Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes (3697 Views)

Married Men, What Is Your Experience With Single Ladies? / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? / I Caught My Wife Selling Her Nude Pictures To Other Men. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by buknija: 8:04am On Jan 12, 2020
Hi guys, this episode am about to drop happened 3 and the half years ago. It might a bit of a long write up, its just for the sake of deeper understanding of my plight here. My wife and I went to a restaurant where I normally go during lunch hours at work, I am pretty known there by the employees. On getting there, it was only madam that wanted to eat, so as were about to pay for the take away food, the lady at the cash point said, sir are you not eating? My wife exploded in a loud tone which sent tremble down the spine of most customers in the restaurant, she said how is that your business? Can he not eat from what I bought? The lady was like no sorry mah, hes our regular customer, i was surprised he isnt eating, the tension was in the air for about some minutes, I was mute though cos I didnt expect the outburst from my wife,although I was a bit embarassed.

On getting into the car, she started with me, its ur fault, i said how, she said if its not for the fact that the lady is tripping for you, she ought not to have asked you if you wanted to eat or not, i was like wow, my fault? how in the hell would u define that as my fault? That im the one in the position to express disappointment in your public outburst. We got home oo, next thing...am taking the kids out in a raging voice, i was like to where, she was like i dont know, then I replied saying u know the rules, u cant take kids out without me having knowledge of where you guys are going, next thing is i am sure you have something to do with the girl, since you are not in support of my ourburst, saying she will make sure she does something in return to make me feel bad,i was now like that is an olosho attitude, you cant pay evil without concrete reason. Next thing, she had gone to the kitchen to get a knife, threatning to stab me, which initially was like the 5th time she would threaten me with a knife in a time frame of 3 years. Immediately, I informed my mum about the incident and told her I want to hold a meeting with the father with her attendance, am ending the marriage, I cannot die because I married.

Its a long story though, so i will need to cut it short, during the period when the meeting was called for, she had hinted her father of the ongoing issue, no father wants a divorce, so i overheard she and her sister saying she and her dad already planned to pin something on me so as to overturn the allegation i have against her. I just waited to know what it was until the day the meeting was held. The man came and I explained myself and why I want the marriage dissolved, next thing the man would say to her daughter is, do you have anything to say, she said well the reason why she has been misbehaving is because she saw weed in the glove compertment of the car. I was stunned to know that that was their initial plan, next thing the man just stood up, if you are truly smoking weed, then aiye e ma baje ni, meaning your life go spoil, I was moved to tell him to get out of my house, then my mum winked at me to chill, next thing he sat and started rambling then out of his anger started hitting my 74 year old mother on her shoulder, then I was about to stand up and probably just do the unknown, my mum winked again, I was so angry that I could not do anything, the tension now dampened, nxt thing my 3 years plus son came out from the room and said, grandpa dont say that, with his finger placed on his lips, showing a keep shut sign, that is in approach to the fact that he laid curse on me, it was basically based on what i have thought them, the man responded, am sorry..the initial moment when shame caught up with him that a 3 year old came to caution you.

All in all, he was calm, begged and asked me to forgive her, laid rules and promised she will never do such again, my mother too alligned and that was the end. From then till now, no issue of weapon though we still have numerous issues. Not until some days ago when something came up, i gave her the silent treatment since i figured she was raging, in order to get me to talk, she used my ailment to make gest of me, i got angry and pulled her clothe to tell her that, no matter what, you dont use peoples ailment to form abusive attack or to attract cheap attention, she was with a biro, and was pointing that biro towards me like she was going to pluck out my eye, that gave me a resounding reminder that, one day something heated might just make this woman end my life one day, am thinking of fleeing away when my kids are about the age I can feel comfortable doing that,since them no want make i divorce am. Am still sort of living in the fear of the unknown, maybe one day she'll just end me.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2020
Summarize
Well We'll both of you are inconclusive
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by dawnomike(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2020
My brother, you two have a lot to imbibe... I am not a fan of divorce boy pls your life is more important.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Olalan(m): 8:13am On Jan 12, 2020
OP your life is at risk here..........one day your story might just hit FrontPage headlines for being stabbed by his wife.

8 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by matrixmuzi: 8:14am On Jan 12, 2020
One day it will happen. Just be careful.Talking from experience.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Nukilia: 8:21am On Jan 12, 2020
1. @ Op, you are really trying by living with a mental patient.
2. Send you wife to a psychiatrist ASAP
3. Take your children away from her and disappear before she finish you or you mistakenly finish her

5 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Amanee(f): 8:22am On Jan 12, 2020
This one na knife no be wife

Watch out op, let her not send you to your early grave

4 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by crackkhaus: 8:26am On Jan 12, 2020
You are probably the safest person in that house, it's your kids you should be looking out for.

A woman who can pick up knives to threaten her husband inside a home where there are children, is a danger to herself and those kids.
These are the kind of rare circumstances that allow courts to take children away from their mothers.

If you do decide to get a divorce, you will probably be given custody especially when your kids can attest that they have seen their mother threatening you with a knife.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 12, 2020
I think you know your life and your children are in danger. she might be teaching those children some negative things about you and the children will grow up to hate you for it

8 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by sparog(m): 8:43am On Jan 12, 2020
Be a man and take a stand, stop thinking to do something, do it outrightly. Save yourself the trouble now or one day you'll end up regretting it.

The society has turned most of our men to sissies these days.

African men of old would not condone such

6 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by crackkhaus: 9:00am On Jan 12, 2020
sparog:
Be a man and take a stand, stop thinking to do something, do it outrightly. Save yourself the trouble now or one day you'll end up regretting it.

The society has turned most of our men to sissies these days.

African men of old would not condone such
This is another angle.

For a woman to have the guts to brandish knives in front of her husband, it must mean she sees him as being incapable of anything.

Too bad.

6 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Uyi168: 9:26am On Jan 12, 2020
Op,sorry to ask ,are u in any way handicapped ?

5 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Graxie(f): 9:31am On Jan 12, 2020
My problem is that your father in-law seems to be irresponsible, I am sure your wife is also taking weed. Pray for her, God hates divorce. Continue petting her, shower her with gifts. A good man builds his home. No perfect marriage anywhere. Meanwhile, let's hear her version too, a wife can not just start carrying knife just like that that. Lest I forget, midnight prayers does wonders. Please answer some of these questions, where did you meet your wife? Didn't you notice her anger issues ? How are you sure the next woman will be better? Some of our parents endured more or are you cheating already? Please be patient with your wife, women are babies. Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Belafonte(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2020
Oga OP, I think you still live under the illusion that people will treat you with the same respect that you treat them. I am happy to let you know that that is not the case. And with a woman who has threatened to stab you countless times without remorse, I think your survival should be your highest priority. I truly do not know how you can sleep with that kind of person in the same house. You think she can’t poison you? grin. Nigga you will die and nothing will happen.

I don’t know how you people see marriage these days o, but let me tell you categorically that today’s women don’t want to get married, they only do because of societal pressure, which is why they’re always looking for a made man to marry because that’s their compensation for being in an institution they detest.

So, to your question, sir I’m not married but I can categorically tell you that the day that man slapped my mother on the shoulder is the day that marriage would have ended because I would have given him the sternest, most -threatening warning of his life and if he had repeated it it would become a police matter because I will knock his ass out. He even told you “aye e maa baje” on top his daughter’s misbehavior fa. It’s your fault na, they have you sh*t to chop and you ate it, swallowed it and told them thank you.

Nigga, divorce is the first option in marriage in today’s world. If it is not working or both parties do not see eye-to-eye, pack your sh*t up and call it deuces. If you are killed, you will be buried and there’s no coming back from death. O tan fun e niyen.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Pavore9: 9:52am On Jan 12, 2020
It is now beyond getting your families to intervene, you two should go have sessions with a professional marriage therapist who can without bias help you both process the health of your marriage and that will give you both the opportunity to come to an informed decision to either go your separate ways or work towards rebuilding your relationship with each other.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Belafonte(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2020
crackkhaus:

For a woman to have the guts to be branding knives in front of her husband, it must mean she sees him as being incapable of anything.

Too bad.

Personally, I wouldn’t feel comfortable being around, let alone sleeping beside, someone who brandishes knives at the slightest marital conflict.

The fact that Buknija still lives with her remains inconceivable to my mind. Like someone threatened to stab you, not once, not twice but six times and you dey snore like he-goat beside am? I cannot.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by LadySarah: 9:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Haa. You need a separation or something.
Op, send ur wife to see a therapist or both of you a counselor. She should go from her house for now.

Living with such person is quite risky.
Depression might be eating her up.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by NwaAmaikpe: 10:01am On Jan 12, 2020
shocked

Wait.
Something isn't right here; most couples always have furious make-up sex.

So I was expecting to hear you say that when you pulled her cloth, you fvcked the living daylight out of her so that she truly won't use your medical condition to make fun of you.

But you didn't say that.
What is your medical condition because the truth is that she no more sees a man in you.

Simply put, you've lost your leadership of the home but it is time for you to regain that as long as you are not impotent.

For her to always pick up knives show that she loves wild adventure so please give her that and this is how to;

Send the kids away,
Take her out for a dinner. While there, give her lovely perfumes and sexy lingeries you bought as gifts for her.
Tell her even more beautiful things than you did when you were wooing her.
Make her feel wanted and extremely loved.
Drive through the beautiful parts of town and create memories as you do this.

Tell her you that you've been a jerk all the while but you've realized your wrongs and want to show her that she is your world.
Own up to what ever wrongs she accuses you of and be lavish with your apologies.

Bring her home then put on some nice Teddy Pendergrass's songs and serenade her if you can while whispering words of worship into her ear lobes.
Watch her grow hornny and yearn for you.

Eulogize her anatomy.
Tell her she's the epitome of perfection since not even childbearing deformed the circumference of her aperture.

She'd end up spreading her legs wider than San Siro's goal post for you.
Have no mercy when you are pounding it. Pummel it faster than the hands of Akin the drummer boy and drill it like you are looking for a means of escape from a DSS holding cell.

Just fvck her like you are about to die.

Don't stop even if she's quivering.
That's the only way to make her see the man in you once again.

When you're done, switch moods like you are suffering from an acute dissociative personality disorder.

Begin to treat her like trash, ensure that you make her feel used every second of the day.
Tell her she can leave with the kids because she is the worst mistake of your life and that is the truth.

Only then would you have turned the tables.
You'd finally agree with economists that scarcity truly increases demand.

Because right now, your wife is suffering from the Law of diminishing marginal utility and a family who prefers her as a single hoe.
While you my brother are a stone-hearted masochist for not knowing that you deserve better.

Learn to love yourself.
Over to Lalasticlala and the other elders.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Kendumazy(m): 10:12am On Jan 12, 2020
This is huge
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Pidginwhisper: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2020
Op you better run for your life. That tout you call Wife will definitely stab you one day. Pick race when you can. No let anybody convince you, you need to man up

3 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by buknija: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2020
Graxie:
My problem is that your father in-law seems to be irresponsible, I am sure your wife is also taking weed. Pray for her, God hates divorce. Continue petting her, shower her with gifts. A good man builds his home. No perfect marriage anywhere. Meanwhile, let's hear her version too, a wife can not just start carrying knife just like that that. Lest I forget, midnight prayers does wonders. Please answer some of these questions, where did you meet your wife? Didn't you notice her anger issues ? How are you sure the next woman will be better? Some of our parents endured more or are you cheating already? Please be patient with your wife, women are babies. Thanks.

We only met just 2 weeks after she got pregnant, 1 month later we were forced into marriage.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by CAPSLOCKED: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2020
buknija:

We only met just 2 weeks after she got pregnant, 1 month later we were forced into marriage.

YOUR SUFFER NEVER EVEN START.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by crackkhaus: 10:33am On Jan 12, 2020
Belafonte:

Personally, I wouldn’t feel comfortable being around, let alone sleeping beside, someone who brandishes knives at the slightest marital conflict.

The fact that Buknija still lives with her remains inconceivable to my mind. Like someone threatened to stab you, not once, not twice but six times and you dey snore like he-goat beside am? I cannot.
He might have a death wish, who knows.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by yeyeosoronga: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2020
They forced you to marry, they're forcing you not to divorce.
When will you ever be accountable for your own life and circumstances?
Did they also force you to Bleep her unprotected 2 weeks after meeting with her?
Your son might not even be yours, and a pregnancy pinned on you, sucker.
You need to grow some balls and take charge of your own life.
You've only seen small breeze o, a whirlwind is still on its way

8 Likes

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Unpussified: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2020
Get out of that union fast. Ur kids will be fine
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Keiris: 11:57am On Jan 12, 2020
buknija:

All in all, he was calm, begged and asked me to forgive her, laid rules and promised she will never do such again, my mother too alligned and that was the end. From then till now, no issue of weapon though we still have numerous issues. Not until some days ago when something came up, i gave her the silent treatment since i figured she was raging, in order to get me to talk, she used my ailment to make gest of me, i got angry and pulled her clothe to tell her that, no matter what, you dont use peoples ailment to form abusive attack or to attract cheap attention, she was with a biro, and was pointing that biro towards me like she was going to pluck out my eye, that gave me a resounding reminder that, one day something heated might just make this woman end my life one day, am thinking of fleeing away when my kids are about the age I can feel comfortable doing that,since them no want make i divorce am. Am still sort of living in the fear of the unknown, maybe one day she'll just end me.

Dear buknija,
it seems to me that you have already made up your mind about leaving your wife and the reason why you are still around are your children. I am glad you consider them in your decision making because trust me they suffer in this home and from the effects of the dysfunctional marriage. Even though it is the best for children to grow up in a loving home, the effects of a dysfunctional marriage can be worse than divorce. This is not me telling you to leave because there maybe still is a chance to save this marriage but I am not sure whether you still consider this option even remotely because from your write-up it appears that the two of you have become each other's enemies. If you think deeply and remember any good times, is there any little spark of love left for your wife? The answer to this question should determine your future decisions.

Now to the bold:
Silent treatment is considered a form of psychological abuse. You have correctly understood that your wife was desperate for attention, possibly resolution of the conflict. Have you considered that you have taken the silent treatment too far? How is silent treatment a solution at all? A mature one for that matter? I understand sometimes we need some time to cool off but too much of it is poison. There is a thin line between time to calm to down and silent treatment with the latter being poisonous. It is a passive aggressive way to deal with someone and cruel. Your wife was feeling helpless and relapsed into her old ways but consider that she has successfully avoided any attacks for 3,5 years. She deserves some credit, don't you think? Her outburst at the eatery appears to be a sign of madness but correct me if I am wrong, have you not ever given her reasons not to trust you? I don't want to find excuses for her. She has no right to attack you with a knife or whatever sharp tool whatsoever but I am trying to understand what drives her so that you can find a way for you and your children to avoid such incidents entirely. She needs your help and you need to take responsibility for this mess too. Nowhere in the write-up have you told us how you failed as the husband. Don't tell us but be honest with yourself in order to find ways, if not to save your marriage, to save your children's childhoods and to create a more peaceful environment for them.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Cutehector(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
How do people fall in love with monsters.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by madridguy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
The OP is something else. The same woman that cannot keep your health record, cannot respect you, promise to get your kids another daddy, insulted your mom, lied that she saw weed in your possession and above all threatening you with knives. Bros, your gentle is turning to something else. I pray she don't finally succeed her mission by sending you to 6 feet.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by jossy1luv(f): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
I’m not in support of domestic violence of any form.
@poster, your life is in danger, a spouse that can use sharp objects to threaten u and be disrespectful to u is not good for your health, both physical and emotional. Think about ur kids growing up in such an environment and man up.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Onyenna(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Daayyuummm Nigger! Your life ain't safe, your kids ain't safe, Your home ain't safe.....

RUN NIGGER!! RUN!
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
buknija:
Hi guys, this episode am about to drop happened 3 and the half years ago. It might a bit of a long write up, its just for the sake of deeper understanding of my plight here. My wife and I went to a restaurant where I normally go during lunch hours at work, I am pretty known there by the employees. On getting there, it was only madam that wanted to eat, so as were about to pay for the take away food, the lady at the cash point said, sir are you not eating? My wife exploded in a loud tone which sent tremble down the spine of most customers in the restaurant, she said how is that your business? Can he not eat from what I bought? The lady was like no sorry mah, hes our regular customer, i was surprised he isnt eating, the tension was in the air for about some minutes, I was mute though cos I didnt expect the outburst from my wife,although I was a bit embarassed.

On getting into the car, she started with me, its ur fault, i said how, she said if its not for the fact that the lady is tripping for you, she ought not to have asked you if you wanted to eat or not, i was like wow, my fault? how in the hell would u define that as my fault? That im the one in the position to express disappointment in your public outburst. We got home oo, next thing...am taking the kids out in a raging voice, i was like to where, she was like i dont know, then I replied saying u know the rules, u cant take kids out without me having knowledge of where you guys are going, next thing is i am sure you have something to do with the girl, since you are not in support of my ourburst, saying she will make sure she does something in return to make me feel bad,i was now like that is an olosho attitude, you cant pay evil without concrete reason. Next thing, she had gone to the kitchen to get a knife, threatning to stab me, which initially was like the 5th time she would threaten me with a knife in a time frame of 3 years. Immediately, I informed my mum about the incident and told her I want to hold a meeting with the father with her attendance, am ending the marriage, I cannot die because I married.

Its a long story though, so i will need to cut it short, during the period when the meeting was called for, she had hinted her father of the ongoing issue, no father wants a divorce, so i overheard she and her sister saying she and her dad already planned to pin something on me so as to overturn the allegation i have against her. I just waited to know what it was until the day the meeting was held. The man came and I explained myself and why I want the marriage dissolved, next thing the man would say to her daughter is, do you have anything to say, she said well the reason why she has been misbehaving is because she saw weed in the glove compertment of the car. I was stunned to know that that was their initial plan, next thing the man just stood up, if you are truly smoking weed, then aiye e ma baje ni, meaning your life go spoil, I was moved to tell him to get out of my house, then my mum winked at me to chill, next thing he sat and started rambling then out of his anger started hitting my 74 year old mother on her shoulder, then I was about to stand up and probably just do the unknown, my mum winked again, I was so angry that I could not do anything, the tension now dampened, nxt thing my 3 years plus son came out from the room and said, grandpa dont say that, with his finger placed on his lips, showing a keep shut sign, that is in approach to the fact that he laid curse on me, it was basically based on what i have thought them, the man responded, am sorry..the initial moment when shame caught up with him that a 3 year old came to caution you.

. If your life is threatened, end that marriage now. You will only stay alive to take care of your kids. Never play a snake. Thanks me later.
Re: Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes by foyeks2001(f): 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
At Op... Forget ur kids here, ur life is most important. If that woman succeeds ending ur life, your children will live thereafter.
A Yoruba adage says that... It's better to marry a bad girl that has responsible parents than marrying a good girl that has irresponsible parents.

In your case, you married a crazy lady that comes from a bad home. My bro, ur case is worse.

How can a wife be mocking her husband with his health challenge. A si fe Iyawo gba niyen o. Threatening you with dangerous object that is extreme.

I hate divorce but you need to separate from her as soon as possible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must read: Unintentionally, My Mother Is Killing Us, Pls Help / Would You Marry Someone On A Wheelchair? / Which Housework Do You Love/hate Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.