Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Giving Birth In Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Uk (1536 Views)

The Nigerian Mans Shame Of Giving Birth In UK, Canada, USA / Cost Of Giving Birth In Brazil From Nigeria / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 28, 2019
Good morning, please i need to make enquiry about UK. For example Mr A is a citizen of UK, he married Mrs B in Nigeria legally and took her to London.

Mr A came to Nigeria and impregnate another lady Miss C without his wife knowing.

Is it possible for Mr A to do UK passport for the child Miss C birth for him in Nigeria?

What can be the faith of Miss C and her child?

Please i need an urgent answer
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 28, 2019
Nobody�
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nickisindigo(m): 1:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
Register the baby's birth at the UK embassy
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Broadenyourhori: 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ijayababe:
Good morning, please i need to make enquiry about UK. For example Mr A is a citizen of UK, he married Mrs B in Nigeria legally and took her to London.

Mr A came to Nigeria and impregnate another lady Miss C without his wife knowing.

Is it possible for Mr A to do UK passport for the child Miss C birth for him in Nigeria?

Yes it is possible - As long as he has his name on the child's birth certificate. Now, because he is legally married in the UK, further checks may be carried out to ascertain if he is truly the biological father as claimed.
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Dagelv: 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
This mister A can give UK passport to the child, as child's father is UK citizen. And according to UK laws, every child can be a citizen of the UK if one of parents was/is british citizen. Mister A can take child with him and demand the UK citizenship. But before this Mister A should prove that this child is his with DNA test.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Beautyaddy: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
Dagelv:
This mister A can give UK passport to the child, as child's father is UK citizen. And according to UK laws, every child can be a citizen of the UK if one of parents was/is british citizen. Mister A can take child with him and demand the UK citizenship. But before this Mister A should prove that this child is his with DNA test.

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 3:23am On Nov 30, 2019
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 30, 2019
Nickisindigo:
Register the baby's birth at the UK embassy

I don't get this your explanation
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 30, 2019
Dagelv:

Thanks now i understand but what will be the faith of Miss C and the child? Accepted Mr A can give the child citizenship but does that mean miss C and her child will continue staying in Nigeria or what?
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by nlPoster: 3:29am On Nov 30, 2019
He can impregnate as many ladies as he wants and bring them wherever he's located, theoretically speaking.

He also does not have to impregnate a lady before she could go overseas.
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by sweetmelanin(f): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2019
Are you the Mrs C? ...it's bad enough that this woman got pregnant for another woman's husband... now she wants citizenship for the child.. some people are just ...

But to answer your question.. yes it's possible BUT
the child will not automatically receive British citizenship until you register the child as a "British citizen by descent" through the MN1 form. After registration, the child can now legally enter the country and you can then apply for British passport.

So you better get on good terms with your MARRIED baby's father to make this process smoother for you.. as you will need key information from him to complete the form

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Uk by sweetmelanin(f): 8:07am On Nov 30, 2019
Ijayababe:

Thanks now i understand but what will be the faith of Miss C and the child? Accepted Mr A can give the child citizenship but does that mean miss C and her child will continue staying in Nigeria or what?

Do you have the resources to fund your travel and living expenses when you move to the UK? Will you also be able to get a job over there and sustain yourself and the child? I get the feeling you think this child is a free ticket out of Nigeria.. but the reality is a far cry my dear..

Remember that the baby's father has commitments over there already. If you were his wife now, your case wouldve been straightforward.. but the fact that you're not legally tied to him in anyway and he is not obliged to take care of you, you may just have to continue living in Nigeria despite your kid's 'right' to British citizenship.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Uk by MamaEEE: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ijayababe:

4 d child, yes he can gt d child citizenship after a DNA test... And after necessary documentation bt 4d said mother sorry nothing 4her,nt what u wnt 2hear bt its d truth.and if d child go pass 18years of age his side self iS cancelled
Side talk y il mis c gt pregnant 4 sum1s husband

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Uk by nlPoster: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
sweetmelanin:

Do you have the resources to fund your travel and living expenses when you move to the UK? Will you also be able to get a job over there and sustain yourself and the child? I get the feeling you think this child is a free ticket out of Nigeria.. but the reality is a far cry my dear..

Remember that the baby's father has commitments over there already. If you were his wife now, your case wouldve been straightforward.. but the fact that you're not legally tied to him in anyway and he is not obliged to take care of you, you may just have to continue living in Nigeria despite your kid's 'right' to British citizenship.

What she probably wants is for the man to replace his current marriage. Seems the wife is considered dispensable.
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
sweetmelanin:
Are you the Mrs C? ...it's bad enough that this woman got pregnant for another woman's husband... now she wants citizenship for the child.. some people are just ...

But to answer your question.. yes it's possible BUT
the child will not automatically receive British citizenship until you register the child as a "British citizen by descent" through the MN1 form. After registration, the child can now legally enter the country and you can then apply for British passport.

So you better get on good terms with your MARRIED baby's father to make this process smoother for you.. as you will need key information from him to complete the form

Next time only answer the question asked if u have an answer to it and not judge people wrongly. For your information my friend is Mrs B while Miss C happen to be her husband gf right before she met him. Accepted when they met he told her about the lady and told her its over between them. Not up to a year after marriage the lady got pregnant for him. Are you satisfy now?
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
nlPoster:

What she probably wants is for the man to replace his current marriage. Seems the wife is considered dispensable.

I guess your mind set is to ruin people marriage too, mean why not everybody will be like you. Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by nlPoster: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ijayababe:

I guess my mind set is to ruin people marriage too, mean why not everybody will be like me. Thank you

And here we go again.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Uk by nlPoster: 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ijayababe:

Next time only answer the question asked if u have an answer to it and not judge people wrongly. For your information my friend is Mrs B while Miss C happen to be her husband gf right before he met him. Accepted when they met me he told her about the lady and told her its over between them. Not up to a year after marriage the lady got pregnant for him. Are you satisfy now?

I guessed as much, always some story.

Well, every lady impregnated by your friend could theoretically follow him wherever he's located? No law against it.
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
MamaEEE:

4 d child, yes he can gt d child citizenship after a DNA test... And after necessary documentation bt 4d said mother sorry nothing 4her,nt what u wnt 2hear bt its d truth.and if d child go pass 18years of age his side self iS cancelled
Side talk y il mis c gt pregnant 4 sum1s husband

My point too why get pregnant for another person husband but my hands dropped when the wife told me the lady happen to be her husband girlfriend for years before she herself met him. My friend met the man and got married to him not up to a year after the marriage the long time girlfriend got pregnant for him. Her fear now was, hope the girlfriend won't enter UK because it seems her husband really love the lady.
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by sweetmelanin(f): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ijayababe:

Next time only answer the question asked if u have an answer to it and not judge people wrongly. For your information my friend is Mrs B while Miss C happen to be her husband gf right before she met him. Accepted when they met he told her about the lady and told her its over between them. Not up to a year after marriage the lady got pregnant for him. Are you satisfy now?

Ijayababe, you are a tactless liar... if this is true how do you explain the statement highlighted below?

Ijayababe:

Next time you wanna lie, make sure you utilise your brain and get your story straight... I know you are the so called ' 'Miss C' .. shameless homewrecker! .. you have failed.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Uk by sweetmelanin(f): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ijayababe:

If indeed you claim to be the friend of Mrs B, ... why are you so concerned about the "faith" fate of Miss C?

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Uk by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2019
Those with sense and manner who answered the question thanks, now i can see nothing the wife can do to stop the girlfriend child from getting british passport if her husband decide to do it. Its a pity tho but what will happen will happen. Some men don't have heaven
Re: Giving Birth In Uk by dustydee: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
@ijayababe,
the husband can get the child his citizenship and passport. It will be difficult for the woman except if the guy marries her or finds herself in the UK and then claim "right to family life" on account of the child.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Would Nigerian Atms Work In Benin Republic? / Nigerians In Denmark / HELL!! I Really Need Insights On The B1/B2 Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.