Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! (85165 Views)

Messi Surprises A Blind Boy With Life-changing Glasses / 20 Interesting Facts About Chelsea FC Most Chelsea Fans Don't Know / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by fesdo(m): 5:25am On Dec 03, 2019
Chelsea legend Didier Drogba hosted the Ballon d’Or 2019 awards and was tasked with the responsibility of handing the 2019 Ballon d’Or trophy to Lionel Messi.

The Ivorian took a selfie with Paris Saint-Germain sensation Kylian Mbappe during the Ballon d’Or 2019 awards ceremony on Monday, and what caught the eyes of many is the modest iPhone 6 that’s still being used by the football legend.

https://www.therealchelseafans.com/2019/12/drogbas-iphone-surprises-fans-in-ballon-dor/

'If you can't afford the latest gadget in the market, you are not a failure!'

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by LordAzubuike(f): 6:14am On Dec 03, 2019
fesdo:
Chelsea legend Didier Drogba hosted the Ballon d’Or 2019 awards and was tasked with the responsibility of handing the 2019 Ballon d’Or trophy to Lionel Messi.

Didier Drogba took a selfie with Paris Saint-Germain sensation Kylian Mbappe during the Ballon d'Or 2019 awards ceremony on Monday.
And football fans all over the world immediately took notice of the Ivorian's simple iPhone 6, praising the Chelsea icon for staying modest despite making millions.
'If you can't afford the latest gadget in the market, you are not a failure!'
iPhone 6 or iPhone 11, I see no difference. The makers just dey use brand name/model chop una money.

341 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by yusluvad(m): 6:50am On Dec 03, 2019
Always live the luxury you can afford in multiple units/times/places.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by sweetonugbu: 6:53am On Dec 03, 2019
If na naija girl,she will pay Apple or go to china for iPhone 12.

186 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by chiefolododo(m): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2019
sweetonugbu:
If na naija girl,she will pay Apple or go to china for iPhone 12.
iPhone12 kwe , iPhone 64

165 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by micki1: 7:55am On Dec 03, 2019
Wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 03, 2019
Modric used iPhone 5 when there was iPhone X last year. Drogba uses iPhone 6.

Regina don go Marry her grand papa make she for follow buy iPhone 11.

Surprisingly , a person living in Nigeria cannot use all the features of even iPhone 7 because it's irrelevant to the Nigerian networking system.

They just buy it so that they won't put it in their pocket or so that their Twitter posts will read "... from iPhone"
Everyone talking "phone freak" below pretend they don't understand the Nigerian situation. Wetin average Nigerian babe wey dey kill her guy for the latest iPhone dey carry phone do than to post on Instagram and Twitter , chat on WhatsApp and take pictures under the sun and caption it "sun kissed".

If the thing climb her head she carry am record as she dey shake Nyash or sex tape.

Their father .

544 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by YorubaPrince: 8:31am On Dec 03, 2019
I've always said this... it's ONLY in Nigeria and other poor nations that you see people go crazy over phones and other frivolities. Why? Cuz of extreme poverty. Simple! angry

Of all the senior executives I support at work, none of them owns the latest electronic gadgets or cars yet, they make >$400K annually. undecided

Whereas in a nation like Nigeria where >75% live on <$1 daily (abject poverty), they crave expensive and opulence lifestyles. angry

137 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:31am On Dec 03, 2019
Hmmmmmm, this is deep!

And you will see some people that do not have 0.001% of what Drogba has and they are busy killing their mind and head on how to get the latest Iphone 11, ready to do anything to possess it.

This is a lesson for the wise one.

Modesty is bae!

mujiboy:
I was just talking about this with a colleague yesterday.
The real rich people don’t give a Bleep of what you think about them, they know they got the money.
Doesn’t need to flaunt it!
You've said it all Muji!
Empty barrels make the loudest noise.
You are a wise boy!

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 03, 2019
angry
Like LordAzubuike rightly said, there may not really be much differences between all these models. Just change of model name and a few tweaks here and there.

But that notwithstanding, enjoy your life if you want to. Yes, it may be true that billionaires don't spend much on silly stuffs but they still have some funny habits.

For instance, a few days ago, I read an article on LinkedIn which said that Warren Buffett drinks 5 cans of Coca cola on a daily basis

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Rexnegro(m): 8:32am On Dec 03, 2019
what's wrong with iPhone 6 ? where does the highest iPhone can call that iPhone 6 can not call ? abegi if you understand life and people's decision you will know life is nothing.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by jarkbauer: 8:32am On Dec 03, 2019
Ok but what about his cars, luxury houses, vacation getaways, wristwatches shoes? This does not mean anything at all. He is not just a phone person.

128 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by DrObum(m): 8:32am On Dec 03, 2019
Morale of the story : No do pass yourself

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by DigitalLogic: 8:32am On Dec 03, 2019
space

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by mujiboy(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
I was just talking about this with a colleague yesterday.
The real rich people don’t give a Bleep of what you think about them, they know they got the money.
Doesn’t need to flaunt it!

29 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
Rich people who made their money in a legit way don't give a damn about latest gadget.

Ask Ronaldo what phone he uses and also ask Dangote if his phone is worth over $1000.

I have been using my present phone for the past 2 years now and its still working perfectly so I see no reason why I should change device or upgrade.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by SouthSouth1914: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by shakushakuist(f): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
still hustle o...this does not validate poverty o

grin

51 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by UdyOgwoUde(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
Meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria, people who cannot even afford iPhone 4 are running mad and excreting maggots from their anus coz of iPhone 11pro

13 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Slawormir: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
jarkbauer:
Ok but what about his cars, luxury houses, vacations getaways, wristwatches shoes? This does not mean anything at all. He is not just a phone person.
Damnnnnn niggarrr

You are a real niggarrr

Exactly
It all depends on what you love

As for me i love computers anyday anytime
Especially MacBooks

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Mac2016(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Especially Nigerians, highly materialistic

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by dheaven: 8:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Most Nigerians do not cut their cloths according to their size.

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by mozona(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2019
chaiiiiiiii
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Frankiss44(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2019
You have to understand different people different priorities... Maybe he isn't just a phone freak.. But trust me, there are other luxuries he spends quality money on

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2019
iPhone 6 legbe gbe.

Enjoy Xmas Promo offers and key into this life time Investment opportunity.

Yorkville Estate at Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos.
With good tittle documents.

Currently on Xmas promo of #1.5m

Tittle: Excision.

Proximity to:
- Dangote Refinery
- Free Trade Zone Center
- Lekki Seaport
- La Capaigne Tropicana Beach Resort and lot more

Tel: 07030606959

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by jasmine1600: 8:34am On Dec 03, 2019
The real billionaires always stay humble and modest.
So inspiring.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by jimmyolasun: 8:35am On Dec 03, 2019
now I can use my itel in peace..

Baba God, you are so wonderful for giving me something I can use tackle my oppressors

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Yankee101: 8:35am On Dec 03, 2019
I can't upgrade to a new phone simply because it's available or I can afford it

Here you can buy any phone and pay over 2 years on your mobile plan. So alot of people don't care. The basic functions are the same. You don't need extra pixels in your camera if you're not shooting a feature movie.

I laugh at ladies (and guys) who spend all they have on latest phones. It's a marketing gimmick. You don't need the latest phone. That iphone 6 is multiple times better than the first desktop computer ever built

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football / OFFICIAL: Juventus Unveils Cristiano Ronaldo, New Signing (Photos) / DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.