Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,431 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? (3687 Views)

Chymall A Family Friendly Business. Chymall.net Is Registered / What Wife Friendly Occupation Would You Suggest? / Can Someone Recommend A User Friendly Men's Condom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
Just watched an ad for some noodle brand

Not very impressive animation, but that's not even the point

The animated noodles - obviously a male figure--first brags about how a lady likes him.

Then he steps up to the lady at the kitchen and strips off his cover "I'm all yours" he exclaims as he jumps into her pot

On the surface, the ad may seem innocuous, but I think it's hypocritical to condone ads with obvious sexual innuendo and then wonder about increased cases of sexual violence in society.

Must sex be used to sell everything?
Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
grin

Back then in school, just tell a girl you have noodle and egg she’ll come with the speed of light to cook herself noodles and...........you know!!!

That’s where this ad comes in grin
Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:51am On Dec 11, 2019
alignacademy:
Just watched an ad for some noodle brand

Not very impressive animation, but that's not even the point

The animated noodles - obviously a male figure--first brags about how a lady likes him.

Then he steps up to the lady at the kitchen and strips off his cover "I'm all yours" he exclaims as he jumps into her pot

On the surface, the ad may seem innocuous, but I think it's hypocritical to condone ads with obvious sexual innuendo and then wonder about increased cases of sexual violence in society.

Must sex be used to sell everything?
You're right, I watch it everyday and I question the morality of that advert. There is also the point where they made a certain romantic statement when the lady wanted to put a forkful of the noodle in her mouth.
I'm not in anyway against the company but I feel that commercial should at least be rated 15+ yet it runs on almost every channel you watch on dstv

2 Likes

Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

You're right, I watch it everyday and I question the morality of that advert. There is also the point where they made a certain romantic statement when the lady wanted to put a forkful of the noodle in her mouth.
I'm not in anyway against the company but I feel that commercial should at least be rated 15+ yet it runs on almost every channel you watch on dstv

Thanks for sharing

(I didn't even mention the part about when the noodles were asked how it feels to be inside the lady or something)

Yes, I actually watched this ad on the DSTV Family channel!

And I agree with you: some sort of restriction would be ideal to limit such ads to a mature audience.

But seriously, what were the ad agency people even thinking? That I would switch my noodle choice because of a few lewd jokes? Brother, pleeaase!

Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by nadesh(f): 9:37am On Dec 11, 2019
It's minimee advert. Very nonsence something

2 Likes

Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:56am On Dec 11, 2019
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing

(I didn't even mention the part about when the noodles were asked how it feels to be inside the lady or something)

Yes, I actually watched this ad on the DSTV Family channel!

And I agree with you: some sort of restriction would be ideal to limit such ads to a mature audience.

But seriously, what were the ad agency people even thinking? That I would switch my noodle choice because of a few lewd jokes? Brother, pleeaase!

Thanks again

These are the stupid commercials...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk27dS6loJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM1gAOUIJYE
Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Sanchez01: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

These are the stupid commercials...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk27dS6loJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM1gAOUIJYE
These ads are very disturbing, considering the fact that their target audience are supposed to be kids and teenagers.

I wonder if we have a body that preview these ads before the companies involved purchase airtime from various television stations.

5 Likes

Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by YovvInteriors(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
cool cool cool

Contact me for POP Ceiling, Wall Screeding and Arc/Pillar pop design.
Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Electroweb(m): 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
I thought I am the only one that finds the advert inappropriate for children.

1 Like

Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Cedarlivia(f): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
Very inappropriate advert. I wish they have a Facebook page or something, I would have given them a piece of my mind.

A plate of noodles sees a fine girl, screams "very hot" and strips off its clothes. How does that relate?
The annoying thing is that they show this on African Magic Family that's supposed to be for the entire family.

1 Like

Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 01, 2021
Cedarlivia:
Very inappropriate advert.

I agree

Cedarlivia:
A plate of noodles sees a fine girl, screams "very hot" and strips off its clothes. How does that relate?

I have NO clue what they're hoping to achieve with that.

Even from a marketing point of view, I don't see how that's going to convince anyone to buy the product

Maybe I'm not in their target audience anyway...

1 Like

Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by Cedarlivia(f): 9:09am On Feb 04, 2021
alignacademy:

I agree

I have NO clue what they're hoping to achieve with that.

Even from a marketing point of view, I don't see how that's going to convince anyone to buy the product

Maybe I'm not in their target audience anyway...
My thoughts exactly!

1 Like

Re: Is This TV Ad Family-friendly? by chii8(f): 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2021
Uwa nmebi!!!!

We overrate sex in this country abeg!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes / Toys For Kids Daddy And Mummy / Would You Date A Single Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.