Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany (2142 Views)

How I Got A Fully Funded Scholarship To Study Abroad! A Personal Experience / I Got My Certificate The Day I Defended My Thesis In Germany / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany by Princecanada: 11:54am On Nov 23, 2019
Hi,
Please I need your opinions on this. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a Facebook Ad for an 85% scholarship in International University of Applied Sciences in Germany. I applied, and 5 days ago, I got a call from the International Students Advisor in Berlin that my application is being considered. She said because of the 85% scholarship, my tuition will be N50k per month, and if that is within my budget. I told her that is fine, and I will send her the necessary documents to process my registration. I did my research and found out that the University is accredited in Germany, though it's a private University. Based on the tuition, the 18 months program will cost me an estimated N1,000,000. Today, I discovered that my Alma mater in Nigeria is even ranked higher compared to that University according to word rankings. I am considering declining the scholarship, besides the fact that it's a foreign University and the values employers place on foreign certificates, I don't think it is wise to spend that much on a Masters Program that is guised as a scholarship program in a University that isn't even ranked better than the one I got my first degree. Note that it is going to be an online class for 18 months. I have concerns also if the credits from the program is transferrable to Nigerian universities for me to pursue my PhD. I am so confused right now and need your advices. Scholarship application deadline is 30th of November this year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany by Princecanada: 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
Lalasticlala please help me get more views on this...
Re: I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany by teadrake(m): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
Princecanada:
Hi,
Please I need your opinions on this. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a Facebook Ad for an 85% scholarship in International University of Applied Sciences in Germany. I applied, and 5 days ago, I got a call from the International Students Advisor in Berlin that my application is being considered. She said because of the 85% scholarship, my tuition will be N50k per month, and if that is within my budget. I told her that is fine, and I will send her the necessary documents to process my registration. I did my research and found out that the University is accredited in Germany, though it's a private University. Based on the tuition, the 18 months program will cost me an estimated N1,000,000. Today, I discovered that my Alma mater in Nigeria is even ranked higher compared to that University according to word rankings. I am considering declining the scholarship, besides the fact that it's a foreign University and the values employers place on foreign certificates, I don't think it is wise to spend that much on a Masters Program that is guised as a scholarship program in a University that isn't even ranked better than the one I got my first degree. Note that it is going to be an online class for 18 months. I have concerns also if the credits from the program is transferrable to Nigerian universities for me to pursue my PhD. I am so confused right now and need your advices. Scholarship application deadline is 30th of November this year.
I don't think you should accept the offer. When it comes to foreign university, ranking is an important criteria especially those university in Germany. Perhaps you should look for top 10 university and apply since you have the money or better still apply for scholarship

1 Like

Re: I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany by Princecanada: 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
teadrake:

I don't think you should accept the offer. When it comes to foreign university, ranking is an important criteria especially those university in Germany. Perhaps you should look for top 10 university and apply since you have the money or better still apply for scholarship
Many thanks Sir. Will surely look into it.

1 Like

Re: I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany by WhyNa: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
I thought studies in Germany is tuition free

1 Like

Re: I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany by jesmond3945: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2019
besides never do any online stuff. it is not advisable.
Re: I GOT IUBH Scholarship In Germany by odimbannamdi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2021
Princecanada:
Hi,

Hello Bro,

Did you eventually go with this?

I am just about applying for the scholarship now. The plan is to use the MBA degree to apply for Canadian PR.

What do you think?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed!!! Yaba Tech Transcript Verification Process / Lagos State University Mba Entrance Examination / Ndu 2009/2010 Admission List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.