Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? (1775 Views)

Bluehost Or Hostgator: Which Should I Go For? / Who Has Hosted Adsense Account For Sale / Hostgator, Bluehost & Hostmonster Provo Data Center Network Outage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by canachy(m): 4:46pm On May 25, 2007
FEATURES INCLUDED / ALL ACCOUNTS INCLUDED

Disk Storage (NOW MORE!) 300 GB

Host UNLIMITED Domains (WOW!)

Free Drag and Drop Site Builder (NEW!)

Free Domain Name

Support International Domain Names

POP3/POP3 Secure Email Support 2,500

IMAP/Secure IMAP Email Support 2,500

2 Different Web Based Email Solutions

Forwarding Email Accounts Unlimited

Email Autoresponder Unlimited

Gigs of Site Transfer (NOW MORE!) 3,000 GB/mo

Add-on Domains Unlimited

Parked Domains Unlimited

Subdomains Unlimited

Additional FTP Accounts 1,000

MySQL Databases (50)

PostgreSQL Databases (50)

CGI-BIN

CGI Library

Server Side Includes

Frontpage 2000/2002/2003 Extensions

Account "Control Panel"

FTP Access

Shell Access (SSH)

Override .htaccess Support

Anonymous FTP

Webmail (Browser Based Email)

Log Files + Site Stats

Customizable Error Pages

Web File Manager

Custom Cronjobs

Hotlink Protection

Spam Assassin Protection

Fantastico Script Support

CGI / DATABASES INCLUDED
PHP Version 4 or 5 (Your Choice)

Perl 5

Python

Ruby / Ruby On Rails (NEW!!)

Support For Custom PHP.INI Files

MySQL 5 Database Server

PostgreSQL Database Server

Javascript/ DHTML

Flash / Shockwave

FREE WEBSITE PLUG-IN SCRIPTS INCLUDED

Message Forum (PHPBB and More)

Form-mail Scripts

PHP Nuke / Post Nuke

Guestbook (Multiple Options)

Live Chat Software

Web Blogs / Wordpress / b2evolution

Mailing Lists

Image Galleries / Coppermine (More!)

Poll and Survey Software

Web Auction Software

Moodle

Tikiwiki

Mambo and Joomla

phpForm Generator

Help Center/Support Ticket

Many, Many Others,

E-COMMERCE FEATURES INCLUDED

SSL Secure Server

OS Commerce Shopping Cart

Agora Shopping Cart

Cube Cart Shopping Cart

Zen Cart Shopping Cart

Free Generated Certificate

Password Protected Directories

OpenPGP / GPG Encryption

MULTIMEDIA FEATURES INCLUDED

Supports Streaming Video

Supports Streaming Audio

Real Audio & Video Support

Flash Support

Macromedia Shockwave

MIDI File Support

Add Own MIME Types

WORLD CLASS TECHNOLOGY INCLUDED

Quad Processor Performance Servers

Denial of Service Protection (DDOS)

UPS Power Backup

Diesel Generator Backup Power

Customized Apache Web Server

24/7 Network Monitoring

Storage Backups*

OC-48 Backbone Connection

SITE PROMOTION INCLUDED

Search Engine Submission FREE

Search Keyword Analyzer FREE

Search Engine Position Report FREE

You may want to check out for yourself

http://www.bluehost.com/tell_me_more.html
Re: Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by canachy(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2007
The price tag for that package is less than $7.00 (if you are paying for 24 months).

If you know anthing about this hosting company, please do tell us.
Re: Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by Egavlas(m): 5:26pm On May 25, 2007
Maybe u should try em and find out. I would advise you not to host any enterprise application or website for a big client on it. By looking at that offering, its clear that they are targeting small resellers. And with all that features and capacity at such a low price, what readily comes to my mind is *overselling* . Alot of hosting companies do it. They offer unlimited everything on hosting platforms believing that no one would ever use up to half of the features that they offer. What happens is that people crowd into those hosting packages and since its definitely shared hosting, peformance of some sites(especially data-based) will be hampered. You just need to try them and see if theirs is different. I dont see any money back guarantees so you understand
Re: Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by syskay(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2007
Packages like this are well known as “Scam Plans”. The Web Hosting market has become so saturated now, that most web hosts have resorted to scams to stay afloat. Most of the features they advertise, simply cannot be supported on a shared hosting platform. Each client will be sharing scarce Processor resources with many other clients, so all that talk of “unlimited” this and that, is nonsense.

So if you intend to host a small or medium size website, you can go ahead and use them, but if it’s a large website, the moment you begin to use too much resources, they will delete you account and ask you to look for another web host. However, 90% of people that subscribe to their service will own small websites, so this is more than enough to keep them in business.
Re: Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by thecrew: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2007
pls can some one tell me where i can get better host
Re: Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by kinharold(m): 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2007
there are several hosting company that offers such features. i have compared bluehost with others and most of them are better. search for web hosting reviews. i have many hosting options u can callfor details 08057356198 www.goldbergsolutions.com.
Re: Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by Cactus(m): 2:25am On Jun 07, 2007
http://www.ixwebhosting.com is the best u can get

24hrs live help support chat and telephone
great package look them up
Re: Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by neroflick(m): 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2007
I've been using APTHOST for years now , never had a single reason to regret hooking up with them .

Check them out here www.apthost.com
Re: Wow! This Sounds Too Good To Be True. "bluehost", Who Has Hosted With Them? by 4sight(m): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2007
Hi Syskay, I am in Lagos and tried to register a site with your system but I wasnt too sure because I was afraid if u werent real seeing u are in Ibadan. Please can we reach an agreement. I really needed a website for few things. Stay Blessed.

(1) (Reply)

Naijapals.com / Photo : Mark Zuckerberg At Work (facebook Office) / Understanding Xtgem.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.