Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone (3385 Views)

How To Detect Hidden Listening Devices, Best Ways To Detect Through Your Phone A / 6 Ways To Detect A Fake Phone / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by Sixta: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
How would you feel when you enter a room where you are supposedly supposed to be safe and then you realise that your privacy is being infringed on? I am sure you won’t feel safe and secured.

One of the reasons why I made the personal search to identify if someone is playing smart on me by hiding cameras in a room is because I have been a victim before. Once beaten, twice shy!!

In this world where we have smart recording devices and pinhole sized drones, there is a need to be vigilant and to always check if your privacy is being trampled upon. Below are ways to avoid being recorded or photographed secretly:

1. The first thing to do when you enter a room and you are being suspicious, is to turn off the lights in the room.

2. If there are curtains in the room, close them.

3. Open your phone camera and do not turn the flash light on. Turn around the room with your cellphone. When a red dot is found on your screen, that means that a hidden web camera is installed.

4 . If no red dots, then the room is okay. Take note some people have the habit of sleeping stark naked
As simple as this is, it can save you from a social media blackmail or a business contract betrayal.

source: https://www.hitng.info/tech/how-to-detect-hidden-cameras-with-your-smartphone/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by respect80(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2019
It's true.
Those hidden cameras have lights which can /may not easily be detected with bare eyes but can easily be detected by your Smartphone camera. Almost the same way we test run a device's remote before we buy.

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by JizzyB(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for this wonderful information
Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by AmosAkins: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
respect80:
It's true.
Those hidden cameras have lights which can /may not easily be detected with bare eyes but can easily be detected by your Smartphone camera. Almost the same way we test run a device's remote before we buy.

They are know as infrared rays wink
It is used by the proximity sensor...
This is the reason you phone screen goes of while you make a call... grin grin
It has other applications tho in other devices

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by dykedarlyn(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for the information
Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by Thebwoy: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2019
AmosAkins:

They are know as infrared rays wink
It is used by the proximity sensor...
This is the reason you phone screen goes of while you make a call... grin grin
It has other applications tho in other devices

What If you're are being recorded with a phone camera ?
Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by enawt: 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
Anything you can detect so easily is not well hidden...

1 Like

Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by AmosAkins: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
Thebwoy:

What If you're are being recorded with a phone camera ?

Oh yeah
Buh the thing about phone is that
The person has to sneak back in to save the recording video if not
The phone go die...
And chances you find out will become very high
Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by ise82(m): 11:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
What of if it’s done in the day?
Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by ise82(m): 11:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
What of if it’s done during the day?
Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by obo389(m): 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
Thank you and we know.
We heard of it before
Re: How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone by AlphaJazz: 10:35am On Jun 23, 2021
Sixta:

How would you feel when you enter a room where you are supposedly supposed to be safe and then you realise that your privacy is being infringed on? I am sure you won’t feel safe and secured.

One of the reasons why I made the personal search to identify if someone is playing smart on me by hiding cameras in a room is because I have been a victim before. Once beaten, twice shy!!

In this world where we have smart recording devices and pinhole sized drones, there is a need to be vigilant and to always check if your privacy is being trampled upon. Below are ways to avoid being recorded or photographed secretly:

1. The first thing to do when you enter a room and you are being suspicious, is to turn off the lights in the room.

2. If there are curtains in the room, close them.

3. Open your phone camera and do not turn the flash light on. Turn around the room with your cellphone. When a red dot is found on your screen, that means that a hidden web camera is installed.

4 . If no red dots, then the room is okay. Take note some people have the habit of sleeping stark naked
As simple as this is, it can save you from a social media blackmail or a business contract betrayal.

source: https://www.hitng.info/tech/how-to-detect-hidden-cameras-with-your-smartphone/
wink

(1) (Reply)

Find People Closeby From Your Mobile - Mnation.co / Buying Of Phones ( Iphones ) On Jiji / For D Record,i Hate Lumia Windows Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.