Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing (442 Views)

Bishop Sylvester Asobo Declared Missing By Family (Photo) / Nevada Judge Attacked By Defendant During Sentencing In Vegas Courtroom Scene / Olawale Hassan Jailed For Rape In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing by supremenews: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
Young activist, Olawale Bakare popularly known as Mandate, who is standing trial with pro-democracy campaigner, Omoyele Sowore, in a case brought against them by the Nigerian Government, has been declared missing.

Operatives of the Department of State Services had stormed the Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday morning during the commencement of their trial and disrupted proceedings in an attempt to forcefully rearrest the two men.

After facing resistance from other activists inside the courtroom, the DSS operatives retreated outside to lay an ambush. The situation led to tension within the court premises for several minutes.

According to a report by SaharaReporters, Senior Advocate of Nigeria and lawyer to the two men, Femi Falana, was said to have ferried the defendants in his car to the DSS headquarters where they were said to have been detained. However, it has now emerged that only Sowore, who was in Falana’s vehicle as they left the court, was submitted back to the DSS.

Operatives of the agency are currently searching for Bakare in different parts of Abuja. The armed security personnel in their search for the young activist, stormed Falana’s chamber in Abuja this afternoon hoping to find him there.

A lawyer at the chamber confirmed to SaharaReporters that armed DSS operatives visited the place minutes ago looking for Bakare after claiming that he was not in their facility. The lawyer, who asked not to be named, said;

“DSS operatives just stormed our chamber now looking for Olawale Bakare. They claimed it was discovered he was not with them by the time they arrived their office. They are currently searching everywhere for him. We are hoping that he is safe wherever he is.”

After releasing Sowore and Bakare on Thursday evening, the DSS on Friday filed fresh charges against them, rearresting and detaining Sowore in the process. The uncertainty surrounding Bakare’s whereabouts at the moment has indeed added a new twist to the matter.

He was arrested in Osogbo, Osun State, on August 5, 2019 for participating in a nationwide peaceful demonstration aimed at demanding a better country from the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. Together with Sowore, Bakare was ordered to be released twice by the Federal High Court in Abuja after meeting stringent bail conditions.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/12/omoyele-sowores-co-defendant-olawale.html

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing by CapitalHYC(m): 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmmmmmm.... I no fit talk anything .. I got the realest Profile on this Forum.. No one is safe in here any more
Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing by etcsines: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing by Tonnexy: 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2019
Zoological republic
Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mandate sharp guy baba don enter Ghana

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing by ojun50(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
Make them no check yaba left
Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing by Kylekent59: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2019
Let them know our minds once and for all.

I wouldn't be wanna do this, but for clarity I have to.

Click life if you are not comfortable with the APC system of ruling, other wise , click share.

If you don't care and it's none of your business or you don't give a Bleep, please mention/quote

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Co-defendant, Olawale Bakare Declared Missing by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
The way things are going in this country....
Everything is going backwards
Once you see any one with a gun claiming to be a security personnel, know that your safety comes first.

Nothing like security or freedom of speech this days.
Even the peeps Sowore keep on fighting for,are busy seeing BBN or going to celebrity shows.

2023 is still farrrrrrrrrr..........

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:* *_otueke: One Soldier, Others Killed As Gunman Attacks Ex-presid / Please Help Me With My BVN. I Have Issues / Guys What Would Yo Do And Ladies Remember Here Is Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.