Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving (32190 Views)

What To Do If The Brakes Of Your Car Fails To Drive / 5 Most Important Things To Do When Your Car Brakes Fail / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 29, 2019
Wealthoptulent:

I drive bmw automatic.. i have just D and pulling to left on D is m+/s like manual sport! Where do i have as option as a L or 1. Have survived brake failure when i used camry for two years, firstly i dont announce to fellow occupants in the car because their panics will confuse me. If am ascending hill i use N but if descending i off engine but allow the lights on for power steering effectiveness. Then my hand brake be pulled n released systematically to avoid the somersault of the car.
Put the car in manual and keep downshifting until I get you get to the lowest possible gear. Same thing with cars that have paddle shifters.

1 Like

Re: Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving by Erastuslove: 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2019

For auto-transmission cars at hi-speed, It’s best you downshift to D3-D2-D1/L in quick succession. For manual tranny , nak am to gear 2. Car go halla but it will get the job done.
YEAH I EXPERIMENTED IT AND IT WORKED
Re: Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving by melonsgroup: 7:51am On Jul 27, 2023
Nigerfine3:
When I got to abroad newly I do wonder why they do not have this thing called break failure. Till date after over a decade I have not heard or seen one. Nigerians drive with rotten,spoilt, and what description of break and keep killing themselves and others just to tag it spiritual or break fail. Break the refused to take care of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know / This N25m BRABUS Is The Ultimate Smart Fortwo Car – (photos) / Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.