Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? (6807 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Pastor Uche Aigbe Charged With Unlawful Possession Of AK-47 Rifle / The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2019
Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has?

It depends on the point of view from which the success of a church was being adjudged.

If from that of men and the world who use such material basis to measure success, the answer to the question would be in the affirmative.

But if it be from that of God, the answer would be "NO", because God doesn't use the abundance of possession as a measure of success as was depicted in this saying of Jesus:

"A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." {Luke 12:15 (KJV)}

And since a church is made up of men, that means the same applies to a church, that it's success of doesn't consist in the abundance of possession it has in the sight of God.

That illustrates how a church which is successful in the sight of men and the world, can be a failure to God and vice versa.

And since the church is not supposed to be of the world, but of God, it means it shouldn't be up to the world to determine the success of the church but God.

Therefore whenever the success of a church is adjudged on the basis of the abundance of possession it has, it's being done in error because that is not of God..

The success of a church is determined by the extent to which it abides by the teachings and instructions of Jesus.

That is why the most successful church up til date is that which Jesus built, because despite that it didn't have close to the abundance of possession that some churches now boast of, it is the church that abode by the teachings and instructions of Jesus the most.

God bless.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Righteousness89(m): 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
That's what the devil has confused Many Christians with Today... Even as Individuals..

People are so concerned with the Blessing and are so unconcerned with The BLESSER..

The Success of any Ministry Today is not in the Size, Height or properties of the Church.

The Success of a Church is in The Number of Souls that are Won for JESUS...

For Instance, Imagine the Joy in Heaven This day for Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke..
He Spent his life Transversing the length and Breadth of the Earth especially African not for Properties or Wealth but for Souls to be Saved...

Today, The Earth has Lost, HEAVEN HAS GAINED..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2019
"Leave the Church issues" and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Charly68: 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
Truth be told ,God is interested in territorial control..hence the advancement of a church in this regards symbolizes divine enlargement. It does not amount to materialism as many presume. Except otherwise proven,God has foretold that his kingdom on earth shall be built through prosperity .

1 Like

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 08, 2019
Righteousness89:
That's what the devil has confused Many Christians with Today... Even as Individuals//

People are so concerned with the Blessing and are so unconcerned with The BLESSER..

The Success of any Ministry Today is not in the Size, Height or properties of the Church.

For Instance, Imagine the Joy in Heaven This day for Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke..
He Spent his life Transversing the length and Breadth of the Earth especially African not for Properties or Wealth but for Souls to be Saved...

That's a man who truly knew what the success of a church/man consists of in the sight of God.

And I hope other church leaders can take a cue from him.

Thank for sharing. God bless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2019
hooha:
"Leave the Church issues" and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Do you mean the watchers should leave the church issues for the tares?

Don't you know that's part of "working out our own salvation", because that was part of the assignment Jesus gave to us before He left, so if we leave the church issues for the tares, we would have issues with Jesus at the end.

4 Likes

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2019
The abundance of a church should be how many they brought to the kingdom, not all those money milking churches that make sinners sleep comfortably in their sin without repentance.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2019
The Success of a church is all about the number of souls they are able to lead to salvation and the number of the disciples they help in their time of needs just as JESUS CHRIST commanded us.

#ThatIsAll

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by ijewejones: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2019
In Nigeria...YES

If not,mushroom churches would be different from what people think of them

Please you already know "mushroom"..don't quote me

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by athaboi(f): 9:17am On Dec 08, 2019
Odi egwu my brother
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by YorubaLord: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2019
To gullible 9ja... yes.

In theory... No!

1 Like

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Ijaycool(f): 9:18am On Dec 08, 2019
What is the function of the Church?

to assist the believer in his/her journey to salvation.

To gain salvation, Christ insists 'sells all you have give it to the poor and follow me'.

If the Church continues to acquire wealth and possession, the church is not following in the precepts of the Lord Jesus Christ.

the success of a church is seen in how many persons found salvation in it's words, actions and omissions. The above cannot be judged by man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2019
So what the purpose of this post?
jesusjnr:
That is why the most successful church up til date is that which Jesus built, because despite that it didn't have close to the abundance of possession that some churches now boast of, it is the church that abode by the teachings and instructions of Jesus the most.

God bless.
Is it not the joy of a good father to see his children more successful than him? Even Christ said we would do greater works than him. The current church is still Christ's church because they are gathering and not scattering.

John 14: 12 I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by cRobo: 9:19am On Dec 08, 2019
Times are changing
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by EternalBeing: 9:20am On Dec 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by TruthHurts100: 9:21am On Dec 08, 2019
Ask Shiloans
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by ProfessorBerlin(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2019
I wanna be a Billionaire Man of God.

Bros, Money dey that bussinss.

The only Yahoo work wey no concern EFCC.

Face to face scamming.

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by ProfessorBerlin(m): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2019
ProfessorBerlin:
I wanna be a Billionaire Man of God.

Bros, Money dey that bussinss.

The only Yahoo work wey no concern EFCC.

Face to face scamming.

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by femi4: 9:22am On Dec 08, 2019
You should know better from revelation

Revelation 3:7-8, 2:8

To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:

These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:

These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again. 9 I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by ekestic1976(f): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2019
Righteousness89:
That's what the devil has confused Many Christians with Today... Even as Individuals//

1 Like

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by ekestic1976(f): 9:26am On Dec 08, 2019
cRobo:
Times are changing

But His Word is Yea and Amen: it's SETTLED forever.

1 Like

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2019
Why is it that every Sunday una go dey ask stupid questions about church?? ....

2 Likes

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:33am On Dec 08, 2019
All this money and resources should be shared among the people, for they are the "church", they are God's beloved, God's treasure, God's children and He wants to care for them and spoil them with His riches and blessing. Rather than preaching God’s blessings to the people, the pastors are supposed to share God's blessings with the people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by naijacentric(m): 9:42am On Dec 08, 2019
jesusjnr:

It depends on the point of view from which the success of a church was being adjudged.

If from that of men and the world who use such material basis to measure success, the answer to the question would be in the affirmative.

But if it be from that of God, the answer would be "NO", because God doesn't use the abundance of possession as a measure of success as was depicted in this saying of Jesus:

"A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." {Luke 12:15 (KJV)}

And since a church is made up of men, that means the same applies to a church, that it's success of doesn't consist in the abundance of possession it has in the sight of God.

That illustrates how a church which is successful in the sight of men and the world, can be a failure to God and vice versa.

And since the church is not supposed to be of the world, but of God, it means it shouldn't be up to the world to determine the success of the church but God.

Therefore whenever the success of a church is adjudged on the basis of the abundance of possession it has, it's being done in error because that is not of God..

The success of a church is determined by the extent to which it abides by the teachings and instructions of Jesus.

God bless.
what do you have to say about wars happening in naija keep ur religion in ur pocket
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by StrikeBack(m): 9:44am On Dec 08, 2019
Hiswordxray:
All this money and resources should be shared among the people, for they are the "church", they are God's beloved, God's treasure, God's children and He wants to care for them and spoil them with His riches and blessing. Rather than preaching God’s blessings to the people, the pastors are supposed to share God's blessings with the people
Church business in Pentecostal settings is purely CAPITALIST business.

The rich keeps getting richer and the poor Poorer. Once Nigeria can boast of 24/7 electricity,good roads, good leaders and Effective transportation, only then would our eyes be opened.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by ACRI: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2019
..Hmmmm

God is a God of abundance...to fulfil the purpose of God on your life you need resources.
It takes money to propagate the gospel to the far ends of the earth.
And God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Poverty is not holiness, infact you are more likely to compromise when you can't have your basic needs met. So I ll say God wants the church to be highly successful to carry out the great commission and success comes with great possessions. There is a reason there was a wealth transfer from the Egytians to the Israelites when they wanted to leave Egypt. The church need great possessions for the journey ahead ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by jaxxy(m): 9:50am On Dec 08, 2019
It’s definitely not on the numbers of private jets it buys that’s for sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Larryallovernig: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2019
Acts 7:48 New International Version (NIV)

48 “However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

Acts 17:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by ACRI: 10:09am On Dec 08, 2019
Ijaycool:
What is the function of the Church?

to assist the believer in his/her journey to salvation.

To gain salvation, Christ insists 'sells all you have give it to the poor and follow me'.

If the Church continues to acquire wealth and possession, the church is not following in the precepts of the Lord Jesus Christ.

the success of a church is seen in how many persons found salvation in it's words, actions and omissions. The above cannot be judged by man.

Read your bible more sis

The way to salvation is not selling all your property n following Jesus. Stop quoting the bible in isolation ....Jesus was talking to an intending disciple who was worldly.

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Being A Morally Good Person Enough For God? / Trinity Doctrine Exposed - See Why It Is False / Born Catholic, Raised Catholic And Die Catholic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.