Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? (2061 Views)

41-year-old Indonesian Widower Weds 13-year-Old 3 Months After Meeting Online / Kokozaria And Wife, Oyinda Lose Their Conjoined Twins At Birth / Indian Mum Breastfeeds Her Twins At Once So She Can Eat Her Food.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by OiOi: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2019
Hi have you given birth to twins before? Are a twins? Do you have sound idea about twins?

I want to know why they cook beans or ekuru(a food made with grinder beans) for twins after 41days.
Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by garetz: 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
Superstition

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
Ask ur village people
Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by Larryfest(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
It's a Yoruba tradition..

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by OiOi: 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2019
Larryfest:
It's a Yoruba tradition..
i heard it yesterday and when I asked what will happen if it's not done, the people there were unable to provide a concrete answer maybe because we're all young
Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by OiOi: 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2019
garetz:
Superstition
Everything isn't superstition
Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by eyinjuege: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2019
Twins are seen as deities. That is the sacrifice that is offered to them and that their orisha likes.
You make the beans to appease their orisha/ deity for peace and blessings.
Same way they always use palm oil as sacrifice to esu.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by ZiriMane(m): 12:10am On Dec 14, 2019
the question should have been "why do Yoruba's cook beans for Twins at 41days old?".

I don't see the Igbo's or Hausa's doing it.

A bean is of two parts if it's splitted. Twins are supposedly deities that bless the Yoruba land and their family when they are born and at that are honoured by the preparation of a food that portrays their type when they've stayed on earth for over 1month.

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by SKYloafFISH(f): 12:32am On Dec 14, 2019
I was told that if beans is not cooked for twins that they will disturb the family... I still don't understand the "disturb" part.
I guess motherhood is still a far journey coupled with wanting a twins
Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by LadySarah: 1:40am On Dec 14, 2019
Nkwenye ndi!Ppl's beliefs
specifically yorubas cos nobody does that in Igboland.
Re: Why Do They Cook Beans For Twins At 41 Days? by OiOi: 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
ZiriMane:

I don't see the Igbo's or Hausa's doing it.
you may not know

(1) (Reply)

You Need Spiritual Compatibility Test Before You Marry Anyone. Its A Must / I Need A Financial Help To Treat My Mother / Pls. Nairalanders I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.