Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? (22890 Views)

Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) / My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University / JAMB: She Choose The Wrong School, Can Sehhe Re-edit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
Younghacka:
My Younger Sister Applied For Nursing At A University, Unfortunately Her Score Was Not Up To The Cut-Off.

We Went To The Admission Office Of The School Today Due To A Message She Received And They Offered To Change It To Either:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics
Agric Faculty (Crop Prod./Soil Science, Fishery, Animal Science)
We Are A Little Confused As To Which Has A Better Career Prospective. Advice Needed Urgently As We Want To Do A Change Of Course Tommorrow.

Thanks.

Sincerely within our narrow economy, none.however if your sister buckles down and gets a 2.1, she can get an entry level job in a big four firm. And that will change her life

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Topmaike007(m): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
Chemistry or mathematics should do
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
Younghacka:
My Younger Sister Applied For Nursing At A University, Unfortunately Her Score Was Not Up To The Cut-Off.

We Went To The Admission Office Of The School Today Due To A Message She Received And They Offered To Change It To Either:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics
We Are A Little Confused As To Which Has A Better Career Prospective. Advice Needed Urgently As We Want To Do A Change Of Course Tommorrow.

Thanks.

None, write Jamb again and chose something better and don't have that mentality that no matter what you study you can work anywhere in Nigeria, think into the future and it's not always about working somewhere.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Roverone: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by ojuu4u(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
They can't offer her physics, since she didn't do maths in utme
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Obiaksnews: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2019
If her dream is to become a nurse then let her take jamb again, Personally nursing is a very lucrative field of study especially overseas. Nurses are highly sort after in the UK and in Canada. But to be on the safe side, let her pick any of the above courses and try writing jamb again when she is going to 200L. That way, she doesn't stay at home wasting one year while waiting to take jamb again for a course she is not very sure of getting admitted into.

Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Bshowguy(m): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
all are good courses. she just need to study hard, let her choose anyone.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Arelyn: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
None
I won't advice you to rush her into school to study any of those courses because when she graduates in a few years time, she will patiently wait to get a befitting job

My advice is to put her in a standard tutorial centre, prepare for next year admission to study Nursing or better still go for A'levels route( much more expensive and needs a higher level of intelligence but viable in any country of the world) OR she attends any of the school of nursing( either private or public), study for 3years, practice for a year or two( while also doing his post-basic), fight the IELTS battle( hopefully one or two attempts) and leave Nigeria for good

She will liberate herself and if she is kind enough, liberate your family

***Don't forget, only HARDWORK will ensure this
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Abbeyme: 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2019
BEST ADVICE:

Let her re-apply for JAMB. Study well. Go for Nursing.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Tapout(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Younghacka:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics
We Are A Little Confused As To Which Has A Better Career Prospects. Advice Needed Urgently As We Want To Do A Change Of Course Tomorrow.

Thanks.

let her go for chemistry, and register for jamb again. besides most schools accept change of course after your first year provided your GP is really good(find that out)...... wish her all the best.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by thereyouy: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
Will Igbo presidency end agitation for secession?
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Eyanbook: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
BrinaLanbros:

Pls let her take Mathematics if she can cope. She will GET A QUALIFIED AND CERTIFIED HOME TUTOR IF YOU STAY IN LAGOS FOR YOUR WARD/CHILD
?? smiley winkwww.nairaland.com/attachments/10630965_jato_jpeg68dd528f7bb459007fc4576b499039a4
never regret it. Na hot cake she go be for future.
Mathematics
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by simplex2: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
Please whatever you and your sister does, do not, do not, DO NOT take Physics even if it's on scholarship!

I don't have energy to explain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by ktjustice84(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
Younghacka:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics

Thanks.
You need to consider the trend of employment in the country lately. Since the country is really investing in the agricultural sector lately, then she can go for any of the agricultural courses preferably crop prod./soil science.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by frankmoney(m): 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
fados4sure:

I put it to you that you're a liar

Only you knows a lot of Chemistry graduate? I repeat that you're a liar

Of all the course listed by the op, the most lucrative course there is Chemistry & Applied Chemistry reason because they have career prospect in majorly all field like, Teaching, Hospital, Pharmacy, Chemical Industries, Petroleum Industries, Food Processing Industries, Water Treatment Plants and the list is endless.

I'm speaking as a Chemistry Graduate as well
career prospect doesn't translate to jobs . Infact she has a good chance getting a job as an agric graduate than a chemistry one
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Forward77(m): 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
Tell het to study the one with first name, middle name and last name
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by dunmsy2k: 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
She should follow her passion. She should not back down if Nursing is her dream course. Meanwhile, Chemistry and Animal sciences are good courses. Animal science is better for self-reliance.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
Arelyn:
None
I won't advice you to rush her into school to study any of those courses because when she graduates in a few years time, she will patiently wait to get a befitting job

My advice is to put her in a standard tutorial centre, prepare for next year admission to study Nursing or better still go for A'levels route( much more expensive and needs a higher level of intelligence but viable in any country of the world) OR she attends any of the school of nursing( either private or public), study for 3years, practice for a year or two( while also doing his post-basic), fight the IELTS battle( hopefully one or two attempts) and leave Nigeria for good

She will liberate herself and if she is kind enough, liberate your family

***Don't forget, only HARDWORK will ensure this

The way guardians think they can plan their wards' progress after primary school is amusing. Someone who would be admitted, might get carried away with parties and friends or later find other things fascinating in life. If you can't get it right at the moment, chances are you wouldn't get it right in future as well.

In the meantime, OP should enrol the girl for one of those courses while she tries her hand on next year's JAMB.

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by palmshots: 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
Pure and applied chemistry...The prospect is high
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Gabbycn: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
Let her study physics if she has the brain.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by capitalzero: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Younghacka:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics

Thanks.

school of nursing. just three 3 years. After three years,she will start making money to further her education. i say no to those courses above.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by clive2u(m): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
let her pick anyone, las las na bank she go come work. no look course again for naija
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by CrownPrincehawk(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
If She is indeed ready to study Nursing tell her to go and dust her Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry and Physcis textbooks and read hard for next year jamb and post UTME.
Better still, she can study Nursing @school of nursing or Medical lab,Pharmacy tech,@health tech. Thank me later if u adhere to any above.

Studying those courses you mentioned earlier is waste of time. Thanks

Note: Chances of securing a job as a medical officer in Nigeria is high. Where there is poverty, disease dwell.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by STENON(f): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
Younghacka:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics

Thanks.
Science Education. Preferably Physics or Mathematics Education.

Teacher earns more than Doctor or nurses in some part of the world right now undecided

Thank me in 10 years to come.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Oduok(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
Let her go for Chemistry. With the drive in agriculture now in the country, a lot of processing firms will spring up in the future and a Chemist/Applied Chemist will be invaluable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by ufotty2001: 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
Ofemmanu1:
It depends on your sis, nothing like a career prospect courses.

There are many PhD, msc, bsc, hnd, ond graduates without a job, it's not because they ain't qualified, it's because they have failed to discover their inherited gifts.

Gift is more than education.

-Bishop Myles Munroe.
You have said it all.. Nigeria educational system is total scam
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
Be contended in anything you find yourself
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by dunmsy2k: 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2019
@Tobs01 Go get a job. You can work and learn with distance learning. You are already in 200level, don't waste your previous efforts and money. You may now later study your choice of course but by then you already have a degree in your pocket. You need to help yourself.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by OvaSabi1(f): 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
What was her jamb score and what university please share this information. Thank you.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by YakubuA: 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Younghacka:

Pure/Applied Chemistry
Mathematics
Science Education
Physics

Thanks.

@OP: Go for Physics it has more opportunities than any of the listed. As a physicist you can do or become anything you desire, there is no limit.

I am a Physicist. I started as an IT manager as a system engineer then I moved into telecommunications and now I am into Energy and solid minerals (Oil&Gas, Coal, Zinc etc). I am even considering to be professional accountant.
Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by sujexy(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
She should pick Animal Science...
Then try out Jamb NXT year and see how it goes...

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? by bigpicture001: 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
adelnehis:
Afe Babalola University is still offering admission to study any course as long as you have at least 180 in JAMB
Take her there

Sh is not yoruba..nd wont get it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakubu Nura: UNIMAID Press Release On Winning 'World Physics Champion' / Turkish Government Detains 50 Nigerian Students In Istanbul Over Failed Coup / "Obtaining" Is Now A Culture In Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.