Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,645 members, 7,851,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him (35898 Views)

Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti / EURO2020: Mourinho Appreciated Chiellini's Foul On Saka / Alisson Becker Wins Yachine Trophy At Ballon D'or In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
van dijk ought to be the right winner except you are saying defenders shouldnt win awards only goal scorers should...
Mane>> VVD in 2019!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2019
Jokerman:

Oh you remember Abi grin
Is that not rude.??

Imagine if Messi said: "I can see that some people from Juventus are not here, may be De ligt should tell us why". How will that sound??
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Pele,the Great One..

Played for only one major club,Santos FC,throughout his illustrious career..

Messi doesn't have to go ANYWHERE to prove ANYTHING.. shocked
Pele spent 19 seasons in Santos...
Messi is just on his 15 seasons...

People are really impatient...

Messi has a target.. He may not win World Cup like Pele.. But he is coming for Pele's individual goals record in 2020... He is very close now...

30 goals remain for club goals
7 goals remain for National team goals!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
your last line shows why it ll take another twenty years for a defender to reach top 3 again... this is why many of you underrated Mikel obi for years... look at caf awards aubamayang is making top ten 10 ahead of ndidi why for scoring goals despite not doing anything for country.. you guys clearly underate defenders....
But Ngolo Kante won the PFA player award ahead of Hazard in 2017!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
Numerouno94:

Ur hatred for Messi is so obvious nd its bad. Ur always against Messi in any thread abt Messi Or Ronaldo.
I'm a man u fan. Thus, i lyk Ronaldo. Buh i prefer Messi to him cos to me Messi is a beta player. Buh my luv for Messi will neva make me hate Ronaldo. Why shuld i even hate Ronaldo? It doesnt make sense.... Stop hatin on sum1 who doesn't knw of ur existence..

Note:i only login on nairaland to hv fun wen am free or bored. I hv achieved alot in my life nd i will achieve more dear.i'm a successful guy. Not all nairalanders re poor or jobless....

I dnt hv anytin against u. I only dnt lyk d way ur always hatin on Messi..
Beverly needs to watch the highlights of Zico, Cruyff, Eusebio and Van Basten.. before he can distinguish between the qualities of Messi and Ronaldo!!!

Send those study materials to him.. He needs to learn!! grin
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

He for give the whole thing to messi na. Bros cr7 na strong guy , forget shit , it's not easy setting in different league with totally different players and be performing, e easy. Cr7 never came to a ac without recording a goal. Cr7 is the best in ucl.
Tell me the stat, cus I cant see any stat
Pele spent 19 seasons in Santos
Messi has only spent 15 seasons in Barcelona..

His ways are not Ronaldo's ways and vice versa..

He is targeting Pele now.. Forget the World cup trophies (Pele will not win them without Gilmar, Didi, Nilton and Djalmar Santos, Garrincha, Gerson, Rivelinho, Jarzinho, Carlos Alberto, Tostao, etc who are all time best players.. Lucky right?)

Messi is just 30 goals to match Pele's Santos record

7goals to match the national team goals...

Messi is focusing on the big picture..

Ronaldo style is common, leave one club after enjoying assists from 'many assisters', they start becoming selfish or start growing wings then, you feel disrespected and choose another great club and the cycles continue...
From one group of assisters to another group of assisters.. Why not? He will score many goals of course.. Especially in the UCL!!
Just that Juventus has many stubborn head who don't want to serve Ronaldo, as soon as they agreed to be his assisters, more goals will happen. ..
It is not that difficult to score in SerieA tho, Immobile of Lazio has 17 goals already, most in Europe top 5 League!!

What Ronaldo need are assisters and he keep getting them from one big clubs to another till they expire and he move to the next club...

That should not be a good measure of greatness!!

If these Juventus guy start pitying Ronaldo because of the Ballon d'or issue, and decide to become his assisters instead of scoring goals themselves, you will see how things are going to turn around...
Unfortunately, Ronaldo will beat his chest and claim he did it himself..
I won 5 UCL, I won Euro etc... I think Ronaldo's teammates just want to be themselves and does not want Ronaldo to take credits for their hardwork!!

Messi is similar to Pele in career..

Ronaldo career moves is similar to any player that graduate from a less privileged academy like Sporting Lisbon.. They have to keep moving from one big team to another just like Figo and Nani did!!! Serial winners?? Yes..

But that does not measure greatness!!!!

Don't ask me how many Ballon d'or Nani won, we know that Ronaldo is a historic player but his participation in different big clubs will never make him better than players (Pele, Messi) who rule the world from their kingdoms!!!

There is nothing like comfort zone especially when you have most Ballon d'or in history!!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:

Pele spent 19 seasons in Santos
Messi has only spent 15 seasons in Barcelona..

His ways are not Ronaldo's ways and vice versa..

He is targeting Pele now.. Forget the World cup trophies (Pele will not win them without Gilmar, Didi, Nilton and Djalmar Santos, Garrincha, Gerson, Rivelinho, Jarzinho, Carlos Alberto, Tostao, etc who are all time best players.. Lucky right?)

Messi is just 30 goals to match Pele's Santos record

7goals to match the national team goals...

Messi is focusing on the big picture..

Ronaldo style is common, leave one club after enjoying assists from 'many assisters', they start becoming selfish or start growing wings then, you feel disrespected and choose another great club and the cycles continue...
From one group of assisters to another group of assisters.. Why not? He will score many goals of course.. Especially in the UCL!!
Just that Juventus has many stubborn head who don't want to serve Ronaldo, as soon as they agreed to be his assisters, more goals will happen. ..
It is not that difficult to score in SerieA tho, Immobile of Lazio has 17 goals already, most in Europe top 5 League!!

What Ronaldo need are assisters and he keep getting them from one big clubs to another till they expire and he move to the next club...

That should not be a good measure of greatness!!

If these Juventus guy start pitying Ronaldo because of the Ballon d'or issue, and decide to become his assisters instead of scoring goals themselves, you will see how things are going to turn around...
Unfortunately, Ronaldo will beat his chest and claim he did it himself..
I won 5 UCL, I won Euro etc... I think Ronaldo's teammates just want to be themselves and does not want Ronaldo to take credits for their hardwork!!

Messi is similar to Pele in career..

Ronaldo career moves is similar to any player that graduate from a less privileged academy like Sporting Lisbon.. They have to keep moving from one big team to another just like Figo and Nani did!!! Serial winners?? Yes..

But that does not measure greatness!!!!

Don't ask me how many Ballon d'or Nani won, we know that Ronaldo is a historic player but his participation in different big clubs will never make him better than players (Pele, Messi) who rule the world from their kingdoms!!!

There is nothing like comfort zone especially when you have most Ballon d'or in history!!!!
Messi is after pele's record, how he wan meet am at his age no WC, no copa. And did you just say 15 years , bro no be small years ooo. Again messi didn't play with ronaldinho, xavi,I nest a, villa, Suarez, busquet, Henry, zlatan, alves,puyol, a lot of gud players. Again are you telling messi single handedly won trophies for barca, you must be joking, he did his part. Greatness is when you sit in one club , one league, no national trophy. Bros, messi no sabi outside barca. Forget the rest.

1 Like

Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

Messi is after pele's record, how he wan meet am at his age no WC, no copa. And did you just say 15 years , bro no be small years ooo. Again messi didn't play with ronaldinho, xavi,I nest a, villa, Suarez, busquet, Henry, zlatan, alves,puyol, a lot of gud players. Again are you telling messi single handedly won trophies for barca, you must be joking, he did his part. Greatness is when you sit in one club , one league, no national trophy. Bros, messi no sabi outside barca. Forget the rest.
World cup is a team trophy.. .
Even Griezmann won the World cup and he is not as good as Messi!!!

He no sabi but he won the World cup golden ball just like Cruyff who didn't win any international trophy too..

I guess Cruyff no sabi, only Nani and Eder sabi since na dem be MVPs of finals! !!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
World cup is a team trophy.. .
Even Griezmann won the World cup and he is not as good as Messi!!!

He no sabi but he won the World cup golden ball just like Cruyff who didn't win any international trophy too..

I guess Cruyff no sabi, only Nani and Eder sabi since na dem be MVPs of finals! !!
So laliga and ucl is won single handedly by messi bah. That guy is only good in barca shirt, cruyff played with good players and never won the WC , that his problem. R9 won trophies for club and country not even a club oooo . Pele Maradona did same for club and country. You here arguing a player who is only better in barca shirt

1 Like

Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
anonymous1759:

See the stats

1European Golden boot 2 most assist 3play marker award 4 pichichi 5 Laliga 6 Spanish super cup 7 copa Del rey 8 copa de classico 9 most free kicks 10 most man of the match award. Give me CR7 and Modric stats on person achievement. Yet Messi came 5th and didn't say a Word you guys should go and sleep.
So .... you wan argue last year again bah. Bro forget am it's so glaring, am sure you were part of those that says we are tired of cr7 and messi winning it cus you dont want cr7 win it. This one VVD deserves it more than any of those players. Where it matters most last season for barca messi couldn't do anything,
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
IgweBUIKE1:
same goals other players like aguero score effortlessly... Ronaldo is just overhype
Same with messi, he had a tapin against liverpool last season he should have scored it. If it were cr7 we no go hear word.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:

Modric in 2018:

World best Playmaker award winner
World cup golden ball winner
UEFA best midfielder
UEFA best player award winner
FIFA best player award winner
Ballon d'or winner
Goal 50 winner..

5 Different bodies agreed that Modric was the best..

I guess they are all Barcelona fans too!!!
Tell for champions league last two seasons how modric was better than cr7 ,
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

Tell for champions league last two seasons how modric was better than cr7 ,
Ronaldo was the best forward!!!

Modric was the best midfielder, you can't compare!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Ronaldo was the best forward!!!

Modric was the best midfielder, you can't compare!!!
See, if cr7 wins do you like it?
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by anonymous1759(m): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

So .... you wan argue last year again bah. Bro forget am it's so glaring, am sure you were part of those that says we are tired of cr7 and messi winning it cus you dont want cr7 win it. This one VVD deserves it more than any of those players. Where it matters most last season for barca messi couldn't do anything,

Lol you didn't give me the stat.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
anonymous1759:

Lol you didn't give me the stat.
It's not old game, we both watch it ....
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

So laliga and ucl is won single handedly by messi bah. That guy is only good in barca shirt, cruyff played with good players and never won the WC , that his problem. R9 won trophies for club and country not even a club oooo . Pele Maradona did same for club and country. You here arguing a player who is only better in barca shirt
How many UCL did R9 and Maradona won??
How many UCL did Pele won??

Cruyff did not win any international trophy but he still the European GOAT even ahead of Franz Beckenbauer and Gerd Muller who won the World cup

Drogba did not win any international trophy and he still the Ivorian GOAT ahead of Yaya Toure!!

Pele had best teammates.. that could win the '62 World cup without him... Can you imagine that?? He was injured after 1 match but Garrincha still took Brazil team to win the World cup..

Pele never won the World cup by himself...
. He never won the World cup golden more than once (even Jarzinho deserves the one he won)!!!

R9 has best teammate in 21st century, so no big deal!! Even if he switched off like against England , Rivaldo and Ronaldinho will step up..

Cristiano was a handicap when Portugal faced a more talented France, but the team won courtesy Eder goal.. .

Kanu did not win any international trophy, he was a 'miss penalty' against Cameroon but Sunday Mba won in his time..
Can we say Sunday Mba is better than Kanu
. Or Victor Moses is better than Kanu??

Messi, like Cruyff, is a World Cup golden ball winner.. The is the highest individual award at national team level..

The fact that team trophy elude them is not their fault.. Just that the Germans(in both cases) deserves it more in the final...

Messi 6 Ballon d'or, 6 FIFA best award, 6 Golden shoe, 4 World best Playmaker, speak for itself!!!!

Individually he is the best ever, only Pele come close!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:

Cruyff did not win any international trophy but he still the European GOAT even ahead of Franz Beckenbauer and Gerd Muller who won the World cup

Drogba did not win any international trophy and he still the Ivorian GOAT ahead of Yaya Toure!!

Pele had best teammates.. that could win the '62 World cup without him... Can you imagine that?? He was injured after 1 match but Garrincha still took Brazil team to win the World cup..

. He never won the World cup golden more than once (even Jarzinho deserves the one he won)!!!

R9 has best teammate in 21st century, so no big deal!! Even if he switched off like against England , Rivaldo and Ronaldinho will step up..

Cristiano was a handicap when Portugal faced a more talented France, but the team won courtesy Eder goal.. .

Kanu did not win any international trophy, he was a 'miss penalty' against Cameroon but Sunday Mba won in his time..

Messi, like Cruyff, is a World Cup golden ball winner.. The is the highest individual award at national team level..

The fact that team trophy elude them is not their fault.. Just that the Germans(in both cases) deserves it more in the final...

Messi 6 Ballon d'or, 6 FIFA best award, 6 Golden shoe, 4 World best Playmaker, speak for itself!!!!

How many copa libertadores did messi win
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:

How many copa libertadores did messi win.
Again the biggest trophy in the sport is WC
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

Neymar also won the Copa Libertadores?? Why didn't he win the Ballon d'or because of that??
How come Gabigol did not make top 30 of Ballon d'or because he played an Origi role in Copa Libe final for Flamengo??

Summary: No UCL for Pele, Maradona and Real Ronaldo!!!
They also got carried by their teammates when it matter most(especially that Maradona in 86 final)!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

World cup which Giroud won..

So, Giroud is greater than Drogba?? undecided
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
World cup which Giroud won..

So, Giroud is greater than Drogba?? undecided
Which messi didn't win
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Neymar also won the Copa Libertadores?? Why didn't he win the Ballon d'or because of that??
How come Gabigol did not make top 30 of Ballon d'or because he played an Origi role in Copa Libe final for Flamengo??

They also got carried by their teammates when it matter most(especially that Maradona in 86 final)!!!
Ballondior is fixed .
So messi played all by himself. So wasn't assisted , all his goals he wasn't assisted. Nawa ooo.
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:

Ballondior was for European players if you dont know, Blatter and his friends just scattered the award. Fifa best is worldwide, ballondior ie Europe. Them just spoil am. That's why during world cup year they choose best in the world cup
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

Ballondior is fixed .
So messi played all by himself. So wasn't assisted , all his goals he wasn't assisted. Nawa ooo.
How many Flamengo players made the top 30??
How many River Plate players made the top 30 of Ballon d'or last season??

Copa Libertadores is nothing compared to the UCL!!!

Maradona and Real Ronaldo won 0 UCL trophy..

They also got carried when it matter most in the world cup (especially that Maradona in 1986 final)!!!

I am trying, not to analyze Pele too much.. He belong to a pre competitive era but the Brazil team are the most complete and very talented group..

Those who watch Pele played will never agree that anybody is better than him.. Based on his sheer ability...

If he had come to Europe, may be it would have been easy to compare him with Messi!!!

To me, Messi is the GOAT, only Pele is close according to Legend!!!
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
How many Flamengo players made the top 30??
How many River Plate players made the top 30 of Ballon d'or last season??

Copa Libertadores is nothing compared to the UCL!!!

Maradona and Real Ronaldo won 0 UCL trophy..

They also got carried when it matter most in the world cup (especially that Maradona in 1986 final)!!!

I am trying, not to analyze Pele too much.. He belong to a pre competitive era but the Brazil team are the most complete and very talented group..

Those who watch Pele played will never agree that anybody is better than him.. Based on his sheer ability...

If he had come to Europe, may be it would have been easy to compare him with Messi!!!

To me, Messi is the GOAT, only Pele is close according to Legend!!!
Why Europeans go there to buy players, they know they are talents then use them to grow their own leagues
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

Ballondior was for European players if you dont know, Blatter and his friends just scattered the award. Fifa best is worldwide, ballondior ie Europe. Them just spoil am. That's why during world cup year they choose best in the world cup
Ballon d'or is for anybody since 95!

George Weah in 95
Real Ronaldo, 97
Rivaldo, 99
Ronaldinho, 2005 (despite the fact that Gerard won the UCL)
Kaka, 2007
And, Messi...

These are non-Europeans that have won it...

Anybody can win it.. Provided you don't play in Farmer's league!!!

Brazilian League and Copa Libertadores are Farmer's League affairs..
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2019
m140:

Why Europeans go there to buy players, they know they are talents then use them to grow their own leagues
Talent? yes!!!
. Even African talents are doing well in Europe!!!

Does that mean African League is good??

African League, South America league, Copa Libertadores, CAF Champion's League are Farmer's League affairs!!!

No Ballon d'or in Farmer's League!!!

Let me digress a little, who is the Egyptian GOAT?? grin Best Egypt player ever??
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by harryakand: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Juventus don't need to buy any player or change the coach because Ronaldo wins trophies ALONE grin
Yea true grin
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:

Talent? yes!!!
. Even African talents are doing well in Europe!!!

Does that mean African League is good??

African League, South America league, Copa Libertadores, CAF Champion's League are Farmer's League affairs!!!

No Ballon d'or in Farmer's League!!!
Abdultreka, but Americans win it mostly

Let me digress a little, who is the Egyptian GOAT?? grin Best Egypt player ever??
Re: Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him by m140(m): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Ballon d'or is for anybody since 95!

George Weah in 95
Real Ronaldo, 97
Rivaldo, 99
Ronaldinho, 2005 (despite the fact that Gerard won the UCL)
Kaka, 2007
And, Messi...

These are non-Europeans that have won it...

Anybody can win it.. Provided you don't play in Farmer's league!!!

Brazilian League and Copa Libertadores are Farmer's League affairs..
Its European footballers, that is you play in Europe. That is , if a player played in the world cup, and another played well in ucl, the one in world cup wins fifa best while the ucl wins ballondior, that how it's done back then .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) / Vincent Enyeama And Son Playing Football Game (Photo) / John Obi Mikel Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.