Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven (43622 Views)

Beautiful Female Engineer Turned Painter / Musah Mufeedah, Kogi Lady Painter Who Sponsors Her Education With Her Skills / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by naijadrivablog: 7:29am On Nov 25, 2019
A Lagos-based JD Auto Workshop car painter was found dead while sleeping in a car packed in a car paint oven . He was reported to have turned on the car, and switched on air-conditioning before dozing off.

According to reports, the deceased, named Oguntunbo, and his co-workers were forced to sleepover at the workshop due to the gridlock on the Lekki-Epe Expressway.

The victim was reported to have allegedly sneaked out from an office, where he was initially sleeping with his coworkers, into a vehicle parked in the oven.

Before he slept in the car, Oguntunbo was said to have switched on the car ignition and the air conditioner so as to have a comfortable sleep.

The next day, his lifeless body was found in the car parked inside the exhaust-filled oven. Several attempts to revive him proved abortive.
One of his coworkers named Adesina, narrated what happened before the sad incident.

Qe were supposed to go home on Saturday, but because there was gridlock, we decided to sleepover in the workshop with the intention of leaving early the next day when hopefully there would be less congestion on the road. But when I woke up around 4.30 a.m, I woke Peter up, but Oguntunbo was nowhere to be found.

The gate was bolted from inside and he should, therefore, be on the premises. So, we started searching for him in the workshop and also checked all the vehicles that were parked on our premises, but we could not find him. But when I sent someone to check the oven, he returned to inform me that the engine of the car parked in the oven was still running.

I quickly went to the oven and saw that the smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe of the car had filled the whole oven and escaped immediately the doors were opened. The oven was very hot and when I got in, I saw Oguntunbo lying on the car seat. I started reprimanding him for what he had done but he never responded. I never knew he had died. So, I informed my boss and we both went to the police station to report.

Oguntunbo’s boss, Daye Oruwari, while commiserating with the bereaved family, said the deceased started working at the workshop three months before the incident. He added that the company supported the family with the burial arrangements.
He stated,
After his colleagues tried waking him up and he didn’t respond, I was informed and we went to report at the Ogombo Police Station, where the Divisional Police Officer led a team to inspect the scene of the incident. We also contacted his family and his corpse was later deposited in the mortuary.”

According to the state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, no mark of violence was found on the corpse. He added that Oguntunbo’s remains were deposited in the mortuary for an autopsy.

These are some of the reasons why it’s a bad idea to sleep in a car, especially in a badly ventilated place where exhaust fumes can enter the car and kill the car occupant. One can die of suffocation as a weak AC will not be able to completely refresh the air inside the car.

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/11/25/lagos-car-painter-dies-while-sleeping-inside-car-parked-in-an-oven/

lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44, dominique, Mukina2, marpol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by tonye33(m): 7:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Death by baking

May the soul of the lost rest in perfect peace

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by CarGuideNG: 7:36am On Nov 25, 2019
Possible Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

134 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by daddytime(m): 7:47am On Nov 25, 2019
The guy poison himself to death...

Ignorance at work..

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by kevoh(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2019
tonye33:
Death by baking

May the soul of the lost rest in perfect peace
Actually, he died due to suffocation(Carbon monoxide poisoning). The smoke from the exhaust never left the oven room into the atmosphere.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by decatalyst(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2019
daddytime:

Ignorance at work..

Exactly!

And he never had the happiness/satisfaction of the customer at heart. Because why would someone goan switch on AC of a customer's car on because you wan sleep...enjoy another person sweat. For this Buhari economy? undecided

So sorry for his family tho

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by mejai(m): 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2019
Itibolibo grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by madapcmod: 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Died ignorantly

These mechanics are fond of using customer's vehicle with reckless abandon. Imagine your car left on from night till morning in this Buhari regime. Full tank don finish na

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by dicksonadams(m): 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
Sad

2 Likes

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by femtex007(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2019
That is what ignorance can cause.. So sorry for him. May his soul find peace.

2 Likes

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2019
The victim was reported to have allegedly sneaked out from an office, where he was initially sleeping with his coworkers, into a vehicle parked in the oven.
When your time on earth is up, nothing and no one can STOP it!

1000 ways to die!!

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Mycartoonpic(m): 7:20am On Nov 26, 2019
Argh!
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:21am On Nov 26, 2019
Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by jaxxy(m): 7:21am On Nov 26, 2019
Huge lesson here. Many people don’t know/realize they can only put on their cars in outdoor environments not in enclosures cos of the exhaust fumes which is exactly like generator fumes.

I say this for people who have private indoor or unventilated garages.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Bobrisky1: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2019
post=84370222:
sad

kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by realestniggah: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2019
He died because he wanted to use the AC of the car.
Quite an unfortunate incident

6 Likes

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by oz4real83(m): 7:22am On Nov 26, 2019
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2019
I can bet he didn't feel a thing.

What a precious way to tap out.
Lucky fellow

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by legalwealth(m): 7:22am On Nov 26, 2019
Ha

RIP
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Bobrisky1: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2019
daddytime:

Ignorance at work..
you're right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Nickshrapnel: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2019
If the AC is on then the windows should be wound up, then how exactly did CO got into the car? Maybe the heat from the oven killed him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Ramos16(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2019
CarGuideNG:
Possible Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Yeah, not obvious at all
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by smartoliver(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2019
Too bad cry
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Bobrisky1: 7:24am On Nov 26, 2019
how can a professional auto man don't know that he can die slowly with exhaust fumes

so sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by adesegun121(m): 7:24am On Nov 26, 2019
Ok
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Bobrisky1: 7:24am On Nov 26, 2019
iAudio:
you don come back? Hehehe
hahahahahaha
na my bae ooo
Re: Car Painter, Oguntunbo Dies While Sleeping Inside A Car Parked In An Oven by Bobrisky1: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2019
[s]
post=84370222:

When your time on earth is up, nothing and no one can STOP it!

1000 ways to die!!
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chat Between A Mom Whose Child Is On Life Support And Her Boss / Photo Of A Disabled Man Plastering A Wall That Shows Nobody Should Beg For Food / Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.