Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Private Java Class - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Private Java Class (1130 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Private Java Class by naijaswag1: 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2010
If you are interested in learning the Java programming language privately,this is your chance.I am a self taught Java programmer although I resolved to go for Java at a technology conclave organized by NIIT.I couldn't afford the over 300k required by NIIT to pay through the various courses up to enterprise level.I had to take the bull by the horn by walking myself through the rough road of learning a high level programming language solely depending on limitless volume of materials on the web and many advice from friends who were already in the field including here from Nairaland and more importantly the Grace of God. Refer to this page here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-507205.0.html posted in September.I was able to come up with that GUI solution when I saw it here on Nairaland but I have gone farther than that.Currently I am working on a school management portal with EJB3,HIBERNATE/JPA,ORACLE EXPRESS on JBOSS on the server and database side with STRUCT,AJAX,XHTML,CSS on the web client side.I work with eclipse helios.

The prerequisites to learning java include having some knowledge about computers not just being able to operate it.Don,t be deceived when they tell you on those IT adverts that you don't even need to have knowledge of computers to learn programming.You do need it.Programming is beyond sending emails,FB and posting all manners of rubbish here on Nairaland.But if you do not have this computer background,I could bring you up to the level necessary for you to start thinking computers in 1 or 2 months before venturing the scary waters of Object oriented programming.

Furthermore,you need to have exclusive access to a desktop or laptop where you will have to install the java compiler to run the java codes in the course of learning.

You should be ready to study for 6 months which is the least duration of the course.If you have an average IQ of 100 or you are like the Ashkenazi Jews you may do better in less than 6 months and begin to think in Java.

You can email me at frankgod02@gmail.com for more info or call 08186852693
Re: Private Java Class by kambo(m): 5:01am On Nov 27, 2010
so you self taught . good.
how long have you been programming or learning to justify your
qualification to teach others?

what apps besides the App in progress have you made that can make student
waive your lack of formal training.

am i sure you follow international and respected standards in writing your code
(gui's can be deceptive- no one sees the codes behind em )
same as one who got his knuckles rapped by his professors in college?

what's your current reading list?
fill me in . solicitor for the ignorant . before they part with their money.
Re: Private Java Class by naijaswag1: 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2010
kambo:

so you self taught . good.
how long have you been programming or learning to justify your
qualification to teach others?

what apps besides the App in progress have you made that can make student
waive your lack of formal training.

am i sure you follow international and respected standards in writing your code
(gui's can be deceptive- no one sees the codes behind em )
same as one who got his knuckles rapped by his professors in college?

what's your current reading list?
fill me in . solicitor for the ignorant . before they part with their money.

The ability to impart what is inside of you to others is not directly related to how long you have been programming or been in a particular field.Is it every graduate that is a lecturer? There are people who cannot teach primary school pupils despite being geniuses with 1st class.I don't have knowledge of any qualification besides the sun's certification that qualifies one to teach IT courses.In this part of the world we deceive ourself with certifications and their likes.Do you know how many Nigerians have certifications that cannot defend it? Try and find out how many people that today have OCA,OCP but have not seen a real database running.

Teaching is not a one off thing.If you don't know Java,you can sign up and I will tutor you for two weeks without pay so that you can take a scorecard for yourself.

When you talk of formal training,I laugh in latin.Are you on facebook? Do you know that that guy and many guys who have made big innovations and mark in the present day IT world taught themselves and because of no formal training will you say that they are not good.In the West,programming languages(high and low) are learnt in the Universities unlike what is obtained here and if you decide to continue your career in that field there are many booth camps to attend and you read up on your own because nobody will come and instill into your head the syntax and semantics of any language except you are ready to learn and consume volumes of booka and materials.

There are limitless volumes of materials on the web so long as you are ready to search for them.

Just as the guys at MIT said,you need wisdom to understand the abstractions inherent in especailly high level programming languages and God has granted me such wisdom.

Suffice me to say that I am not selling anything that you pay and get what you ordered,I am talking about a learning process that will take atleast 6 (six) months on the minimum to complete and if you have knowlegde of any other high level statically typed OOP language,it will make it easier because all you have to do is learn what java has got that the langague you know dont have and vice varsa and a subsequent translation of probably a program you have written in that language into java will begin to open your eyes.

There is no better text than Goshling Java trade mark and Thinking in java 3rd and 4th edition for beginners although you will have to read some other simpler text unless someone is going to guide you.Combine these with the official sun tutorials downloaded and you will begin thinking in java(object and classes) and the rest is to give God the praise.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Invest In Your Career & Keep Up With The Trends / Apex 8500122107:informatica Realtime Online Corporate Training,resume Preparatio / Online/regular Training In Objective-c At Primebit Solutions,hyderabad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.