Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" (40343 Views)

Life Changing Quotes By Apostle Joshua Selman / Newman Emmanuel Edward: "If You Are Rich & Don't Help Pastors, You Will Die" / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by mechanics(m): 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2019
He should know land won't take anyone to heaven.
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
gypsey:
More Rubbish, grin You believers in God are really Dumb. that is why it's easy for so called pastors to brainwash you people.
Okay oohh,just don't kill yourself over Christians matter
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Ebubenwa042(m): 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
The Apostle Joshua Selman I know can never say such. God bless koinonia
God bless Apostle Joshua Selman

1 Like

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Pes13: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
You hear a part of a message without understanding and wisdom,the next thing is for you to come here to spew half truth just for cheap attention.

Knowing fully well our society is waiting patiently for every slightest opportunity to devour a Man of God.

Habaa. As if I don't listen to the man myself.

Op, you just mocked a genuine anointed man of God, when God is done with you, even Satan will plead on your behalf.

Hipocrite.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Kennydoc(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
otuekong1:

A Landlord/Land owner in Nyanya is better off to a tenant in maitama

Same way a landlord in Mpape is better off than a tenant in Asokoro. Be deceiving yourself.
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by naijacentric(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
gypsey:
don't mind that gullible cretin, even if pastor fu cks his wife in his presence, he would still think pastor is innocent. grin
lol bros u harsh o easy o grin

1 Like

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by EazyJ(f): 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
I'm sure most people bashing the man of God didn't take time to listen to the full sermon but rather commented based on the excerpts posted by bloggers who are well known to put up controversial statement just to generate traffic.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by saxxyb: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
Most people don't know this man, he is one of the most anointed preachers in this generation, and I am sure critics just extracted a portion of the whole message just to tarnish his image. I advised that those saying negative things about him should ask God for forgiveness. You don't know the sacrifices this minister has done. In order to avoid God punishment ask for forgiveness.

Let me tell someone here, there is only one truth in this life; either what he says is recognized by God or not.
It is up to God to judge .

1 Like

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by elbulk(m): 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
musictori:
The founder and Apostle in charge of the koinonia ministry in Zaria has said in one of his sermon that a man is poor if he doesn't own land

https://youtu.be/k6owiy_hsALk

You just pick an excerpt from a message and come to write what you want. It's from a message, listen to the full message before you are quick to attack
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by saxxyb: 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by HacheNoire: 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
[s]
hardbody:

While I don't believe in his mundane sermon, nevertheless your post is hate speech.

If he gets killed because of what you wrote, you may be charged for murder. Take note
[/s]
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by HacheNoire: 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
[s]
Muyiwamary:

You're so dumb for typing that a human should be killed...just shut it
[/s]
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by sneakzy(m): 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
I am not surprised even jesus christ was hated and criticize while he was on earth.you cropped a little of the message and brought it out publicly to criticize him.. Apostle Joshua selman is one of the true men of God i have met..may God have mercy on you op..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Dking01(m): 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Ebubenwa042:
The Apostle Joshua Selman I know can never say such. God bless koinonia
God bless Apostle Joshua Selman
He said that sir,...when you listen to the whlole sermon, u will understand where he is coming from. people just misunderstood. I think the sermon title is multiple streams of income

1 Like

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Dking01(m): 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2019
Anyone can argue what apostle selman said but taking it personal to the point of insulting an anointed man of God is an offense that one should seek forgiveness. Download any of koinonia messages and listen before you judge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
Jesus. Who are these dummies insulting apostle Selma? Jesus!
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by ogbonti: 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
HacheNoire:
This man should be killed.

What has land got to do with salvation.

I weak ooooo Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world but these pastors want to be called Christians but do not want to be like Christ or follow his teachings of the kingdom which should be the focus and not materialism
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by mrchineke: 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
isthatso:

asking me how many land (not lands BTW) is a very stupid thing to do. This is the internet i can tell you anything I want. so you are either stupid or trying to insult me.

back to your question and I am only answering for the sake of others.

i am going to give you a few examples of how land can become worthless or lose it's value because I am watching a match and dont have time for many examples.

1.if you bought land in 2015 for example...anywhere in Nigeria, your land is worth less today than in 2015. How you ask? because the naira has lost half it's value and the history of the naira since independence is that it always loses value over time. So land of 10m in 2015 was worth $60,000, today that land has not increased in naira and it's worth $30,000. You could buy 2 corrollas in 2015 with 10m, today you cant buy 1 if you sell that land. So that land has not only failed to appreciate it has lost you your wealth. if you took the 10m and changed it to forex in 2015 and kept it in a bank account, and today you withdrew the money and converted into Naira you will have 20m without wahala of land registry, omo-onile etc etc etc, while the man who bought land will have only 10m after waiting months to find buyer.

2. We dont enforce town planning laws in Nigeria, so what may seems like a good area today may become a bad area tommorow where nobody wants to live, which means the value of your property will go down or at best it becomes hard to find a buyer because it is no longer a desirable area. Festac used to be a place for the upper middle class, now it is known as a place for fraudsters and dubious people. Traffic may mean nobody wants to live in that area so prices drop. Land and property rose because there was an oil boom, there was easy money in the economy and there was demand from corrupt officials which propelled an artificial boom. that boom is over and it will take time for property to find its true level.

3. your land if bought in the wrong area can become submerged due to , poor drainage, flooding or erosion, rising water table, making the land/property lose value and in the worse case completely worthless.

4. And this happennned to me personally, you can buy land from legitimate source, due your due dilligence, the person selling the land was a honest high ranking Nigerian who had what appeared to be a legitimate registered title, you register the land and your title using proper lawyers. Years later when you want to use the land, somebody comes and says they own the land and they too have documents duly registered in the same land registry. How do you explain that? This is Nigeria!!! Well it turns out the person who sold the land to the person who sold the land did not have full authority to sell that family land (only 2 members of the family signed the document dates 1957) , whereas the person who claimed he own the land actually had a deed of conveyance signed by all the heads of the family. The man who sold us the land wasnt trying to dupe us, he is a respectable man, but all that money is gone! because according to the law, a document signed my all members of a family has more weight than a document signed by a few.

i have ball to watch.

This write up sounds on point and intelligent but on a much closer look it contains so much fallacy, skin deep understanding and some measure of negativity. I bought a couple of houses in 2010 and 2012. Despite the massive drop in Naira's dollar value, I am still in profit territory, taking into account the rents received to date. 2015 to now is short term and land is a very long term investment. Land should be bought as early as possible in life to reap a sure banker profit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by horllyma(m): 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2019
ZooOga:

excellent question to ponder. wink

The Earth is the Lord and the fullness thereof... Psalm 24vs1.
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by horllyma(m): 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
How many lands Jesus own when he traveled the Earth?

The Earth is the Lord and the fullness thereof... Psalm 24vs1.
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by lereinter(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2019
No be rich person dey buy land in urban area

But

Some pastor will be preaching like compere of a wedding ceremony
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by eclectic11: 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
in order words if you have land you are rich!
Foolish Ignorant talk.
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
mrchineke:

This write up sounds on point and intelligent but on a much closer look it contains so much fallacy, skin deep understanding and some measure of negativity. I bought a couple of houses in 2010 and 2012. Despite the massive drop in Naira's dollar value, I am still in profit territory, taking into account the rents received to date. 2015 to now is short term and land is a very long term investment. Land should be bought as early as possible in life to reap a sure banker profit.

I never said all properties will lose value, I said not all will gain or hold their value and anywhere you are in the world, that is 100% an undisputable fact! So long as there are some that dont, then I am right and you are wrong!!! I never said people wont make money from property, I said not all will....mind your English, your personal example does not negate what i said, you are just 1 of many!!

Go to detroit, there were 3 bedroom properties on sale for $900...no buyers, go to the former coal mining towns and industrial areas of the UK, I remmember some propertiies being sold for something similar in areas where the factories have closed down and the jobs have gone....no buyers!
I dont think you need "o" levels to know that any property selling for $900 or even $20,000 today in the UK hast lost money. Somebody has lost money before a house can be on the market at those prices.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cheap-detroit-houses-auction_n_5148152

https://www.estately.com/blog/2013/11/10-detroit-houses-you-can-buy-for-less-than-1000/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-6628333/Cheapest-properties-sale-cost-15-month.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/9606458/uk-cheapest-homes-selling-20000-summer/

if you are going to attemp to discredit me then use the figures I gave Because the example I gave was 2015.. Between 2010 and 2012 when you bought and 2015, prices especially in Lagos were still rising at an astronomical rate sometimes doubling, so you were lucky you got enough of a rise to cushion the effect of the devaluation...what about the guy who bought late 2014 and 2015? Do not confuse lucky timing with investment. 2015 was the peak, anybody who bought in 2015 has lost money because prices have not moved since and are not likely to move for another decade at the very least because the circumstances that led to the rapid and artificial appreciation are gone...1) politicians looking to park looted hot money because taking money abroad became difficult post 911 and clampdown on money laudering and 2) A temporary Oil boom which gave the economy a temporary boost and a false sense of prosperity. Even in the boom times there are always some areas where the price will fall, even in the boom times when all the properties in an area are rising you may find property whose price wont rise. I said it is not a given that all properties will appreciate. if you bought a flat in the lekki axis around 2015, the REAL value of your property has not gone up and will not go up for a long time because true value of property is a factor of rent! if there is a cap to the rent you can get on a property, then there is a cap to the amount a buyer is willing to pay for that property. I challenge you to show me any property bought in mainstream lagos e.g Lekki/ajah in 2015 that has appreciated because these properties are occcupied by the average middle class man and if the average man cannot afford higher rent, then until their wages increase, the prices in that area arent going up. If anything, those higher end properties designated in dollars are going down, you couldnt get a flat in Ocean parade in Banana or Eko atlantic pearl for less than $1m, now they are on the market $6-700K I think I even saw 1 for $500k

There is no law that says ALL properties MUST always rise and that is my point. property is like any other commodity, it's determined by demand and supply.

The point anyway is that not all property appreciates. Your example does not invalidate my arguments. You got in at a good time, be thankful, others didnt. You are free to take what I said anyway you want but please dont dont insult me. I'm not here to convince you otherwise. I gave example of a personal experience where family property became worthless. i.e Zero!!!

There is no sure banker profit anywhere.....only fools and people about to lose their shirt talk about sure bankers!!! Sometimes you have a once in a generation rise that does not reoccur again your lifetime, there is risk to every investment!!! I gave the example of the land bought in 1983, that was lost i.e all the money gone because of the peculiarities of Nigeria. but even if the title was kosher, it turns out that if my father had simply converted his money to dollars in 1983and put it in a savings account at a mere 2% interest, compounded he would have more than the dollar value of that land today.

you are free to hold on to your beliefs, but a lot of it is born of ignorant cliches!!

Land/property is about demographics, location and timing. Dont buy at the peak, dont buy in an area people are deserting, dont buy where there are no jobs. Land will generally rise in Lagos because everyone is moving to lagos, but the places from which people are leaving to move to lagos will see a fall in value of property

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by ogahlandlord: 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2019
“The best investment on earth is earth.”

Looking for where to have investment with piece of mind with your family?

We got something great for you...

Ogahlandlord offers great opportunity to own a a piece of Land.

15 Mins Drive from Opopo Junction.

ASKING PRICE : NGN200,000

INSPECTION DAYS EVERY SATURDAY 9AM

#OGAHLANDLORDNIG
#BUYLAND
#SELLLAND

Ogahlandlord Nigeria
Buy it sell it and rent it

for more info 07035323038

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by webngnews: 12:10am On Nov 24, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Gerrard59(m): 12:21am On Nov 24, 2019
isthatso:

asking me how many land (not lands BTW) is a very stupid thing to do. This is the internet i can tell you anything I want. so you are either stupid or trying to insult me.

back to your question and I am only answering for the sake of others.

i am going to give you a few examples of how land can become worthless or lose it's value because I am watching a match and dont have time for many examples.

1.if you bought land in 2015 for example...anywhere in Nigeria, your land is worth less today than in 2015. How you ask? because the naira has lost half it's value and the history of the naira since independence is that it always loses value over time. So land of 10m in 2015 was worth $60,000, today that land has not increased in naira and it's worth $30,000. You could buy 2 corrollas in 2015 with 10m, today you cant buy 1 if you sell that land. So that land has not only failed to appreciate it has lost you your wealth. if you took the 10m and changed it to forex in 2015 and kept it in a bank account, and today you withdrew the money and converted into Naira you will have 20m without wahala of land registry, omo-onile etc etc etc, while the man who bought land will have only 10m after waiting months to find buyer.

2. We dont enforce town planning laws in Nigeria, so what may seems like a good area today may become a bad area tommorow where nobody wants to live, which means the value of your property will go down or at best it becomes hard to find a buyer because it is no longer a desirable area. Festac used to be a place for the upper middle class, now it is known as a place for fraudsters and dubious people. Traffic may mean nobody wants to live in that area so prices drop. Land and property rose because there was an oil boom, there was easy money in the economy and there was demand from corrupt officials which propelled an artificial boom. that boom is over and it will take time for property to find its true level.

3. your land if bought in the wrong area can become submerged due to , poor drainage, flooding or erosion, rising water table, making the land/property lose value and in the worse case completely worthless.

4. And this happennned to me personally, you can buy land from legitimate source, due your due dilligence, the person selling the land was a honest high ranking Nigerian who had what appeared to be a legitimate registered title, you register the land and your title using proper lawyers. Years later when you want to use the land, somebody comes and says they own the land and they too have documents duly registered in the same land registry. How do you explain that? This is Nigeria!!! Well it turns out the person who sold the land to the person who sold the land did not have full authority to sell that family land (only 2 members of the family signed the document dates 1957) , whereas the person who claimed he own the land actually had a deed of conveyance signed by all the heads of the family. The man who sold us the land wasnt trying to dupe us, he is a respectable man, but all that money is gone! because according to the law, a document signed my all members of a family has more weight than a document signed by a few.

i have ball to watch.

Thanks for the insightful analysis. The bold happened during Akpabio's tenure as Akwa Ibom State governor. Outrageous prices here and there. I can only imagine how much they sell today with few buyers. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Gerrard59:

Thanks for the insightful analysis. The bold happened during Akpabio's tenure as Akwa Ibom State governor. Outrageous prices here and there. I can only imagine how much they sell today with few buyers. grin

Even ghana felt the effect of the hot money from Nigeria. Nigerians were going there buying 4 5 6 properties in their highbrow areas during GEJ's time. All that has dried up now. Today you will hear they seized a whole apartment block in Ikoyi from Kola Aluko, tommorow you will hear they forfeited 3 tower blocks from Diezani. that was what was causing properties to rise...looted money. Politicians and govt officials couldnt take their money abroad after Alams and parked it in property which had a knock on effect of the average man's property. Many of the estates along the Lekki corridor you will find one man owns 10 flats/houses, that's why the prices were rising. Some years ago I visited a friend in Friend's colony and he showed me some empty houses around 10 all owned by one man, they said the man doesnt want tennants... ofcourse it's illegal money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 24, 2019
isthatso:

All it takes to have a flourishing ministry in Nigeria are desperate people, people who don’t want to think for themselves and people who have lost hope.

If you don’t want to think for yourself, there is no shortage of pastors who will do your thinking for you.

Land or property can be an asset but it can also be a liability. There are people whose land and property have become worthless. There are people who have bought land and property in Nigeria who did everything by the book, got the title and property properly registered only to find they have no claim to the property. Every circumstance is different.

He should stick to preaching the Bible instead of what he knows nothing about. The only financial acumen he has is the ability to collect tithe from the gullible and downtrodden.

Telling me his ministry is flourishing in the North just reinforces what I am saying, is that not where the poorest of the poor who are desperate and full of despair are?

You've spoken intelligently and with a level of respect so I'll engage you.
My intent is not to make you like the man. I just want you to understand a few things.
Number 1 - Your claim about what it takes to run a successful ministry is overstretched...very overstretched. A church like Winners Chapel is filled with many scholars and erudites; professors and professionals in their careers. In fact, a church is a reflection of it's leader. You attract who you are.
Apostle Selman's messages are communicated with a baffling level of intelligence and smartness.
Bishop Oyedepo takes a stand for hardwork and intelligence. For people who have lost hope - our gospel is to bring hope for the hopeless.

Land is an asset. One of the strongest assets a person/organization can have. A quick study in economics will show that land, building and property are a solid asset against which most collaterals are drawn. Land,to me, isn't the greatest asset but saying it can fluctuate between asset and liability is denying the obvious.

I agree that properties can be worthless...but land? No. There's always a use for land.

About his financial acumen, lemme laugh haq haq haq. Apostle is the graduate of a business school fa. He is highly rooted in financial matters.
His teachings on wealth and finances have helped many people understand the dynamics of money.

He says, "Money is the exchange for value."

If you claim that his only financial acumen is extortion, then how, pray tell do his members flourish after engaging the principles that he teaches? Or do they "eat" tithe and offerings also?
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 24, 2019
jcross19:
is that from your own bible version? is that what Jesus was preaching to His disciples to acquire land?may God show you mercy.
Did you listen to the whole message?
If no, your prayer applies to you.
Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 24, 2019
taiwoawoniyi:

You've spoken intelligently and with a level of respect so I'll engage you.
My intent is not to make you like the man. I just want you to understand a few things.
Number 1 - Your claim about what it takes to run a successful ministry is overstretched...very overstretched. A church like Winners Chapel is filled with many scholars and erudites; professors and professionals in their careers. In fact, a church is a reflection of it's leader. You attract who you are.
Apostle Selman's messages are communicated with a baffling level of intelligence and smartness.
Bishop Oyedepo takes a stand for hardwork and intelligence. For people who have lost hope - our gospel is to bring hope for the hopeless.

Land is an asset. One of the strongest assets a person/organization can have. A quick study in economics will show that land, building and property are a solid asset against which most collaterals are drawn. Land,to me, isn't the greatest asset but saying it can fluctuate between asset and liability is denying the obvious.

I agree that properties can be worthless...but land? No. There's always a use for land.

About his financial acumen, lemme laugh haq haq haq. Apostle is the graduate of a business school fa. He is highly rooted in financial matters.
His teachings on wealth and finances have helped many people understand the dynamics of money.

He says, "Money is the exchange for value."

If you claim that his only financial acumen is extortion, then how, pray tell do his members flourish after engaging the principles that he teaches? Or do they "eat" tithe and offerings also?

I think all pastors are fraudsters and conmen so i put my cards on the table so you know where i am coming from.

Aside from that I have a problem with" Men of God" suddenly becoming life coaches telling people how to dress, what to invest in etc etc, they are human beings they are not God. They dont know it all, they are human beings with flaws and bad judgement just like everyone else and should therefore STFU and stick to preaching to word of God or collecting tithe.

if you want to follow him that is your perrogative and I will not waste any more time on the subject because it is a road to nowhere. i am not going to convince you not that I care and you WILL never convince me that ANY of these pastors anything but motivational speakers and conmen!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Joshua Selman: "If You Own Land, You Are Rich" by encryptjay(m): 12:50am On Nov 24, 2019
If y'all are going to insult preachers. Please take your time to listen to Joshua Selman, he's different. His simplicity is out of this world and he's quite knowledgeable. Even if you're an atheist, you'll still benefit from his teachings.
It's very easy for bloggers to deceive some of you guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Mummy G.O In Dubai Hotel: Reno Omokri Reacts. Says 'Enjoy But Avoid Hell' / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.