Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.first Week In Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.first Week In Camp (821 Views)

Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved / My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.second Week In Camp / My Experience In Katsina Camp As A Borno Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.first Week In Camp by Nahnahvlogs(f): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2019
After I got my bed I searched the different hostel there was Buhari Hostel, Osinbanjo and Danbazau..I kept entering and coming out of these hostels and was confused at which to stay,my friends were tired and so decided we go to the male hostels first,they got settled in after which I opted out for Osinbanjo Hostel Room2.we were 8 in my room I was actually looking for a less crowded room and that was like the minimum number, that night I was seriously tired but I just can't sleep knowing fully well I came to camp and I've heard some stories about it so I went to get water,washed my dirty clothes I've been wearing for the two days I was on the road,had my bath then went ahead to sleep.exactly 4am the biggle sound was made I was so sleepy but had to wake anyways, got ready and then I was wondering where us the mosque around but everyone was going in the same direction until I heard someone say the biggle is for the Christians to go for morning devotion then I saw some persons divert I guess that was the route to the mosque I followed anyways, mind you I was putting on white on white latest white fowl,lol so what will I pray with?I made wudu (ablution) then luckily for me the Amira said to me in one of the nicest and calmest way a person can speak to you, open that box you'll get an hijab and that was it.After prayer we went for morning parade then the morning meditation was said by the PRO this is a daily speech taken by the PRO but the second week platoon by platoon took turns in it. After the morning meditation and the necessary talks,the platoon on duty go for their assigned duties,divided platoons who'll be having lectures would also go and then there's the morning drilling one of the most interesting part of camp,we were all given platoon commandants two officers for each platoon and a man o war officer.The first week wasn't easy because we were all just adapting to the system and by now the OBS Orientation Broadcasting Service already did screening for us, we were asked to come up with program ideas we feel we can handle best and later that day we went to check for our names where it was pasted and yeah I found my name in two different categories the "programming department and the marketing department ".The food wasn't like the ones we ate at home but it was fair enough and guess what I barely went to mammy so take away that mentality that every corp member must be a mammy freak,save and be wise.unlike many I didn't for once have a reason to withdraw at camp the money I went with lasted me and was able to be added up to the tfare that took me to Borno,yes I didn't mention we had to register with Banks, ours was either Access bank/First bank I fell under Access Bank and kept procrastinating until I had to go to town to register when they stopped coming,that was bad of me,so try to do the things you're supposed to and don't be like me.Thanks to the bicycle allowance and transport allowance of #1800&#1400 respectively they helped in a way.I went to camp with the intention that I didn't want to start making friends upandan I have too many friends already and suck at keeping in touch while some aren't even useful so the goal was quality few friends I'm super glad I achieved that.I didn't mention I was doing count down right from when I got in to camp and when the last day came I was so emotional I was going to miss my new friends and that's how life is,"we meet to part and part to meet"let's stop here and continue with the second week.I really tried to remember as much as I could, here us the link to my second week at camp video I hope you enjoy and please subscribe. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYnMzh9-TCc
If you're enjoying the story leave a like/comment below,thank you.
Re: My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.first Week In Camp by Elina123(f): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.first Week In Camp by Marley147: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2019
Following.. Ride on
Re: My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.first Week In Camp by Nahnahvlogs(f): 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2019
Thank you. I wrote it already
My NYSC Experience week two
I hope you enjoy it.
Re: My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.first Week In Camp by billdre: 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2019
Fantastic piece. Please keep us updated as time goes on.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Outgoing Nysc Submit Your Cv At Elite Employees Contest / To All Prospective Corps Members That Have Issues With NYSC Online Registration / Go For Nysc Nationwide Head-count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.