Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

She Lost Her Husband, Then Her Son, Daughter And Mother. What's Left For Chris H - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Lost Her Husband, Then Her Son, Daughter And Mother. What's Left For Chris H (355 Views)

Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him / Mother Snatches Her Daughter's Husband, Then Gives Birth For Him In London / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

She Lost Her Husband, Then Her Son, Daughter And Mother. What's Left For Chris H by stellapatu: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2019
YORK, Pa. – Christine Hanes doesn't languish in what once was.

She doesn't compare her life now to the one she had with a full house with her husband and three kids because that would magnify the ache in her heart.

Instead, she lives for today, for her family, her church, her job and the new home she found after her husband and son died in the same year.

She has been on what she calls a "journey" for the last four years. While it's been anchored by tremendous grief, including the loss of one of her daughters and her mother, her journey has also seen days of great joy and personal satisfaction, all of it resting on a foundation of faith.

She doesn't tell her story often because she doesn't want people to feel sorry for her.

"I don't want to be known as the woman who lost her husband and her son and her daughter," Chris said. "I want to be an inspiration."

Ryland Harpster's blond hair falls around his tiny face as he watches a movie in his grandmother's living room. He plays with his toys and occasionally walks to his "Mimi," just a few feet away to ask for something to eat or to fix a toy.

"He melts my heart," said Chris of her youngest grandchild, the only child of her daughter Alysia, who died in April.

Chris' home is a comfortable three-bedroom house . Photographs of her family cover the walls along with quotes about family and faith.

She had spent years living as a caregiver in a house retrofitted to accommodate her paralyzed son and her husband, who had Lou Gehrig's disease. When they died, she wanted to get out of that house – too big, too much for her.

This house reflects the new life she has built in the wake of her losses.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/she-lost-her-husband-then-her-son-daughter-and-mother-what-s-left-for-chris-hanes-her-faith

(1) (Reply)

15 Things You Must Do If Your Partner Is A Cheat In Nigeria / Adopt A Lonely Granny During Covid-19 Period / Advise To Couples Expecting Their Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.