Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? (42647 Views)

Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria / Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study / Clinical Pharmacology Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by arinzos(m): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
0monnak0da:

You are ignorant and you refuse to think.

Pharmacology simply means the knowledge and study of medicines/drugs

This is studied to different levels and degrees by
doctors
nurses
drug manufacturers
pharmacists etc

Just like they study chemistry.
Chemistry is not a branch of anything

Pharmacology is as old as humanity in virtually all cultures whatever name you choose to call it

So if you use your head you will not talk about "independent courses" whatever that means

Pharmacology is older than universities and almost as old as humanity
How then is it a branch of pharmacy. The reality is that doctors used to be pharmacist,nurse,pharmacologist all combined.

That does not make one a branch of the other

fighting is not a branch of boxing rather it is boxing that is a branch of fighting
Okay bro.
Noted. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Jman06(m): 7:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
TollinsN:
Pharmacologist are the ones that does the drug research, extract drugs and chemicals from plants, use white rats to test those drugs to know if they are fit for human consumption and then make them into tablets, capsules, syrups, injections etc.
Pharmacists are the one that deals with drugs interactions (i.e. Which of the drugs can be used with another without side effects.), So also drugs dispensation and marketing.
Make them into tablets, capsules what

Pharmacologists have little or nothing to do with drugs formulation and compounding! Those are the core jobs of pharmacists!

Pharmacology is a relatively young discipline which arose due to need to produce teachers and researchers of the course to the medical professionals.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by 0monnak0da: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
Jman06:
Make them into tablets, capsules what

Pharmacologists have little or nothing to do with drugs formulation and compounding! Those are the core jobs of pharmacists!

Pharmacology is a relatively young discipline which arose due to need to produce teachers and researchers of the course to the medical professionals.
Pharmacology is as old as humanity
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Jman06(m): 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
0monnak0da:

Pharmacology is as old as humanity
You obviously haven't read the history of pharmacology.
It is a 19th century course created mainly for research!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by 0monnak0da: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
Jman06:
You obviously haven't read the history of pharmacology.
It is a 19th century course created mainly for research!
I do not get my knowledge from "reading"

That is the undergraduate mindset

I think. I use my head

Try it

Pharmacology IS NOT a course

Pharmacology has been with man ever since he started treating himself of disease
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by FlordFlorez(m): 2:14am On Dec 12, 2019
arinzos:

What i mean is Pharmacology is a branch of Pharmacy that became independent.
Just the way Dentistry was a Branch of Medicine that Became independent.
There was Nothing like Pharmacology as an independent course..it was studied Under Medicine/Pharmacy until it became Unique and stood on its Own.
I disagree with u. In the olden days, the health givers are known as herbalists. They do the work of diagnose (physician), care (nursing) and give out prepared herbal mixtures (pharmacy) until the diversification. Their name only changed to Pharmacologists. Infact, kudos should be given to then than pharmacists because they are the source of drugs. Its like giving kudos to a marketer of a product than its manufacturer.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Jman06(m): 7:42am On Dec 15, 2019
FlordFlorez:
I disagree with u. In the olden days, the health givers are known as herbalists. They do the work of diagnose (physician), care (nursing) and give out prepared herbal mixtures (pharmacy) until the diversification. Their name only changed to Pharmacologists. Infact, kudos should be given to then than pharmacists because they are the source of drugs. Its like giving kudos to a marketer of a product than its manufacturer.
Your ignorance is legendary!

With what knowledge will a pharmacologist formulate drugs into different dosage forms When they have absolutely no knowledge of pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical technology Nor a sound knowledge of pharmaceutical chemistry?? Not to talk of pharmacognosy

Please, if you have no understanding of a topic, try and keep off instead of exposing your ignorance!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by 0monnak0da: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
Jman06:
Your ignorance is legendary!

With what knowledge will a pharmacologist formulate drugs into different dosage forms When they have absolutely no knowledge of pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical technology Nor a sound knowledge of pharmaceutical chemistry?? Not to talk of pharmacognosy

Please, if you have no understanding of a topic, try and keep off instead of exposing your ignorance!!!

Your post reveals your immaturity .
It is clear from your post how old you are .

You cover your ignorance with bombastic talk

What exactly is "dosage form" "pharmaceutics" "pharmaceutic technology" and how are they exclusive preserve of pharmacists

You are the one that needs to keep quiet and stop talking rubbish.

For your information many doctors after graduating go on to be clinical pharmacologists I have never seen any go on to be pharmacists

Pharamacologists work in big firms like Pfizer Novartis etc researching and developing drugs with many performing core clinical roles and many are physicians.
Pharmacists are NOT pharmaceutical technicians so stop trying to mislead people.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Jman06(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
0monnak0da:

Your post reveals your immaturity .
It is clear from your post how old you are .

You cover your ignorance with bombastic talk

What exactly is "dosage form" "pharmaceutics" "pharmaceutic technology" and how are they exclusive preserve of pharmacists

You are the one that needs to keep quiet and stop talking rubbish.

For your information many doctors after graduating go on to be clinical pharmacologists I have never seen any go on to be pharmacists

Pharamacologists work in big firms like Pfizer Novartis etc researching and developing drugs with many performing core clinical roles and many are physicians.
Pharmacists are NOT pharmaceutical technicians so stop trying to mislead people.
Sorry!!!

Keep entertaining us with your ignorance!
Those who really know what's up would be laughing at you while reading your trashy posts here!

I know you're totally ignorant of what it entails to make drug into a quality product, it's obvious from your posts!

Continue in your delusion that after studying medicine ( abi BSc pharmacology sef), then pharmaceutical industries would employ you over a pharmacist with your 8 months lectures on BASIC pharmacology. You'll soon come to terms with reality!

It's either you're a 100 level medical student who has not yet understood what's up or you're a pharmacology student who is seriously wishing he/she can change the globally established standard and become a pharmacist through the backdoor.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by 0monnak0da: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Jman06:
Sorry!!!

Keep entertaining us with your ignorance!
Those who really know what's up would be laughing at you while reading your trashy posts here!

I know you're totally ignorant of what it entails to make drug into a quality product, it's obvious from your posts!

Continue in your delusion that after studying medicine ( abi BSc pharmacology sef), then pharmaceutical industries would employ you over a pharmacist with your 8 months lectures on BASIC pharmacology. You'll soon come to terms with reality!

It's either you're a 100 level medical student who has not yet understood what's up or you're a pharmacology student who is seriously wishing he/she can change the globally established standard and become a pharmacist through the backdoor.

You are obviously a young man with little experience of real life
You are still stuck in the undergraduate mindset

So Pharmacy is a drug manufacturing discipline?? Is that what you want people here to believe?

Sorry mate that is just wrong.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Jman06(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
0monnak0da:

You are obviously a young man with little experience of real life
You are still stuck in the undergraduate mindset

So Pharmacy is a drug manufacturing discipline?? Is that what you want people here to believe?

Sorry mate that is just wrong.

Well, pharmacy is the only discipline where students are exposed to 4 solid years of extensive training on drug manufacturing in a department of pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical technology. It is the only discipline students learn how to make drugs into different dosage forms like tablets, capsules, powders, injectables, pastes, ointments, creams, syrups etc. Lest i forget, they start from raw materials sourcing in pharmacognosy, to synthesis and analysis in pharm chem, and then ensuring that the products meet microbiological standards in pharm microbiology!

If the above is not training on drug manufacturing, then I wonder what is!

You definitely don't know what's going on in pharmacy training, so I'll suggest you stop arguing on what you have no knowledge about.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by 0monnak0da: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
Jman06:
Well, pharmacy is the only discipline where students are exposed to 4 solid years of extensive training on drug manufacturing in a department of pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical technology. It is the only discipline students learn how to make drugs into different dosage forms like tablets, capsules, powders, injectables, pastes, ointments, creams, syrups etc. If that is not training on drug manufacturing, then I wonder what is!

You definitely don't know what's going on in pharmacy training, so I'll suggest you stop arguing on what you have no knowledge about.

You are talking total bullshit?

You are a complete ignoramus

You think throwing around big words makes you smart?

What exactly is a department of pharmaceutics or pharmaceutic technology and how many can you name in Nigeria
The job of a Pharmacist is NOT to make drugs
There are many different disciplines involved in the manufacture of drugs
Chemists are scientists involved in the manufacture of many chemical drugs
Microbiologists are involved in the manufacture of agents especially those that are produces by other organisms like antibiotics
Then there are vaccines of different kinds usually developed by doctors/virologists etc
There are new advances in genetics and immunology with agents developed by genetics experts etc

Drug development is complex and constantly changing but the pharmacologist is a relatively insignificant player.

The role of the pharmacist depending on whether it is community or Hospital (clinical) has very little to do with drug development and manufacture

That is the essence of pharmacology which draws in chemists, biochemists,doctors,toxicologists,immunologists microbiologists etc

Penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming a doctor and pharmacologist he was not a Pharmacist

I could go on and on about drugs developed by doctors/pharmacologists

Pharmacists are glorified storekeepers

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by 0monnak0da: 6:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
Jman06:
Well, pharmacy is the only discipline where students are exposed to 4 solid years of extensive training on drug manufacturing in a department of pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical technology. It is the only discipline students learn how to make drugs into different dosage forms like tablets, capsules, powders, injectables, pastes, ointments, creams, syrups etc. Lest i forget, they start from raw materials sourcing in pharmacognosy, to synthesis and analysis in pharm chem, and then ensuring that the products meet microbiological standards in pharm microbiology!

If the above is not training on drug manufacturing, then I wonder what is!

Polio vaccine was developed by a doctor also a virologist tell us the drugs developed by pharmacists

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Period007(m): 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
0monnak0da:

What exactly is a department of pharmaceutics or pharmaceutic technology and how many can you name in Nigeria
Microbiologists are involved in the manufacture of agents especially those that are produces by other organisms like antibiotics
Then there are vaccines of different kinds usually developed by doctors/virologists etc
There are new advances in genetics and immunology with agents developed by genetics experts etc

Drug development is complex and constantly changing but the pharmacologist is a relatively insignificant player.

The role of the pharmacist depending on whether it is community or Hospital (clinical) has very little to do with drug development and manufacture

That is the essence of pharmacology which draws in chemists, biochemists,doctors,toxicologists,immunologists microbiologists etc

Penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming a doctor and pharmacologist he was not a Pharmacist

My friend shot up
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Jman06(m): 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2019
0monnak0da:

Pharmacists have been involved in research and the following are just some of the notable discoveries and inventions by pharmacists :

1. Coca cola drink was invented by a pharmacist.

2. Morphine which is an opioid analgesic was also discovered by a pharmacist

The list goes on

Meanwhile, drug researches and development is a multidisciplinary exercise.
At least, you have agreed with me that pharmacists are in charge of drug manufacturing which is an entirely different exercise from paper discovery...
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by 0monnak0da: 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
Jman06:
Pharmacists have been involved in research and the following are just some of the notable discoveries and inventions by pharmacists :

1. Coca cola drink was invented by a pharmacist.

2. Morphine which is an opioid analgesic was also discovered by a pharmacist

The list goes on

Meanwhile, drug researches and development is a multidisciplinary exercise.
At least, you have agreed with me that pharmacists are in charge of drug manufacturing which is an entirely different exercise from paper discovery...

Are you alright I agreed with you that pharmacists are in charge of anything? When and where?

Guy the primary people involved in drug development have been chemists ,biochemists, doctors who have also been pharmacologists

Drug manufacture is more a pharmacology function and often pharmacologists are doctors
Friedrich Sertürner was a chemist

Now drugs have gone beyond chemistry to involve immunology, genetics and biological agents. This is way beyond the knowledge of pharmacists
Many HODs in Pharmacology in Nigeria are doctors

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Period007(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
0monnak0da:

Are you alright I agreed with you that pharmacists are in charge of anything? When and where?

Guy the primary people involved in drug development have been chemists ,biochemists, doctors who have also been pharmacologists

Drug manufacture is more a pharmacology function and often pharmacologists are doctors

Now drugs have gone beyond chemistry to involve immunology, genetics and biological agents. This is way beyond the knowledge of pharmacists
Please stop posting here if u don't no there's a difference between the process of drug discovery and drug manufacturing
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by 0monnak0da: 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
Period007:

Please stop posting here if u don't no there's a difference between the process of drug discovery and drug manufacturing
You are bluffing and trying to escape cheaply

Stop trying to change the subject
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by shollish(m): 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
You no just get sense
Be enlightened and stop disgracing your family
0monnak0da:

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Jman06(m): 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
0monnak0da:

Sorry again bro! You're irredeemably lost!

Continue in your delusion, it'll not change what's already accepted worldwide.

I would have advised you to pick a typical pharmacy school curriculum to enlighten yourself, but it's obvious you don't want to learn!

Again, your delusion changes nothing!

Good night

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by HammedOlanaija(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by HammedOlanaija(m): 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by funsoul: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

"What's already accepted worldwide"this is pure wickedness and as it is you just showed us all that this is really what they taught every pharmacy students during their study.
Oga please get rid of your frustration. I happen to have studied pharmacology as first degree and currently running PhD. The truth is that world-wide pharmacologists can't dispense drugs. It's not a Nigerian thing (pls quote me if am wrong)

Firstly job opportunities in Nigeria is generally low for graduates irrespective of the course studied.
Secondly the opportunities for pharmacologists is even worse.

It's a pity you were not properly enlightened about the course before taking up the course. Very few of my course mates are working in anything related to pharmacology.
Of course I also wanted to study medicine but then got pharmacology

It's not too late for you to start making plans for after school because your certificate can only do a little for you in Naija.
Opportunities available to you in Nigeria along pharmacology line is
1. Lecturing
2. Marketing for drug companies (can be rewarding if you get a good company)
3.Pharmacy assistant in a pharmacy(depending on the location e.g lekki, you can earn ok)

Can't think of any other thing

But then you can always start your own business,
Get other skills e.g along IT line, or try to get admission to study another course that has more opportunities
I know someone with first degree in zoology, came to school of nursing for 2and1/2 years and started practicing. From there got admission for B.sc nursing. But take note that she started working with the school of nursing certificate as a registered nurse.

Your options are as vast as you want it to be
Please understand the reality on ground now before you leave school so you can fashion a plan out for yourself.

Stop debating with pharmacists, it is what it is.

Read a thread here of someone with first degree in biochemistry,M.Sc and PhD but couldn't get a decent job, took up web dev and programming and now a data analyst

So please broaden your view,so this country ould not make you suicidal

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Period007(m): 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

If not for wickedness why do you want someone that study pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic system of drugs not to practice drug sale or make drugs.This are the racists in drug field.
Please kindly define Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics(these 2 are the summary of wat Pharmacology is all about nothing more nothing less),then I will give u a good lecture on Pharmaceutics(this particular branch of pharmacy widens the gap between pharmacIst and non pharmacist in the pharmaceutical world)
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by shollish(m): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
It is what it is.
Because of the Nigerian factor
If it had been in a developed country where every course has a role,you would not be complaining.
Even professionals are having a quite hard time fixing themselves into the society here. So its not that really easy for us too.
HammedOlanaija:

"er leBEASTS!....People commits suicide after reading your interviews,articles about the uselessness of pharmacology.Stop it!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by HammedOlanaija(m): 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by HammedOlanaija(m): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
Period007:

Please kindly define Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics(these 2 are the summary of wat Pharmacology is all about nothing more nothing less),then I will give u a good lecture on Pharmaceutics(this particular branch of pharmacy widens the gap between pharmacIst and non pharmacist in the pharmaceutical world)
Pharmacodynamics - what drugs do to the body and how.
Pharmacokinetic- what body does to drug and how
Pharmacodynamics studies the effects of a drug on biological systems, and pharmacokinetics studies the effects of biological systems on a drug. In broad terms, pharmacodynamics discusses the chemicals with biological receptors, and pharmacokinetics discusses the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME) of chemicals from the biological systems.
SoWhat were you thinking when they said biological system,rats,mouse,rabbit only??��bro don't talk about what you don't know cos you only heard pple saying the motion pharmacology is useless and you tend to support it with your level of ignorant
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by HammedOlanaija(m): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
shollish:
It is what it is.
Because of the Nigerian factor
If it had been in a developed country where every course has a role,you would not be complaining.
Even professionals are having a quite hard time fixing themselves into the society here. So its not that really easy for us too.
Bro that's the problem and this is just a small push up to change what the country think about it.And you seem to be the only sensible person I ever met on this site....Thanks for comprehending�I recently talked with a pharmacologist in egypt jst yesterday oo.And this dude told me he is in hospital pharmacy dispensing drugs to patients.I was really dumb for a moment because my own country nigeria have this pple who want to control the whole system due to their selfishness
Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Jman06(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

"What's already accepted worldwide"this is pure wickedness and as it is you just showed us all that this is really what they taught every pharmacy students during their study.And to top it all these set of pple keep derailing pple and changing their mindset about pharmacology.How can you even make a rule and prohibit pple that studied pharmacology and earned various degrees especially those with BSc.degree not to practice drug sale.This is wickedness at its peak,someone that studied the basis of drugs right from their 2nd level in universities and taught every bit of things they need to know during their course of study.Wow! You can imagine,only pharmacists want to rule,we all went to school like you do.If it get to some point you will say pharmacologists work in laboratory and not hospitals I bet you didn't know about clinical pharmacologists.For heaven's sake this is really awkward and absurd,you want them to study for four years,spend almost a million during their course of study.Take me for an example I did jamb and scored 232 but unfortunately got 42% in PUTME that's sad as it seems cos I opted for medicine as first choice and pharmacy as second choice.I didn't got admission through jamb till date and was never offered any course in BMS.It was after sometime I learnt that a guy who got 204 and 32% was offered anatomy even tho he chose medicine as 1st choice and pharmacy as 2nd choice just like me.I later learnt from someone that "if you no get leg you no fit enter uni".I didn't gave up and still went on to do JUPEB .I was given pharmacology anyway but unfortunately I made my parents bankruptee all because of "making it in life".We spent almost N600,000,for jst a year programme.And later got admission(thanks to God for his grace,amstill thanking him for that till date because I know he will never fail me) and still went through mates like us calling us D.E student(Half bake students as they call us).I can't believe the school too tagged us bastard and make us pay school fees like the fresh students(paying high fees)we even paid the acceptance.Now am in 400l after spending 100k+ each for the 3 levels(200L,300L,400L).I can't believe with all this you still want me to graduate and end in a laboratory especially in Nigeria,what a pity! You want me to sit down and make drugswhen even you that pple termed as superior professionals as you people call it can't even make....And lastly my question is if you were in my shoes and ended up in a laboratory as a pharmacologist.What will be your service to pple in exchange for money....Who will patronize you?��Give them drugs you madePharmacists that say pharmacologist cannot work in a hospital after studying the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic,origin,therapeutic use,toxicological effect of drugs are BEASTS!....People commits suicide after reading your interviews,articles about the uselessness of pharmacology.Stop it!
There's nothing like "practicing drug sales"! Dispensing of prescribed drugs are guided by laws and only pharmacists are trained on that. That is what it is worldwide! It is not only about ensuring that patients make the best use of their drugs through counseling and follow ups, it is also about SECURITY of the nation and maintaining the sanity of the citizens.

Why do you Nigerians like to cut corners and stand the truth on its head just for your selfish reasons? In which other countries of the world do people who study pharmacology " practice sales of drugs " like you put it?

BSc pharmacology is about research and teaching! It does not in any way mean that they are not important though. But you just have to know your place and stop doing what you're not trained for. That's common sense!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by shollish(m): 7:42am On Apr 13, 2020
Yes Bro
But please erase the thought of pharmacist being selfish, even in hospitals here,majority don't have pharmacist dispensing drugs, they just employ anyhow person to do that so the pay won't be much maybe 20k , its only in big federal establishment you would find pharmacists mainly.
The laws governing control of drugs that is sale,manufacture,distribution etc is solely designated to pharmacists, you know why ,?
Because so that they can be regulated easily, they have a body (pharmacists council of nigeria) every pharmacist with his/her practising license. (As professionals) pharmacologists are not in a professional image hence cannot be assigned and they are many hence would further increase the chaotic drug distribution system we are fighting. The training Pharmacologists have in this country cannot enable them charge over drugs, there are many deep things underneath, I wouldn't go on to start mentioning various course outlines but the truth is that some courses like pharmacology ought not to be in a not yet developed country like Nigeria . its only lecturing, research you can do with your degree. pharmacists are not having the good jobs on a platter of gold as you may think, the hustle is real as pharmacists are increasing in number, there are about 24 pharmacy schools in nigeria, meaning pharmacists ratio would increase and there is no solution to your plight in sight. You get me? You can Go back for direct entry if you so like to handle drugs.
HammedOlanaija:

Bro that's the problem and this is just a small push up to change what the country think about it.And you seem to be the only sensible person I ever met on this site....Thanks for comprehending�I recently talked with a pharmacologist in egypt jst yesterday oo.And this dude told me he is in hospital pharmacy dispensing drugs to patients.I was really dumb for a moment because my own country nigeria have this pple who want to control the whole system due to their selfishness

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? by Period007(m): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
HammedOlanaija:

Pharmacodynamics - what drugs do to the body and how.
Pharmacokinetic- what body does to drug and how
Pharmacodynamics studies the effects of a drug on biological systems, and pharmacokinetics studies the effects of biological systems on a drug. In broad terms, pharmacodynamics discusses the chemicals with biological receptors, and pharmacokinetics discusses the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME) of chemicals from the biological systems.
SoWhat were you thinking when they said biological system,rats,mouse,rabbit only??��bro don't talk about what you don't know cos you only heard pple saying the motion pharmacology is useless and you tend to support it with your level of ignorant
Ignorant?.
Boy,I am a licensed pharmacist,don't talk to people u don't know anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces / 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology / Covenant University, Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sex Scandal: Osi Osi, Graduate Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.