Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? (1060 Views)

Wedding And Pre-wedding Photos Of An Inter-tribal Marriage Involving My Cousin / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You / Your Opinion On Inter-religious And Inter-tribal Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by iyatrustee(f): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2010
My father is from Ekiti state, My mum is from Kaduna State while am married to an Akwa Ibom man. From my little background, you can at least deduce that i am halfcaste a true Nigerian. cool my problem however is that because i dont speak my husband's language, we literarily speak English in my house and as such, i fear that my kids might not be able to speak any of our languages (since we dont live in Calabar and there is no relative living with us) for this reason, i ask is the advantages of inter tribal marriage(Intergration and breaking down the walls of barrier amongst different tribes) more than its disadvantage(our mother tongue gradually disappearing)? Be logical in your arguements pls.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by deniyor: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2010
I think it is a nice thing. Good for unity. It has it few challenges too as Nigeria isn't yet very mature about it. As you are probably finding out, one of the disadvantages will be the kids unable to speak the language. You might hv to go the extra mile to teach them the two languages, and / or enrol them in a language sch. But really, the kids won't be missing much.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by Blazay(m): 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
Goodluck.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by stranger: 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^^

WHat happened to your original post?
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by Blazay(m): 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^^

Hello my friend.
The original post was deleted. grin

What did you do again? shocked
Just when I was beginning to like you 'some'. wink

Name:  stranger
Position:  Active Poster
Date Registered:  October 08, 2005, 07:59 PM
Last Active:  Today at 11:09:18 PM

Hmmm!
2+2=22

Signs and wonders.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by stranger: 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^

This is the first moniker I created. I got banned a while ago, but for some unknown reasons, my privileges were restored.

Now that they have banned my fstranger monikers, I have decided to start using it again.

I love NL, too many clueless mods.

Anyhow, how was work today? Hope your wife is doing great? Say hi to her for me.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by Blazay(m): 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^^

Anyhow, how was work today? Hope your wife is doing great? Say hi to her for me.

Hey.
Hollit dia.
I say hold break dia. angry

In short, this [b]fren[/b]ship is ova.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by stranger: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^^

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

This is the last time I am ever gonna try to be friends with you.
Re: What Is Your Take On Inter Tribal Marriage? by Osama10(m): 3:48am On Nov 29, 2010
The only problem I see there are their cultural differences.

(1) (Reply)

Funmi Lawal Passes On After Struggle With Cancer / God Directs Me To Impregnate Married Women And Their Daughters- Pastor(pic) / Instead Of Making My Wife Scream Every Night A Cockroach Makes Her Scream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.