Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space (3569 Views)

Nigerian Girl Amina Lawal Missing In Toronto (photo) / His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja / Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by obonyunmi(f): 2:29am On May 25, 2007
hmm- nice one - some of u stay here dey chop eba while Stella Felix made it to space at 17.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5364722.stm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Ndipe(m): 2:42am On May 25, 2007
And what's the big deal about it?
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by obonyunmi(f): 2:45am On May 25, 2007
@Ndipe -

The most stupid comment anyone living ever made- every right thinking person praised that fact - u dey here dey talk rubbish.

Hating now because you're a nobody! Is that actually u in the picture? I thought the comment was from a teenager? Shio.

See your trouser, they ask whats d big deal about a 17 year old beating over 400 people to win a slot to go to space -

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by ghettochyk(f): 2:54am On May 25, 2007
wow! dats amazing! america can be so nice man. i'm too chicken to ever even appply to go to space.

@Ndipe
W.T.F.? awee!! you wanna go huh? tongue
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by ghettochyk(f): 2:55am On May 25, 2007
@obo

well, i just googled it (BBC). i can't tell if she is actually going outta space or if she's going to the simulated version of it. which one is it.
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by obonyunmi(f): 2:58am On May 25, 2007
she went to space with others - i actually saw them in the space craft floating. There was a documentary on her and the trip.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5364722.stm

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2006-09-21-nigerian-teen-space_x.htm

google Stella Felix and u will read more.
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Ndipe(m): 2:58am On May 25, 2007
What difference does Felix's trip to Space make to your life?
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Iman3(m): 3:02am On May 25, 2007
Ndipe:

What difference does Felix's trip to Space make to your life?

That is an extra-ordinarily myopic and self-centred way to view events.Effectively,you are saying that if something has no impact on your person,it is not worth talking about
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Ndipe(m): 3:08am On May 25, 2007
It does not make any difference to me. IF this is a Nigerian govt sponsored programe, they are better off utilizing that money in alleviating the squalid conditions of the country, instead of sending just one person to go to space. How can you justify a poor man driving a Lexus, while living in abject poverty?
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Iman3(m): 3:10am On May 25, 2007
Its not a Nigerian sponsored programme.
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by obonyunmi(f): 4:15am On May 25, 2007
@Ndipe

How many haters like u in the world - it has nothing to do with the government - the space centre in America sponsored it -

This shows how unlearned, un read and uninformed you and your likes are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by ArmedLion(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2007
congrats stella!
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by kliverpool(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2007
u people on nairaland could be so ignorant sometime the girl did not go to space
she went to the space station or center (simulator thats all)
$20million thats what it takes to go to space as a tourist.only 2people have made that trip so far
one south African and one Iranian woman
no body or Government will pay $20million for that girl to go to space to do what?

She went to space center it is not the same as space
its just like going to jibow in Lagos,that doesn't mean she went on a night trip.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 25, 2007
obo_nyunmi:

she went to space with others - i actually saw them in the space craft floating.

grin grin grin grin You saw her "floating" and automatically assumed she was in space?

Perhaps you need to read up on space simulators.
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by omoge(f): 10:26pm On May 25, 2007
@ poster and Davidylan
that actually made me laugh real hard too grin grin i was like were you at the opposite side of space undecided grin
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by zigbo(f): 12:11am On May 26, 2007
she get mind thats if she actually went to the space which i doubt.

but i dont know how goin to space on a sponsored trip will change/better my life,xcept i paid the bills moreover even if i was given a free trip plus a million dollars to go to space i will def pass on the offer in a heart beat. i no go go
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by samsilo(m): 3:07am On May 26, 2007
Its funny how understanding simple English eludes some people like obo_ whatever.
This is an old story, the girl went into a boeing aircraft which flies in simple English, up in a curve and down so for a few minute everything is weightless like in space.
I am sure you have experienced some thing similar for a few seconds when a fast car goes over a ridge on te road or when an aircraft drops suddenly in air turbulence.Weightlessness is what gives that funny feeling inthe stomsch at such times.
It is used to train astronauts ,so she never went any where near space( I think about 70 miles up is the cut off).
Stop misinforming and insulting people on this forum
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by zigbo(f): 3:20am On May 26, 2007
samsilo:

Its funny how understanding simple English eludes some people like obo_ whatever.
This is an old story, the girl went into a boeing aircraft which flies in simple English, up in a curve and down so for a few minute everything is weightless like in space.
I am sure you have experienced some thing similar for a few seconds when a fast car goes over a ridge on te road or when an aircraft drops suddenly in air turbulence.Weightlessness is what gives that funny feeling inthe stomsch at such times.
It is used to train astronauts ,so she never went any where near space( I think about 70 miles up is the cut off).
Stop misinforming and insulting people on this forum
the girl was like some of you dey here dey chop eba while a 17 yrs old girl went to space. what was she doin when the girl supposedly "went to space" @obo. . . wat were u choping/drinking wen u decided to feed us wrong information.
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by samsilo(m): 3:27am On May 26, 2007
@Zigbo,check the writing style of this[b] Obo [/b] person and compare with Wa_do_mi and Closet pervert.
The rate at which they run around this forum and the dates of registration make me feel they are all the same jobless person.
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by zigbo(f): 3:40am On May 26, 2007
i wan ask sha, is the girl still in space struggling with the white lady there
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Iman3(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2007
I no even read the link the poster put up grin

Ok,its not space as we know it but there is a lot of "space" in a Boeing aircraft
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by kenechi22(m): 4:45am On May 27, 2007
@Zigbo
I like ur style sha.As for Obo nynmi the fact is that ur name resemble the EBA u made mention of.Talk maturely no insults
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by ghettochyk(f): 5:22am On May 27, 2007
Ndipe:

It does not make any difference to me. IF this is a Nigerian govt sponsored programe, they are better off utilizing that money in alleviating the squalid conditions of the country, instead of sending just one person to go to space. How can you justify a poor man driving a Lexus, while living in abject poverty?
it doesn't have to make a difference in my life in any way or form. people from another country has decided to use THEIR money to give someone in a third world country what they or any average american may never get to experience in a lifetime. HER own country and YOUR own country (yes, dats Nigeria), would never do dat for ANYONE in a million years.

MAIN POINT: it don't matter what the benefits of her trip is. dis is like any other news: you get the information and you move on. no one told you to use it and pay your bills. wink
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by zigbo(f): 11:56am On May 27, 2007
ghettochyk:

it doesn't have to make a difference in my life in any way or form. people from another country has decided to use THEIR money to give someone in a third world country what they or any average american may never get to experience in a lifetime. HER own country and YOUR own country (yes, that is Nigeria), would never do that for ANYONE in a million years.
MAIN POINT: it don't matter what the benefits of her trip is. this is like any other news: you get the information and you move on. no one told you to use it and pay your bills. wink
why will the government ve to pay such huge amounts of money on an unnecessary trip to space when u can feed thousands of starving children all over the world with that ,it doesnt make sense

and FYI the girl did nt go to any space.
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by ghettochyk(f): 3:50am On May 28, 2007
zigbo:

why will the government ve to pay such huge amounts of money on an unnecessary trip to space when u can feed thousands of starving children all over the world with that ,it doesnt make senseand FYI the girl did nt go to any space.

i'm not debating whether she went to space or not. the fact is they gave her an opportunity of a lifetime and it don't matter wat they decide to do with their money. the government don't have anything to do with the program and even so, it's not america's responsibility to worry about the poor in Nigeria, that's the NIGERIAN govt.'s responsiblity. if you should criticize anything, direct it to the Nigerian government for letting down its citizens. it's the same criticism Oprah gets for using $40,000,000 to build just one school in S. Africa. it's her money and she can do with it whatever she wants. one good is better than no good. wink
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by zigbo(f): 12:00am On May 31, 2007
when i said government i meant the Nigerian government cos u said in ur post
ghettochyk:

. HER own country and YOUR own country (yes, that is Nigeria), would never do that for ANYONE in a million years.

nd i said
zigbo:

why will the government ve to pay such huge amounts of money on an unnecessary trip to space when u can feed thousands of starving children all over the world with that ,it doesnt make sense

frankly i cudnt care less wat america,any other country that is nt nigeria or any other person atall was doing with his/her money.

wat oppurtunity did they giv her since she dint rily go to space? oh jst figured "an oppurtunity to go float somewhere undecided " oh ok,good for her cool
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Ndipe(m): 12:32am On May 31, 2007
An opportunity of a lifetime to float in pseudo space? Goodness gracious!
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by ghettochyk(f): 2:06am On May 31, 2007
zigbo:

what oppurtunity did they giv her since she dint rily go to space? oh jst figured "an oppurtunity to go float somewhere undecided " oh ok,good for her cool

There you go!! Now you're getting it!! wink
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Vicjustice: 3:17pm On May 31, 2007
I understand that she didn't really make it to space, she just used the nasa space simulator. It's a a machine that simulates an environment for the purpose of training or research. SHE DIDN'T GO TO SPACE!
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by ghettochyk(f): 11:33pm On May 31, 2007
Vicjustice:

I understand that she didn't really make it to space, she just used the nasa space simulator. It's a a machine that simulates an environment for the purpose of training or research. SHE DIDN'T GO TO SPACE!
umm, well yeah but you're a lil late with dat. dis aint a debate of whether she actually went to space or not. wink
like i said before, it's like any other news you hear or read: you get da info and you move on. nothing to get your panties or boxers in a bunch for. seriously wink
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Ndipe(m): 11:24am On Jun 01, 2007
So, if you were invited to float in pseudo space, you would consider that as an opportunity of a life time? (shakes head)
Why not go for the real thing, instead of the 'substitute'?
Re: Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space by Konquest: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
Vicjustice:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August / Applying For Travel Loan / Is This The Reason For Dana Air Crash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.