Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,907 members, 7,838,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Bloggers Unite For International Weblogger's Day, June 14th, 2007 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers Unite For International Weblogger's Day, June 14th, 2007 (873 Views)

Female Bloggers! Let's Meet, Unite And Connect / Payment Gateway For International Customers / Pay For International Webhosting Services With Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Unite For International Weblogger's Day, June 14th, 2007 by Orikinla(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2007
Bloggers Unite For International Weblogger's Day, June 14th, 2007

Hello everyone!

There's less than a month left to International Weblogger's Day, and I need your help to spread the word. Since it's already the fourth year that InWeDay has taken place, I want to make sure that this year it's going to be a big bash, and I want you all to be part of it, wherever you may be.

Tell your friends, your colleagues, your readers, your neighbors, and everyone else you want to be part of this global day of celebration. I will be holding a meetup in New York City on June 14th, most certainly in the evening, with times and locations to be determined, but no doubt a part of my promise to make this event more than just a blog post. If you want to also become a host/organizer of a meetup in your area, please send me an email at inweday@gmail.com.

That being said, I do have a theme for this year: solidarity. We've seen the tragedy of war, the
horrible side of human nature exposed at Virginia Tech, the scandals of politics, and, more disturbingly, the ways such violence can be felt online.

More notably, Kathy Sierra, the popular blogger of Creating Passionate Users, faced death threats and harrasment in March. So the question I ask you now, and ask you to think about for June 14th, is:
[size=14pt]How can bloggers get together to overcome some of the problems we face in the real world?

Can we police acts of hate, intimidation, and sexual violence with what we write?

Or do bloggers only inflame what otherwise would be unknown?[/size]

Thank you once again for being part of InWeDay. Be sure to sign up this year if you haven't done so yet, even if you did sign up last year.

Cheers,
Riowww.inweday.orginweday@gmail.com

Re: Bloggers Unite For International Weblogger's Day, June 14th, 2007 by riteweb(m): 4:37pm On May 25, 2007
Thanks Man,
As for the Unity,Well its quite important and vital,BUt only time shall time,

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Society Of Website Designer / Get You Own Website With Just 15,000 Only / I Need A Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.