Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

do good - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / do good (1868 Views)

Why Do Good Men Nd Women End With Bad Spouses Nd The Bad Ones With Good Spouses? / Why Do Good Girls Always Regret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

do good by Sebastine1994(m): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2019
do good

1 Like

Re: do good by Alphafeezay(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2019
She He stops be your DAd

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: do good by Yustash001(m): 11:34am On Dec 11, 2019
what will you now call him if not Dad?

1 Like

Re: do good by Toma2: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2019
Call him Honey cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: do good by bukatyne(f): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2019
Toma2:
Call him Honey cheesy

God bless you.

See question

4 Likes

Re: do good by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On Dec 11, 2019
Sebastine1994:
I am 30 , I feel shy inside whenever I have to call my father dad in front of my peers. I feel I should call him something else like nnanyi in Igbo or papa. But he doesn't want to be called papa.he said the name makes him feel old.
That is why I brought it to you my fellow Brothers suggest something to me please

The day he stops been a dad.
Re: do good by NaijaDonCast(m): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
When he dies

1 Like

Re: do good by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2019
Imagine you're here on nairaland and you know your sons moniker and he wrote this gibberish you just wrote. How would you feel?

And you're 30.

14 Likes

Re: do good by Purelady(f): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
Shibaraba:
Imagine you're here on nairaland and you know your sons moniker and he wrote this gibberish you just wrote. How would you feel?

And you're 30.
I wonder o, orisirisi.
Re: do good by omoharry(f): 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
He became your Dad immediately you were born and he will stop being your Dad the day he dies. what kind of peers/friends do you have that will make you shy to call your father Dad. You can call him Popsi..if he wouldn't mind

2 Likes

Re: do good by Ejike07: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
hey guys, I understand what he said and his question was purely psychological. Yeah most of us who are really matured and grown (like 30+ years) may find it akward calling "dad" in front of peers, it doesn't stop him from being your dad. I myself call my father "pops" or "popsy" it's a stylish way of acknowleging him as my father. Imdomie generation may not understand until they become of that certain age

7 Likes

Re: do good by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2019
Sebastine1994:
I am 30 , I feel shy inside whenever I have to call my father dad in front of my peers. I feel I should call him something else like nnanyi in Igbo or papa. But he doesn't want to be called papa.he said the name makes him feel old.
That is why I brought it to you my fellow Brothers suggest something to me please.

When I was a kid it was easier to call him daddy but now it seems kind of odd when I mentioned that in a public space
calling him dad is simply cool. "daddy" is most for kids but dad and mom is cool for adults to use in addressing their parents fondly.

5 Likes

Re: do good by sleit: 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Why don't you call him popsy or pops..That daddy sounds some how for your age sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: do good by LordKO(m): 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
It's a very appalling thought you've. There can never be any justifiable reason for you to use indignation to announce your arrival/wokeness to your father. Eschew your indignant thought, transmute it to appreciative thought, strive to make him better than you have met him in all forms. You can start your arrival journey by getting him either a new automobile or house.

3 Likes

Re: do good by sholay2011(m): 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Yustash001:
what will you now call him if not Dad?
Abi oo.

You can't be too old to call your Father 'dad' in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: do good by Richy4(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
You will always be his little girl. if you like turn 74 tomorrow... he is still your daddy

1 Like

Re: do good by Pidginwhisper: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
Call him Father Christmas grin

3 Likes

Re: do good by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
I do understand the poster.
Why the aggressiveness grin

2 Likes

Re: do good by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
sleit:
Why don't you call him popsy or pops..That daddy sounds some how for your age sha..
U do understand the scenario.

Some use titled names, they actually love that. As u age, u reserve some things for kids.

I coined one nickname for my mum and that's what I use.
To outsiders I will use mummy etc but at home, I call her that special name meant only for her or use her title name.

E.g. my FIL prefers his academic name to popsy but the children use daddy. I even made it worst by using papa cheesy
One day I asked him his title name, he told me and since then once he picks up the phone I will just hail him with that name, the man will laugh cheesy. Have told my husband to stop calling him daddy. They even use oyibo voice to call the daddy.
Shuuu cheesy

2 Likes

Re: do good by addictiv(m): 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
One thing I have noticed in families...
If you re richer than ur father... It's papa
If your father is richer or more influential than you... It's dad

For me it's always gonna be dad or daddy... Even when I become a senator...

2 Likes

Re: do good by cococandy(f): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
cheesy
See problem.You don’t have any problems.

OP I still call my parents mommy and daddy.

2 Likes

Re: do good by chii8(f): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
My father rejected ",Daddy", himself,he prefers 'Papa',but funny enough, outsiders call him Daddy, he won't complain,he will only murmur his discomfort.
Re: do good by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
I understand Op very well, I call my father "Daddy" at home, when we are out or with friends or strangers, I just walk up to him and say my piece.

1 Like

Re: do good by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 12, 2019
You can go the way of the whites - calling him by his first name

Na joke o grin

Maybe when u have children and they start calling him Papa, everything will fall in place naturally and you will follow suit

1 Like

Re: do good by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 12, 2019
My father is Daddy and that's not changing ever! I only say Dad when I'm talking about him to another person.
Re: do good by Zanxx(f): 8:09am On Dec 12, 2019
I have never called my father dad or daddy. It has always been Mr. Annang. It all began when i started talking and heard his friends call him that. The story is he tried everything to stop me from calling him that and rather use dad but it failed. Since then, the whole family calls his Mr. Annang. When strangers ask him why his children call him that, he always points to me as the originator.lol

5 Likes

Re: do good by Vyolet(f): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2019
There is nothing we won't read here, how difficult is it for you to call your own dad "daddy", do you have another daddy?

1 Like

Re: do good by TheArchangel(f): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2019
Zanxx:
I have never called my father dad or daddy. It has always been Mr. Annang. It all began when i started talking and heard his friends call him that. The story is he tried everything to stop me from calling him that and rather use dad but it failed. Since then, the whole family calls his Mr. Annang. When strangers ask him why his children call him that, he always points to me as the originator.lol
grin grin
Nice.

Op, find the title name of your dad and call him that.
Re: do good by Zanxx(f): 10:59am On Dec 12, 2019
TheArchangel:
grin grin Nice.
Op, find the title name of your dad and call him that.

lol
Re: do good by nanauju(f): 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
Following
Re: do good by pek(m): 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2019
Zanxx:
Reminds me of my sister's children. They all call her sister. That was what the little girl stating with her called her. Even in their early thirties, they still call her that. I have a friend that calls the mother mama Lagbaja and he is the Lagbaja.

Op, there is no difference. Call him what you have been calling him.
Re: do good by sisisioge: 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
Call him sir...I call my father daddy by the way. My mom is who I have never called mommy grin. I call her what the public call her...if you be Yoruba, you go understand grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman And 2 Sons Living In A Toilet For 6 Years As Her Life Turns Upside-down / Texas Gay Couple Tortured, Murdered And Dismembered In Mexico / Forgive And Forget Or No Second Chances?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.