Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August (3569 Views)

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport / Etihad Begins Flight To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by ARROBA(m): 7:25am On Jul 18, 2013
The management of Ethiopian Airlines has concluded arrangement to commence international flight operations to the Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu following the upgrade of the airport to an international airport. There are indications that the inaugural flight maybe on the 27th of August 2013 as plans are in high gear to make that flight happen as promised. It was gathered that other foreign airlines are also weighing the options of flying to Enugu including traffic on the new route. The decision by Ethiopian airline to be the first airline to fly into Enugu Airport may not be unconnected with the high level of patronage the airline is receiving from traders from South East on the far- East routes and as such would like to consolidate against growing competition from other airline on the route This development is laying credence to the promise by President Goodluck Jonathan of the Ethiopian Airlines flight to Enugu which some political gladiators said was another political gimmick to capture votes from the South East. The service would herald the beginning of international operations at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu. This is coming just as the airline is planning to expand its operations in Nigeria by adding flights to Port Harcourt and Kano. Tewolde Gebremariam chief executive officer of Ethiopian Airlines disclosed recently that the airline is planning to fly to Port Harcourt as well as Northern Nigeria’s largest city Kano, while increasing the number of flight trips to Abuja.

http://www.nigerianpilot.com/ethiopian-airlines-begins-flight-to-enugu-in-august/
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 18, 2013
Good one.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 18, 2013
Going international already? Its called gradual growth.
Well, thats a good development. I can tell you that Enugu would soon become a city to reckon with.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by Nomski0(f): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2013
It shows the level of development in the city. Nigeria seriously need to up her game in developing some cities to at least resemble paradise

One step at a time.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by PointB: 7:47am On Jul 18, 2013
This is a good one.

But I like to see it materialize before we start giving the kudos.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by kettykin: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2013
If visa offices and diplomatic mission for high destination countries like china America, Britain, Germany UAE are opened in enugu that would facilitate flights to those countries why would I have to travel to lagos or abuja to get my visa and come back to enugu to board my flight.
The east still has a lot of work to do in this direction but a good start anyway

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by IGBOSON1: 8:42am On Jul 18, 2013
I'm not surprised it's an African country that's willing to be the first to fly the Enugu route; of course other international airlines are in this country just for what they can get out of it, and are only prepared to come sit at the table after someone else has laboured to 'cook the food'......when they are certain of its viability.

Though i hope Ethiopian airlines keep their Dreamliners at home till questions on their safety are put to rest.

Any talk of the routes they'll be flying?

Like I've said in the past; the Enugu State gov't (in conjunction with other South East states) have to do more in selling/advertising Enugu city, and putting it on the world map. There are still a couple of things that need to be put in place to make Enugu a welcoming and comfortable city for tourists, investors, diasporans, and businesses like international airlines flying the route.

Positive move by Ethiopian airlines though.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by IGBOSON1: 8:44am On Jul 18, 2013
kettykin: If visa offices and diplomatic mission for high destination countries like china America, Britain, Germany UAE are opened in enugu that would facilitate flights to those countries why would I have to travel to lagos or abuja to get my visa and come back to enugu to board my flight.
The east still has a lot of work to do in this direction but a good start anyway

^^^Good point!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by Nomski0(f): 8:52am On Jul 18, 2013
kettykin: If visa offices and diplomatic mission for high destination countries like china America, Britain, Germany UAE are opened in enugu that would facilitate flights to those countries why would I have to travel to lagos or abuja to get my visa and come back to enugu to board my flight.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by yuzedo: 9:28am On Jul 18, 2013
Makes plenty sense. A LOT of our boys going to China, Malaysia, etc use Ethiopian Airlines so they won't need to journey down to Lagos/MMIA. Very rambunctious set of somebodys! grin It was an overwhelming spectacle beholding them twice at Addis.. Loud, garrulous men without care or control.. i thought i was in Onitsha. angry angry angry
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by Godson201333(m): 9:58am On Jul 18, 2013
yuzedo: Makes plenty sense. A LOT of our boys going to China, Malaysia, etc use Ethiopian Airlines so they won't need to journey down to Lagos/MMIA. Very rambunctious set of somebodys! grin It was an overwhelming spectacle beholding them twice at Addis.. Loud, garrulous men without care or control.. i thought i was in Onitsha. angry angry angry

YUZEDO what happen to your private jet and how is Banana Island?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by Godson201333(m): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2013
yes that is a great move..
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by bluerange(f): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
YUZEDO u are right! those my ibo brothers are unique, right there in addis l thought l was in upper iweka, our flight down to lagos was fun, come hear gist. the dreamliner was half full so we clustered. They are fun to travel with.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by Dannylux: 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nomski0: It shows the level of development in the city. Nigeria seriously need to up her game in developing some cities to at least resemble paradise

One step at a time.
in developing all cities.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by Dannylux: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
Good thing. Can't wait for UAE, UK,RSA,Chinese embassies to open up in AIIA(Akanu Ibiam International Airport).
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by mafiffle: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
ARROBA: The management of Ethiopian Airlines has concluded arrangement to commence international flight operations to the Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu following the upgrade of the airport to an international airport. There are indications that the inaugural flight maybe on the 27th of August 2013 as plans are in high gear to make that flight happen as promised. It was gathered that other foreign airlines are also weighing the options of flying to Enugu including traffic on the new route. The decision by Ethiopian airline to be the first airline to fly into Enugu Airport may not be unconnected with the high level of patronage the airline is receiving from traders from South East on the far- East routes and as such would like to consolidate against growing competition from other airline on the route This development is laying credence to the promise by President Goodluck Jonathan of the Ethiopian Airlines flight to Enugu which some political gladiators said was another political gimmick to capture votes from the South East. The service would herald the beginning of international operations at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu. This is coming just as the airline is planning to expand its operations in Nigeria by adding flights to Port Harcourt and Kano. Tewolde Gebremariam chief executive officer of Ethiopian Airlines disclosed recently that the airline is planning to fly to Port Harcourt as well as Northern Nigeria’s largest city Kano, while increasing the number of flight trips to Abuja.

http://www.nigerianpilot.com/ethiopian-airlines-begins-flight-to-enugu-in-august/
@bolded, even if it is political whatever, let the news/promise keep coming at least 1/100 will materialize unlike in the past when 1/1000000 never did.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by mafiffle: 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2013

Na small small. a journey of 1000 miles should start with a step. I know we can jump but where it is not possible to jump, let the default 1st step be encouraged to move.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by ARROBA(m): 3:37am On Jul 22, 2013
One can actually book a flight from the 28th of August. see Ethiopian Airline website

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by henrychubayo: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2013
O boy, na true talk ooooo. Thank God that we can suffer again going to lagos or even landing in Lagos at night with no other place to go. I will definately buy tickets for these airline. Plz help distribute the information urging our south eastern brothers to start flying to enugu with ethipia to where ever they are going. share the news abd make the market competitive. let me visit their website now.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Begins Flight To Enugu In August by karlmax2: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
When gej said this some months back. Some hypocrites said he was wooing igbo votes.watch how this route would would be so profitable to ethiopia airways that other airlines would want a piece of the action.

(1) (Reply)

5 Super Hilarious Hausa Proverbs And Their Meaning / Wonders Of The Sea: World's Largest Cruise Ship In Sea Trial Ahead 2022 Debut / Which Nice Country Can I Travel To With 1m But I Prefer Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.