Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America (76502 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:29am On Nov 23, 2019
voltron14:

He should provide his address in an anonymous forum?

maybe he wants to send a gift to the family house grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:30am On Nov 23, 2019
philip0906:

Chai...

My Igbo people make una stop this nonsense. We act like we're been hunted...no one is hunting us.

This is the DOJ, America not some propaganda crime fighters/hunters.

Onyeama has zero value to the Americans, to be considered a threat over anything.

They're simply charging him for a crime commited on their shores, just like they would charge anyone else.

exactly what ive been saying since.. thanks bro smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by LordKO(m): 5:31am On Nov 23, 2019
voltron14:

He should provide his address in an anonymous forum?

Discernment and extrapolation aren't fortes of people like you and your ilk.

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by tammie24: 5:31am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

This is far deeper than you think. Once Air Peace is positioning to be in direct competition with any American interest, Trust dirty to be dug up on you.
forget that competition bullsh!t

You people have come again with this jealous-of-us rubbish

Air piece can't be a threat to any American airline

These are still charges though

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by tammie24: 5:32am On Nov 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:

What American interest is he in direct competition with? He buys only American planes
I just tire for the guy sha
Smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:34am On Nov 23, 2019
tammie24:
forget that competition bullsh!t

You people have come again with this jealous-of-us rubbish

Air piece can't be a threat to any American airline

These are still charges though

LOL exactly.. air peace doesnt even rank as a top 100 airline in the world by number of fleet.. Why would USA care about them?

I just checked, they dont even rank top 5 inside africa( Royal air maroc, ethiopian, kenyan, south african, egypt, etc are all bigger)

USA doesnt care about a tiny small airline..

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by tammie24: 5:35am On Nov 23, 2019
Almajiri1:

They've got their oil and gas companies here raping our collective commonwealth dry and bribing their way through.

The drama leading to Trump's impeachment inquiry about Ukraine investigating Hunter Biden shows you how countries turn a blind eye to frauds perpetrated by Americans. This is same American that can destabilise a whole country just to go and steal it's oil. Is this not fraud
but your country let them get away with it
Who do you blame?

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Sleevia: 5:35am On Nov 23, 2019
Let's wait and see what happens but I feel someone snitched on him.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by voltron14: 5:37am On Nov 23, 2019
LordKO:

Discernment and extrapolation aren't fortes of people like you and your ilk.

Quit playing kiddo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by cornoil(m): 5:37am On Nov 23, 2019
Stop spewing rubbish, DEA or FBI are not EFCC. They used almost a year to investigate Invictus Obi before arresting him, they always do painstaking investigation and do not rush out to indict anyone.

Hizzy:
This is the out come of being IGBO he would've answered ALIYU or MOHAMMED but his parents named him Igbo name but as he has grown he would've named him self Aboki name

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by tammie24: 5:37am On Nov 23, 2019
wwwihy:

Stop all these your conspiracy theories. Do you think everyone is gullible as you are. Use your IQ before spilling trash here. You narration is like secondary school students
more like a kindergarten

You placed him too high sef

Can't believe the trash he typed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nukilia: 5:38am On Nov 23, 2019
jjman2322:
lol air peace doesnt even have one single flight to USA.. they also patronize boeing (USA COMPANY)
It has nothing to do with USA fighting Nigeria.. It has to do with a man breaking the strict USA laws and facing the consequences.. Simple..

True... When the giant watchdog (Criminals) decides to deal with the smaller ones. The father of all criminals involved in oil theft are the Ames, but Oyeama should just step down right away in order to save the organization from complete collapse

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:38am On Nov 23, 2019
Sleevia:

very possible.. could be the bank involved as well, maybe someone noticed the fraud and reported it..

Either way someone most likely reported this to the DOJ and they started looking into it.

The problem is that when you get indicted it means thousands of hours of work, and likely years have gone into your investigation..

Thats why EFCC cant win a case.. They will get a report and in 2 days go and arrest the guy . LOL.

in USA, they will get same report, and can spend years building up a tight case before going for the indictment.. Thats why they always win their cases.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Nukilia: 5:39am On Nov 23, 2019
Sleevia:

Keyword: Snitched
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:39am On Nov 23, 2019
cornoil:
Stop spewing rubbish, DEA or FBI are not EFCC

Agree.. People abeg this isnt tribal.. Those DOJ attorneys dont know or care about the difference between IGBO, YORUBA, HAUSA, DELTA, etc..

What they care about is the crime committed.. This isnt Nigeria..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Bizibi(m): 5:39am On Nov 23, 2019
IGBOSON1:

NO....you STFU! You're a fraud...and a vile one at that! I don't regard your opinion on anything concerning Ndigbo as anything other than the jaundiced and bigoted stance of a impostor!

YES....i repeat, if it turns out that he's found guilty, then he has no one but himself to blame when bigots like Buhari, Hadi-Sirika and their goons in EFCC move in to take over his business! I don't need a clairvoyant to tell me Igbo haters have quietly been brimming with hate and envy at the height Air Peace has reached in the aviation industry, and if he as a Igbo man didn't know this then he's really dumb! You think Hadi-Sirika stubbornly insisting on floating a national carrier when many have suggested he use Air Peace instead is just a coincidence? It's to eat into Air Peaces' market and take over any concessions that's due to Nigeria he may be getting as the the largest airline in the country, and hand it over to the newly floated national carrier! Had it been a Dangote that owned Air Peace then Hadi-Sirika and Buhari will sleep easy and not think of a national carrier seeing as the natural order of things (Fulani at the top of the pecking order) hasn't been upset!

Don't you see posts on this thread of the usual Igbo haters? Have you accosted them on their stance as you're doing right now? Or maybe you're secretly laughing with them and praying to satan as they all are that Air Peace is taken over"
I knew I would see a comment like this.very typical......

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by YungMillionaire: 5:40am On Nov 23, 2019
Let me see if I understand the situation here.

Onyeama applied for (and got) 20 million dollar credit (to buy Boeing aircrafts) using fake documents aka FRAUD.

Then after he got the credit, he transferred 16 million into various accounts in US banks aka MONEY LAUNDERING

The other guy also used another person's signature on the fake documents without the person's permission aka IDENTITY THEFT.

Here are my questions:

1. Which bank gave him the 20 million dollar credit?

2. It appears the guy whose signature was fraudulently used works for Onyeama, so are we sure the guy did not know what Onyeama was using his signature for?

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Bizibi(m): 5:42am On Nov 23, 2019
franchasng:
He can enter plea bargain and settle out of court by paying fine.

Tinubu did same and forfeited his criminal money, remember
this is indictment,it is serious!!!!

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Sanchez01: 5:42am On Nov 23, 2019
Honestly, it shouldn't have been Allen Onyema. Dude is someone I greatly admire a lot! He is a lawyer and should have known better than all of these.

Somehow, I'm suspecting his recent news of buying some number of jets caused the DOJ to dig up his case file. What a moment in time for Allen Onyema.

I just pray this wouldn't be the end of Air Peace.

5 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Oseunblues(m): 5:43am On Nov 23, 2019
Yahoo ni everybody �

5 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:43am On Nov 23, 2019
Nukilia:

True... When the giant watchdog (Criminals) decides to deal with the smaller ones. The father of all criminals involved in oil theft are the Ames, but Oyeama should just step down right away in order to save the organization from complete collapse

Agree.. In saner climates, a DOJ indictment usually leads to immediate step down and hand over of the company to someone else. Thats the smart thing to do as well.

But trust Nigeria, they will probably publish a press release saying that this is a witch hunt, and its all a lie, and he was deceived by his bankers, etc, but THATS A MISTAKE.

All that will do is kill your chances of a good plea deal, plus the DOJ will use it against you during your sentencing hearing and ask the judge for a harsh sentence due to the fact you're denying it and showing no remorse.

Part of getting a good/reduced prison sentence in USA is showing remorse and apologizing.. I hope air peace ceo doesnt come out swinging againt the DOJ.. it will only hurt him.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:44am On Nov 23, 2019
The FG will not do anything because he has stood in the gap for them during the south Africa saga
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by LabDNA: 5:45am On Nov 23, 2019
Will we legitimate business owners ever make it big in this country without soiling our hands a bit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by tricksters: 5:45am On Nov 23, 2019
I was patiently waiting to read what many of you pathetic Igbos will say n trust me you did not disappoint. Now, the USA is persecuting him because he is Igbo yeah ?!
Hizzy:
This is the out come of being IGBO he would've answered ALIYU or MOHAMMED but his parents named him Igbo name but as he has grown he would've named him self Aboki name
But you hypocritical Igbos won't have said the same if it was Tinubu that was listed for fraud. Oh, since it is an Igbo we should not look at it from a tribal angle cos he don't do that ba ?
Almajiri1:

American businessmen and politicians commit far worse than you could ever imagine.
Many of you Igbos are so shamelessly pathetic to say the least, so because it is an Igbo business now it must not be allowed to fail ? Where he got the money he laundered is of no concern to you but if it is Tinubu bullion van his businesses must be killed ... wow.

You Igbos just never cease to amuse me. I wonder many at times if you lot read your responses btw happenings such as this n those from other tribes. I can imagine if it was Dangote that was indicted with such overwhelming evidences.

Almajiri1:

Knowing the nature of the non strategic government we have today, Our government might likely play ball with the yanks and throw the man and brand under the bus. American will always lookout for it's own regardless.

Airpeace is succeeding where Nigerian Airways failed. This is a national asset that must be protected at all cost.
Is that how you look after Dangote n Tinubu businesses ?
Almajiri1:

Nigerians are already dragging the man and his brand on twitter. America will always look after it's own. Why can't we?
Igbo hypocrisy showcasing in 40D.
VirginSearcher:
They have come, enemies of progress angry
That is not the case, he is a fraudster bigger than Tinubu 200 times over. Tinubu forfeited less than half a million dollars, my sister with what am reading in this article alone we are talking over 40 million dollars.
lonelydora:

Maybe he allowed politicians use his account to launder money
See Igbos commenting, I don die. FBI is not being ridiculed below EFCC because an Igbo criminal is caught.
UdechiHD:
Something is not right about this news. The Americans are not clean on this. I want to believe the Americans are beginning to retaliate the yahoo scams our guys have been hitting them over the years.
I won't be surprised if they open more books on other Nigerians. We're in for a more suspense.
The government should begin to open the books of American corrupt oil company's here to.
but I see foolish Igbos castigated businessmen like Dangote, Tinubu n co as well all the time so paying you back with your own coin should make you sweat in you pant this much. You think only foolish Igbos own the monopoly to hating others ? You have no idea what you have brewed.
IGBOSON1:

I can't believe you're asking this question! Is Nigeria one! Don't you see how the usual Igbo haters have already declared him guilty and are now salivating at the prospects of Buhari and his EFCC moving in to take over his business! This is the opening they've been praying for, and if Onyeama is found guilty and these bigots seize his business then he has no one to blame but himself! He should have known being Igbo, he would attract a lot of envy and anger that a Igbo has suceeded to grow his airline business to become the largest in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:46am On Nov 23, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Let me see if I understand the situation here.

Onyeama applied for (and got) 20 million dollar credit (to buy Boeing aircrafts) using fake documents aka FRAUD.

Then after he got the credit, he transferred 16 million into various accounts in US banks aka MONEY LAUNDERING

The other guy also used another person's signature on the fake documents without the person's permission aka IDENTITY THEFT.

Here are my questions:

1. Which bank gave him the 20 million dollar credit?

2. It appears the guy whose signature was fraudulently used works for Onyeama, so are we sure the guy did not know what Onyeama was using his signature for?

Maybe he did, but its not all relevant.. The problem is Onyeama has been indicted and he FORGED bank documents which is a major crime in USA.

I know many people dont agree with the indictment, but the simple truth is the USA has some of the strictest laws in the world.. If you dont want to deal with it then don't travel, live, or do business with any usa person or company. Simple..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by jjman2322: 5:46am On Nov 23, 2019
tricksters:
I was patiently waiting to read what many of you pathetic Igbos will say n trust me you did not disappoint. Now, the USA is persecuting him because he is Igbo yeah ?!

Im an igbo guy, and Im not defending him at all. In fact i've explained fully how the dude has serious problems... so dont call us Igbos pathetic..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by oloworulz(m): 5:47am On Nov 23, 2019
Hizzy:
ode. Sense u don't have. Can't u read?
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by TeeFriz: 5:48am On Nov 23, 2019
Don't try to be a messiah in Nigeria and you will have peace, do otherwise, then there is trouble!

Nothing good comes out from being good.
Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Angeldada55(m): 5:51am On Nov 23, 2019
Nigerian and fraud are like 5&6 !!!

Ole ni everybody !!!

This Is what the government is making of them ( nigerin youths especially ) all. They ( leaders ) are the ones teaching ( the youths ) these things ( they made them criminals in disguise ).

Who do una sef for this country ?

The thing now don turn *inbuilt* or lemmi say its in their DNA to do SCAM as Nigerians.

I just dey pity the country...

Iffa talk now, e go be like say I be foriegner !!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by tammie24: 5:52am On Nov 23, 2019
Nyamiri:
I expect this man to be more sensible than this.

If you're indicted by the US Department of Justice, you're finished. They don't miss because if they do, they'll get stewed up for defamation, slander, libel malicious prosecution, false imprisonment, etc.

Onyema is a big fool IF he really did this. This is the US hunting him, not Nigeria where some red-capped fools would start crying marginalisation and insulting Buhari.
they are already doing that

Just look up!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by Sanchez01: 5:52am On Nov 23, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
The FG will not do anything because he has stood in the gap for them during the south Africa saga
It doesn't work that way o. This is a fraud case and if his extradition is sought from the Nigerian government and it is not honoured, it might dampen the bilateral relationship between then two and further put Nigeria in trouble with the US government.

Eventually, the trick for him would be not to travel as he can be extradited mid air. We have seen this in play severally.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America by playapayaski: 5:53am On Nov 23, 2019
No role modelz.. No role models in Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Forex Trade Alerts / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.