Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him (35891 Views)

Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti / EURO2020: Mourinho Appreciated Chiellini's Foul On Saka / Alisson Becker Wins Yachine Trophy At Ballon D'or In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by anonymous1759(m): 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
m140:

Keep decieving your sef, no one says Ronaldo should win this year , its VVD, last year CR7. Messi doesn't earn it on merit same to modric, dem just dey beef cr7, use less club president and football governing body. if you blind am not.

Bitter people. blatter was accused of liking Messi, now Infatino is Biased. Blatter hated Ronaldo but he has 5 Balon d'or. You people should go and sleep. On individual performance last year Messi was better than CR7 and Modric.
The thing that limited Messi was UCL and world cup. Check their stats before you start boiling.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Olusola101990: 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2019
chiellini should just shut the hell up and face his juve Carrier...I don't ave any problem with people saying VVD should ave won....fine he was good last season and even if he had won he deserved it. en same is messi...messi was head and shoulder ahead of every attacker in Europe last season....either of the two is qualified for the award ...but messi won cos one of them must win and not the two and it was obvious the voters preferred messi with votes...but someone coming here to say Ronaldo deserves the award just sounds annoying even sadio mane was far better than CR7 last....will we pls just leave sentiment and accept Ronaldo doesn't deserve to b in the film this season....either VVD and Messi deserves it en messi happened to win ...his stats are there for all to see....an outstanding one!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Olusola101990: 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
eni4real:

If Rakitic win the "World best Playmaker", I will say Yes he deserves the Ballon d'or
Also, if Rakitic win the "World cup golden ball" , I will say Yes he deserves the Ballon d'or!!!

Modric teach Ronaldo one lesson: he should go back to his Playmaking self again... "Football is not about being a mere goal scorer"..

Modric:" I dedicate this award to many great players who play away from goal who had great years in the past but could not win it, Schneider, Xavi, Iniesta etc.. This award shows that sometimes football is not all about scoring goals"
. well said bro...u can't just stay upfront en expect to get final balls and do nting in the game build up....Ronaldo focused on only one thing en the other aspect his just so average if nt below average....if he had benn great in other aspects maib he won't be sitting the bench in juve by now cos he will still have a weapon in which few can better him in...but ones baba is nt scoring then he vanishes from the game and doesn't ave much impact...even his dribbling skills ain't there anymore...his shooting precision has been poor...wat does that tel us....in tells us one thing " CR7 is nt really has talented naturally has most of us thinks "...all wat he achieved was as a result of spending hours practicing and working hard on his scoring ability...other aspect of the game he never looked into....the training paid OFF for years and that's y he will always be since as a legend too...but the fact is sometimes u won't score and its ur input in games that will bring the goal for ur team...does he have such input... I bet its a NO!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by E2000: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
gurunlocker:
But foolish Ronaldo fans are blaming Messi that came 5th for Ronaldo loss of Ballon D'or last year? grin

Even comparing stat of this year with Ronaldo stat.... Wetin con concern Messi?
you are very stupid.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2019
Devops:
No body is underating any defender. Vigil was good no doubt. But no player came close to Messi last season on individual performance. Do you know what 5x UEFA player of the week means??
By the way no body pays to come watch a defender play
your last line shows why it ll take another twenty years for a defender to reach top 3 again... this is why many of you underrated Mikel obi for years... look at caf awards aubamayang is making top ten 10 ahead of ndidi why for scoring goals despite not doing anything for country.. you guys clearly underate defenders....
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Legendguru: 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2019
Talk is too cheap
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Insectkiller: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
Chiellini actually made a point..
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Czartega(m): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
drips8:
"Claims".

That's all he can do.

The reality is

Waka grin
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by pacespot(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ronaldo always has his teammates greasing his ego wherever he is, the same thing Marcello did for him in real madrid, chellini is doing it now in juve.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
einsteine:

Again, this is just rubbish.

There is no criteria, so you can stop shifting goal post. Sneijder won a treble including the UCL plus top scorer at a World Cup where he reached final yet Messi whose team was eliminated 0-4 by Germany won it, so just stop all that talk about UCL.

The awards are based on voting and voters based on who they like or who the media or authorities convince or cajole them to vote in a particular year.

There are people who voted Riyad Mahrez, does that mean Mahrez is the best.

Point is, it is an election and like in any election, the best candidate may or may not win.
All football bodies elected Modric as the best...

Even Modric won the "World best Playmaker"... an award that Ronaldo has never been nominated for..

He won everything in 2018!!!

Ronaldo was not even close...

World cup golden ball is the reason why Modric was better than Ronaldo in 2018!!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Cajal(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
[quote author=Davida33 post=84607352]Ronaldo will win it next year when Juve win the Champions league.[/quote..]..DYBALA HAS SUPPLANTED HIM
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Numerouno94(m): 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Beverlyjean:

How is this hatred ...that's y people like u cant grow ....is there anything there that's not facts ... Hatred is cheating someone off what he deserves and people like u will support it
Ur hatred for Messi is so obvious nd its bad. Ur always against Messi in any thread abt Messi Or Ronaldo.
I'm a man u fan. Thus, i lyk Ronaldo. Buh i prefer Messi to him cos to me Messi is a beta player. Buh my luv for Messi will neva make me hate Ronaldo. Why shuld i even hate Ronaldo? It doesnt make sense.... Stop hatin on sum1 who doesn't knw of ur existence..

Note:i only login on nairaland to hv fun wen am free or bored. I hv achieved alot in my life nd i will achieve more dear.i'm a successful guy. Not all nairalanders re poor or jobless....

I dnt hv anytin against u. I only dnt lyk d way ur always hatin on Messi..
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Mikeangelo0433: 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2019
CrestMan:

After this your long speech, Messi is still the GOAT! Ask Modric and Van dirk grin
No mind dem jare. No matter how lizard do pressup reach e no fit get muscle reach Crocodile
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by truehero(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
The moral of the lesson is that, all this while, that is the same way Madrid rubbed others for ronaldo too.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Smartay(m): 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2019
Davida33:
Ronaldo will win it next year when Juve win the Champions league.
I laugh u in Portuguese language
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Deewhy19: 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2019
ominilongest:
with that stupid sarri wey dey use bentacur, khedira, can, ahead of RAMSEY,PJANIC,RABIOT...very sloppy mildfield angry
it isn't sarri that brought all this midfielders most of them are from free transfer bro
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Deewhy19: 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
ibnlawal:

The message is also to Messi, he didn't attend last year's edition too....It goes both ways. Modric is one intelligent fucker.
Anyways, Madrid didn't influence sh*t, its just conspiracy theory.
Congratulations to Messi, its deserved.
Messi isn't in top 3 in last year award so he may not come because of that
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Playermayweda(m): 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
ominilongest:
with that stupid sarri wey dey use bentacur, khedira, can, ahead of RAMSEY,PJANIC,RABIOT...very sloppy mildfield angry

i thought i was the only one seeing this, most sensible thing said this night
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by wakaawaka(m): 5:00am On Dec 05, 2019
[b][/b]This is Modric's best assist of his lifetime.
drips8:
"Claims".

That's all he can do.

The reality is
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Equity15(m): 8:04am On Dec 05, 2019
NtoAkwaIbom:
How exactly ?
Ronaldo is good no doubt, but we all have to leave sentiments aside and agree to the fact that this year was just not his year,
Look at the statistics... Messi surpases him in all ramifications, so what then is the bases by which he would have won the Ballon d or ?

please learn to read.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 8:38am On Dec 05, 2019
anonymous1759:

Bitter people. blatter was accused of liking Messi, now Infatino is Biased. Blatter hated Ronaldo but he has 5 Balon d'or. You people should go and sleep. On individual performance last year Messi was better than CR7 and Modric.
The thing that limited Messi was UCL and world cup. Check their stats before you start boiling.
He for give the whole thing to messi na. Bros cr7 na strong guy , forget shit , it's not easy setting in different league with totally different players and be performing, e easy. Cr7 never came to a ac without recording a goal. Cr7 is the best in ucl.
Tell me the stat, cus I cant see any stat
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2019
IgweBUIKE1:
pls face front joor...you know nothing about soccer.. some of you think that scoring fifty goals and winning trophy transcend to been the best... FYI Ronaldo is the world best that have won the award base on the sentiment of winning the champions league and scoring goal's with zero work rate
Work rate, cr7 goals ain't easy ooo, bros, when Madrid ain't playing without him can you see the difference. He speeds up a team. How you dey watch your ball.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 8:41am On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Modric won the UCL in 2018 remember.. Bale fired then to the trophy....
Modric took it to another level when he win the World cup golden ball...
The only Real Madrid player to win that in this century since Zidane!!!
A typical barca fans and messi as licker
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

A typical barca fans and messi as licker

Modric in 2018:

World best Playmaker award winner
World cup golden ball winner
UEFA best midfielder
UEFA best player award winner
FIFA best player award winner
Ballon d'or winner
Goal 50 winner..

5 Different bodies agreed that Modric was the best..

I guess they are all Barcelona fans too!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by IgweBUIKE1(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

Work rate, cr7 goals ain't easy ooo, bros, when Madrid ain't playing without him can you see the difference. He speeds up a team. How you dey watch your ball.
same goals other players like aguero score effortlessly... Ronaldo is just overhype
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Equity15(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
2012 Messi is the highest level of football... No player has ever been better than that, not even 1959 Pele!
and please, what makes it the highest level for both football and messi?
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by anonymous1759(m): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

He for give the whole thing to messi na. Bros cr7 na strong guy , forget shit , it's not easy setting in different league with totally different players and be performing, e easy. Cr7 never came to a ac without recording a goal. Cr7 is the best in ucl.
Tell me the stat, cus I cant see any stat

See the stats

1European Golden boot 2 most assist 3play marker award 4 pichichi 5 Laliga 6 Spanish super cup 7 copa Del rey 8 copa de classico 9 most free kicks 10 most man of the match award. Give me CR7 and Modric stats on person achievement. Yet Messi came 5th and didn't say a Word you guys should go and sleep.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2019
Equity15:
and please, what makes it the highest level for both football and messi?
Guinness world record for most goals scored in a season 73, and most goals scored in a year, 91!!!

91 goals, 26 assists...

Highest level of output by any individual player in history!!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Equity15(m): 11:39am On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Guinness world record for most goals scored in a season 73, and most goals scored in a year, 91!!!

91 goals, 26 assists...

Highest level of output by any individual player in history!!!!
lol!! exactly the answer I wanted. so you can see that in football only Goals matters. intact, I'll screenshot this so I can remind you anytime y'all start the rubbish of ronaldo being just a goal poacher to console yourselves.

BTW,, W/O goals, nobody! I repeat nobody will remember messi, he if likes he should makes 50,000 career assist and dribbles. FIN

1 Like

Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by gibzzhd: 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2019
And who did Ronaldo and Juventus robe to win Seria A player of last season?
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Equity15:
lol!! exactly the answer I wanted. so you can see that in football only Goals matters. intact, I'll screenshot this so I can remind you anytime y'all start the rubbish of ronaldo being just a goal poacher to console yourselves.

BTW,, W/O goals, nobody! I repeat nobody will remember messi, he if likes he should makes 50,000 career assist and dribbles. FIN
Messi is not a mere goal scorer...

That is why he won the World best Playmaker award, 4 times!!!

Even if Guinness award Messi for highest goal ever in a season...
. Another body, is awarding him for awards that should be normally won by midfielders...

Playmaking is the reason why Ronaldo is not as good as Messi overall..

Anybody can score a lot of goals, Jamie Vary Lewandoski, now Immobile are leading goals chart in top 5 Europe but they are not as good as Mane... who offer more!!!

That us the challenge Ronaldo keep having with Messi... If his team does not win trophies, he rarely win awards.. Even if his team win trophies, he does not win tournaments best players... He has constraint himself to goalpoaching...

If only goals matter, Lewandoski should win 2019 Ballon d'or
. And Harry Kane should win 2017 Ballon d'or!!!

Messi offer so much more...

It's like comparing Zico with Van Basten!! !
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
Equity15:

That means, nobody will remember Ronaldinho because he doesn't score many goals??

We are talking about magic...
. Ronaldinho is entertainment
Messi is dribbling and Playmaking!! You can't forget players like that...

Goal poachers have expiry date... I am not talking about Ronaldo tho.. He can do more than goal poaching... But he constraint himself to mere goal scoring and that method has not been working as usual since Modric!!!

If you watch 2008 Ronaldo, you will know that Cristiano could have been a better player than he is right now!!! He lost so many skill set!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) / Vincent Enyeama And Son Playing Football Game (Photo) / John Obi Mikel Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.