Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,818 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:20 AM

Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot (19420 Views)

What Are Your Favourites Shows On Nigeria Info Fm 99.3 / Critique: M.I 2 / Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2010
lalaboi:

You just gotta accept the fact that sometimes, Realness nor dey pay!

The funniest thing is that he ticked both boxes, he addressed really difficult issues and put it in a way most people would relate.
Infact I don tire to dey preach, anybody wey no like the album make im go take ata rodo do smoothie.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

The funniest thing is that he ticked both boxes, he addressed really difficult issues and put it in a way most people would relate.
Infact I don tire to dey preach, anybody wey no like the album make im go take ata rodo do smoothie.

that's a defeatist way of going about things.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by lalaboi(m): 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

Ata rodo do smoothie lol. . . craze man!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

that is not the point. his debut album got him his respect from the streets. why not stick to the main plan? are you now telling me m.i. would get more respect for this album than the first album? or are you telling me this new album will move more units than his debut? you gotta be having a laugh, mate!

Yes, it gets more street cred . . . if the streets you're talking about isn't Oxford street.
Yes, it moved more units . . . ask the sites where it broke online sales records and the guys that paid 20 mill for the rights to market his album in Nigeria and West Africa.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

that's a defeatist way of going about things.

I've made my opinions on the album known . . .

'I see it's gang up against Eldee day on the Music Section.
I do understand where y'all are coming from, this is not an album for the hiphop fan, and M.I stated his intentions clearly.
Is it as good as TAI?? I don't think so . . . subjective. I said that many times?? Is it a different direction?? Yes . . . I noted that earlier too.

Now does M.I anything to prove to hiphop fans?? No . . . 'if you like my old ish buy my old album'.
He's succeeded in bringing the average Nigerian to hiphop, now he's taking hiphop to them. . . 'Number One' is probably your dad's favourite song, so is 'My belle oh', and 'One Naira' is banging on your sister's I-pod. . . even the 'best' lines on the album were the funny ones.

You can't call a man a failure for setting his own goal and achieving it. . . this has done much more for hiphop music in Nigeria than any other album out there, yep, tell them I said it.

Now you say I'm not being objective, but you're the one ignoring the fact that Afro-pop is a genre in it's own right, and has different criteria from hiphop. You're the one ignoring the fact that good music can exist without TAI metaphors, you're the one ignoring the fact that this is one of the most focussed albums in terms of direction, you're the one ignoring the fact that this guy talked to the Jos residents and Niger Deltans in a way they'll actually want to listen.

The only other people that have attempted this are the Eldees and Sound Sultans . . . but we all know not of them has had this huge impact.
So you guys can talk all you want, I'm happy to see a 'truly Nigerian' Nigerian rapper using a Nigerian concept and making a huge statement to Nigerians.'
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

Yes, it gets more street cred . . . if the streets you're talking about isn't Oxford street.
Yes, it moved more units . . . ask the sites where it broke online sales records and the guys that paid 20 mill for the rights to market his album in Nigeria and West Africa.

publicity stunts. m.i. sold his soul to one alaba merchant because he got scared of the piracy in nigeria. from the snippets i got from a reliable source, the album is yet to move 10,000 units everywhere so all those online sales records might not really paint the full picture. firstly, this might actually be the first time online record sales have been monitored in nigeria so the first artiste will naturally break a record.

You can't call a man a failure for setting his own goal and achieving it. . . this has done much more for hiphop music in Nigeria than any other album out there, yep, tell them I said it.

if the above statement is true then arsene wenger isn't a failure but of course, we all know he is. what criteria are we using here to determine whether m.i. has achieved his goal? what is his goal? has he sold a platinum yet or what goal are we talking about here? so if m.i. releases a gospel album next time, you will say he has set his own goal and achieved it all over again. abeg, this does not wash with me. m.i. failed.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by mbulela1: 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
lalaboi:

When did naija turn a strictly HipHop country?

Everybody one be Rap head/ hiphop head. .  . . .complete BS!

i am not a hiphop head and never have been one.
As a music lover it is my considered opinion that this album is not worthy of the excessive hype.
A good album but nothing exceptional and the skits are way below expected standard.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2010
mbulela1:

i am not a hiphop head and never have been one.
As a music lover it is my considered opinion that this album is not worthy of the excessive hype.
A good album but nothing exceptional and the skits are way below expected standard.

rubbish skits you wouldn't find on the album of the wackest rapper in nigeria. if a new-comer did what m.i. did, the media would crucify him.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

publicity stunts. m.i. sold his soul to one alaba merchant because he got scared of the piracy in nigeria. from the snippets i got from a reliable source, the album is yet to move 10,000 units everywhere so all those online sales records might not really paint the full picture. firstly, this might actually be the first time online record sales have been monitored in nigeria so the first artiste will naturally break a record.

Stop saying what you don't know, every big album since 2008 has been sold online and monitored. . . the people that said this are the sites themselves.
Besides it also trended on Twitter . . . M.I rigged that too??

What stupid businessman will put 20mil on an album if he's not sure it will sell?? You do know he has to make a profit right??

cou-gar:

if the above statement is true then arsene wenger isn't a failure but we all know he is. of course, what criteria are we using here to determine whether m.i. has achieved his goal? what is his goal? has he sold a platinum yet or what goal are we talking about here? so if m.i. releases a gospel album next time, you will say he has set his own goal and achieved it all over again. abeg, this does not wash with me. m.i. failed.

I'm done bruv.
I can't argue with you about sales, you obviously don't know what you're saying if you think M.I 2 didn't sell more than Talk About It.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 11:16pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

Stop saying what you don't know, every big album since 2008 has been sold online and monitored. . . the people that said this are the sites themselves.
Besides it also trended on Twitter . . . M.I rigged that too??

if that is the case, kindly furnish me with the album sales of mode-9's last two albums, ruggedman and 9ice. please show me a billboard that actually says they sold xyz albums in week 1, week 2 and so on and forth. otherwise, this is just another lie plucked out of the ozone layer.

What silly businessman will put 20mil on an album if he's not sure it will sell?? You do know he has to make a profit right??

he's silly to have valued his album so cheaply. how much is 20 million naira? ruggedman's album is $10 per pop on itunes and m.i. sold the distribution of his album for pea-nuts.

I'm done bruv.
I can't argue with you about sales, you obviously don't know what you're saying if you think M.I 2 didn't sell more than Talk About It.

prove to me m.i.2 has sold more than talk about it. i hope you are not using youtube hits to determine album sales. grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
'Ask 2face, it's like toothpaste
Without your gist in their mouth it's like toothpaste
Just because say you no tie shoelace
They carry your gist around like suitcase

Ask Timaya ask Wande
They follow you bumper on Sunday
But do they yimu-yimu on Monday
If your fin boy too much they say you turn gay

If you must chop, then dey must chop
Everybody knows directions to your bus stop'

Are you being serious?? How can you say Nigerian's won't relate with this??
He went from Lil Wayne to Pidgin. . . and you say it's not more Nigerian than Talk About It??
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by hax: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

What silly businessman will put 20mil on an album if he's not sure it will sell?? You do know he has to make a profit right??
yes. by selling out. nobody complained that TAI was too 'hood' or 'hardcore'. it was just right. but he STILL had to water it down and make MI2.

I'm done bruv.
and why the fxck should i care that 30 million other people bought it if i didn't like it? why do you care about sales so much. Talk about it was a much more cohesive album, had better production and had better lyrics. MI2 was a rapper seling out to make money, and it hurt the music in the process.

and @eldee, if it's nigerian to spit wack punchlines like 'in their mouth like toothpaste'. . . it's no wonder people try to swim to the USA.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

'Ask 2face, it's like toothpaste
Without your gist in their mouth it's like toothpaste
Just because say you no tie shoelace
They carry your gist around like suitcase

Ask Timaya ask Wande
They follow you bumper on Sunday
But do they yimu-yimu on Monday
If your fin boy too much they say you turn gay

If you must chop, then dey must chop
Everybody knows directions to your bus stop'

Are you being serious?? How can you say Nigerian's won't relate with this??
He went from Lil Wayne to Pidgin. . . and you say it's not more Nigerian than Talk About It??

because m.i. is such a talented rapper, i wasn't focusing on his brilliance - i paid more attention to the flaws and the line. . . . . life is bisexual, anybody can blow stood out like a sore thumb.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 11:30pm On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

if that is the case, kindly furnish me with the album sales of mode-9's last two albums, ruggedman and 9ice. please show me a billboard that actually says they sold xyz albums in week 1, week 2 and so on and forth. otherwise, this is just another lie plucked out of the ozone layer.

Aiite let me put it like this, notjustok sold Dbanj, Eldee, Unstoppable, Da Grin and all those albums and came out to say, with all the albums they've marketed, M.I 2 has sold most.
Yeah, the sites are lying because they love M.I but hate Dagrin, I see where you're coming from. cheesy

he's silly to have valued his album so cheaply. how much is 20 million naira? ruggedman's album is $10 per pop on itunes and m.i. sold the distribution of his album for pea-nuts.

As usual you don't know what you're saying, the deal is for the hard copies in Nigeria and West Africa . . . the internet sales are not covered, the rest of Africa is not covered, it's like you've got this campaign to make Eldee wrong, but come on Sauron, you know me too well . . . weak stuff from your 'grapevine' cannot stand next to my word.

prove to me m.i.2 has sold more than talk about it. i hope you are not using youtube hits to determine album sales. grin

It has sold more, at least online . . .I'm sure of that cus M.I said it.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2010
hax:

yes. by selling out. nobody complained that TAI was too 'hood' or 'hardcore'. it was just right. but he STILL had to water it down and make MI2.
and why the fxck should i care that 30 million other people bought it if i didn't like it? why do you care about sales so much. Talk about it was a much more cohesive album, had better production and had better lyrics. MI2 was a rapper seling out to make money, and it hurt the music in the process.

Oh, so you agree that more Nigerians bought this one??
It doesn't hurt the music, it hurt the music, it hurts the hiphop . . . and I don't care bout what you like either, we've never agreed on an artiste, why should we start now??

hax:

and @eldee, if it's nigerian to spit wack punchlines like 'in their mouth like toothpaste'. . . it's no wonder people try to swim to the USA.

If you're not comfortable with a Nigerian album with a rapper using phrases that everyday Nigerians use, get a visa, they lifted the quota yesterday.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by hax: 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2010
eldee:

Oh, so you agree that more Nigerians bought this one??
It doesn't hurt the music, it hurt the music, it hurts the hiphop . . . and I don't care bout what you like either, we've never agreed on an artiste, why should we start now??
did i say that anywhere? i was just wondering why you cared so much.
sometimes i wonder why you listen to hiphop at all in the first place if you like corny pop production, corny punchlines, and corny hooks about beef and ponmo. look at the albums you've been hyping over the past few months.

BP3. i think i remember you saying it was better than American Gangster sef.
B.o.B's cra-ppy adventures
now MI2

pop. poppy feel-good trash.

If you're not comfortable with a Nigerian album with a rapper using phrases that everyday Nigerians use, get a visa, they lifted the quota yesterday.
seriously? if he's going to use phrases nigerian's use everyday, he's better off SINGING them instead of rapping them because they aren't deep enough to hold anyone's attention for a whole ALBUM. which is why you probably let the beats drown out the wack punchlines and nod your head thinking 'hmmm. . . it's MI, it's nice, it trended on twitter, and 300 billion people bought it, it must be sick.'

smh
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 12:28am On Dec 19, 2010
hax:

did i say that anywhere? i was just wondering why you cared so much.
sometimes i wonder why you listen to hiphop at all in the first place if you like corny pop production, corny punchlines, and corny hooks about beef and ponmo. look at the albums you've been hyping over the past few months.

BP3. i think i remember you saying it was better than American Gangster sef.
B.o.B's cra-ppy adventures
now MI2

pop. poppy feel-good trash.

When you understand that music goes beyond 'hard beats' and bragging pnchlines, then I can have a conversation about music with you, right now you're just another one of the blind hiphop heads that think Talib Kweli is MJ.

Listen to yourself . . .''he didn't use a 'hard' beat.'' grin grin . . . 'corny hook about beef and ponmo' . . . forgive me for not being confined to your myopic views on music.
Now because someone uses a Nigerian joke that's being there since forever on a hook, he's committed treason . . . I guess he's wrong for not using 'ham and stuffing' instead.

hax:

seriously? if he's going to use phrases nigerian's use everyday, he's better off SINGING them instead of rapping them because they aren't deep enough to hold anyone's attention for a whole ALBUM. which is why you probably let the beats drown out the wack punchlines and nod your head thinking 'hmmm. . . it's MI, it's nice, it trended on twitter, and 300 billion people bought it, it must be sick.'

smh

Oh . . .so now you're giving advice on how to make good music. grin grin
But didn't you guys throw your toys out of the pram when Kanye sang on 808's??

It's official . . . the hiphop head should be cut off . . . .from music. grin grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by hax: 12:39am On Dec 19, 2010
eldee:

When you understand that music goes beyond 'hard beats' and bragging pnchlines, then I can have a conversation about music with you, right now you're just another one of the blind hiphop heads that think Talib Kweli is MJ.
yes, i admit i'm kinda old-school when it comes to the hard beats, so i'll let that slide. but the album is full of WACK bragging punchlines innit? if he went all conscious and i was hating i would have understood that statement, but it doesn't make any sense, since he was bragging, and he wasn't even doing it right. compare it to the conscious sh-it on the track 'talk about it'. even the hook wasn't TOO out of place on that track.
in your mind you now know alot about 'music'. lmao

Listen to yourself . . .''he didn't use a 'hard' beat.'' grin grin . . . 'corny hook about beef and ponmo' . . . forgive me for not being confined to your myopic views on music.
yup. you're confined in YOUR myopic views on music. where jay-z ignoring his street/drug raps and b.o.b rapping 20-second verses and MI2 singing about beef and ponmo is cool. cheesy

Now because someone uses a Nigerian joke that's being there since forever on a hook, he's committed treason . . . I guess he's wrong for not using 'ham and stuffing' instead.
no one makes a diss track and sings about beef/ham/goat meat/shaki in it. it's just wrong.

Oh . . .so now you're giving advice on how to make good music. grin grin
But didn't you guys throw your toys out of the pram when Kanye sang on 808's??
i didn't like it. but i didn't hate it either. i knew he would still make something as good as MBDTF, so i quickly forgave him.

It's official . . . the hiphop head should be cut off . . . .from music. grin grin
yeahwhatever. lol
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by eldee(m): 1:00am On Dec 19, 2010
hax:

yes, i admit i'm kinda old-school when it comes to the hard beats, so i'll let that slide. but the album is full of WACK bragging punchlines innit? if he went all conscious and i was hating i would have understood that statement, but it doesn't make any sense, since he was bragging, and he wasn't even doing it right. compare it to the conscious sh-it on the track 'talk about it'. even the hook wasn't TOO out of place on that track.

As I said before, your idea of music is punchlines, hardbeats and 'deep' stuff. . . there's nothing wrong with your view, it's just different from mine.
I prefer 'Talk About It' and 'Illegal Music' but I do see a reason he'll do songs like 'My Belle oh', 'Number One' and 'Wild Wild West' and I'll be surprised if you understood, your view is myopic, and I'm tired of repeating myself.

hax:

yup. you're confined in YOUR myopic views on music. where jay-z ignoring his street/drug raps and b.o.b rapping 20-second verses and MI2 singing about beef and ponmo is cool. cheesy

Hehehe . . . I'm confined but I listen to the 'drug raps' and the Wutang Meets Indie while still having time to listen to pop music.
We should find a new definition for 'confined', and also change the definition of good music to mean 'hard beats' while you're at it cheesy

no one makes a diss track and sings about beef/ham/goat meat/shaki in it. it's just wrong.

Hehehe . . .that's what they said about Eminem's funny tracks. Oh yeah, you also think Eminem is wack, my bad. tongue tongue

i didn't like it. but i didn't hate it either. i knew he would still make something as good as MBDTF, so i quickly forgave him.

Oh so you forgave him?? Wow, isn't that just nice?? All is well with the world.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by hax: 2:16am On Dec 19, 2010
eldee:

As I said before, your idea of music is punchlines, hardbeats and 'deep' stuff. . .
awww. . . you know me so well. let's get married.
i've said many times i don't really care for punchlines. i DO have an ear for wack punchlines, and i feel the need to call them out when i hear them. i appreciate a sick punchline every now and then, but almost everything's cliche/overused now so you don't hear them often. too bad.

there's nothing wrong with your view, it's just different from mine.
I prefer 'Talk About It' and 'Illegal Music' but I do see a reason he'll do songs like 'My Belle oh', 'Number One' and 'Wild Wild West' and I'll be surprised if you understood, your view is myopic, and I'm tired of repeating myself.
i wonder why you bother to argue sometimes. you're basically agreeing with me.
i understand why he'd do 'my belle' and 'no. 1'. you do too. to please the mainstream and sell copies. the difference between me and you is that i don't like them and i think they're wack. do you get it now?
if my view is myopic, what's yours? you basically like everything that's pop and mainstream, so you think you're cooler than everybody else. thats your business ma niqqa. whatever floats your boat ma niqqa.

Hehehe . . . I'm confined but I listen to the 'drug raps' and the Wutang Meets Indie while still having time to listen to pop music.
We should find a new definition for 'confined', and also change the definition of good music to mean 'hard beats' while you're at it cheesy
mainstream and pop.
this is what you mean by expanding your sound right? to include more pop production and more singing right? good for you, everybody's doing it now. i'm sure 2010 was your best year of music in a loooong while. while everyone is arguing that hip hop is dead you're wondering why they're even complaining in the first place. because you love your pop music so much, that you don't get enough listening to real pop music, you have to hear even more of it in hip-hop. i understand, and sympathise.

Hehehe . . .that's what they said about Eminem's funny tracks. Oh yeah, you also think Eminem is wack, my bad. tongue tongue
keep putting words in my mouf foo.

Oh so you forgave him?? Wow, isn't that just nice?? All is well with the world.
yup. he's dropped another sick album. all is indeed well in the world.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Ibime(m): 3:21am On Dec 19, 2010
Musical direction wise, this album is still the blueprint.

I agree with those who said some of the punchlines are unprofessional though.

As for those complaining about production. WHATTTTT??!!!!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by ahmedoo(m): 8:02am On Dec 19, 2010
hmn
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by slimshay(m): 9:14am On Dec 19, 2010
@Ibime would you go this direction when you drop your s#it?

@eldee please remove those lyrics you posted. True MI has sumfin to say and he has chosen a more popular format to say it, bhu I don't think anybody will be feeling a star's pain hearing toothpaste, toothache, ask omotola, ask genevive over a solemn tune. Abeg. SauceKid's Elenu even did it better.

Like Hax said, nobody was complaining about TAI, so why go this way. And no sir, it aint anyfin new. At the least if it is, expect the backlash, in my opinion it is justified too.

Anyways deres still a lot to feel about the album. My Belle verse 2 & 3. . .very real!!! abbl, ati be be lo.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by Mobinga: 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2010
angry @Eldee, damn you. Why defend a crappy album? angry
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by sevo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2010
to anybody wey no like the album 'walk down the road and go hug transformer", "go bleach your head dey form sisqo", "climb NEPA pole begin dey dance disco"
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by cougar1: 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2010
eldee:

Aiite let me put it like this, notjustok sold Dbanj, Eldee, Unstoppable, Da Grin and all those albums and came out to say, with all the albums they've marketed, M.I 2 has sold most.
Yeah, the sites are lying because they love M.I but hate Dagrin, I see where you're coming from. cheesy

if m.i. gave notjustOK $50, they would say anything closely related to such nonsense. who is notjustOK? do they have the universal statistics of all naija hip hop albums or what is your point? so if tesco sells more ruff-ryder condoms means sainsbury didn't move more units of durex condoms more than everything tesco sold? eldee, please argue objectively. notjustOK can only comment on what they have sold. they don't speak for other online music stores.

As usual you don't know what you're saying, the deal is for the hard copies in Nigeria and West Africa . . . the internet sales are not covered, the rest of Africa is not covered, it's like you've got this campaign to make Eldee wrong, but come on Sauron, you know me too well . . . weak stuff from your 'grapevine' cannot stand next to my word.

who is sauron? are your eyes deceiving you? i am not here to campaign against eldee or m.i. i admit m.i. is a talented rap artiste and this is the more reason i am disappointed he deviated from the winning formula. if it ain't broke, why fix it?

It has sold more, at least online . . .I'm sure of that cus M.I said it.

sold more in comparison to what? if you are referring to his first album then he hasn't achieved anything cos as at the time he dropped talk about it, notjustOK were not selling naija albums then and it took m.i. several months to be on itunes. in other words, his online sales on[b] talk about it[/b] was non existent when it was hot in the market.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by yoji: 11:56pm On Dec 19, 2010
Attention all so called hip-hop heads, u guys are too few to be as significant as u think. u constitute lets say 5% of d music audience and believe me, 90% of this 5% reside in lagos. and most of u wont even buy an artists album even if their mothers brought it to ur door steps. u rather down load frm d net and u expect an artist to base his career on pleasin u, oh please.
after realisin TAI and illegal music, MI has NOTHING to prove to u. it was not time to make his own music which he did on this album.
most great rappers are allocated one classic album in their careers. Nas-illmatic, jay z-reasonble doubts, biggie-life after death, tupac -all eyes on me. so free MI joooorr,
i can authoritatively tell u dat in d north, his fans are buying it in multiples, either for their mums or babes!
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by miebijon: 12:47am On Dec 20, 2010
oboi, Eldee you get time ooo, dont see wat why you are really defendin this, its a pity bt people will always criticizes, i knw people that called TAI and ILLEGAL MUSIC crap,
this one came its wack, well its wack to you, good, get a better album, and move on pls.
and i wonda why people are worried abt his sales, if someone is worried abt my progress i just call the person WITCH,,,simple,
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by hax: 12:53am On Dec 20, 2010
yoji:

Attention all so called hip-hop heads, u guys are too few to be as significant as u think. u constitute lets say 5% of d music audience and believe me, 90% of this 5% reside in lagos. and most of u wont even buy an artists album even if their mothers brought it to your door steps. u rather down load frm d net and u expect an artist to base his career on pleasin u, oh please.
- Talk About It was hardly for the heads. it still sold millions and spawned crazy singles like safe and crowd mentality.
- in hindsight, Talk About It was genius. a classic. he managed to keep it hip-hop, while keeping it accessible to the average fan.

after realisin TAI and illegal music, MI has NOTHING to prove to u. it was not time to make his own music which he did on this album.
most great rappers are allocated one classic album in their careers. Nas-illmatic, jay z-reasonble doubts, biggie-life after death, tupac -all eyes on me. so free MI joooorr,
i can authoritatively tell u dat in d north, his fans are buying it in multiples, either for their mums or babes!
lol @ jay-z having 1 classic album. what happened to the blueprint and the black album?

and TAI was being bought in multiples as well. . . no one complained. MI2 just had to be watered down. i hope illegal music 2 makes sense ooo.
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by 04kaa: 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
what are u guys arguing about?, MI and jesse jags are here besides me reading this and we are both laughing at u people. grin
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
04kaa:

what are u guys arguing about?, MI and jesse jags are here besides me reading this and we are both laughing at u people. grin
3 of u are both laffin ??,  ok naa grin

oNe
Re: Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot by DBR: 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2010
Wat stupiddirection y'all even talkin bout sef??
Dumbin down na direction . . Mtcheeewwwww nonsense!*in m.i's voice in "Beef"*

Cant believe SALES is stil used to determine if an album is tight.
Em at his worst will still move unit. .y'all go get a brain jaare. .i dey vex!

Nor be only Blueprint. .na foot print. .sh.[i]![/i]t aint even novel.
plus, from Brymo,to Flavour, to Waje, Tuface, Praise. .all the hooks killed M.i watery verses!!!!
the "street" is not as lame or unintelligent as most y'all make-music-for-thestreet preachers make it.
And even if they are shud we not bring the street up there to enjoy good lyrical/poetic utterances. .whether in pidgin or queens english?

i will play "Number 1" very well, even wave ma white hanky to it . .
but im not deluded to think this album is a tight body of work. .far from it.
And y'all kno i fux with m.i. .i just think he's loosin up too soon!

I know he'l make up with a mixtape tho.
But for now, TAI >>>M.I 2 bleep units moved!

oNe

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Court Awards N50million In Favour Of Orits Wiliki / Twitter Music And Spotify Glamorizing Igbo And Shayo / 5 Proven Formulas To Making A Hit Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.