Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved (3863 Views)

Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North / My Nysc Experience As A Borno Corper Camping In Katsina.first Week In Camp / My Experience In Katsina Camp As A Borno Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hello,I am Aishat,a Batch C stream 1 Corp member.I have been getting some questions, people are interested to know more about Borno, serving there and many more so I decided to give updates about my experience so far and throughout my stay there.These are going to be personal experiences which might differ from others(no one should come and start expressing how bitter they are at the comment section) lol and also if there are questions anyone want to ask if I have answers to them,I'll do the needful and answer in the best of my knowledge.
So I'll do a flashback and a summary of the first two weeks I spent there before I went on break.Enjoy,please I'm just an ordinary human living everyday as best as I can,I make mistakes,correct me don't judge.so let's get started.... Wait lemme attach a picture of me smiling maybe that can inspire someone having a bad day to know that no one has it easy but we have to be strong and hopeful always!

6 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by damdam995(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ahhh cheesy borno!
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by blackboy(m): 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
Borno, is that not where some Aid workers were recently killed. Is nysc not a sign of western education? Dear Sister, some ppl like taking risks or know they are Kanuri or from Borno or .. but if you know you have only 1 life to live and have another option why go to Borno? Because of i want to be free or how much alawee? All the best babe. Stay safe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 10:45pm On Dec 19, 2019
Lolll
Thank you for your concerns,I appreciate.
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2019
We got to Borno in the evening after we left Katsina,we didn't leave the day camp closed but instead the next day because there was every possibility of getting to Borno late and we won't be allowed in once its past the time we can come in,we were like eight buses or more filled with corp members. The Catholics had their logde also the Pentecostal Christians, they alighted while we the few left,(the Muslims) we were told we were taken to our lodge but on getting there I found out that was a general logde(the state lodge as it is called) they were Batch B corp members occupying the place already.I had a very stressful journey and was seriously hungry but the food that was given to us made me totally lost appetite (atleast they offered us food).
We were given two mattresses temporarily though we were three female corp members and was told to try and do with that because these mattresses were borrowed, the one's to be given to us wasn't ready.I realised by then that my travelling bag (echolas box) was left at the place we first dropped some persons, I couldn't cry I needed to change my wears and everything was in there, we were not told before we realized how much the mosquitoes there were but still my net wasn't here,I was feasted terribly on,I couldn't sleep with their noise and was just praying for morning to come, my first night was really a bad one.
This state lodge are flats and were occupied by some footballers I guess the state footballers so they got another place for them and decided to give us the place and mind you the accommodation is said to be available to those serving under the state parastatal though not everyone working under the state government is staying there, some working with the ministries too etc.The medical students lodge is different from ours,but side by side each other with a fence demarcating it, theirs (the medical students)is just a room self contain while ours (non medical students) was a flat with two rooms kitchen bathroom and toilet,in these rooms,two to three persons per room while the parlour was three person's in it,mattresses would be given to us,while we get the other needed stuffs for the room ourselves,and also for the medical students they were two to three in their various rooms.
To be cont'd.
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by kenny160: 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
So d tory just start now? I qn following I will read tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 6:43am On Dec 20, 2019
PPA STORY// PLACE OF PRIMARY ASSIGNMENT; This is where you'll be serving your father land for the next one year except if you either got rejected or something happened along the line,corp members are posted to various organizations from private to Government consisting of the local Government state and Federal, if you're lucky you get accommodation alongside an allowance from your PPA else you stick to the #19800 and if your state of deployment gives state allowance you might be lucky just pray it is stable but it varies across states.For Borno a 10k monthly allowance is to be given to the corp members, we Batch C are yet to receive anything sha.

Slowly,morning came and I could see the job of the mosquitoes on my skin,really!what are these.I told everyone who cared to know how rough my night was and I was told my box (travelling bag that was left somewhere)will get to me soon,it was taking time, the other corp members already left to their various PPAs to know their faiths either to be accepted or rejected,around 11am my box came, I got ready asked about the location of my PPA and I was told I also got to know that they barely accepted corp members, always rejecting so I decided in my mind that if I'll be rejected I should be rejected early,so I can go back to the Secretariat and ask for a better and another PPA,mind you all of us came from camp with the intention of leaving back to our various homes as soon as we could because we didn't have clothes to wear except the white on white on camp and few who came with one or two house clothes. I didn't come with any except the one I travelled on, �
To be cont'd.
Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2019
After I wrote extensively already,everything wiped off and I lost vibe of what to write.. I'll cont'd as soon as I can though.thanks to those following up!
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2019
I am angry what I wrote earlier wiped off,but I'll continue.....
MY PPA//PLACE OF PRIMARY ASSIGNMENT
was told my box was found and I'll be getting it by 10/11am,the other corp members left for their various PPAs to submit their letters,I waited till my box came but all this while I asked questions from the Batch B corp members and then I was told how my PPA rejects a lot and some negative stuffs, okay I was sceptical already and made up my mind for whatever comes my way.
I dressed in my 6/7 what consist of the 7/7 is when you put on your full NYSC Kit from your (khaki trouser,cap,belt,created vest, crested boot or jungle boot and also your jacket) but most times we dress without the jacket making it 6/7.with hope in my face I went out and yea there's another barrier,communicating with the locals can be difficult and they make you feel bad if you can't speak Hausa or Kanuri well its of you want to feel bad o,I started speaking Yoruba to them when I get lost amidst the Hausa I can actually hear few,tricycle is what is used majorly here,you won't see bikes around, the roads are also perfectly tarred making it a comfy ride wherever. I tried boarding a tricycle but they couldn't understand where I was going it was until k realised they dong know it as the name I'm calling it so there's a polytechnic just opposite it and once I mentioned the Polytechnic's name I got a keke,got to my PPA and was impressed at the nice structure I saw,I sha went in and I was told to wait that the person to attend to me isn't around,I'll wait.I waited for minutes then the person came and to my disappointment thinking I'll collect my acceptance or rejection letter and know my faith then travel,he said I should come back next week Monday, that was exactly a week,I wanted to travel well I guess I'll have to wait,he was friendly though and he told me the conditions attached that there was no accommodation and also there's no allowance from them,I left and just outside I saw a platoon member who said he came earlier and that he's back to ask the man if it was possible to get it before next Monday,the excuse given was that they wanted to compile it all so it wouldn't be stressful for them,I told the guy not to stress let's just come back,so we walked back to the Secretariat I don't know what we are looking for sef,them he said it was trekkable,me that was hungry before it wasn't funny,well I took some pictures on the road.
Thanks for reading, I'll cont'd
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 21, 2019
Batch C stream 1,,,,still looking for PPA when you didn't relocate

I don't get.

Buh I wish you well

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by BigboysZ(m): 10:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
See below for my comment.
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by BigboysZ(m): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2019
SIR0:
Batch C stream 1,,,,still looking for PPA when you didn't relocate

I don't get.

Buh I wish you well
Yes. It can be like that if you understand how the thing works. You can be posted to a place of primary assignment (PPA) and later rejected. You have to take your rejection letter along to Local Government Secretariat for reposting. Oftentimes, you can look for PPA yourself and if they are willing to accept you, you can get a request letter from them, take it to the LG Secretariat for reposting. Thereafter, you take this letter of reposting to the PPA for proper acceptance and documentation at your LG Secretariat. Then you can discuss further with your employer anything you need to know about the whole job.

Weldone Aishat.
Kind regards,
Ifeoluwa.
A fellow Corp member�

2 Likes

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 11:51am On Dec 22, 2019
Thank you Ife for adding more to what I said�and also explaining better

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
When we got to the Secretariat I saw my two other roommates and asked about their PPAs they were both rejected,loli still don't know my faith still till next week,they were back to the Secretariat to request for another PPA.
At the Secretariat, we were told accommodation would be given that day.
Accommodation//State Lodge
The lodges are at different location within the metropolitan and it is meant for those working with the state, so they say,the medical students have their own separate lodge also and fair enough the lodge is okay.
Going back to the Secretariat there was alady that redeployed to Maiduguri, she is from Abia and even camped there but she decided to come to North East,well we all make decisions for different reasons.
During the week again,we went back to my PPA hoping maybe we would be attended to but I tell you after being delayed we were still asked yo come back,well in a way I survived, till the next week Monday.We went there waited for hours and then we were told the chairman was about going out again,so for a whole week our letters weren't attended to,the man we submitted out letter to said we should take it to someone else so all these while he wasn't the one who would sign it,it was signed and we were accepted. At least now I can travel! So that was it,we wrote our letter for application to travel, you can't travel without permission. After which we were told that we'll be fixed in into various department when we are back from the break and that was it.
Holiday is almost finished by the way,I'll continue back my dairy when I get back to Borno.
Thanks for reading and please ask questions if you have any!thanks.....

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by lilzeel(m): 2:11am On Dec 23, 2019
very helpful thread i must say. am also considering in borno with the aim of serving in an NGO firm. my question is, how is the economy situation of the state, how easy is the place liveable cos i heard mosquitoes and flies are landlord's there and what are the chances of securing a place for ppa in an NGO? thanks..

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2019
Lollllll
The flies are still normal but you see mosquitoes God! I can't explain except you experience it.loll
Corp members are not posted to NGO's, the reason is because most NGO's work in the rural areas and outskirt of Borno so due to the security challenges to avoid story that touch or even blame the Government corp members are within the metropolitan, you could still get a nice PPA and people freelance with NGOs and volunteer, at your own risk though but after service if you work really hard and send CVs around you could be lucky and get a job with an NGO buh while still serving it's not allowed maybe if the NGO should request for you then it's still possible sha. Thanks for reading I hope I answered your questions. And it is live able if you can be careful there's no problem,there's light,water just get mosquito net,repellent etc you'll be fine!!
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Yustash001(m): 7:43am On Dec 25, 2019
Nahnahvlogs:
Thank you Ife for adding more to what I said�and also explaining better
you didn't tell us your state of origin...

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 8:56am On Dec 25, 2019
Lol
What has my state of origin got to do with my state of deployment, okay I'm from Kwara state,Ilorin.
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by jumpampass(m): 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2019
Just let me say the 10k na scam abi?

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 12:13am On Dec 26, 2019
No it's not o,they pay it but either very late or a little bit late,so be optimistic.
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by NathanAnomaly: 7:41am On Dec 26, 2019
Adding plenty pictures will give the story more life.

Add as many pictures of u and your lodge, or the town you were posted to.

Pictures will give life to the story

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Yeah I tried but I was having difficulties with it the reason I couldn't upload them.thank you
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
Yeah,I'll try to.Thank You! I had difficulties with posting pictures earlier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Blessedchild24(m): 1:13am On Dec 28, 2019
morning but pls are their things cheap
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 5:21am On Dec 28, 2019
I haven't really bought stuffs there especially good stuffs,once I'm sure I'll reply you.
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nahnahvlogs:
Hello,I am Aishat,a Batch C stream 1 Corp member.

Wow! It's actually nice to know that some individuals actually stayed back in Borno despite fears instilled by friends and folks... Nice diary you got there... Keep doing the great work. I have missed you guys... Say me well to Pres. Rob, Korede and others... Following the diary back to back.

Your Fellow Compatriot,
Bokolicious BOKO

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Awwn
Boko nice to hear from you, I'll send your regards too.
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 8:00am On Dec 30, 2019
So Guys by the way,I have a new video on my channel on how I make my YouTube videos and some small small advice to intending and new Youtubers.
Please go and watch it,and subscribe also,Thank You!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48hpHaxnVaw

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
Guyss I have come again o�
I have a new video on my YouTube channel talking about 10 skills you need in 2020 and beyond and I bet you,you’ll learn from this video.please go and watch it and please don’t forget to subscribe ❤️❤️❤️God bless!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fq8sYdJrfg
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Blissbath(f): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2020
Pls hw is security in Borno??Boo haram
Nahnahvlogs:
After I wrote extensively already,everything wiped off and I lost vibe of what to write.. I'll cont'd as soon as I can though.thanks to those following up!
Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by Nahnahvlogs(f): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Guys I am back in Borno
There’s a lot to share with you guys I’ll do that once I’m properly settled!!!

1 Like

Re: Dairy Of A Borno Corper||serving In Borno And Everything Involved by engrjosefz(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
I'd follow this thread for updates... Thinking about Borno for Service too...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Medical Fees Refunded By NYSC / 5 Things To Do During Your NYSC Service Year / Sojourn To Yikpata (lost In Kwara)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.