Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? (22201 Views)

How Are You Shopping This Black Friday / #blackfriday Promo:3 Reasons To Not Miss Out This Black Friday Period / Lagos Declares November 10 Black Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by AmadorSays: 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
It’s that time of the year again when shoppers look out for the best deals and actually get them. That’s right, the 2019 Black Friday sales are here again and as always, some of the biggest malls and e-commerce platforms in Nigeria and elsewhere are busy wooing customers with competitive discount prices.

You have probably seen the many Black Friday adverts which are literally everywhere. Over the last few weeks, it’s been impossible to stream anything on YouTube without being interrupted by either the Konga Yakata advert or the rather amusing “I will scatter this wedding” Jumia Black Friday ad. All of these are in a desperate effort to win over the customers.

So, how are you shopping?
As Konga competes with Jumia just as Spar is competing with Shoprite for customers’ attention, the important question becomes – which of these shopping platforms is offering the best deal? This is important because right about now, Nigerian consumers really do deserve some discount.

On a normal day, the average Nigerian consumer’s disposable income is constrained, no thanks to the difficult economy. The high inflation rate in the country does not help the matter at all because prices of essential goods keep going up almost on a daily. Therefore, now that it is Black Friday, they deserve to be treated well. Therefore, we took some time to look closer at the discounts being offered.

A quick overview
It’s important to note that a quick overview of the websites of these shopping malls show that they have a wide variety of products that are up for grabs. However, the price discounts per product are different.

Also note that Jumia, Konga, Spar, and Shoprite are all offering virtually the same generic products. What is different, however, is the brand names of these products. For example, while Jumia is selling a Nexus 4-Burner Gas Cooker, Konga is selling a Scanfrost 4-Burner Gas Cooker.

The discounts
Moving on, the different price discounts were probably determined by the different brand names. Using the example above, Jumia is giving 33% off for the Nexus 4-Burner Gas Cooker. The product originally sells for N55, 000. Konga, on the other hand, is giving consumers 30% off the Scanfrost 4-Burner Gas Cooker which originally sells for N49, 150.

Similarly, Spar and Shoprite are both offering different discounts for different brands of blenders which originally retails at different prices. For instance, you can buy the Saisho blender/grinder for N3,390, thanks to 19% price discount Spar has placed on it. On the other hand, if you visit Shoprite to buy the Binatone Blender & Smoothie Maker BLG 402, you will spend N6, 999 because Shoprite is giving a 30% discount.

The good thing, however, is that each of these malls are offering various kinds of discounts, some of them as high as 60% for some products. It is then left for you to decide where to shop based on your preferences. Now, just in case you haven’t made up your mind, visit these companies’ websites to do so.

Source : https://nairametrics.com/2019/11/28/how-are-you-shopping-this-black-friday/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Kogbaski: 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
I didn't even have any intentions on shopping this weekend o but on seeing this I think this is one opportunity i shouldn't miss, or shebi it runs through out the year

1 Like

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Techm8: 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
Lol I this a question?All my office people have been waiting for Black Friday...
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by MaliMillion: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
Nigerians like awoof. Trust ShopRite to be filled with people by tomorrow

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by MaliMillion: 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
Techm8:
Lol I this a question?All my office people have been waiting for Black Friday...
Lol....see people that like awoof
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Iceman296: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
November is probably the most active month of the year, with shoppers trooping to take advantage of the discounts from many store outlets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Dembali: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
Iceman296:
November is probably the most active month of the year, with shoppers trooping to take advantage of the discounts from many store outlets.

Exactly, especially with December around the corner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by thatkindthing: 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
This shop rite have very good deals, 30 % discount is a better offer than the 19% discount from spar.
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Ejadike(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
Omo, Shoprite go full tomorrow sha

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by bravesoul247(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
thatkindthing:
This shop rite offers are really awesome, 30 % discount is a very good one.
50% sef
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Techm8: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ejadike:
Omo, Shoprite go full tomorrow sha
You needed to have seen their last November deals, ShopRite was jam-packed
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Corroro: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
Wow, there are so many price slash deals in this November, shoprite is one that have been consistent in giving back since the month of November, I've missed out on the first 3 fridays, I hope I partake in this one full time
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by scarycuteface(m): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
ShopRite is the place to be this Friday surely
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Hundjager: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hehehe! ShopRite again, I am putting this opportunity to good use angry
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by enoch273: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
I am settling for beverages and snacks, can't do without them and this black Friday came at the right time I needed it
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Dandsome: 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
Omo! See as people don dey load goods they carry comot, I just hope I'll be able to get all I need now in any shop I walk into to.
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Yinksy09(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2019
This is called Christmas bonanza shopping.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Yinksy09(m): 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2019
I believe this deal is in all shoprites nationwide.
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by seunmohmoh(f): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
I want to get a xiaomi redmi 8 for 46k on Jumia. Should I go ahead?

I asked a question and all I get is likes? God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by aguiyi2: 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
w
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by soberdrunk(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
See how that bros pack Coke after they will be shouting Buhari angry angry

1 Like

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by ainas247: 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
angry angry angry I ordered blender from jumia
plugged it to use the flowing day
after a few minutes my sister said *KI LON RUN* what is smelling...

Nah so N6,500 Go oooo

If you have a business or website
rank it on Google first page check my profile
for people's results

18 Likes

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by WalkerMichael(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Here to learn.

What's the status in shoprite outlet in ikeja, surulere & the likes? Anyone to give an update.? I hope Nigerians are shopping smiley
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
If only they sell APC presidentIal ticket with discount angry angry angry angry
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by naijaguy123456(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2019
Lala here are snakes for your Black Friday. Buy one get 5 free . Place your order now .

[img]https://i./WB4w.gif[/img]

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Humphrizy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ok
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by sotall(m): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2019
K
Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by aguiyi2: 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2019
Read the Origin of black Friday.Black race and mental slavery.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by shiki(m): 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
Oga, there's nothing like black friday in Nig. Joor

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Rilley(m): 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
I don't have time for this black friday trash!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Shopping This Black Friday? by Mplify(m): 1:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
Nonsense BF angry angry Opay is the only company doing Black Friday! If you know , you know. grin grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit / Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less / Setting Up A Provision Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.