Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur (25804 Views)

Odion Ighalo Usurps Zlatan Ibrahimovic To Equal 95-year Man Utd Record / Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years / Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Bawofsss: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
dis man is so so confused......wat a useless coach
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2019
Soon Song will be a full back defender while KANE.....will face bench or be settled in the DM ,...
Respect Sir

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Sheggun1: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2019
a confused human being
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Badonasty(m): 8:07am On Nov 23, 2019
Lol...this one will just come and destabilize the team

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Toluhwanie(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2019
hefelove:
When you have Kane? Lmaoooooooo grin
4-4-2
Ibra and Kane

2 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by VanEFCC: 8:08am On Nov 23, 2019
ogbiwa:
Jose Mourinho is considering hijacking AC Milan’s attempts to re-sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic and bring him to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 38-year-old striker is available on a free Naija transfer in the new year following the completion of his two-year spell at LA Galaxy.

Mourinho signed Ibrahimovic, also on a free transfer, for Manchester United in 2016, with the Swede scoring 26 goals in 46 appearances before a serious knee threatened to end his career.

Ibrahimovic left United in March 2018 but maintains a strong relationship with Mourinho, who first worked with him at Inter Milan and values his professionalism and winning mentality.

Tottenham have not replaced Fernando Llorente and, therefore, do not have an understudy to Harry Kane. It could be a role ideally suited to Ibrahimovic at this stage of his career as he returns to European football.

United have ruled out bringing Ibrahimovic back to Old Trafford and it is understood his agent, Mino Raiola, has been in contact with a number of Italian clubs, headed by Milan which Nigeria News was the last Serie A club he played for before joining Paris St-Germain.

Italian sources say Raiola held talks with Milan on Wednesday. The suggestion was that Ibrahimovic’s wage demands might have been a stumbling block.

Spurs are unlikely to want to damage their pay structure to bring him back to the Premier League but there is believed to be interest from them following Mourinho’s arrival.

Signing Ibrahimovic, if Spurs went ahead with it, would only be a short-term measure which may not appeal to him as it is understood he is seeking an 18-month deal with a European club.

But it may appeal to his ego and sense of drama to join Spurs, who have not won a trophy since 2008, and to do so with Mourinho.

At the same time, he would be unlikely to be a regular starter, given Kane’s status at Spurs and with Mourinho and the hierarchy acutely aware that the England captain is unsettled and may consider his future in the summer should they fail to win silverware and also do not qualify for Champions League football.

Spurs’ new head coach is unlikely to push for the deal to be completed,
having assured chairman Daniel Levy that he would not be demanding in the transfer market.

He has also told Levy that his priority is sorting out the Spurs ­defence, but he could regard the much-decorated Ibrahimovic as a short-term help to a squad that has not yet won a trophy.

Mourinho reiterated at his unveiling that he did not want new players, having already shown his regard for the current squad by having tried to sign certain members in the past.

“I told them that one of the reasons why I decided to come was the players,” he said. “I tried to buy some of them for different clubs and I couldn’t.

“Some of them I didn’t even try ­because you know how impossible it is.

“But I like this squad very, very much. I like the players very, very much. It’s not something new that I said that.

“It’s not like ‘OK, now you are their manager you are saying that because you want to look nice’. That’s not the point.

“I don’t want to make big changes. I want to respect the base and the base is the work they did for 5½ years [under Mauricio Pochettino].”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/21/tottenham-linked-veteran-forward-zlatan-ibrahimovic-following/

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Odunolumide(m): 8:09am On Nov 23, 2019
Timileyin1234:
Mourinho dey craze o. But ibramovic deadbody is better than rashford and martial combine

shut up
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by MNDY(m): 8:09am On Nov 23, 2019
Pls what is the Nigerian time for today's Chelsea vs Man City game?
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Hubsolar: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2019
Starboyyy:
let's face it, asides age, Ibrahimovic still has it in him... That dude is a god of the game I must honestly admit

BTW after this weekend,I fit dey put Tottenham for my ticket again cheesy

U dunno Tottenham yet
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by jaxxy(m): 8:09am On Nov 23, 2019
Mourinho knows exactly what to do and watch him do the magic again and again. Welcome back sire grin

I am a core Mourinho fan grin

3 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by grandstar(m): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2019
26 goals in 46 matches! The guy is good.

4 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Philinho(m): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2019
Morinho with penchant for old players ....
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Suremikky(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2019
Him go carry all the money sign dead plays later him go start complain say club no allow sign beta players..idiot man with orthodox ways

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2019
landmark86:
Reason why many Managers fails.
Why Ibrahimovic? Is it because of it performance in America league? Make Mouriho no compare that league to EPL ooooooo.
When we many young strikers with brighter future around the world.

so for your mind now, you know more about football than Mourinho

3 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:13am On Nov 23, 2019
grin grin grin
Joke of the year.
Which club did the clown think he's managing?

Real Madrid or Manchester City?

Oga, you better start practicing bus parking with what you have.

Shingbai signing you no go get.
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Chronicgenius: 8:16am On Nov 23, 2019
landmark86:
Why Ibrahimovic? Is it because of it performance in America league? Make Mouriho no compare that league to EPL ooooooo.

See you,IBRA is good anytime,anywhere..The only football legend without a club.

The only thing is that IBRA might destabilize the team with his ARROGANCE (overconfidence,if you like) and "ONE MAN GAME"(lol),aside that,he is a Beast in human skin!

The one and only IBRACADABRA!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by bunmioguns(m): 8:17am On Nov 23, 2019
Timileyin1234:
Mourinho dey craze o. But ibramovic deadbody is better than rashford and martial combine

Hate speech

LOL �
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by MoIbrahim: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2019
landmark86:

As a stop gap, not long term. Harry Kane needs an assistant right now

2 Likes

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by tosyne2much(m): 8:22am On Nov 23, 2019
tegafej:
He may do something good with Tottenham given his new found humility.
Honestly I wonder where Mourinho found this new garment of humility cheesy
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by hefelove(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2019
Toluhwanie:

4-4-2
Ibra and Kane
Son nko?
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by maestroferddi: 8:32am On Nov 23, 2019
Is Mourinho planning to fail?

The clown Ibrahimovic with an ego and pride the size of Kazahkstan playing as Harry Kane's understudy...

Na today?
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 8:33am On Nov 23, 2019
hefelove:

You didn't read the post bro
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Samuels90: 8:34am On Nov 23, 2019
tegafej:
He may do something good with Tottenham given his new found humility.
shocked Mou humble? Give him six months to a yr, u will still see the old side... He will help the club
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by hefelove(m): 8:34am On Nov 23, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

You didn't read the post bro
I no need to read. Ibra won't even last a season
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Tchiman(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2019
I am seeing people saying that IBRA should go and rest!!!......I beg to differ....Zlatan is like wine, it gets better with age!!....The scoring record he kept in man u in just a season, nobody has been able to break it after he left!!!!

And who says he cannot play together with Kane at the same time

All hail king IBRA!!!

I so much like listening to both him and mourinho press conferences....it is never a dull moment....Both got the magic with words!!

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2019
hefelove:

I no need to read. Ibra won't even last a season

Lol bro

They want to use him as second strike to Kane

Kane won't play all matches
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by morenikeji77: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2019
I guess u all should know, he is not signing Ibrahimovic to replace Kane, he is only going to be a second strike since totheam did not have a backup striker, which I think it's a good idea. Do not underestimate mourinho even if it's ordinary FA cup Totheam will win, he is never a looser n to united fans I wonder y they hate mourinho who gave them three trophies that they can boast of recently, nevertheless let's see what d future holds for him
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Rajosh(m): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2019
hefelove:
No back up for Kane
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by Rajosh(m): 8:47am On Nov 23, 2019
hefelove:
No backup for Kane
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by JeffreyJames(m): 8:52am On Nov 23, 2019
Reading this thread, I can now confirm a lot of Nigerians just watch football for watching sake and don't really know anything about it apart from what they see on TV.

Mou won't be signing Ibrahimovic to come and replace Kane. Zlatan's presence alone, will be big boost on the ego of the whole team.

Mou will be signing him for psychological purposes.
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by makeherscream(m): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2019
Timileyin1234:
on a normal level

You are senseless and not a football fan
Re: Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur by abbasajao(m): 8:56am On Nov 23, 2019
landmark86:
When we many young strikers with brighter future around the would

Forget that thing . Even at his age, he still has the energy to perform very well in any league. That guy is a beast.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EPL: How Ronaldo Blocked Man Utd From Appointing Conte As New Manager / 4 Things We Learnt From The EPL Last Weekend / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Christian Jacob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.