Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

How To Find Your Stolen Android Smartphone: 4 Smart Tips - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Find Your Stolen Android Smartphone: 4 Smart Tips (730 Views)

Block Your Stolen/lost Mtn Sim Card In Minutes / How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Find Your Stolen Android Smartphone: 4 Smart Tips by Wearabletech: 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2019
Have you ever pondered how to find your android smartphone?

Maybe the ideal question is: have you misplaced your Android device?

Do know you know anyone who was robbed at gun point and disposed of their belongings including their Android smartphones?

Have you heard of kidnappers using their victims’ smart phones to contact relatives for ransom?

Do you know you can track your Android device and find it on Google Map?

If your answer to any of the above questions is yes, you can be rest assured you’re not alone. An estimated 70 million smartphones are lost each year, with only 7% recovered.

Why is the recovery rate so low?

I bet you know the reason behind this worried some statistic. But I’ll advise you to read this post till the end and reduce your chances of contributing to this figure.

Learn step by step how to configure your Android Device to be retrievable.

How common is Smart Phone Theft?

Problems associated with the loss or theft of smartphones is creepy. According to https://www.channelpronetwork.com 4.3 per cent of company-issued smartphones are lost or stolen every year. Out of the 70 million mentioned earlier, 52 per cent of devices are stolen from the office/workplace, and 24 per cent from conferences.

(for further reading on the identity theft and smartphones check this https://www.identity-theft-awareness.com/smartphone-theft-statistics.html)

I personally have been a victim severally either directly or indirectly. Just last week, I got a late night call from a colleague. From her voice I could tell she wasn’t happy. She’s a real beauty with a charming personality, so there was no way I could miss the sadness in her voice. She reluctantly, narrated how she was robed earlier that evening while returning from her Evening shift. She’s a nurse working at a Catholic Hospital in FCT.

Over the phone, she tried mutter what sounds like how to find your Android smartphone; the poor lady actually knew her smart device could be tracked. But didn’t know she had to activate it in the device prior to the incidence for it to be found. Even though I discerned the response she needed to hear, I was hopeless as I told her,’’ am sorry your device cannot be found’’.

That fateful incidence forms part of the motivation for today’s post.

While losing your Android Device cannot be compared to losing a spouse or a child, it can actually induce a deep sense of loss that is compared to losing a close companion.

Your Android Device is actually your companion in a way. Depending on how hooked you are, your little smart companion actually holds your private information, it keeps you connected through messaging services, emails, video calls and social networking.

It connects you to a virtual world out there through the internet. And once you’re on the internet? You’re everywhere. The bond between couples could seriously be challenged by smart phones and related gadgets. Once your companion is out of sight, how to find your android smartphones becomes high proity on list of thing you should worry about.

Why should you care?

Consequently, your little smart companion is one powerful invention that has so influenced human kind. It makes life and living easy. Today with the help of your Android Device you can securely make payments online to your products supplier in US, Recharge your electricity metre in the midnight with just a phone call, for those whose smart phone serves as an office; you can import goods from a ware house in China with just a click or edit your websites on the go without stress.

As useful as a Smart Phone maybe, it can contribute major threats to your security and safety. Your smart phone actually has the quality of being relevant, it shares your secrets, trust me some secrets are too personal to gets into the wrong hands.

Secrets your spouse doesn’t know or don’t care about, mysteries that can form the basis for a blackmail, your financial secrets, unforgettable memories in the form of pictures or videos etc. might just be tugging in your Smart Phone. This can really make you vulnerable.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a politician with your reputation at stake or just a petty trader in a small town market. Your privacy is key and non-negotiable, For the sake of your safety, learn these tips and share this post with your loved ones.

Regardless of how you were separated from your handheld smart friend, either losing it your shattered room or your overweight aunt mistakenly sat on it? Or maybe like my colleague you were robbed at gun point.

The next line of actions always remains the same. It’s either you try to find or wiping your private data for the sake of your security. Certainly, your success will largely depend on the precautionary measures you took lest something of such nature happens.

Almost like an insurance policy. But don’t worry; you do not have to pay an insurer, even though you can actually protect your Android Device from loss, theft and more with a smartphone insurance plan. I’ve actually subscribed once for such services, from experience I can tell you’ll not regret such a smart move.

Depending on the kind of insurance agreement you entered into, insurance companies pay up to 30% of the cost of the device. But for the sake of this post, I’ll will only give out tips on how to find your lost or stolen Android Device.

1.4 Find your Android Smart phone with the help of the ‘’Find My Device App Manager’’.

Every Android Smartphone just like yours basically comes with an operating system, there may be a recovery method available for your device. The Operating system can let you see it on a digital map, lock, erase your data or even make it ring depending on the necessity.

Through the operating system, you can access your device manager which is must be pre-installed in your Android smartphone. Once this is done correctly, you should be able to track the device by signing in into your Google Account registered in the app from another device.

CONTINUE READING!

https://smaartcollections.com/how-to-find-your-android-smartphone/

1 Share

Re: How To Find Your Stolen Android Smartphone: 4 Smart Tips by Mohbola(f): 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
Good piece.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Stolen Android Smartphone: 4 Smart Tips by Ejadike(m): 5:26am On Dec 08, 2019
Great. Thanks for this piece

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Smart 2 For Sale / An Issue With My Phone / I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.