Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus (804 Views)

Why Has Jesus Christ Been Sneaking Out Of The Right-hand Of His Father In Heaven / Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2019
Jesus said:

"Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." {Luke 12:15 (KJV)}
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus said:

"Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." {Luke 12:15 (KJV)}

Luke 12:16-21 (KJV)

16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by TVSA: 6:31am On Dec 01, 2019
well, if you criticize the daddy G.O's of today, their followers will attack you and tell you that your generation can't be as wealthy as their pastors.

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 01, 2019
TVSA:
well, if you criticize the daddy G.O's of today, their followers will attack you and tell you that your generation can't be as wealthy as their pastors.
At least you can see yourself that Jesus Himself was against such a mindset, because it is not of God but of the devil.

That's the extent to which the church has lost it and are far from God.

And this also shows that Jesus is not their Lord and Master in Truth, for the person whose words they keep is their lord, and with such a saying it's obviously not Jesus.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by xproducer: 8:34am On Dec 01, 2019
Well stated Op... covetousness, materialism - which unchecked can be tantamount to idolatry - are vanity, and have a consequential end:

"The loftiness of man shall be bowed down, And the haughtiness of men shall be brought low; The Lord alone will be exalted in that day, But the idols He shall utterly abolish. They shall go into the holes of the rocks, And into the caves of the [c]earth, From the terror of the Lord And the glory of His majesty, When He arises to shake the earth mightily. In that day a man will cast away his idols of silver And his idols of gold, Which they made, each for himself to worship, To the moles and bats, To go into the clefts of the rocks, And into the crags of the rugged rocks, From the terror of the Lord And the glory of His majesty, When He arises to shake the earth mightily." - Isaiah 2:17-21

"Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.” - John 6:27

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
xproducer:
Well stated Op... covetousness, materialism - which unchecked can be tantamount to idolatry - are vanity, and have a consequential end:

"The loftiness of man shall be bowed down, And the haughtiness of men shall be brought low; The Lord alone will be exalted in that day, But the idols He shall utterly abolish. They shall go into the holes of the rocks, And into the caves of the [c]earth, From the terror of the Lord And the glory of His majesty, When He arises to shake the earth mightily. In that day a man will cast away his idols of silver And his idols of gold, Which they made, each for himself to worship, To the moles and bats, To go into the clefts of the rocks, And into the crags of the rugged rocks, From the terror of the Lord And the glory of His majesty, When He arises to shake the earth mightily." - Isaiah 2:17-21

"Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.” - John 6:27
Thanks for sharing.

God bless you bro.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 02, 2019
Hear what Jesus says, so when you hear some church leaders or their followers justify the lives of some men using the basis of Earthly riches, you'd know where they are coming from.

It's certainly not from Jesus!
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2019
Hear the Truth from the mouth of Jesus not the lies that the prophets of mammon have been preaching, that the life of a man consists in the abundance of possession he has.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 04, 2019
The Truth that shall set you mammon worshippers free.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2019
Who told you that the life of a man consists in the abundance of possession a man has?

Certainly not Jesus!
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
I love Jesus.

No mercy for the devil.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by xproducer: 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2019
jesusjnr:
Thanks for sharing.

God bless you bro.
======

Amen, and the very same to you brother; peace and blessings.

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
The Words of the Spirit that gives life.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2019
Speak to us Master Jesus, for people need to hear the Truth.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 10, 2019
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Dtruthspeaker: 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
Since Man ate that forbidden fruit, all things that were previously good, now have their evil counterpart!

Let him who has an ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit said to the churches

1 Like

Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2019
Very important saying for the church.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 13, 2019
The Words of the Spirit.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Speak Lord for the servant heareth.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2019
Thank you Lord Jesus.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2019
We hear you Lord!
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2019
The Gospel of Christ.
Re: The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2019
The Word of eternal life.

(1) (Reply)

Women From The Tomb- Another Bible Contradiction! / Acient Law That Never Fail U Need To Read It Yourself / The Beasts Of Daniel 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.