Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid (86957 Views)

Couple Weds In A Living Room In Taraba Due To Coronavirus Lockdown (Photo) / Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged / Lady Weds Without Wearing Makeup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by DexterousOne(m): 8:09am On Dec 04, 2019
eleojo23:
Desperate times calls for desperate measures. The economy is bad.

I like their courage. They were not bothered about what people will think especially in this country where people don't know how to mind their business. After all, na after the ceremony na im the marriage go begin

If you cannot afford a lavish wedding, do what is within your means. In fact, people tend to forget a wedding no matter how good it was when they attend another one the next Saturday.

No need to kill yourself in this life abeg.

Real life begins after the ceremony. Nobody will help you pay your bills, so it is wise to save for life after the ceremony

Simple and Short

1 Like

Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by DexterousOne(m): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2019
sassysure:

Nigerians as a whole have inferiority complex problem coupled with low self esteem. That's why a man will buy flashy or exotic car and post online grin
Meanwhile it's a very common thing in developed countries.
U want to show others u have arrived and is better than them. That's poverty mentality. It's addictive cheesy

Inferiority Complex Check

Low self esteem.......... Double Check

The need to make others feel beneath you..... triple check

All symptoms of a shitjole dumpdump mentality
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by DexterousOne(m): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2019
executive12:

Are you sure about a wedding being a once in a lifetime thing? People do divorce and remarry or lose their spouses and remarry. No need to over burden ourselves. We should accept the reality that Nigeria is a poor country.
Nigeria is indeed poor
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by maynation(f): 8:21am On Dec 04, 2019
wristbangle:

Those guys maybe serious. One among them may be your future husband that is if you are not wooed already cool

Wristbangle?

Why does this moniker look so familiar?
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by vicben27(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2019
maynation:
How I want mine. No need wasting money on frivolities.
soo when do we get making plans?
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Novy(f): 8:38am On Dec 04, 2019
Doesn't necessarily have to do with the cost.nothing wrong with going for a simple and quiet wedding.it's still perfect.
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by frowland(m): 8:56am On Dec 04, 2019
[s]
eleojo23:
Desperate times calls for desperate measures. The economy is bad.

I like their courage. They were not bothered about what people will think especially in this country where people don't know how to mind their business. After all, na after the ceremony na im the marriage go begin

If you cannot afford a lavish wedding, do what is within your means. In fact, people tend to forget a wedding no matter how good it was when they attend another one the next Saturday.

No need to kill yourself in this life abeg.

Real life begins after the ceremony. Nobody will help you pay your bills, so it is wise to save for life after the ceremony
[/s]

Not necessarily about the economy BUT common sense. Left for a man, this is his ideal wedding format. Those huge noisy weddings are largely the lady's choice and the guy trying hard to please the woman.
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Lush100(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2019
most ladies ( wife-to-be) would want an elaborate one...my wife inclusive.
there is nothing i did not tell her that she accepted.
she went as far as buying gold wristwatch for both us (both male and female came with the pack).
she says my status has changed....i didn't understand what that meant.
i pleaded oh, (that we can invest that money)
it fell on deaf ears.
the only thing i know that we handled cost effectively was the hall. with 2 canopies (one on either side)
i choose a very small hall
so if u come late....OYO
one of the uncle (so nice and the closest to me) flew in from Abuja. i saw him under canopy, i just greeted him and shook my head.
like my mind was saying uncle no be my fault oh,
eventually my gold watch ..one hand remove after a year or so..my gold ring stolen or lost in a hotel one month after, expensive stuff like that
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Isoduwa(m): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2019
The wife dey smile � now tomorrow go come she go laugh the man say Nor be your mate wedding be that

Fear women
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Iphran6: 11:07am On Dec 04, 2019
Wedding is just ceremonial, marriage is the real deal, don't go and empty your account for just one day occasion o

For your speed limiter, Car tracker, Car alarm and CCTV installations, call me
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Lilimax(f): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2019
Kylekent59:
Imagine a wedding whereby only the priest, bride, groom and family members and at least 10 friends are present. Omo, enjoyment go dey ehh.

Can't wedding be celebrated without eating and drinking?

Just attend church, after the priest or pastor has pronounced the couple husband and wife, everyone congratulates them and that's all. If weddings were to be celebrated that way, many would be married.
It has been happening.
They call it Morning-mass wedding embarassed
Sharp sharp wedding.
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by victorcompovine(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2019
lalasticlala:
Here is a unique wedding that took place at Seventh Day Adventist Church in Port Harcourt.

https://m.facebook.com/adventistnaija/photos/a.1710966379213200/2160523847590782/?type=3&source=57

When you are poor you are poor abeg in BUrna's voice
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
sochey:
The woman go Just go home dey cry....

At least, even if you no wan spend, do it in a small way in which you will be happy in the end.

We often times deny ourselves pleasure because we don't want to do like others but regret and forever live in self pity afterwards....

Me, my wedding go loud gan!!

No you sabi! tongue

How much will you contribute?
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by gwama: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
Why did they put on ceremonial clothes ?? It was better to wear usual clothes.
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by fm7070: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2019
I can tell of a marriage that will stand the taste of time. This is how it all begins. Nothing freaks them, they are contented, especially the lady. She is so beautiful, natural without heavy make-up. May God bless your marriage with all fruits you desire in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
maynation:
How I want mine.
No need wasting money on frivolities.
...and where is that 'Na so' meme sef?
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Eviana(f): 12:11am On Dec 06, 2019
Beautifully done...there is much beauty in simplicity.
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Julivas(m): 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2019
Eviana:
Beautifully done...there is much beauty in simplicity.
Yes o

1 Like

Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by edoairways: 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
lalasticlala it is a food for thought however I learnt that church doesn't tolerate artificial make up
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by ignis: 8:53am On Jan 08, 2020
Mediocrity should not be encouraged.
Re: Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:21am On Jan 08, 2020
ignis:
Mediocrity should not be encouraged.
hi hello Happy New year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meaning Of RSVP On Invitations / Lady Dancing With A Man At Burial Ceremony. See Photos / Bride Sparks Controversy On Social Media With The Way She Displays Her Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.