Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot (19014 Views)

What Are Your Favourites Shows On Nigeria Info Fm 99.3 / Critique: M.I 2 / Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by tosinaded(m): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2010
mi2 is a good album by all standards! IMO
really i dnt undastand why it isnt working for u
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2010
cou-gar:

it was eldee's review that put the final nail on the coffin. i read some reviews elsewhere before reading eldee's and i also know m.i. is capable of making a good album so i blame m.i for putting out dirt and i blame eldee for hyping the dirt.

I won't apologise for your weird taste in music. tongue tongue
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

I won't apologise for your weird taste in music. tongue tongue

weird taste? can you compare his first album to this garbage? please, be objective. like i mentioned earlier, it was his brilliance in the first album coupled with your sugarcoated review that made me jump the gun. if he came out with this album as his debut album, his career would have nosedived. he would probably be selling boli and epa in jos by now.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Rhymstein(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2010
Becos say na MI na,Una wan Shange d matter,na good music una dey bend am dey go na,ok o,no wahala and who dey talk say lyricism is for only mixtapes,dat person should be set ablaze

MI just created a genre called Alternative 9ja hiphop wit Number 1,that song na im children go use take dance atilogu dance for their end of year party
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2010
cou-gar:

weird taste? can you compare his first album to this garbage? please, be objective. like i mentioned earlier, it was his brilliance in the first album coupled with your sugarcoated review that made me jump the gun. if he came out with this album as his debut album, his career would have nosedived. he would probably be selling boli and epa in jos by now.

I never said anything about the lyrical skills on this album, I dare you to bring somewhere and I'll refnd you with £6.99.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

I never said anything about the lyrical skills on this album, I dare you to bring somewhere and I'll refnd you with £6.99.

i am not talking about his lyrical skills. personally, i see no difference with the lyrics on this one and his last album but the beats are hideously weak. this is a rap album not kanye west's love lockdown. the beats must slam. m.i. needs lyor cohen or swizz beats.for orientation. wack talking, wack acting, wack conversation. especially when some goons were looking for m.i. and they took waje instead. honestly, it was so kindergarten-ish. all those stuffs ain't necessary at all. he overplayed it and he focused more on the drama than the music. the album is a 4/10 for me.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Wordsmith(m): 12:34am On Dec 18, 2010
I've had MI's album for close to 2 weeks now. Gathering dust in a corner of my room. Listening thru the album, i couldn't help but inferr the album is more hype than substance. Largely internet hype, and Jude Abaga has to thank Choc City's PR/hype machine.

The album is a 3/10 for me. This has been his worst work, yet. Both lyrically and production-wise. And please, people should stop saying production on this album surpasses TAI, his previous album had if not the best in terms of production, one has seen on Nigerian Hip Hop albums (save for Gino's Pain Plus Work). If the argument were to be M.I2 is straight up poppy music, i'd mos def agree. But praising its lacklustre/mediocre production and claiming it's the signature for naija hiphop is a joke.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Mobinga: 4:06am On Dec 18, 2010
Wordsmith:

I've had MI's album for close to 2 weeks now. Gathering dust in a corner of my room. Listening thru the album, i couldn't help but inferr the album is more hype than substance. Largely internet hype, and Jude Abaga has to thank Choc City's PR/hype machine.

The album is a 3/10 for me. This has been his worst work, yet. Both lyrically and production-wise. And please, people should stop saying production on this album surpasses TAI, his previous album had if not the best in terms of production, one has seen on Nigerian Hip Hop albums (save for Gino's Pain Plus Work). If the argument were to be M.I2 is straight up poppy music, i'd mos def agree. But praising its lacklustre/mediocre production and claiming it's the signature for naija hiphop is a joke.

Thread Locked
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by mbulela1: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

i am not talking about his lyrical skills. personally, i see no difference with the lyrics on this one and his last album but the beats are hideously weak. this is a rap album not kanye west's love lockdown. the beats must slam. m.i. needs lyor cohen or swizz beats.for orientation. wack talking, wack acting, wack conversation. especially when some goons were looking for m.i. and they took waje instead. honestly, it was so kindergarten-ish. all those stuffs ain't necessary at all. he overplayed it and he focused more on the drama than the music. the album is a 4/10 for me.
that stuff was painfully long.
it was so embarrassing that i could not listen to it a 2nd time.
M.I has won the hype battle, so his works will never be viewed objectively and dissenting voices will forever be drowned out.
If any other decent artiste had done that prelude or Number one tracks, they would have been murdered by the powers that be.
I hope the hype does not make him settle into a comfort zone that kills his enormous potential.

I like Beef and My bele, my Head.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by mbulela1: 9:20am On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

weird taste? can you compare his first album to this garbage? please, be objective. like i mentioned earlier, it was his brilliance in the first album[b] coupled with your sugarcoated review that made me jump the gun[/b]. if he came out with this album as his debut album, his career would have nosedived. he would probably be selling boli and epa in jos by now.

With all due respect, seeking an objective view on MI's work from Eldee is like seeking same from Javalove on Mode 9's work.
it is not an indictment but most men have their blind spots. tongue
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Wordsmith(m): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2010
TAI was a mixture of ingenuity and creativity, both from M.I as a lyricist and Jesse as a producer. It was a work of songs for the clubs, for Hip Hop enthusiast and the introspective/conscious with each category having beats that catered to it. I mean, you could bob your head to Safe and appreciate the clever wordplay, while 2-stepping to Area and reflecting on ur Creator's goodness with Jehovah.

And save for the internet, the album doesn't seem to be doing well on the streets. At least, i keep my ears to the ground and nobody seems to be feeling it. Not even the non-Hiphop heads.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Rhymstein(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2010
@wordsmith
the album is doin well in benin city,not all d songs sha,number 1 is frequent on radio here and retail outlets play d album
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by kaypumpin2(m): 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2010
Rhymstein,Mr Benin-is-the-gauge-for-album-success. grin tongue
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Rhymstein(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2010
@kay pumpin
i didnt say so o,i jst said d album sold here

D dude i got frm sold up to 100 in 1day,even mobile cd retailers got d album

As per Benin City,d album dey sell,i aint sayin d album is dope o
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by darequam(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2010
I haven't really scrutiniced the album, but all the few peeps dat have given their view said its so so below is first album in terms of ratings
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by slimshay(m): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2010
@eldee, I told you I wasnt liking what I was hearing. Guess it wasn't only me.
It wasn't a bad album, but eerrrrm. . . . .
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2010
kay29000:

I didn't take time to read through all the comments, but i am just surprised that M.I is so big that he could generate this amount of views and replies, whether the album  is good or bad, i guess that is why he could get away with what he dropped.

And please, as someone said above, you can not get a justifiable review from eldee on anything that has M.I on it. I have had the album on my phone for like 2 weeks now, and i have listened to it countless times (because i want to review it for my blog), and i am going to try and sum it up- M.I was out to gain mass appeal on the album, that was why the lyrics were so dumbed down compared to his last album. And contrary to what a lot of people have been saying, the production all through the album is GOOD, it is just his lyrics are a shame- he uses metaphors here and there that were not needed and very unprofessional, "we go hard, self-service", "i am a lesbian, i only like women", "we never going out, no, we not dating", those a the few i can remember, but they are all over the album and can get very annoying for a real rap enthusiast, not a party music fan. I think what made this album bearable for me are the lovely hooks here and there, except for the one with TIMAYA, i think every hook was on point, very melodious hooks.

life is bisexual, anybody can blow - that has to be the weakest, lamest methaphor i have ever heard. abeg, m.i. needs to go back to his book of rhymes and make another album.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 6:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
*just whistling. .and walkin by*

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by neowelsh(m): 6:56pm On Dec 18, 2010
pls who sang, U S A beautiful x2 loving you feel so good.

i love dat song where can i download it. thanks
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
I see it's gang up against Eldee day on the Music Section.
I do understand where y'all are coming from, this is not an album for the hiphop fan, and M.I stated his intentions clearly.
Is it as good as TAI?? I don't think so . . . subjective. I said that many times?? Is it a different direction?? Yes . . . I noted that earlier too.

Now does M.I anything to prove to hiphop fans?? No . . . 'if you like my old ish buy my old album'.
He's succeeded in bringing the average Nigerian to hiphop, now he's taking hiphop to them. . . 'Number One' is probably your dad's favourite song, so is 'My belle oh', and 'One Naira' is banging on your sister's I-pod. . . even the 'best' lines on the album were the funny ones.

You can't call a man a failure for setting his own goal and achieving it. . . this has done much more for hiphop music in Nigeria than any other album out there, yep, tell them I said it.

Now you say I'm not being objective, but you're the one ignoring the fact that Afro-pop is a genre in it's own right, and has different criteria from hiphop. You're the one ignoring the fact that good music can exist without TAI metaphors, you're the one ignoring the fact that this is one of the most focussed albums in terms of direction, you're the one ignoring the fact that this guy talked to the Jos residents and Niger Deltans in a way they'll actually want to listen.

The only other people that have attempted this are the Eldees and Sound Sultans . . . but we all know not of them has had this huge impact.
So you guys can talk all you want, I'm happy to see a 'truly Nigerian' Nigerian rapper using a Nigerian concept and making a huge statement to Nigerians.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

I see it's gang up against Eldee day on the Music Section.
I do understand where y'all are coming from, this is not an album for the hiphop fan, and M.I stated his intentions clearly.
Is it as good as TAI?? I don't think so . . . subjective. I said that many times?? Is it a different direction?? Yes . . . I noted that earlier too.

Now does M.I anything to prove to hiphop fans?? No . . . 'if you like my old ish buy my old album'.
He's succeeded in bringing the average Nigerian to hiphop, now he's taking hiphop to them. . . 'Number One' is probably your dad's favourite song, so is 'My belle oh', and 'One Naira' is banging on your sister's I-pod. . . even the 'best' lines on the album were the funny ones.

You can't call a man a failure for setting his own goal and achieving it. . . this has done much more for hiphop music in Nigeria than any other album out there, yep, tell them I said it.

Now you say I'm not being objective, but you're the one ignoring the fact that Afro-pop is a genre in it's own right, and has different criteria from hiphop. You're the one ignoring the fact that good music can exist without TAI metaphors, you're the one ignoring the fact that this is one of the most focussed albums in terms of direction, you're the one ignoring the fact that this guy talked to the Jos residents and Niger Deltans in a way they'll actually want to listen.

The only other people that have attempted this are the Eldees and Sound Sultans . . . but we all know not of them has had this huge impact.
So you guys can talk all you want, I'm happy to see a 'truly Nigerian' Nigerian rapper using a Nigerian concept and making a huge statement to Nigerians.

eldee, you need to stop this your sugarcoatedness. every time a rapper has dropped a wack album, you are always quick to tell us the rapper has taken a new direction. you did that plenty of times with kanye west's love lockdown. an album that would make biggie and 2pac cringe in their graves. it's not new direction or new invention. it's wackness. m.i. miscued with this new album.and those skits were errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that album is meant for kindergarten kids, not for your types. tongue
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

eldee, you need to stop this your sugarcoatedness. every time a rapper has dropped a wack album, you are always quick to tell us the rapper has taken a new direction. you did that plenty of times with kanye west's love lockdown. an album that would make biggie and 2pac cringe in their graves. it's not new direction or new invention. it's wackness. m.i. miscued with this new album.and those skits were errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that album is meant for kindergarten kids, not for your types. tongue

Isn't there a trend in this, you guys have a type of music you consider good, any minor deviation is bad.
You did it with Jay-Z's Blueprint 3, all of Kanye's albums and now M.I. . . music is bigger than hiphop heads, the sooner you guys accept this the better.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

Isn't there a trend in this, you guys have a type of music you consider good, any minor deviation is bad.
You did it with Jay-Z's Blueprint 3, all of Kanye's albums and now M.I. . . music is bigger than hiphop heads, the sooner you guys accept this the better.

you must have me mixed up with someone else. i am not sure i commented on jay-z's album or kanye. m.i. didn't deviate alittle. he completely turned 180 degrees with this nu joint and you gotta admit he miscued deviating after just one album. so what happens next? another deviation? in my opinion, m.i isn't really sure about what he wants to represent. he has no identity.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

you must have me mixed up with someone else. i am not sure i commented on jay-z's album or kanye. m.i. didn't deviate alittle. he completely turned 180 degrees with this nu joint and you gotta admit he miscued deviating after just one album. so what happens next? another deviation? in my opinion, m.i isn't really sure about what he wants to represent. he has no identity.

Hehehe . . . he had two albums and one mixtape . . . M.I, Talk About It and Illegal Music, loads of collabos and features, if that's not enough to change direction then what is??
He has no identity?? Meaning he has refused to stick with one style for decades like your favourite emcee. grin grin

Abegi . . . M.I is the most musically talented rapper in Nigeria, restricting himself to your type of music will be a waste.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . he had two albums and one mixtape . . . M.I, Talk About It and Illegal Music, loads of collabos and features, if that's not enough to change direction then what is??
He has no identity?? Meaning he has refused to stick with one style for decades like your favourite emcee. grin grin

Abegi . . . M.I is the most musically talented rapper in Nigeria, restricting himself to your type of music will be a waste.

this woulda have been true 3 weeks ago but after hearing his new project, he is nowhere near the throne. i mean for a guy who spent most of his years in the continental usa, he should better. we both have ears. please explain the essence of the skits. granted, he was in a conversation with some kidnappers/bad guys. m.i. said he will triumph over them just to show that nigerians shouldn't give up their struggle to challenge our bad leaders. what is the correlation between m.i. and the bad guys and nigerians and their bad leaders? m.i's fans must be very dumb to accept that kind of discourse on an album. he should have made a documentary not chat poppycocks for one-third of an album making senseless conversation.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

this woulda have been true 3 weeks ago but after hearing his new project, he is nowhere near the throne. i mean for a guy who spent most of his years in the continental usa, he should better. we both have ears. please explain the essence of the skits. granted, he was in a conversation with some kidnappers/bad guys. m.i. said he will triumph over them just to show that nigerians shouldn't give up their struggle to challenge our bad leaders. what is the correlation between m.i. and the bad guys and nigerians and their bad leaders? m.i's fans must be very dumb to accept that kind of discourse on an album. he should have made a documentary not chat poppycocks for one-third of an album making senseless conversation.

I can't comment on the skits . . . and if to you, the type of skits is what makes the difference between a talented artiste and a wack one, then I can't make any more comments.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

I can't comment on the skits . . . and if to you, the type of skits is what makes the difference between a talented artiste and a wack one, then I can't make any more comments.

everything must work out perfect. it's an album - not jimmy jatt's jump-off freestyle. he had over 12 months to sort this out and he came up with that? let's even leave the skits aside for a moment, like i said in the previous comments, the whole lay-out was faulty. the gap between the end of one beat on track a to the start of the next beat on[b] track b [/b]was taking about 3 mins. how would you enjoy this album in a car when the beat stops then there's useless conversation at the end of the track and more useless conversation starts the next track? rappers generally put conversations/skits at the end of a song and if you are not in the mood to listen to it, the next track would start with the music. m.i. refused to follow that path. he just turned a rap album into a night of 1000 laughs cd. grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by lalaboi(m): 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2010
When did naija turn a strictly HipHop country?

Everybody one be Rap head/ hiphop head. . . . .complete BS!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2010
lalaboi:

When did naija turn a strictly HipHop country?

I taya ooh . . . my broda, even D'banj's hits are wack to these guys.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by lalaboi(m): 10:40pm On Dec 18, 2010

OvieO Ovie O notjustOk
#2 Lesson: Madd, dope, SICK lyrics dont always make Madd, dope, SICK HITS! , but d shallow ones mostly do. (Ask Dbanj & Psquare)
1 hour ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

OvieO Ovie O notjustOk
In music biz, if u wan chop, shine your eye well well! Create meaningful tracks, yes! But also consider the wider audience; The big picture!

You just gotta accept the fact that sometimes, Realness nor dey pay!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

I taya ooh . . . my broda, even D'banj's hits are wack to these guys.

that is not the point. his debut album got him his respect from the streets. why not stick to the main plan? are you now telling me m.i. would get more respect for this album than the first album? or are you telling me this new album will move more units than his debut? you gotta be having a laugh, mate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Backstreet Boys Versus Westlife: Who's Better? / Yoruba Rapper, Olamide Releases New Single, Titles It "young Erikina" / Wizkid's made In Lagos predicted To Be Nominated For Grammy's Album Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.