Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (34587 Views)

Doctors Share Their Experiences With Nigerian Patients / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Lush100(m): 2:51am On Nov 27, 2019
Nurses in government hospital are not well trained.
They insult u at every whim.
Had to confront some of these kind of attitude which looked strange to me as the last time I visited government hospital is over 20 years ago until last month.
Only few in private hospital behave this bad
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Ladyfachi25: 2:52am On Nov 27, 2019
Did a surgery to take out one of my sister's eyes..after the surgery that almost took her life, they said if they had known they wouldn't have taken out the eyes and that it was too late since they had already cut the nerves and veins attached to the eyes...
#may God forgive these careless doctors
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Yonce(f): 2:56am On Nov 27, 2019
Johnny1013:
mumu Ibruprofen for small headache plus other crazy drugs like say Something else dey inside?
If you must quote please quote with sense ..thanks

But Ibruprofen would act as a pain killer and stop the small headache. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by anselm791(m): 3:06am On Nov 27, 2019
Yonce:

But Ibruprofen would act as a pain killer and stop the small headache. cheesy cheesy

the guy tire me,
and he somehow found the guts to bash a doctor.
the real question you guys should ask yourselves is if you are the best at what you do in your different profession? and maybe collectively we can make the country better.
we have a common enemy here folks, and it's certainly not doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by dochenaj: 3:13am On Nov 27, 2019
Motunemotun:
Two times a doctor would have killed me undecided a pharmacist saved my life smiley
I’ll rather consult a pharmacist now sef abeg

Coming from a pharmacologist that served in a hospital pharmacy department for a year , I’ve seen many things sha undecided
Consult a pharmacist? That's too high, you should rather prefer a patent medicine dealer. Those guys can mix drug for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by dochenaj: 3:15am On Nov 27, 2019
I bet you the guy who opened this thread is a young doctor or medical student, and he was under the illusion that people had good things to say about their experience with doctors. Lol

He must be shocked reading through the many horrendous episodes people have had with doctors.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by anselm791(m): 3:36am On Nov 27, 2019
dochenaj:
I bet you the guy who opened this thread is a young doctor or medical student, and he was under the illusion that people had good things to say about their experience with doctors. Lol

He must be shocked reading through the many horrendous episodes people have had with doctors.

I doubt that very much, no serious minded medical personelle will be bothered by this, especially since I took my sister to maternal and child hospital in Lagos yesterday and was sent back because of no bed space in a 110 bed spaced hospital.
apparently they don't even want us, as their beds are filled with people from Mars.
see me see begging na.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 3:44am On Nov 27, 2019
Motunemotun:
Two times a doctor would have killed me undecided a pharmacist saved my life smiley

Coming from a pharmacologist that served in a hospital pharmacy department for a year , I’ve seen many things sha undecided
Tell me more about it
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Lucasbalo(m): 3:56am On Nov 27, 2019
badboy92:
They killed my father few months ago, we rushed him to the hospital they said no deposit no treatment, at around 1am in the morning with no atm card.

And yes, it's a private hospital.

Nigeria has failed a lot of people, don't blame people wanting to run away, nothing works in this country

RIP dad
So sad. In a civilized society, that's a cause for a lawsuit.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Businesslocator(m): 4:00am On Nov 27, 2019
send free sms via gmail click my signature
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Rilley(m): 4:19am On Nov 27, 2019
Most of them are too damn slow and unprofessional
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by salford1: 4:20am On Nov 27, 2019
Another doctor bashing thread.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Spectrum22: 4:23am On Nov 27, 2019
A Nigerian doctor killed my brother a few months ago.

My brother complained that he had abdominal pain, a doctor promptly booked him for an appendix operation without scan or any form of clinical evidence to support his assumption.

He conducted the surgery despite confirming himself that the patient BP was extremely high and it would be unethical to operate on such person.

My late brother lost a lot of blood during and after the surgery.

Later on, a series of complications arose. The stomach was swollen, he was extremely thirsty which led to the discovery that his blood sugar level was also very high and eventually he started complaining that he couldn't breathe well.

In all these the doctor was so harsh to the patient and the caregiver. He kept him when he could have referred him. My brother gasped and struggled to hold on to HIS life.

Eventually he referred him but the man never made it to the place he was referred to.

Nigerian doctors and health workers are like demigods, so heartless, so callous, so cold.

I don't forgive easily.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by madridguy(m): 4:30am On Nov 27, 2019
Yes, the killed my father, uncle and a brother.

DECLAN2015:

Is anyone kill ur dad or mum
How can u say they are
Error of generalisations

Just say what u think it is not ok
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by ambient: 4:34am On Nov 27, 2019
I will never forget that devilish doctor at first rivers hospital, one yoruba tall devil in the name of a doctor. My baby experienced multiple seizure last two year and we were admitted in that hospital so one night the seizure started i ran to call this devil doctor only for him to come and start asking rubbish questions he didnt even touch the baby he was just folded his hand and was looking at my baby asking me stupid question no related to my baby. Hr left without checking my baby that was brought in for multiple siezure and went back to sleep. I really cursed him that day useless doctor. Thankgod for nurse comfort she was an angel to me during my trying times God will keep on protecting her for me. My baby is better now but whenever i remember that man ahhhhhh.

First rivers hospital should sack that devilish man they parade as a doctor or surgeon who know how many people he has killed in that hospital.

Adanta children hospital saved my baby, the doctors were all empathetic and kind hearted, Gid will keep blessing them for me.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 27, 2019
Teebilion:
The thread would have been more interesting if it were
‘ Share your experience with Nigerian NURSES’

But still

1 .while serving in lokoja , A female doctor was giving me injections and receiving call , left the injection in my ass to be replying chats

2. Refusal to treat my dying friend less we registered, buy a card and pay in advance , coz we were broke , all our pleas went into deaf ears

3 . Waited Four and half hours for the doctor to tell me ‘you are fine ‘

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by googi: 4:38am On Nov 27, 2019
Please do not blame lack of courtesy on doctors alone. It is a Nigerian thing.

In the hospitals they are always short staffed and when anyone is overwhelmed, the frustration shows in their service.

This is why those who could afford it go to private hospitals.

Moreover, residents are overworked. I hope those crazy hours has or would stop.

Primary Health Care died in Nigeria with Prof. Olikoye Kuti

While we remember Dr. Ameyor Adadevor, we must not forget Nurse Justina Obi Ejelonu who also had contact with Mr. Sawyer and died.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by AlphaT1(m): 4:42am On Nov 27, 2019
Motunemotun:

Always contact your doctor first, but once a prescription is handed to you, head straight to the pharmacist....It is important to always ensure your prescriptions or medications are vetted by a pharmacist...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by GeneralPula: 4:54am On Nov 27, 2019
wiseone28:
I never visit doctor since i hardly get sick grin

Lol same here bro!

I never been to hospital or clinic before!
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Judybash93(m): 5:01am On Nov 27, 2019
badboy92:
They killed my father few months ago, we rushed him to the hospital they said no deposit no treatment, at around 1am in the morning with no atm card.

And yes, it's a private hospital.

Nigeria has failed a lot of people, don't blame people wanting to run away, nothing works in this country

RIP dad

I'm so sorry for your loss. May God fill the vacuum he left behind. Take heart

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by favour32(m): 5:02am On Nov 27, 2019
Nigeria doctors dey learn "mean" when u compare to Nigeria nurses.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by madjune(m): 5:12am On Nov 27, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Can you imagine. Then they will be shouting about salary increase. Increase to kill people

All they care about is money.
They don't care much about details and going the extra mile to understand the problem.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by femi4: 5:12am On Nov 27, 2019
Motunemotun:

Momentum ....its still good to consult doc instance of pharmacist
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by femi4: 5:20am On Nov 27, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Olodo
Na antiretroviral dem for give u before?
Ibuprofen is a very strong pain killer. Not to be administered unless in a severe cases
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 5:24am On Nov 27, 2019
I no de enter any hospital for medicine, I no de fall sik
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by YorubaPrince: 5:28am On Nov 27, 2019
Oooops:

Damn you are fine sha...
How are you?

Blind fool spotted! angry
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by drkay(m): 5:29am On Nov 27, 2019
What a thread grin grin.
Anyway, for ethical reason, doctors would prefer to be silent on some issues related to their practice, especially on a public forum like this.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by trilobite: 5:32am On Nov 27, 2019
Happened to a very good friend of mine:

One girl slept didn't wake up and was rushed to the hospital. The doctors ran tests, and did all they could (in their illiterate mind) before confirming her dead.

The mum however refused the hospital moving her daughter to the mortuary, insisting she was alive. Now when someone dies a final injection is given to the corpse before the body is moved. The mum fought tooth and nail against it's administration.

The family ordered one of their doctor sons in the USA to come back and run a final check on his sister. He took an immediate flight and arrived a few days later. Now note throughout all this the girl's body was covered on the hospital bed like a dead corpse.

Dude came in, didn't even need any fancy equipment, just checked her body and confirmed.....SHE WAS ALIVE!!!! He ordered specific tests, gave her some injections after which she regained conciousness.

The incident still scares me to this day. If not the family had him, the hospital would have killed their daughter. How many people who are in a worst financial situation have suffered a worst fate?

God help us.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Jamesilvar(m): 5:37am On Nov 27, 2019
trilobite:
Happened to a very good friend of mine:

One girl slept didn't wake up and was rushed to the hospital. The doctors ran tests, and did all they could (in their illiterate mind) before confirming her dead.

The mum however refused the hospital moving her daughter to the mortuary, insisting she was alive. Now when someone dies a final injection is given to the corpse before the body is moved. The mum fought tooth and nail against it's administration.

The family ordered one of their doctor sons in the USA to come back and run a final check on his sister. He took an immediate flight and arrived a few days later. Now note throughout all this the girl's body was covered on the hospital bed like a dead corpse.

Dude came in, didn't even need any fancy equipment, just checked her body and confirmed.....SHE WAS ALIVE!!!! He ordered specific tests, gave her some injections after which she regained conciousness.

The incident still scares me to this day. If not the family had him, the hospital would have killed their daughter. How many people who are in a worst financial situation have suffered a worst fate?

God help us.

Should we scream Hallelujah or sing kumbaya?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

6 Healthy Ways To Gain Weight Really Fast / Multi-million Dollar Cardiology Facility Unveiled In Anambra State (photos) / 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.