Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (50302 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by bokohalal(m): 4:17am On Jul 23, 2012
AmaLan:
Do you realise that you and StarFlux spelled it the same way....

Bros,I no be dundee united by any yardstick. Her post has been modified from its previous spelling to be in agreement with mine.That's the reason for my question.If you had gone down the thread you would have found where she wrote I was right about the correct way to spell her name, an appreciation for learning the correct form and an admission of mispelling names she has not seen in written form.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by AmaLan(f): 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
Oh, sorry smiley
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by StarFlux: 1:01am On Oct 27, 2012
Does anyone know any Edo language courses available (preferably at an university) in Europe? I know there is one in USA, but I have no interest going there. Alternatively, do any of you know if The University of Benin offer anything similar for people without Nigerian citizenship or courses for foreign students? (Preferably no more than year, I don't want to interrupt studies too much). Or really any university in Nigeria.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by francizy(m): 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
Please I need help of like four welding and fabrication yards/shops/firms in Benin state. At least, the most popular ones I can patronise. Thank you all.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
edobabe:
too many Edo haters here. ;bo dia ye.
owalen noo,meee tuee eh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
aaaabo mai waa eseh ooh,oghena sume maaa....reppin owan east,ihiebve edo state.....one love my people.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by afortress(m): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Make teach my bini brothers and sisters small thing this evening.... Not too many people knows this... the bini word for spoon that we all know is not actually a benin name for it... it is a Portuguese word for spoon... spoon in English, which we pronounce Ekuye in benin... if you can get it there is a surprise for you...
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
afortress:
Make teach my bini brothers and sisters small thing this evening.... Not too many people knows this... the bini word for spoon that we all know is not actually a benin name for it... it is a Portuguese word for spoon... spoon in English, which we pronounce Ekuye in benin... if you can get it there is a surprise for you...

Quiye?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by afortress(m): 1:09am On Mar 09, 2015
aim5:

Quiye?

. Nope... it's Portuguese only spelled differently
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 09, 2015
afortress:
. Nope... it's Portuguese only spelled differently

Is it colher?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by itstpia99: 3:20am On Mar 09, 2015
afortress:

what's surprising about Portuguese words in Bini language?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by afortress(m): 7:51am On Mar 09, 2015
aim5:

Is it colher?
... I want the proper benin word for spoon... not the ones we copied from the ikpotokis
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by afortress(m): 7:52am On Mar 09, 2015
itstpia99:

Urhiae!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 12, 2015
Present sir!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by bokohalal(m): 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2015
itstpia99:

I taya for my guy. Pretty sure he just found that out.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by afortress(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
N
bokohalal:

I taya for my guy. Pretty sure he just found that out.
.... nope... I just found this post... well Spoon in the original benin language is "Uhenhen"...
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by pcgist: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2015
Edo is the heartbeat of the nation. Edo is basically made up of the Binis [Benin], Esan and Afemai [Etsako, Owan and Akoko-Edo]. Both Esan and Afemai are believed to have migrated from Benin at different time in the past. To learn more about the Afemai, visit www.afemaipeople.com
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kelechiMarie(f): 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Can someone help me with folktales in Esan?na beg i dey o
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by orlard3(m): 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
please who is from this community ENWA IGWA....IGARA EDO STATE and can speak SASARU LANGUAGE. pls add add me on watsapp 08053030955
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Stephanie75(f): 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ivbiedo ne'uzomo, wa obevbarhu. Ivbie'vbomwen ni mose, eguae tue'uwa.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Generalkorex(m): 5:39am On Oct 11, 2015
Stephanie75:
Ivbiedo ne'uzomo, wa obevbarhu. Ivbie'vbomwen ni mose, eguae tue'uwa.
hey!
need you to translate sumtin for me ma
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Stephanie75(f): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
Generalkorex:

hey!
need you to translate sumtin for me ma

What do you want me to translate sir?

1 Like

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Generalkorex(m): 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
Stephanie75:
What do you want me to translate sir?
thanks 1. "I love you but you are just too rude" 2. You have problem dude dats all 4 now. Pls dnt quote me when u reply
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 3:40am On May 27, 2016
Nairalanders wa rewe, wa do.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do I bless the rains down in Africa Gonna take some time to do the things we never have. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sango Olukoso / Ooni Ogunwusi Weds Wuraola Otiti In Benin (Photos) / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.