Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? (1474 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / The Purpose of Life (why were we created?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by DeepSight(m): 11:47am On Nov 27, 2010
Genesis 3:22 - 24 -

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.

After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

WHY? ? ?

Discuss.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2010
Because he would rather have naked humans running around while he watches them. Yahweh sounds like a pervert to me.

Can't wait to see all these Christians perform their mental gymnastics while using every word they can find in the dictionary. cheesy they mange to say absolutely nothing while using words most english professors have never heard. Some even add some Latin!
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Mudley313: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2010
Martian:

Because he would rather have unclothed humans running around while he watches them. Yahweh sounds like a pervert to me.

Can't wait to see all these Christians perform their mental gymnastics while using every word they can find in the dictionary. cheesy they manage to say absolutely nothing while using words most english professors have never heard. Some even add some Latin!

i'm surprised not to be the only one to have noticed the bolded above. these guys are ready to argue that abuja is the capital of australia; all they need do is fill up their posts with senseless gibberish patrick obahiagbon-style and believe they're right, instead of sticking with good ol blind faith their imaginary god promised can move mountains
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by 667: 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2010
You are all so blind that you can not even read between the lines. All you know how to do is to blame God for everything. I was there in the garden. God commanded man to only eat from the tree of life and not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil(my master's tree). Man ate from our tree and he was driven away from eternal life, and now y'all are ours. Forget eternal life, just keep eating from our tree i.e sex, evil acts, technology, worship us etc.

If you think i am lying ask God.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Mudley313: 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^LAME! i see you have too much time on your hands; why dont you try finding something more productive to do with yourself like going to fill up a job application
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by 667: 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
If you can not see truth in my comment then i will make you blind towards the truth forever and ever. Say Amen.

Silverlance
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Image123(m): 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
@OP
Just to help you a bit.
Maybe you should consider that there is a time to every purpose under the heaven (Ecclesiastes 3v1). You may consider Matthew 10v6 where He said "go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" and how He later said to go into all the world. You may revisit Matthew 16v20 where He charged His disciples that they should TELL NO MAN THAT HE WAS THE MESSIAH, and how He later gave the great commission.
It's way deeper than that but one shouldn't bite more than he can chew, should he?
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2010
*666*:

You are all so blind that you can not even read between the lines. All you know how to do is to blame God for everything. I was there in the garden. God commanded man to only eat from the tree of life and not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil(my master's tree). Man ate from our tree and he was driven away from eternal life, and now y'all are ours. Forget eternal life, just keep eating from our tree i.e sex, evil acts, technology, worship us etc.

If you think i am lying ask God.

He has a point there. Before people wake up and thank God for allowing them to see another day, they log onto facebook ( grin), check their text msgs; or think about which girl/man they are going to screw. Not to mention Christians/ Catholics who literally throw their pathetic selves @ the feet of an old man calling himself the Pope, who fails to educate these people he is NOT the only child of God and therefore should not accept that type of treatment. PPL are killing in the name of Jesus, Allah; etc. WHEN EACH biblical/ religious text preaches love and not war, and then with some NERVE you guys wonder why the world has gone to the dogs! People are so "busy" they've no time to truly worship the creator.

Deep Sight:

WHY? ? ?

Discuss.

Exactly why discuss it? It is obvious. Humans are not deserving.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2010
Mudley313:

^^^LAME! i see you have too much time on your hands; why dont you try finding something more productive to do with yourself like going to fill up a job application

<---throws her head back, holds stomach in laughter LOL! grin grin grin grin
woi! laugh ago kill me!
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by 667: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2010
Genesis Chapter 2

Verses

15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

From here you can see that people do not read their bible with an open eye.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
[size=18pt]^^EXACTLY![/size]

*HUGS 666*

So you see! These scientists trying to find out "God's secret" with this evolution, technology, CLONING; etc are actually killing us off! Eating from the tree of knowledge with these experiments have resulted in AIDs, cancers from depleted uranium/ radiation, nuclear bombs, mutations, brainwashing etc. God is not going to end the world, ppl are. Religion particularly Christianity is the BIGGEST fraud known to man. They teach us to be obedient and to turn the other cheek as they feign holy-righteousness and engage in illegal and immoral activities. TRANS ATLANTIC SLAVERY, APARTHEID, KILLING OF NATIVE N/S AMERICANS, THE HOLOCAUST, FUNDING OF AMMO TO JEWS VS. MUSLIM COUNTRIES = INITIATED BY CATHOLICS
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by cogicero: 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2010
established creation, forced the fishes to live in water and birds to fly and set the planets in motion rather than stationary. WHY ? ? ? Discuss

Deep Sight:

Genesis 3:22 - 24 -

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken.

After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

WHY? ? ?

Discuss.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2010
It wasn't yet time.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by 667: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2010
And do you buy my point?
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Image123(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2010
Joagbaje:

It wasn't yet time.
Well, not exactly.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:44am On Nov 30, 2010
, please don't let this thread go south, it started off quite well cool
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by 667: 10:47am On Nov 30, 2010
And your point is?
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by ilosiwaju: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2010
A breathe of fresh air thread on this section. For the knowledge part, i copied the following out from my notepad after stumbling on it on the internet some weeks ago.
Here goes the answer
God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him. Adam and Eve were free to do anything they wanted, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 2:16-17, “And the LORD God commanded the man, ‘You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.’” If God had not given Adam and Eve the choice, they would have essentially been robots, simply doing what they were programmed to do. God created Adam and Eve to be “free” beings, able to make decisions, able to choose between good and evil. In order for Adam and Eve to truly be free, they had to have a choice.

There was nothing essentially evil about the tree or the fruit of the tree. It is unlikely that eating the fruit truly gave Adam and Eve any further knowledge. It was the act of disobedience that opened Adam and Eve’s eyes to evil. Their sin of disobeying God brought sin and evil into the world and into their lives. Eating the fruit, as an act of disobedience against God, was what gave Adam and Eve knowledge of evil (Genesis 3:6-7).

God did not want Adam and Eve to sin. God knew ahead of time what the results of sin would be. God knew that Adam and Eve would sin and would thereby bring evil, suffering, and death into the world. Why, then, did God allow Satan to tempt Adam and Eve? God allowed Satan to tempt Adam and Eve to force them to make the choice. Adam and Eve chose, of their own free will, to disobey God and eat the forbidden fruit. The results—evil, sin, suffering, sickness, and death—have plagued the world ever since. Adam and Eve's decision results in every person being born with a sin nature, a tendency to sin. Adam and Eve's decision is what ultimately required Jesus Christ to die on the cross and shed His blood on our behalf. Through faith in Christ, we can be free from sin's consequences, and ultimately free from sin itself. May we echo the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:24-25, “What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

Answers dont come dumber than that. Classic mental gymnastics. This god guy claims to give freewill then gave Adam and Eve a choice to make, they spent their freewill on skepticism courtesy the first biblical skeptical hero, satan. They get punished for exercising just that.

I really hate spending time dealing with this hannibal lecter biblical god but what i can deduce from some of these old testament writings is a concise description of the savage men that wrote them. Egocentric, chauvinistic and barbaric. To them, god is regarded to as a "he". How do they know his gender? Does that not show the effects of a male-dominated society?

Eternal life. Eternal what? This jews and their god must be crazy. He did not want to give them(mankind) eternal life at first but rather wait for some worldwide corruption and adversity which he could stop in the first instance, then bring his son to rescue us and give us the eternal life which he could have just allowed or configured from his heavenly server room or DNA lab. I laugh at the huge mechanical disadvantage.

Eternal life ke? Even the jesus he sent as much as many admire him as a good teacher and moralist to me was just a scoundrel that misused his magic. He could end cancer and heart disease but what did he do?he cursed a fig tree. Heal lunatics et al, he commanded demons into pigs. Stop worldwide hunger and water shortage, he conjured up a jug of fine wine. What a huge waste of omnipotence!

All in all, it was a feeble(though sufficient to some) attempt to explain why we die or suffer by some illiterate folks who in fairness to them had to find an explanation as to what was happening around them.

O ti su mi jo,

1 Like

Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by ilosiwaju: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2010
@DeepSight, please i lost the email ID and you have edited it on the post it was. Dont risk it on again, please hit me on ilosiwaju@ymail.com.
Thanks. You're in the country now, i presume.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2010
@Deep-Sight

The Tree of Knowledge (of Good and Evil) is a Concept; I choose not to argue whether it is a physical Tree with Fruits since I am no Theologian by any stretch. (before someone slaps a wooden ruler on my posting hand). Allow me start in my usual bush-beating approach. smiley

In Hebrew it is occasionally referred to as the[b] Tree of Conscience[/b].  This is an ability or a faculty that distinguishes whether one's actions are right or wrong. it is often described as leading to feelings of remorse when a one does things that go against his/her moral values, and to feelings of righteousness or integrity when one does what is usually accepted as the norm. In summary the Tree of Knowledge imbues Conscience into Man; it is the Roots of Choice

The Tree of Life imbues Man with Immortality (no questions there) and both Trees are Smack Dead-Center of the Garden of Eden.  

Of ALL Trees in the Garden Adam and Eve may eat from but of these Trees they may not eat from. This situation brings me to Joagbaje's comment
Joagbaje:

It wasn't yet time.
I support this opinion and it will form the basis of my conclusion later.

I reason that the entire story of creation is tied to three intertwined and central themes of Life; Purpose, Choice [/b]and [b]Destiny

Purpose: An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
Choice: Choice consists of the mental process of thinking involved with the process of judging the merits of multiples and choosing one of them for action.
Destiny:A predetermined course of events. (in a predetermined future) whether in general or of an individual. It is a concept based on the belief that there is a fixed natural order to the cosmos.

The Architect (God) created the Angels Perfect (They were imbued with Immortality and Conscience) Man was not created Perfect. The Epic War in Heaven was caused by a Rebellious Angel and his supporters who mutinied against the hold of non-choice (being an automaton who must do as his Creator intended) The Flaw (no spite to devote Christians intended) with the Angels is the same Flaw that affects Man from the Fall at the Garden of Eden - Conscience too early (and Thank Heavens without Immortality).

Man is Destined for PERFECTION (Tree of Life and Tree of Conscience); A Complete Revelation of the Divine Purpose of the Architect (whatever it is, I do not know cos I have not reached perfection yet) and this destination is arrived at by eating of the other trees in the Garden of Eden to fully mature well enough to try for the Tree of Life and Tree of Conscience. At which point Man would have achieved the Divine Purpose of The Architect.

I reason the coming of Jesus is intended to rectify that fatal-flaw from the Fall and by example Christ demonstrates (from Childhood to Adulthood) the Journey of Man en-route to reaching Perfection as The Architect intended; Immortality and Conscience and still attaining the Purpose of God (without Rebellion)

That is my submission; dissect at will
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2010
ilosiwaju:

A breathe of fresh air thread on this section. For the knowledge part, i copied the following out from my notepad after stumbling on it on the internet some weeks ago.
Here goes the answer
Answers dont come dumber than that. Classic mental gymnastics. This god guy claims to give freewill then gave Adam and Eve a choice to make, they spent their freewill on skepticism courtesy the first biblical skeptical hero, satan. They get punished for exercising just that.

I really hate spending time dealing with this hannibal lecter biblical god but what i can deduce from some of these old testament writings is a concise description of the savage men that wrote them. Egocentric, chauvinistic and barbaric. To them, god is regarded to as a "he". How do they know his gender? Does that not show the effects of a male-dominated society?

Eternal life. Eternal what? This jews and their god must be crazy. He did not want to give them(mankind) eternal life at first but rather wait for some worldwide corruption and adversity which he could stop in the first instance, then bring his son to rescue us and give us the eternal life which he could have just allowed or configured from his heavenly server room or DNA lab. I laugh at the huge mechanical disadvantage.

Eternal life ke? Even the jesus he sent as much as many admire him as a good teacher and moralist to me was just a scoundrel that misused his magic. He could end cancer and heart disease but what did he do?he cursed a fig tree. Heal lunatics et al, he commanded demons into pigs. Stop worldwide hunger and water shortage, he conjured up a jug of fine wine. What a huge waste of omnipotence!

All in all, it was a feeble(though sufficient to some) attempt to explain why we die or suffer by some illiterate folks who in fairness to them had to find an explanation as to what was happening around them.

O ti su mi jo,

Lmao @ the Jews their god must be crazy. grin
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2010
I hate answering a question with another question but really

Why did God do all he could to slow down the progression of Knowledge in the early Biblical period (The Babel tower destruction) and later instructs man to seek knowledge and understanding, with it wisdom. Could it be because he was waiting for the right time. It is possible that humans need to reach a particular level of awareness before they can get access to knowledge otherwise they use it foolishly, for all the knowledge in the world, it has not fared better than the Old Bible days except for inventions. Man is Man (as always)
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Image123(m): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2010
Breaking news!!!
The tree/cross of foolishness is available today. It's been available for more than 2000 years now. When are you going to take it? When will you be wise enough to realise that the way up is down? Only believe.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by aletheia(m): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
ilosiwaju:

This god guy claims to give freewill then gave Adam and Eve a choice to make, they spent their freewill on skepticism courtesy the first biblical skeptical hero, satan. They get punished for exercising just that.

Now would be a good time to pause, take off the blinkers and think for yourself rather than your pre-programmed atheist responses.

You have a choice.

Choices have consequences.

Only an infant thinks that the consequences of every choice are pleasant.

Some choices lead to very painful consequences.

The One who has given you the ability to choose has reserved His right to determine the consequences of your choice.

If you choose to jump off a cliff, why complain when gravity does it's job?

Physical laws have their Spiritual equivalents.

If you choose to sin, why complain that you die?

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

And now it's time for you to chose. . .

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve. . .(Joshua 24:15a)
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
Deep Sight: Genesis 3:22 - 24 -

WHY? ? ?

Discuss.
look around u,n wats going on in da world ,u'l know why.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2012
If u can answer tis question i'm sure u'll know why God denied man knowledge of good n evil.
1.i'll take ur educated,n tell me wat education so far u'v receive gives glory to God?,even scientif minds disclaim da existaince of God,or da tell u God is an energy or cockcroch.
2.in da past n modern senerior science n technogy gave a lot to man but do u actually know da sacrifice we make as a result?.

If u can answer up,mayb ritly u'll get ur answer.

Education today n in da past has occultism n satanism has its bed rock ,it foundation,do da research,do u know tat potassium was accidently discovered by alchemist,while trying to turn base metals to gold.

Bottom line is God da creator requires absolute control over mans spiritual n physical life.even u if God ,go into da bible n see wen God does things or say he will do how ,it is done no one knows,if it is known it seems absured.

Science n technogy is teaching man to fend for himself,b in charge n in control.tat ma friend is da no 1 goal of satanism n occultism.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by truthislight: 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
Martian: Because he would rather have naked humans running around while he watches them. Yahweh sounds like a pervert to me.

Can't wait to see all these Christians perform their mental gymnastics while using every word they can find in the dictionary. cheesy they mange to say absolutely nothing while using words most english professors have never heard. Some even add some Latin!

since that was his pervated plans he must be very very dumb since he had it written down for you to come and read it to find out his pervatd plans.

Dont you think so?
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by caezar: 7:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
This is a perfect example of a thread gone bad. None of the posters really makes a decent attempt to answer the OP's question or at least engage in honest debate on the subject. The one person who posts the most insightful comment does so in cynicism.

ilosiwaju: God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him. Adam and Eve were free to do anything they wanted, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 2:16-17, “And the LORD God commanded the man, ‘You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.’” If God had not given Adam and Eve the choice, they would have essentially been robots, simply doing what they were programmed to do. God created Adam and Eve to be “free” beings, able to make decisions, able to choose between good and evil. In order for Adam and Eve to truly be free, they had to have a choice.

There was nothing essentially evil about the tree or the fruit of the tree. It is unlikely that eating the fruit truly gave Adam and Eve any further knowledge. It was the act of disobedience that opened Adam and Eve’s eyes to evil. Their sin of disobeying God brought sin and evil into the world and into their lives. Eating the fruit, as an act of disobedience against God, was what gave Adam and Eve knowledge of evil (Genesis 3:6-7).

Even within the cacophony of this thread, the voice of truth could be heard, but as is typical, it was drowned out by cynicism.

If you accept that the purpose of creation was love, and love is impossible without free will, and free will impossible without choice and choice necessarily begets right and wrong, then you can begin to grasp why God's creation necessitated evil. But God, being God, realised that all that evil could be contained in one choice.

If you accept the above, and certainly you don't have to, but if you accept it anyway, then you can see how once that choice to disobey was made, once that path was taken, man himself became a threat to the very purpose of creation. Put this way, if you were given the license to commit any and all crimes with impunity, and you had forever at your disposal, and you choose to exercise that license, at what point would you choose to stop exercising that license? If evil exists with no moral or physical cost, would it cease? Would it ever relent?

Take babies for instance. Once they learn to say no, you'll find that many choose to exercise that right a lot. Have you ever seen a baby say no, no, no, endlessly as if the very sound of the word brought it joy? I find it adorable. Eventually of course, all babies learn a measure of temperance. They learn to become more social, they learn that non-cooperation gets you nowhere and they learn to say yes too.

I know I am posing more questions than I am providing answers, but whilst I have my own opinions, I do not necessarily think that posting them here will provide any reader with a satisfactory solution. I believe that the best answers are the ones we discover on our own. This I learnt from Guinan.

And so my final question to you is this:
Would an immortal man, without the purpose that comes from toil, ever need to seek the face of God?
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by plaetton: 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
ilosiwaju: A breathe of fresh air thread on this section. For the knowledge part, i copied the following out from my notepad after stumbling on it on the internet some weeks ago.
Here goes the answer

O ti su mi jo,

Hilarious indeed.
The biggest story ever SOLD.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by plaetton: 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: @Deep-Sight

The Tree of Knowledge (of Good and Evil) is a Concept; I choose not to argue whether it is a physical Tree with Fruits since I am no Theologian by any stretch. (before someone slaps a wooden ruler on my posting hand). Allow me start in my usual bush-beating approach. smiley

In Hebrew it is occasionally referred to as the[b] Tree of Conscience[/b].  This is an ability or a faculty that distinguishes whether one's actions are right or wrong. it is often described as leading to feelings of remorse when a one does things that go against his/her moral values, and to feelings of righteousness or integrity when one does what is usually accepted as the norm. In summary the Tree of Knowledge imbues Conscience into Man; it is the Roots of Choice

The Tree of Life imbues Man with Immortality (no questions there) and both Trees are Smack Dead-Center of the Garden of Eden.  

Of ALL Trees in the Garden Adam and Eve may eat from but of these Trees they may not eat from. This situation brings me to Joagbaje's comment

I support this opinion and it will form the basis of my conclusion later.

I reason that the entire story of creation is tied to three intertwined and central themes of Life; Purpose, Choice [/b]and [b]Destiny

Purpose: An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
Choice: Choice consists of the mental process of thinking involved with the process of judging the merits of multiples and choosing one of them for action.
Destiny:A predetermined course of events. (in a predetermined future) whether in general or of an individual. It is a concept based on the belief that there is a fixed natural order to the cosmos.

The Architect (God) created the Angels Perfect (They were imbued with Immortality and Conscience) Man was not created Perfect. The Epic War in Heaven was caused by a Rebellious Angel and his supporters who mutinied against the hold of non-choice (being an automaton who must do as his Creator intended) The Flaw (no spite to devote Christians intended) with the Angels is the same Flaw that affects Man from the Fall at the Garden of Eden - Conscience too early (and Thank Heavens without Immortality).

Man is Destined for PERFECTION (Tree of Life and Tree of Conscience); A Complete Revelation of the Divine Purpose of the Architect (whatever it is, I do not know cos I have not reached perfection yet) and this destination is arrived at by eating of the other trees in the Garden of Eden to fully mature well enough to try for the Tree of Life and Tree of Conscience. At which point Man would have achieved the Divine Purpose of The Architect.

I reason the coming of Jesus is intended to rectify that fatal-flaw from the Fall and by example Christ demonstrates (from Childhood to Adulthood) the Journey of Man en-route to reaching Perfection as The Architect intended; Immortality and Conscience and still attaining the Purpose of God (without Rebellion)

That is my submission; dissect at will

But Jesus came and went, and ...................?
What exactly did he achieve?
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by plaetton: 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
goshap: If u can answer tis question i'm sure u'll know why God denied man knowledge of good n evil.
1.i'll take ur educated,n tell me wat education so far u'v receive gives glory to God?,even scientif minds disclaim da existaince of God,or da tell u God is an energy or cockcroch.
2.in da past n modern senerior science n technogy gave a lot to man but do u actually know da sacrifice we make as a result?.

If u can answer up,mayb ritly u'll get ur answer.

Education today n in da past has occultism n satanism has its bed rock ,it foundation,do da research,do u know tat potassium was accidently discovered by alchemist,while trying to turn base metals to gold.

Bottom line is God da creator requires absolute control over mans spiritual n physical life.even u if God ,go into da bible n see wen God does things or say he will do how ,it is done no one knows,if it is known it seems absured.

Science n technogy is teaching man to fend for himself,b in charge n in control.tat ma friend is da no 1 goal of satanism n occultism.

Ok, So I guess that is why you shunned education and are denying education for your kids. It also explains why you also shun technology of any type.
Good for you.
Re: Didn't Want Man To Have Knowledge, Eternal Life, Why? ? ? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
plaetton:

Ok, So I guess that is why you shunned education and are denying education for your kids. It also explains why you also shun technology of any type.
Good for you.
shun education ,me never,i just have more insights then i shud.

(1) (Reply)

Tithe Collection Is The Biggest Deception In Churches Today - Believers Wakeup / Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? / Pope Benedict XVI Resignation; Associated Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.