Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Do - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do (1965 Views)

How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? / Uk Transist Visa / Uk Transist Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do by jodeci(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2010
shocked
Re: Do by omega25red(m): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2010
i dont understand the question Are you leaving from the uk? or are you going to the uk through Algeria? Most of all what passport are you travelling with?
Re: Do by jodeci(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2010
grin
Re: Do by martinosi: 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2010
jodeci:

sorry,let me re-phrase the question.

I hold a nigerian passport,i am travelling to algeria (Hassi-messaoud) from lagos,there is no direct flight.I have to fly to gatwick and then take a connecting flight to algeria (hassi-meaasoud).

Another option is either spain or paris,but i prefer london (gatwick)

I want to know if i need a Uk transist visa in this case.

What a Joke u kidding right

Look Mate take a flight to Tripoli, Libya (Air Afrique) and then get a
flight from there to Algeria

LOOK MATE DONT BE STUPID, THERE ARE NO TRANSIT FLIGHTS FROM NIGERIA TO LONDON TO AFRICA

THATS SOOO STUPID, IF THERE WAS SOO MANY NIGERIANS WOULD DO THAT, CLAIM THEY MISSED THERE CONNECTING FLIGHT, STAY IN A HOTEL FOR THE NIGHT AND DISSAPEAR!!! LOL
Re: Do by zubeyr(m): 1:37am On Nov 27, 2010
That silly you can fly Lagos -Dakar -Algeria is cheaper and shorter route
Re: Do by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 30, 2010
I think OP's question is to know if someone who flight from Nigeria to Algeria via the UK would need a transit visa for the UK.

OP didn't ask for the cheapest or the best itinerary to travel from Nigeria to Algeria.

There are many reasons why OP may choose to go to Algeria via the UK. Maybe he has a free ticket that would allow him  ONLY to take that route. Maybe OP have to meet someone in the transit zone at the airport in the UK. Maybe OP intention is to claim refugee status at the airport in the UK ,  the reasons are countless.

Having said that, can someone answer OP's  original question?

TheCongo
Re: Do by joxiri: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2010
this is strange you would be doubling the time of your jouney
  and unfortunately poster u need a transit visa to connect via any UK airports
Re: Do by fbiswagger: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2010
TheCongo:

I think OP's question is to know if someone who flight from Nigeria to Algeria via the UK would need a transit visa for the UK.

OP didn't ask for the cheapest or the best itinerary to travel from Nigeria to Algeria.

There are many reasons why OP may choose to go to Algeria via the UK. Maybe he has a free ticket that would allow him  ONLY to take that route. Maybe OP have to meet someone in the transit zone at the airport in the UK. Maybe OP intention is to claim refugee status at the airport in the UK ,  the reasons are countless.

Having said that, can someone answer OP's  original question?

TheCongo

The kind of Nigerians we need

(1) (Reply)

Racial Discrimination In India Toward Blacks / Yellow Fever Card Needed?? / A Place Called Iwoye-ketu In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.