Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man (29984 Views)

Nigerian Man Defrauds Several US Banks After Presenting Himself As Yoruba Deity / White Canadian Man Defrauds 515 Nigerians, Others Of $29 Million (pics) / Two Missing After Visiting Online Girlfriend In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by mattjunior(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Police arrest man, others for allegedly defrauding online girl friend

Operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Imo State Police Command have arrested alleged fake United States (US) based Nigerian, Emmanuel Obioma, 43, for obtaining money by false pretence from his online girlfriend, Ugo Emake.

Two others were also arrested for allegedly belonging to the syndicate.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, Godson Ikeokwu, confirmed this Sunday, disclosing that the suspect allegedly worked with a syndicate, using social media to defraud their victims.

According to Ikeokwu, a Superintendent of Police (SP), the prime suspect got his victim, Ugo Emake, in an online platform, fielding her with false information that he was residing in the US.
Others apprehended by the operatives in connection with the crime are Iheanacho Amanda Francisca, 22; and Agbo Samuel, 42.

Ikeokwu, explained that Obioma, who had been living in Imo State, had installed a special gadget on his phone, which indicated foreign number each time he called Ugo, for discussions, adding that on one occasion, Obioma told her online girlfriend that he was traveling to Nigeria, but sadly, was involved in a ghastly auto crash that led to the death of two passengers and himself critically ill with injuries in a hospital, requiring N821, 000 for treatment.

Ugo, the PPRO, said sent the said amount to Obioma, on two installments, not knowing that it was all fraud.

Ikeokwu added: “on another day, the prime suspect, told her online girlfriend that he was traveling to Owerri by road, but was abducted along Kogi road, while the abductors demanded N1million ransom.

“The last incident broke the camel’s back, leading to her suspicion that everything was scam. She then came to Nigeria and reported to the police about her experience, which led to the arrest of the suspects”.

Recovered from them, are Laptop, Eight sim cards, black colour Lexus 330 and mobile phone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/police-arrest-man-others-for-allegedly-defrauding-online-girl-friend/amp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Crofton: 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
cheesy

Corruption and trickery seems to be a major attribute of an average Nigerian .

In the words of Chinua Achebe, "Nigerians are what they are because our leaders are not what they should be. "

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
Nigerians and scams are like.... (input Zuma pic here)

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by SultanOfAbia: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
IPOB AMAKA...

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by ProtectMyMoney: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Use protectmymoney to protect your money from fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Emily22(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Just imagine I have US BASED online girlfriend, lots of benefits from her but instead diz zulu-gambari chose to scam her.....

A woman called me the other day and she said can I teach her son yahoo.....can u imagine someone u respect a lot calling you to talk that kind of thrash....

I told her am not into yahoo, my crave for fashion portrays me as a yahoo boy but I no even Sabi anything for yahoo....

On Saturday, I saw d woman's son with one yahoo guy at the end of my street, I guess that's the teacher grin grin grin

Abeg train your children well o cuz diz coming generation will surely go haywire.

Guy......yahoo
Girls..... expensive and cheap oloshos

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Slawormir: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Damnnñnnnn!

My niggar from another mother is running local
Picking money directly

Now his ass is busted

13 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Muyiwaipere(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
I don't know why people waste opportunities for small enjoyment

Meanwhile anyone here with any menial job?... I am a professional mason(bricklayer),electrical engineer and solar engineer.
Need any of this service Biko beep me on whatsapp 0 7 0 8 9 9 6 2 4 7 0.
Man needs something to support family now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Every body na thief na who dem catch be criminal

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by GistWorld(f): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
shocked

Read More>>>>HERE
Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Patrioticman007(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
What !!!. Na dem, Again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by hagjay(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Nigerians always wanting to reap where they did not sow

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by TwoBottles: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
sad

Their hearts are darker than their faces.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Revolva(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mugu fall guyman waxk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by SincereBigot: 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
Dem no pay bribe grin
Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Oduduwa707: 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Obioma, Iheanacho, Agbogrin grin grin

Hmmm....

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Mummyfour(f): 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Wetin osinbajo no go see for mararaba market?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by cassidy1996(m): 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
igbo

4 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by sotall(m): 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hmm

The average Nigerian is a thief

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by danot1030: 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
If by tomorrow these "Igbo business men and women" invest the proceed of this crime in railway business now and they are now busted for the crime their kinsmen will be screaming Igbo persecutions and discriminations, then they will be asking for lefulendom or biafra. It's then you hear they hate Igbos because they are hard working.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Lynx001: 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by daddytime(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
See the ole babe bwest like she goat wey don retire from borning.

Na we English be dis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by Bobrisky1: 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
[s]
Oduduwa707:
Obioma, Iheanacho, Agbo… grin grin grin

Hmmm....
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds US-Based Online Girlfriend With The Help Of A Lady And Another Man by homirefacuny(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mummyfour:
Wetin osinbajo no go see for mararaba market?

You are from Ilorin I guess

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / Gateman Nearly Stabbed His Boss To Death In Awka, Gets Beaten (photos) / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill Catechist, 2 Others In Nasarawa (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.