Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence (53521 Views)

"Parents, Warn Your Sons": Says Basketmouth, As He Marks Daughter's Birthday / Regina Daniels Gets Fizz Herbal Skin Care Endorsement As Ambassador (Photos) / “You Go Pay Something”-Wizkid Tells Basketmouth As He Begs For A 30secs Drop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:
NL alpha males be like... "EU is a feminist"

Kudos to EU. Locally we cannot handle our men. When they cross the border and loose-guard, help us take them down with precision.

One down.

Is that you laughing in the photos ?
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by letitrainnow(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
Be carefull what comes out of your mouth.
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Incandescent(m): 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
Officialgarri:
Comedians living on past glory.

They have totally run out of jokes that all they do is get on the stage scream in the mic and laugh at their own dry jokes.
And all of sudden, comedy has suddenly turned to sex talks only..... especially.... Gordons

Gordons especially
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:
I would never understand why Nigerian comedians do lots of rape jokes. If you talk now, they will call you feminist.

Dark humour or what?

Watch lots of their shows and you will see it has those themes. They will talk of how girls go on dates only to say she is on her period after eating pizza. That she must donate the toto.

Sadly this is the mentality of lots of guys here. You see such comments even on NL. They don't ever travel and handle white girls with same mentality, but they come back to Nigeria where anything goes to talk/behave anyhow.

It's better not to eat his money if you know you don't like him.

Ask for Pepsi instead of eating N5,000 and you already know you are taking him for a ride.

1 Like

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Incandescent(m): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
I ate this guy with passion

How did he taste?
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Sterope(f): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2019
Are you saying money/greed is enough justification to rape a woman?
RonaldoVido:

It's better not to eat his money if you know you don't like him.

Ask for Pepsi instead of eating N5,000 and you already know you are taking him for a ride.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Uzosaint(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2019
That's what he does for a living (Talking and that's wat he did)was d EU gonna give him an endorsement in the first place without these his talking, please they should let the young man be.

2 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Enemyofpeace: 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
Incandescent:

How did he taste?
get out
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by RCDIY(m): 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Even if 10000 European ladies go on a date with a Naija man and eat the world, he dare not behave out of turn. The reason is not the difference in mentality, it is because he knows the CONSEQUENCES. Naija men capitalize on the system here to behave anyhow. Not like they don't know good or bad. No one put a gun to your head to buy pizza. It is not a crime to go on a date with a guy all over the world, but RAPE IS A CRIME world over.

Next time, skip the "I don't support rape". I wonder why you guys always have to chip that shii in, then go on to subtly defend.

Madam, it haf do! You just missed the point the guy made (deliberately I suppose) just so you can keep driving your narrative.
No sane person will condone or justify rape. But don't go comparing western women with the average local girl whose only preoccupation is how to find the next human ATM.

4 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
Sterope:
Are you saying money/greed is enough justification to rape a woman?

Are you saying that because he said hello, you should empty his bank account because you are greedy ?
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by KenModi(m): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Your own time is coming. Hopefully you try it outside Nigeria like some of your brothers. You will be thrown into jail and forgotten. Silly elements.

FYI, I am not a comedian or entertainer and neither have I raped anyone or made jokes about rape. Also I don’t and would never support rape.

But I still stand my ground that you are biased and hypocritical.

You and your fellow Nigerian ladies should stop being leeches and parasites when a man asks to date you! Hypocrite!!

4 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by odigbosky(m): 7:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Fear Isikwuato village people, they won't rest till they see Bright back home tapping palmwine.
But the truth be told, some people take life so seriously.
That was a joke and the only job of a comedian is to make jokes.
What did they expect from signing a comedian.

If EU and UN can't understand a joke and relate it to heartless Nigerian girls who want brothers to use up their life savings just to woo them then the joke is on them.

The UN is very hypocritical.
Basketmouth made a joke about rape but Busola Dakolo lied about being raped. Yet she is still an ambassador.

Basketmouth may be a shoddy backstreet comedian, but the truth remains that he has the balls most Nigerian comedians don't.

Dude doesn't give a hoot about being political correct.
And since being an ambassador entails being political correct, the UN can take their ambassadorship and shove it up the Pope, the Dai Lama or the Oba of Bini's butt.

But rape is not an option.
It is wiser to spend on yourself and pleasure yourself by yourself.
Rather than undergo a feminist's intensively expensive rigorous recruitment process just to chop smelly and sour kpekus.

Oya wetin come concern Oba of Benin for inside na. Your kolo dn come again ehn
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Sterope(f): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2019
Did the lady put a gun to his head to empty his bank account? Is he not a full grown adult? You haven't answered my question 'what is the cost of rape?' 5k or 100k or 100 million dollars?

RonaldoVido:

Are you saying that because he said hello, you should empty his bank account because you are greedy ?

4 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Sterope(f): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2019
How much is rape?

Do these girls hold a gun to these guys' heads to spend?
KenModi:

FYI, I am not a comedian or entertainer and neither have I raped anyone or made jokes about rape. Also I don’t and would never support rape.

But I still stand my ground that you are biased and hypocritical.

You and your fellow Nigerian ladies should stop being leeches and parasites when a man asks to date you! Hypocrite!!

4 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by pocohantas(f): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2019
SURElee:
Is this a recent joke? I know years ago he was blasted for a rape related joke. If it is for that one then people will now know that the internet never dies, watch all utterances and outbursts as they will find you out.

What a shame, basket mouth who has a wife, sisters, mothers, daughter, female relatives will come out to joke about rape. Now he go wise up. Not every content is joke worthy.

He has many. The one I had in mind is different sef.
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2019
Sterope:
Did the lady put a gun to his head to empty his bank account? Is he not a full grown adult? You haven't answered my question 'what is the cost of rape?' 5k or 100k or 100 million dollars?

grin

If he rapes you and gives you ONE million DOLLARS, will you report it ?

Or even he pays you N500k just for casual sex, will you moan during the process ?

3 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Sterope(f): 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
Let's put your mother in this situation. She is a woman and she has been a Nigerian lady before marriage..

If your mother was raped and given 1 million dollars, will she report it? grin

RonaldoVido:

grin

If he rapes you and gives you ONE million DOLLARS, will you report it ?

6 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by vezycash(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
Badbelle everywhere.
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
Sterope:
Let out your mother in thia situation. She is a woman and she had been a Nigerian lady before marriage..

If your mother was raped and given 1 million dollars, will she report it?

Ok, if he throws N500k into your laps and asks you just to spend the night on a second date, will you ?

2 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:
I would never understand why Nigerian comedians do lots of rape jokes. If you talk now, they will call you feminist.

Dark humour or what?

Watch lots of their shows and you will see it has those themes. They will talk of how girls go on dates only to say she is on her period after eating pizza. That she MUST donate the toto.

Sadly this is the mentality of lots of guys here. You see such comments even on NL. They don't ever travel and handle white girls with same mentality, but they come back to Nigeria where anything goes to talk/behave anyhow.

But why do our girls jump at every awoof as if it's their birth right?

A honest question.

1 Like

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by kuuljay(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
Are jokes no longer fiction, so if I comedian said on stage that a buhari should be killed then he will be charged for treason? When Sony portrayed Nigerians as carnibals and even mentioned obasanjo as the head of them in district 9 shebi Dora protested but they said it was fiction

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by makydebbie(f): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
pocohantas:

I watched one show. It was Okey Bakassi saying a girl would spend the night in a guy's house and say she doesn't want sex. All for her to go to the police and say she was raped. Made a joke about questions the NPF would ask. The ladies were obviously uncomfortable.

There was this other one of virginity detector. That it was brought close to a 1yr old baby and it said virginity not found!! Does that even make sense? Who brings in a child into such perverted joke?!!!

Things like this make me cringe. Jeez.
Can you imagine?? Of all things to make a joke, you decided to use this thing on a child as well. How is that nonsense even funny.
Nigerian comedians should be sanctioned properly, you can't do this abroad and go scot free. I'm so happy about basketmouth. Dry ass shitty thing called comedian.

4 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by edoairways: 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
Gracespecial101:
When they've started pounding the Morter in your village again undecided
Myvillagepeople you mentioned here again
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by vezycash(m): 7:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
letitrainnow:
Be carefull what comes out of your mouth.

Abegi. The only mistake he made here was posting this joke in written form on twitter instead of video or in a show. It's hard to get audio humor right talkless of written one. Same bad belles calling for his head would have landed in the hospital from too much laughter.
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
If you listen to the jokes of all these comedians, they always talk about prostitution like its a thing to be exited about.

That is why basket mouth had to make this insensitive joke when he had a hard on alone on his bed without even thinking.

The mind of a negro is so vile and wicked. That is why the whole world will continue to hate them.
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by Sterope(f): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2019
That is different. He is asking for consent.

It is a choice to spend money on a woman. It is his money, his consent, his choice. It is a question of morals for the lady to keep leading him on. The man CLEARLY chooses to spend his money. He was not forced or threatened to spend his money.

Rape is not consensual. It is her body, it is a her choice not to share it with the man regardless of who or what has been done. It is a crime to force or threaten a woman to sleep with you.

RonaldoVido:

Ok, if he throws N500k into your laps and asks you just to spend the night on a second date, will you ? cc KenModi

5 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by SURElee(f): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2019
Is this a recent joke? I know years ago he was blasted for a rape related joke. If it is for that one then people will now know that the internet never dies, watch all utterances and outbursts as they will find you out.

What a shame, basket mouth who has a wife, sisters, mothers, daughter, female relatives will come out to joke about rape. Now he go wise up. Not every content is joke worthy.
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by exponent50real(m): 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dwaooooo oja ti je cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by RCDIY(m): 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
[s][/s]
pocohantas:

[s]Nonsense people. As if they can be compared to Western men. Silly elements from a shithole country talking of Westerners like they are one of them or even rated highly.[/s]

Na you be the nonsense person jare. Always first to insult people. Bloody feminist grin

2 Likes

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by LordAdam16: 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2019
Tulsaguy:

You don't make a joke about a hot topic like rape. Basket goofed big time. I am sure he wouldn't want his daughter raped by any idiot.

He has made a fortune from comic industry he shouldn't use his hand to pull down all his has toiled for.

You do.

No hot topic is immune to a good joke. Emphasis on good.

Dark humor is an art. Amazing art I must add. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but don't force your preferences on others.

There are plenty of clean comedians. And I mean so good you'd totally not miss dirty jokes. It just turns out dirty comedians are the most popular. Most people enjoy a well-put-together joke, regardless of topic.

Furthermore, most people don't understand the metamorphosis of refreshing jokes. Most jokes start as wonky ideas. Then they get refined. Until comedians think they're good enough, then they audition it before welcoming audiences to gauge reactions. They continue working on it, until it becomes perfect.

If you heard a joke which is still a work in progress, even from a legend, you'd barely let out a giggle, much less an hearty laugh. If it's about a touchy subject matter, like war; audience reactions may even include a few growls.

Bad jokes are just that. Bad jokes. No one wants to be the purveyor of bad jokes, whether before a full crowd at 02 Arena or at a family Thanksgiving dinner.

This censorship will eventually be short lived.

Once upon a time, people were hanged for "heresy": Today, it's losing an endorsement and future work opportunities for "misconduct." In the future, your descendants will look back at you so-called 'arbiters of morality' aka progressives and go; good thing those f*ckers ain't around anymore, huh!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by RCDIY(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

But why do our girls jump at every awoof as if it's their birth right?

A honest question.
She go soon attack you and claim you support rape... cheesy
Re: EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence by ForbesHomesNG(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2019
Rextizzy:
Hilarious! cheesy

The guy talks too much though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Duncan Mighty Writes Okorocha: “I Want To Return The Money You Paid Me,” / Top 5 Most Handsome Bachelors In Nollywood At The Moment / Davido Drunk In Love (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.