Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List (4869 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
I've searched for Japan thread but unfortunately there is none.
While people are so fucussed on migrating to Europe, Australia and North America, my dream country has always been Japan. I do not actually know much about the country but I feel it's a place where one can settle easily. I also learnt that their salary is competitive.
In summary, I'm planning to migrate to Japan from April next year.
If you have reports (negative or positive) about the country, please share here let me know if I'm making a mistake or not.

I want to know about availability of jobs, ease of getting visa, possibility of converting tourist visa to work permit and general living condition.
Please share your meaningful experience

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by Digitalstarlite: 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2019
Try Ecuador or Australia...because it easy and find English teaching jobs cos it lucrative to get...

Best of luck
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
Digitalstarlite:
Try Ecuador or Australia...because it easy and find English teaching jobs cos it lucrative to get...

Best of luck

I thought Ecuador is a poor country. Let me make some researches. Thanks bro
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by Franzee(m): 12:11am On Nov 27, 2019
Digitalstarlite:

Best of luck

Ecuadornajh better poor country oo
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by Pesbest: 2:29am On Nov 27, 2019
Carry on with your plan OP.

Japan fits all your conditions except the visa conversion part.

I don't think you can get. Work permit in Japan with tourist visa.

I strongly advice you plan the study route.

Cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by owelle123: 5:59am On Nov 27, 2019
No Asian countries will allow you work or convert their visitors visa to work visa. If you can speak good American accent or good English, i will advise you to look towards coming to Vietnam to teach English language as a teacher. Minimum salary payment is $800 after tax with free accommodation. Feeding is very cheap and the Vietnamese are hospitable. You can make more research on your own.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by Digitalstarlite: 6:31am On Nov 27, 2019
Incentives in d country is much for foreigners ,minimum is better and also wen u retire than Naija wet no fit boast of 24 hr light. One tin is DAT visa on arrival for Ecuador. Try Canada, New Zealand and Ora Europeans countries
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by blackbriar: 6:52am On Nov 27, 2019
the best way to migrate to japan and get a job is either by education route(postgraduate) and language school.

There are jobs plenty enough to go round but language barrier is your main problem.
English teaching jobs are there but mostly favoured off to americans and europeans plus the salary isnt so bad but on the long run ....well you get the idea.
If you are into IT, with a little study of japanese in a language school, jobs are available , as you need little japanese to work in that industry.

my advise , try postgraduate school route, 2 years masers program at a national university where you can learn japanese for free while studying for your masters degree.

the language school option is also there but the cost of the language school(1 year) is same as masters degree.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by Gerrard59(m): 6:53am On Nov 27, 2019
owelle123 post=84399735:
No Asian countries will allow you work or convert their visitors visa to work visa
. If you can speak good American accent or good English, i will advise you to look towards coming to Vietnam to teach English language as a teacher. Minimum salary payment is $800 after tax with free accommodation. Feeding is very cheap and the Vietnamese are hospitable. You can make more research on your own.

Westerners do this a lot in Japan because of the favourable visa policies their countries have with Japan. Recently, a Chilean wanted to know how to get a job in Japan without being in the country and he was given suggestions one of which included that allows Chilean to visit Japan for about a month or so and he should aim get a job afterwards. Search for Ganjipot on Facebook.

Regarding teaching English, it's important to state that Nigeria isn't seen as a native English speaking country. The closest African country that can be accepted by schools as such is South Africa. Does he possess a degree certifying him as someone qualified to teach English language as a foreigner? Again, that's one job most westerners get after entering Japan through a visit instead of work. So you have serious competition and you're not a black American sef. Like someone said, the best way to get to Japan as a Nigerian is through the study route - postgraduate or Japanese language school.

@Topic: I don't believe you searched for a thread on Japan and if you did, you didn't search very well.

https://www.nairaland.com/2655545/japanese-visa-travelling-japan

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by blackbriar: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2019
Eikawas as they are known are companies that handle english teaching jobs in Japan.

You are recruited (1 year visa) mostly and renewable based on performance and job availability, and sent off either to a school (high school) or company to teach students or company staff english language.

There is the JET programme by which japanese govt get volunteers from all over the world to come to japan to teach english in japanese school sadly only south africa is the only african country on that list but jamaicans are on the list.

Average salary ranges form 140,000yen to 200,000 yen but its at most a 2 years contract.You have to look for a job all over again; which is do-able
You cannot change tourist visa to work visa, but if you do get a job while on the tourist visa , you go home and apply for the work visa from home.Whereas you can change student visa to work visa.

Japan is a very self reserved country. its a beautiful country but self reserved.
and you can not overstay your visa in japan, you willbe detained indefinitely if you do.

4 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by blackbriar: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2019
Gerrard59:

Westerners do this a lot in Japan because of the favourable visa policies their countries have with Japan. Recently, a Chilean wanted to know how to get a job in Japan without being in the country and he was given suggestions one of which included that allows Chilean to visit Japan for about a month or so and he should aim get a job afterwards. Search for Ganjipot on Facebook.

Regarding teaching English, it's important to state that Nigeria isn't seen as a native English speaking country. The closest African country that can be accepted by schools as such is South Africa. Does he possess a degree certifying him as someone qualified to teach English language as a foreigner? Again, that's one job most westerners get after entering Japan through a visit instead of work. So you have serious competition and you're not a black American sef. Like someone said, the best way to get to Japan as a Nigerian is through the study route - postgraduate or Japanese language school.

@Topic: I don't believe you searched for a thread on Japan and if you did, you didn't search very well.

https://www.nairaland.com/2655545/japanese-visa-travelling-japan

its funny how jamaicans are seen as native english speakers.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 8:27am On Nov 27, 2019
blackbriar:
the best way to migrate to japan and get a job is either by education route(postgraduate) and language school.

There are jobs plenty enough to go round but language barrier is your main problem.
English teaching jobs are there but mostly favoured off to americans and europeans plus the salary isnt so bad but on the long run ....well you get the idea.
If you are into IT, with a little study of japanese in a language school, jobs are available , as you need little japanese to work in that industry.

my advise , try postgraduate school route, 2 years masers program at a national university where you can learn japanese for free while studying for your masters degree.

the language school option is also there but the cost of the language school(1 year) is same as masters degree.

Thanks bro.....but to be sincere, I don't have the financial capacity to enroll for PGD or M.SC. I've checked their tuition fee, it's quite exorbitant. What I have at the moment can only take care of Visa, flight and BTA. I was thinking of taking a short course, but I don't know if I can get a cheap one
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Digitalstarlite:
Incentives in d country is much for foreigners ,minimum is better and also wen u retire than Naija wet no fit boast of 24 hr light. One tin is DAT visa on arrival for Ecuador. Try Canada, New Zealand and Ora Europeans countries
First of all, Ecuador is not visa on arrival. You need visa as a Nigerian.
Secondly, it's among the poorest countries in the world. I won't take that risk.
Talking about Europe and other countries, I just needed a place I can settle down easily and not encounter much difficulty securing a job.
I think the study route wins it

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2019
blackbriar:
Eikawas as they are known are companies that handle english teaching jobs in Japan.

You are recruited (1 year visa) mostly and renewable based on performance and job availability, and sent off either to a school (high school) or company to teach students or company staff english language.

There is the JET programme by which japanese govt get volunteers from all over the world to come to japan to teach english in japanese school sadly only south africa is the only african country on that list but jamaicans are on the list.

Average salary ranges form 140,000yen to 200,000 yen but its at most a 2 years contract.You have to look for a job all over again; which is do-able
You cannot change tourist visa to work visa, but if you do get a job while on the tourist visa , you go home and apply for the work visa from home.Whereas you can change student visa to work visa.

Japan is a very self reserved country. its a beautiful country but self reserved.
and you can not overstay your visa in japan, you willbe detained indefinitely if you do.

Thanks bro. Obviously study route is the better option
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2019
blackbriar:

Please do you know any school offering PGD, low budget?

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 8:41am On Nov 27, 2019
owelle123:
No Asian countries will allow you work or convert their visitors visa to work visa. If you can speak good American accent or good English, i will advise you to look towards coming to Vietnam to teach English language as a teacher. Minimum salary payment is $800 after tax with free accommodation. Feeding is very cheap and the Vietnamese are hospitable. You can make more research on your own.
Bro are you in Vietnam? Again, is it possible to get English teaching job as a Nigerian? Pls give me detailed explanation
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by owelle123: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2019
jpride:

Bro are you in Vietnam? Again, is it possible to get English teaching job as a Nigerian? Pls give me detailed explanation

If your answer to the obvious questions i asked is yes, send me a pm. Two things are involved in Vietnam. Either you are coming for an English teaching job or you are coming to be shipping things to Nigeria as a business man. Yahoo bussines and hard drugs dealing is a red alert here. Check yourself very well and know were you fall before sending me a PM.
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by MCdrinkwater1(m): 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
[quote

If your answer to the obvious questions i asked is yes, send me a pm. Two things are involved in Vietnam. Either you are coming for an English teaching job or you are coming to be shipping things to Nigeria as a business man. Yahoo bussines and hard drugs dealing is a red alert here. Check yourself very well and know were you fall before sending me a PM. [/quote]

Please I don't know how to send the Dm am new on this platform, I'm in Dubai I will like to migrate there to vetinam,,, can you email on Sopuruchicasmir@yahoo.com ,,for more details pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2019
owelle123:

If your answer to the obvious questions i asked is yes, send me a pm. Two things are involved in Vietnam. Either you are coming for an English teaching job or you are coming to be shipping things to Nigeria as a business man. Yahoo bussines and hard drugs dealing is a red alert here. Check yourself very well and know were you fall before sending me a PM.
Pls can u drop your email or phone number let me discuss with you? Or u can email me on jerryokpeh@gmail.com. Thanks bro
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by Suspectzero(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
jpride:
I've searched for Japan thread but unfortunately there is none.
While people are so fucussed on migrating to Europe, Australia and North America, my dream country has always been Japan. I do not actually know much about the country but I feel it's a place where one can settle easily. I also learnt that their salary is competitive.
In summary, I'm planning to migrate to Japan from April next year.
If you have reports (negative or positive) about the country, please share here let me know if I'm making a mistake or not.

I want to know about availability of jobs, ease of getting visa, possibility of converting tourist visa to work permit and general living condition.
Please share your meaningful experience

Lol if you knew anything about Japan you won't write any of the above that you just wrote. They are racist against blacks (talkless of Black African). They are xenophobic, any outsider will always been seen as an outsider no matter how long you stay there or how well you speak their language. You'll never get their Citizenship. There aren't many other Black people there so you'll feel alone most of the time. Their culture is stilted and stifling. They don't know how to let loose and have fun. There's no going there to "hustle". In fact you'll go there to waste time, effort and resources only to be sent packing in 5 to 10 years time with no papers to show for it. If that's the kind of immigration you are into then go for it.
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by okeybarca: 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
Pls nairaland. I am also interested in going to Japan for hustling. Like factory works or loading of containers. Pls if you base in japsn. Kindly email me @ okeybarca@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by jpride(m): 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2019
owelle123:

I've done that. Pls check ur mailbox
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by Ogborokiri(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
owelle123:

brother I have sent you a pm please do well to reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by MCdrinkwater1(m): 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
owelle123:
What of a none graduate
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by MCdrinkwater1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
owelle123:
Pls boss I'm interested in Vietnam I don't know how to pm this is my email Pls sopuruchicasmir@yahoo.com
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by menacity(m): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Please what do I need to move to Vietnam and what are the necessary requirements. please are you on twitter ,whatsapp.

owelle123:
Re: Living And Working In Japan - Always In My Wish List by Luckydubby7(m): 11:18am On Aug 07, 2021
Any Nigeria in Japan that can assist me for something.

(1) (Reply)

Schorlarship For 12 Nigerian Students For Studies In The U.s / Is Going To Cyprus Worth Quiting My Job For? / Rio Carnival 2022:The Party Is Still On In Rio, Brazil(photos, Video, 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.