Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy (35484 Views)

Davido Addresses His Fellow Corpers At Lagos NYSC Camp (Photos) / BBNaija: Tobi Addresses His Relationship With Regina / Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by ForbesHomesNG(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
qualityovenbake:
What he said has been taken completely out of context by the media.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Jaqenhghar: 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
themonk:

Rape is something, murder is something but a joke is a joke. If I wrote a Novel about rape will you come and arrest me for the behavior of the characters I created? No! Because it is art and not reality. There is a huge difference between advocating for rape and making a joke. What Trump said is worse than the joke basketmouth made and he even apologized what the fuss all about?
...and Trump was held accountable for his words in case you didnt notice. It depends on how you write about rape. You can write glorifying rape. Please do no one will stop you. Na naija now where rape is nothing. They will even hail you. Same way Niggerians were hailing the basketmouth it was EU that dropped him . Dont expect people in sane climes to give you any awards though.

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Jaqenhghar: 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
Born2Breed:

Stop being silly!!!

What is the definition of a joke?

Even if you claim it wasn't a joke, he was informing the world of what an average Nigeria man thinks after spending little money on a woman.
Yeah right
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Jaqenhghar: 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2019
pocohantas:

grin grin
My sister. What I find most baffling is women are also supporting this BS. Wahala dey
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by UrVillagePpl: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2019
Freehuman:
Lol.

Una think say all these men wey dey call women evening newspaper for Nairaland dey proud of themselves?

They know it's wrong that's why they do it in a faceless forum. Believe me most satirical, stupid and tribalistic comments you see on Nairaland are from influential people who bare out their mind secretly knowing the price they could pay if their followers actually know.
It would surprise u to know that Rita Dominic is on nairaland
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
UrVillagePpl:

It would surprise u to know that Rita Dominic is on nairaland

You know her moniker?
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by pocohantas(f): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

My sister. What I find most baffling is women are also supporting this BS. Wahala dey

Na pick-me dey worry some of them. Anything to be counted as wife material. grin
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by themonk(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

...and Trump was held accountable for his words in case you didnt notice. It depends on how you write about rape. You can write glorifying rape. Please do no one will stop you. Na naija now where rape is nothing. They will even hail you. Same way Niggerians were hailing the basketmouth it was EU that dropped him . Dont expect people in sane climes to give you any awards though.
Trump was held accountable by him becoming president? Lol, you're a joker.

EU never said they dropped basket mouth and basketmouth never said EU dropped him. You know the thing with Nigerians is you guys don not have the skill of discernment, you just talk what you think the next person will want to hear so you can feel powerful when they agree with you. Do you crosscheck facts before you talk about them ever? People have written worse things in Novels and they are celebrated as great authors.

The real issue is why is the legal age for marriage in Nigeria 11 years, it is rape to marry an 11 year old person and that is happening in a large scale in Nigeria yet you are bothered about jokes. You Guys will shut up in face of reality and argue about jokes.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by themonk(m): 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2019
pocohantas:

Na pick-me dey worry some of them. Anything to be counted as wife material. grin
Or maybe it's just her opinion?
A woman cannot have an opinion that is different from what the society expects her to have?

The crab mentality.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by pocohantas(f): 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
themonk:

Or maybe it's just her opinion?
A woman cannot have an opinion that is different from what the society expects her to have? The crab mentality.

Read again, you would see the SOME. That is if you are not in a hurry to attack.

themonk:

Even the some you should assume it's their honest opinion.

Indeed.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by themonk(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
pocohantas:

Read again, you would see the SOME. That is if you are not in a hurry to attack.
Even the some you should assume it's their honest opinion.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Bluntemperor: 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Dear European Union(E U),on behalf of our brother Basket Mouth(though iv never met him before), please,give him a second chance,for he has admitted his mistakes and concluded that a girl today will be a woman tomorrow and without them we(men) can't shine.This is true talk.What he said(2004) then was wrong and admittedly has apologized to you,the women and the world as a whole.Since to erred is human and to forgive is Divine,let this Cup pass him by.
Yours is a Great Entity of Europeans,join together and bound by common values of love,democracy,life,respect and defense of people all over the World,irrespective of race or colours.
Look forward to recall him and serves as a lesson to all of us.
God bless the European Union
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Jaqenhghar: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
themonk:

Trump was held accountable by him becoming president? Lol, you're a joker.

EU never said they dropped basket mouth and basketmouth never said EU dropped him. You know the thing with Nigerians is you guys don not have the skill of discernment, you just talk what you think the next person will want to hear so you can feel powerful when they agree with you. Do you crosscheck facts before you talk about them ever? People have written worse things in Novels and they are celebrated as great authors.

The real issue is why is the legal age for marriage in Nigeria 11 years, it is rape to marry an 11 year old person and that is happening in a large scale in Nigeria yet you are bothered about jokes. You Guys will shut up in face of reality and argue about jokes.
We are talking rape you are talking of legal age of 11. Marriage at age 11 is allowed because na so una want am. Same way you people endorse rape. The reason this is now an issue is because it affected his relationship with EU. If EU was a Niggerian body Im sure no one will talk about it. As for the Trump issue maybe you need to do a little research and then maybe you will inderstand why his case is a little grey.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Younowhat3214: 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2019
see below
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by themonk(m): 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

We are talking rape you are talking of legal age of 11. Marriage at age 11 is allowed because na so una want am. Same way you people endorse rape. The reason this is now an issue is because it affected his relationship with EU. If EU was a Niggerian body Im sure no one will talk about it. As for the Trump issue maybe you need to do a little research and then maybe you will inderstand why his case is a little grey.
Marrying an 11 years old is rape everywhere else in the world except Nigeria, do your research. It is legal to rape an 11 years old in Nigeria that is what we should be worried about and not some joke.

There is nothing Grey about Trumps issue I followed it up, except you know anything I don't.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Jaqenhghar: 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2019
themonk:

Marrying an 11 years old is rape everywhere else in the world except Nigeria, do your research. It is legal to rape an 11 years old in Nigeria that is what we should be worried about and not some joke.

There is nothing Grey about Trumps issue I followed it up, except you know anything I don't.
Mr. Man there is nothing you Niggerians dont joke about, make excuses for, make light of or try to pass off as right
Stealing is sharpness, rape is always the victim's fault. Even things like police brutality you laugh about it so who is surprised that peadophelia is allowed? Only problem is when some of you go abroad and are called out for your foolishness then we have people like you who are outraged that the world finds what you consider a norm offensive.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by dfrost: 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
themonk:

What counts against him? people who cannot tell a joke apart. Go and watch George carlin or Dave Chappell they have said way way worse things than him and smart people know it's all jokes. All these Social justice Warriors and highly sensitive people should please calm down, the guy made a joke. Only an idiot will be influenced by that and for crying out loud he apologized.

I did not see where he said he was fired, do you have concrete evidence or just what bloggers think?

themonk calm down. Haba, aren't we having a civil discussion? No hyperventilate on the matter too much.

I was referring that his jokes count on him, lewd as it sounded. How can you.play with rape issue?

I'm saying losing an EU appointment is a big thing. Tomorrow, he might not be the next big thing in the comedy industry and that's where the EU appointment/experience comes into play.

Calm down, please. E no reach to raise voice. Shalom brother.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by themonk(m): 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Mr. Man there is nothing you Niggerians dont joke about, make excuses for, make light of or try to pass off as right
Stealing is sharpness, rape is always the victim's fault. Even things like police brutality you laugh about it so who is surprised that peadophelia is allowed? Only problem is when some of you go abroad and are called out for your foolishness then we have people like you who are outraged that the world finds what you consider a norm offensive.
Oga, I never said rape was right. Even in America comedians make jokes about it and nothing happens, have you listened to George Carlin or Dave Chappell. Police brutality against blacks happen on a much larger scale than in Nigeria here, You talk like you have lived abroad but these things are oblivious to you, Americans are smart they go after the real things and not jokes about it, there is someone somewhere raping an 11 year old kid every night in the name of marriage and you are here bothered about a joke. Nobody can marry an 11 year old kid in USA and not go to jail but tell me who has ever told a joke about rape and went to jail in USA?

Misplaced priorities.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Gerrard59(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
Freehuman:
Lol.

Una think say all these men wey dey call women evening newspaper for Nairaland dey proud of themselves?

They know it's wrong that's why they do it in a faceless forum. Believe me most satirical, stupid and tribalistic comments you see on Nairaland are from influential people who bare out their mind secretly knowing the price they could pay if their followers actually know.

grin

Which is why very few people if not no one should know you beyond your NL moniker. Let them know just that you are a Nlder.

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Kay512: 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2019
SimDan95:

">" + ":" + "(" =
angry
Remove the + and quotes.
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by chewwie(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
Simple, fork the EU. They're a bunch of shitheads. These left wing Twitter mob did the same to Kevin Hart, it's a joke? Where's our sense of humor. Basket, crack any kind joke you wan crack, it's your free speech right! If you talk you die, you don't talk you die, so just talk and die
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by chewwie(m): 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

No mainstream comedian in Nigeria advocates for rape, stealing, pedophilia or police brutality. They are COMIDIANS! THEY TELL JOKES! People like you are always looking to be offended by something.
If a girl is raped under circumstances that she could have prevented, like not walking alone in dark lonely road at night unprotected or not going to a boy's hostel semi clad, then yes, she's at fault, but so is the rapist
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Jaqenhghar: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
chewwie:

No mainstream comedian in Nigeria advocates for rape, stealing, pedophilia or police brutality. They are COMIDIANS! THEY TELL JOKES! People like you are always looking to be offended by something.
If a girl is raped under circumstances that she could have prevented, like not walking alone in dark lonely road at night unprotected or not going to a boy's hostel semi clad, then yes, she's at fault, but so is the rapist
Fortunately this shithole logic only makes sense in the shithole where you reside and should spend the rest of your life. Id like to see you come out here and try that shít and stand before a judge to explain why a girl moving aroundsemi clad is justification for you to rape her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by 3plechief: 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
EMBARRASSING.
so he finally grovels at the feet of social justice warriors.
it is a JOKE people. If you don't get the joke, the rest of us do. He is in no way endorsing rape just like the movies and video games do not endorse violence.
Please get a noble cause to burn out your manufactured outrage on;Trying to censor JOKEs is just petty. angry
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by 3plechief: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Rape is not that deep. SMH
I don't understand stand you. Please did he rape someone on stage ?
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Jaqenhghar: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
3plechief:

I don't understand stand you. Please did he rape someone on stage ?
Ask me again
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by VolvoS60(m): 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
themonk:

EU never said they dropped basket mouth and basketmouth never said EU dropped him. You know the thing with Nigerians is you guys don not have the skill of discernment, you just talk what you think the next person will want to hear so you can feel powerful when they agree with you.

^^^
So... was he dropped or not?
Re: Basketmouth Addresses His Rape Joke And The EU Ambassadorial Controversy by Legendguru: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fake Boluwatife Balogun Tweet Created By Supposed Davido Fan To Discredit Wizkid / Davido Involved In An Accident, Damaged His Chevrolet Camaro / Chinedu Ikedieze (AKI) Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.