Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,445 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (2004 Views)

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by donstan18: 10:22am On Dec 05, 2019
He's old enough to know what to say, when to say it and who to say it to.

Give him his space on his plans and let him relate it to you when he feels he should.

Don't be so sensitive over nothing.

Na your type go want make your brother dey tell you everything about his marriage.

5 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 05, 2019
You are too sensitive... I myself don't like discussing my plans until I'm certain it will come to fruition.. Not even with my parents. I found out the more i go on telling people about what i intend doing, it all end up not happening. I believe he will still tell u but not now. Don't hold grudges just try to understand him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Mood11: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2019
'Work in Silence' , that is a Golden Rule for those who want to go far...

Let Results make the Announcement..

6 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 05, 2019
@R2bees noted �

1 Like

Re: by CAPSLOCKED: 10:44am On Dec 05, 2019
MOST YOUNGER BROTHERS CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS WITH THEIR BIG BROTHERS WHO WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO TELL THEM WHAT TO DO OR NOT DO.

YOU KNOW HOW MEN LIKE TO BE IN CHARGE. YOU'RE TRYING TO BE IN CHARGE AND THE OTHER MAN'S NOT ENJOYING IT.

BEST FOR YOU IS TO LIVE IN DIFFERENT HOUSES AND WORK INDEPENDENTLY OF EACH OTHER AND KEEP BEING BROTHERS, INSTEAD OF LIVE TOGETHER TO BECOME THE ENEMIES WHICH.... YOU'RE CURRENTLY ON THE PATH TO BECOME.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: by zed7: 10:45am On Dec 05, 2019
I know how you feel, especially as you consider yourselves a team. You feel hurt and betrayed. Let me tell you the truth, in life you are on your own. There is a limit to what others can do for you or what others can give you.
Even a little child in kindergarten still has to go to class on his own and write his exams, as a parent you can't do that for him.

Never rely on anyone and never set your expectations high when it comes to others. That's the only way not to ever be shocked or heartbroken. No one owes you anything but yourself. Even we as individuals sometimes fail ourselves.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Richy4(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2019
Yea I know that feeling man... Do not hold it against him...though most good/ potential business men are prone to be selfish...

He didn't intend doing that to you now, that's just who he is.. Just that you were monopolizing everything as a team player and you fail to pick the signs long time ago and now it came as a rude shock to you.

It's just like having lots of friends in which you were always there for them in good time and in bad, but when the time comes for them to be there, u won't find anyone. it hurts..

I will advise you to learn how to be a brother/ friend to people without expecting anything in return.. ie if you can do it.. with that, you won't get hurt.. because you were not expecting much..

2 Likes

Re: by babyfaceafrica: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2019
If your brother doesn't want to reveal his plans,don't reveal yours...simple!!!..every mallam with his kettle!!!

3 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2019
I like ur brother's character... Though I'm more like u .. Don't automatically include Pple in your plans unless u can pay them well for their services, and also never do business with family. Brothers are meant to compete b4 collaborating

1 Like

Re: by LewsTherin: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
prudent
/ˈpruːd(ə)nt/
adjective
acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
"no prudent money manager would authorize a loan without first knowing its purpose"

2 Likes

Re: by Saintmary(f): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2019
coker007:
So last night my younger brother and I got talking about life, religion and progress,
Most times I'm the one leading the conversations; we'll talk about some of the things listed above and i'll share my ideas ( I'm an introvert I don't enjoy talking)
So yesterday he (my younger brother) struck a topic on the parable of the workers in the vineyard ( it's in Mathew chapter 20) and our convo took off from there, we got talking about our belief our hopes our loss and our aspirations
Like I said earlier I'm usually the one speaking most times but it turned out my brother had a lot to say
He was talking about he's aspirations and how he would like to find his passion and all when the topic turned changed and we got talking about ideas and he started talking about this big business plan that may a may it may not be the future but you could sutrly tell it's huge he was talking when suddenly he was like ' I can't be telling you my plans' and he stood up and left me there....I was heart broken and confused
My younger brother and I both Live together we both work and I'm mostly the one offering things up for our benefit, I share everything I'm able to lay my grasp on equally with him I fancy myself as fair and loyal
But it turns out my brother is keeping things from me when we are at a time when we need each other the most, he's being discreet while I lay all my cards on the table for both of us
I've come to the conclusion that he's selfish and he'll betray me when the time comes
But what i'm hurting about is my feelings itsi making me very indecisive and anxious I really don't know what to do or how to react
I need opinions, advice and instructions

P.S: I purposely didn't talk about my parents and other siblings we are detached from them on purpose. We took the train pass for ride or die, but it turns out my younger brother isn't really on board he's tryna pull a front here �
That is good for you man, I'm always happy when people show me what I mean to them, it shows me where to place them in my own life. Start spending your money for your own progress and don't tell anyone your own plans if they are not ready to tell you theirs.

4 Likes

Re: by chii8(f): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
If he isn't sharing his plans,stop sharing yours,it's simple.

1 Like

Re: by iSlayer: 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Mehn I really connect with you on this. It hurts when you have a brother who's not really "it" atimes, especially if you're honestly laying plans for a better life for you and him. I've been there severally.

There was a time while in school I was accommodating younger brother who just got admission. Things were terribly tight and I was feeding him from my little money. One time I hatched a plan to get funds from dad so we could finally be free. Everything worked but the money was to be paid to my younger brother's account. Long story short my brother ate that money completely without sparing me anything. And he was even defiant. Someone I was accommodating and trying to give the best. Mehn it hurt, it hurt real bad.

So my guy the thing I learnt the hard way with 2 of my brothers is that no matter the love you have for them, you're all different people and they may never reciprocate the exact way you may want. Love them though but put a healthy distance and allow them do their things (especially the younger brothers. They always low key feel they have something to prove).

3 Likes

Re: by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2019
Sorry about that honestly your brother might not view it the way you view it.he talked has human when the time is ripe he will tell you probably he want to surprise you.moreover you should be greatfull you have a brother that thinks for him not you be his thinkers. He allows you to think for yourself with out adding his problems to your (omode ki Mo eko je ko Mara lowo)no matter how a child can eat bake maize it will stained his/her hand forgive him hum
Re: by sholay2011(m): 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
zed7:
I know how you feel, especially as you consider yourselves a team. You feel hurt and betrayed. Let me tell you the truth, in life you are on your own. There is a limit to what others can do for you or what others can give you.
Even a little child in kindergarten still has to go to class on his own and write his exams, as a parent you can't do that for him.

Never rely on anyone and never set your expectations high when it comes to others. That's the only way not to ever be shocked or heartbroken. No one owes you anything but yourself. Even we as individuals sometimes fail ourselves.

@OP...Take this advice and drill it into your heart (not just your brain). You sound like a good-hearted person though and sometimes, others think they can 'use' such kind of person as a stone to step on while going for something higher. Sadly, what people don't know is life is more than things. But be careful, even as the person with a 'free and open' mind. Don't be naïve.

3 Likes

Re: by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
The earlier you realise it is all man to himself in these crazy world, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: by OgaBuhari: 1:08am On Dec 06, 2019
[s]
Fountainofyouth:
The earlier you realise it is all man to himself in these crazy world, the better for you.
[/s]
Re: by darfay: 1:33am On Dec 06, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

I love your moniker, it has this soothing feeling. Lol
Re: by frozen70(f): 2:21am On Dec 06, 2019
coker007:
So last night my younger brother and I got talking about life, religion and progress,
Most times I'm the one leading the conversations; we'll talk about some of the things listed above and i'll share my ideas ( I'm an introvert I don't enjoy talking)
So yesterday he (my younger brother) struck a topic on the parable of the workers in the vineyard ( it's in Mathew chapter 20) and our convo took off from there, we got talking about our belief our hopes our loss and our aspirations
Like I said earlier I'm usually the one speaking most times but it turned out my brother had a lot to say
He was talking about he's aspirations and how he would like to find his passion and all when the topic turned changed and we got talking about ideas and he started talking about this big business plan that may a may it may not be the future but you could sutrly tell it's huge he was talking when suddenly he was like ' I can't be telling you my plans' and he stood up and left me there....I was heart broken and confused
My younger brother and I both Live together we both work and I'm mostly the one offering things up for our benefit, I share everything I'm able to lay my grasp on equally with him I fancy myself as fair and loyal
But it turns out my brother is keeping things from me when we are at a time when we need each other the most, he's being discreet while I lay all my cards on the table for both of us
I've come to the conclusion that he's selfish and he'll betray me when the time comes
But what i'm hurting about is my feelings itsi making me very indecisive and anxious I really don't know what to do or how to react
I need opinions, advice and instructions

P.S: I purposely didn't talk about my parents and other siblings we are detached from them on purpose. We took the train pass for ride or die, but it turns out my younger brother isn't really on board he's tryna pull a front here �

He must have been watching you and your attitude towards everything

He has a lot of plans with him and most of them are secret but not harmful to you

He is planning to achieve success more than you but he us not God that determines everyone ones faith

I will advise you to learn how to keep your own secret and start working harder in academic or any area you find yourself

Be focused and be serious so that any other plans he would have been nursing, you will be miles ahead of him

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 2:30am On Dec 06, 2019
@Op your Thought pattern is simply how witchcraft or Enemy of progress starts. Simply keep your plans to yourself until fruition too. It's advisable for peeps not to share their life plans until it's well thought out and designed
Re: by cococandy(f): 5:46am On Dec 06, 2019
Being prudent is a good thing. I think your choice of topic is confusing.

1 Like

Re: by generationz(f): 8:17am On Dec 06, 2019
coker007:
I need opinions, advice, and instructions

Maybe he doesn't want to Jinx it.

Ask him why he refused to tell you?

Sometimes talking too much about your plan is the number one reason why it won't see the light of day.

It's on Google.

Me I understand your pain.

My brother and i too discuss a lot and we share ideas together. In fact, he is better at meeting with people and talking when it comes to business while my gift is in the area of research.

There was a time things where things were not moving as planned and we decided to not talk about our plans or deals again.

It didn't take us two weeks... grin grin

It turned out that fear of jinxing it was BS especially with someone you know has clean hands.

So, it could also be that your brother doesn't feel as close to you as much as you are to him.

The best thing will be for you to ask him on a good day. When you guys are laughing and chatting heartily.

3 Likes

Re: by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:29am On Dec 09, 2019
darfay:

I love your moniker, it has this soothing feeling. Lol

Thank you smiley

2 Likes

Re: by OgaBuhari: 4:09am On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
Fountainofyouth:

Thank you smiley
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Does Sex As A Couple During 'fasting And Prayer' Invalidate The Prayer? / s / Is This Behavior Appropriate To Teach Children?; Please vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.