Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! (522 Views)

How Binomi Trade ENTERPRISE Scam My Sister On Telegram Today. / Education: Is School Truly A Scam? My Perception And Analysis / What A Lady Did After A Man Tried Giving Her A Lift While It Was Raining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! by kamikaz1: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2019
My brother received a whatsapp message this morning from one

UGO

He dropped the following message(He must have copied his number somewhere in an online business thread)

But he was dealing with the wrong person,,because the message was suspicious...Instinct made him to quickly search for his whatsapp number on Nairaland after he (the loser SCAMMER) refused to reveal what moniker he uses on Nairaland in order to assure him of trust.

the search revealed that the mobile number is associated to a reported fraudster on nairaland,other details of him and how he duped people of 10k and so had been reported.Apparently his app will allow him to withdraw monies from victims bank account after they had applied his instructions.

He was caught before the act ,and he quickly blocked my brother on whatsapp.

Enjoy the conversation .AND ALSO BEWARE OF SCAMMERS ...Avoid dropping numbers unnecessarily on threads.

Re: Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! by kamikaz1: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2019
Little did he know that my brother was trying to play along while setting a trap for him after the findings on Nairaland.

Re: Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! by kamikaz1: 11:56am On Dec 05, 2019
My brother is no Military man oo..just used that to scare the bastard..he blocked him immediately grin

Re: Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! by kamikaz1: 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2019
Search results that guided my brother's action....

Here is a an account of one is victims too.. https://www.nairaland.com/4200172/ever-been-scammed-before#62750363

Re: Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! by ahnie: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
Lolz...
There're much in nairaland...them and dia profitable side hustle business.

What do I even know seff...lemme go fry akara!
Re: Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! by Gidison: 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2019
ahnie:
Lolz...
There're much in nairaland...them and dia profitable side hustle business.

What do I even know seff...lemme go fry akara!
\\

Wait! make am plenty for me too..lol
Thanks for the info OP
Re: Beware Of This Guy Ugo..tried To Scam My Bro But He Was Smarter! by anny270: 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Thank God found this. I would have fallen prey already. Same name, same method and same phone number.

(1) (Reply)

The Three Young Women Who Died In A Horrific Late-night, 25th December's Crash I / Say Hello To 'keke Napep' Replacement / Help Me! I Am Scared. I Need Help Identifying This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.