Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy (35456 Views)

Davido Addresses His Fellow Corpers At Lagos NYSC Camp (Photos) / BBNaija: Tobi Addresses His Relationship With Regina / Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by lalasticlala(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2019
The EU recently dropped Basketmouth from list of celebrity Ambassadors over his 2014 joke which many perceived to be "promoting rape." The comedian has now addressed the controversial joke and his removal from EU ambassadorial list.

Almost every morning in the blogs, on the news, there's a picture of a man sitting on the floor pleading, the caption is usually in the line of 'its the devils handwork' and the topic is from underage defilement, rape or brutality against a woman or minor. I live in this same world with my most prized possessions my wife, my two daughters, my sisters and women who have built me into the man I am.

I was recently presented an opportunity to create awareness on the efforts of the EU to bring support to fighting this scourge, it was a no-brainer for me. I refused any compensation for it and volunteered to lend my voice because....its our fight, it's not for the EU...its for my girls' future.

Unfortunately, a few years ago I shared up a Facebook post that I thought was shedding light through humor to the entitled crude and very present behavioral patterns of some African men who equate spending to sexual favors, but I also realized then that women actually have to face this daily and its harrowing and I deeply apologized for it

I sincerely pray that this does not take away from the most important fight of our lives....the fight to secure our future...because the girl child is our future. I strongly appreciate the EU for this amazing platform to improve our lot, as long as the message reaches the ears of those who need it, then it's a win. To every woman - our mothers, sisters, lovers, wives, crowns, supporters, prayer partners, foundation, life.... thank you for being who you are. So many times you sacrifice who you are for a man to become who he wants to be. It's time we all love and and also support you like you do us....cos in your light, we all shine

Bless.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lRuutlDTh/?hl=en

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Shittaakeem(m): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2019
Ok
FTC angryangry
Nairaland Fun Facts.
">" + ":" + "(" = angry

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by hisexcellency34: 10:33am On Dec 03, 2019
Bros you fvck up big time with that your worwor face...abegi shift!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by 1kbusiness: 10:34am On Dec 03, 2019
See the way the joke he made is haunting him now.

More reason why saying less things can be good at times.
But like someone clearly mentioned, It's his talk that got him this far.

So no worries, he'll get another deal.

Season's Greetings guys. So we are back after a short break.

Get your existing minimalist logo to look like this for just 1k. Yeah, you read that right.
And as a bonus, you'll get your own customized season's greetings post below to carry your own logo and details.
Start sending in your messages today.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by qualityovenbake(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2019
What he said has been taken completely out of context by the media.

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by MackDams(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2019
Lmao! all i can say
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Ogegeodey(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2019
cool Village people no d rest ooo, the guy just jejely crack im joke ooo, village people present am as "joke encouraging rape". Him apologize, dey dig old joke come outside, they coming Evn strip an of him ambassador position.

This one serious oo

5 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:35am On Dec 03, 2019
Words have consequences!

If we all think twice before speaking,
we don't need to come back after many years to start explaining anything to anybody.

Words are just like raw eggs, once it lands on the ground,
It cannot be pick up in one piece again.

Let us be guided in our utterances.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by zubydave(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2019
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by julybaba(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2019
Damage control...
Beware of what you joke with...
We respond to issues in divers ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Chapelbeatz(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2019
wellllllll this sounds like his wife's words.

4 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by emro123(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2019
hmm
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Teewhy2: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2019
words that been said or put in the public domain can't be taken back.
we need to be careful of our actions not to hurt us in the future.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by dfrost: 10:37am On Dec 03, 2019
sad

Losing an endorsement/appointment with EU is not child's play.

Which is why I'm careful about what I post on SM. It comes back to haunt.

Reality check in for Basky... lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by ORIJIN201(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2019
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by baratech: 10:37am On Dec 03, 2019
It's okay
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by aimuan(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2019
Correct man. Next time please be careful of what you post on the internet, the world is watching.

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by nuhu2018(m): 10:38am On Dec 03, 2019
ok
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by SimDan95(m): 10:38am On Dec 03, 2019
Shittaakeem:
Ok FTC angryangry Nairaland Fun Facts. ">" + ":" + "(" = angry
">" + ":" + "(" =
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 03, 2019
Lol.

Una think say all these men wey dey call women evening newspaper for Nairaland dey proud of themselves?

They know it's wrong that's why they do it in a faceless forum. Believe me most satirical, stupid and tribalistic comments you see on Nairaland are from influential people who bare out their mind secretly knowing the price they could pay if their followers actually know.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by SimDan95(m): 10:39am On Dec 03, 2019
Shittaakeem:
Ok FTC angryangry Nairaland Fun Facts. ">" + ":" + "(" = angry
">" + ":" + "("
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Torosk1(m): 10:39am On Dec 03, 2019
Pele

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by dfrost: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2019
1kbusiness:
See the way the joke he made is haunting him now.

More reason why saying less things can be good at times.

Exactly especially with the opposite gender. Before dem go turn am for person head. cry

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by mozona(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2019
hmm.....
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by shadeyinka(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2019
Very matured post and a good follow-up to his last apology.

Words can be powerful when understood or misunderstood.

Either way, watch your words!

3 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by sigidi2: 10:41am On Dec 03, 2019
[s]
post=84580951:
Words have consequences!

If we all think twice before speaking,
we don't need to come back after many years to start explaining anything to anybody.

Words are just like raw eggs, once it lands on the ground,
It cannot be pick up in one piece again.

Let us be guided in our utterances.
[/s]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by ladykolly(f): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2019
Who ever knew his joke of 2014 would fight him back? Most people on this platform should learn from it.
Internet is a good storage system
This life!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Discharges, Acquits Seun Egbegbe After Spending 42 Months In Prison / Rukky Sanda Shares Bikini Pictures To Prove She's Been Aging Gracefully / Osas And Gbenro Set For Their Wedding In Edo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.