Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ (72957 Views)

Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by obafemee80(m): 7:53pm On Dec 14, 2019

Last week Saturday in Saudi Arabia, Andy Ruiz jr, nicknamed ‘The Destroyer’, tried desperately to carry his 20 stone frame around the ring during his defeat to Anthony Joshua.

The Mexican champion, who knocked AJ down four times in New York six months ago, has admitted he ‘ate everything’ and did not train as hard as he could.

While Speaking to TMZ Sports, Ruiz explained further on his poor performance.

“I think I ate everything… EVERYTHING… that’s why I gained so much weight.

“I was having too much fun, I was celebrating too much.

“Even out of shape, even the way that I was training back and forth (between Mexico and California) … f******, I did pretty good, dude! I did pretty good!

“But, I wish I had taken it more serious.”

Ruiz wants a third fight. He insists he will train properly if given another shot at Joshua.

He added:

“For the third fight, I’m going to give it all I got! I want those belts back!”

After dethroning Britain’s Anthony Joshua in June, Ruiz and his wife showcased two of his four belts atop a borrowed Rolls-Royce to over one-third of the town’s 17500 population.

Andy Ruiz, who earned himself £6.5m (₦2.9 billion) from the famous fight with AJ, also revealed the first thing he bought with the money.

“First of all I bought a car for my mum,”

“That was the first purchase that I made with the money that I got.

“I bought my mum a car because I messed up a lot of her cars when I was young. So I got her a brand new car.”

He also paid $1m cash for a new home and bought his dad a new truck.

Prior to his second fight with Anthony Joshua, Andy Ruiz revealed his maddest purchases was his four brand new cars.

“My maddest purchase is probably all of the cars that I bought.

“I bought four cars, two types of Mercedes G-Wagons, the brand new Rolls Royce and a Lamborghini truck, an SUV.

“My spending has not taken my competitive edge off.”

Andy Ruiz Jr’s father wasn’t happy when he bought the luxury white Rolls-Royce Wraith.

Ruiz Sr said,

“I told him ‘Andy, this is your last car, don’t buy any more,'”

“I said, if anything, buy a Rolls Royce and rent it out, make money. You can make $30,000 a month on it.”

“Like a father, I told him to stay humble – don’t spend the money, invest it in houses,”

His fathers advice on car purchases did not stick as he recently bought a $100,000 Mercedes G550 SUV. As cameras filmed him pulling on to his driveway, Andy Ruiz simply said with a smile, “another one”.

Earlier this month, Ruiz took an order on a Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV. The high-riding SUV has a price tag of $325,000 (MSRP).

https://autojosh.com/andy-ruiz-jr-splashed-1million-on-luxury-cars-during-his-6-month-reign-as-world-heavyweight-boxing-champion/

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by madridguy(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
“First of all I bought a car for my mum,”

“That was the first purchase that I made with the money that I got.

“I bought my mum a car because I messed up a lot of her cars when I was young. So I got her a brand new car.”

Better pickin

336 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by OneCorner: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
Vanity!!!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Olalan(m): 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
A bad student of history he is........if only he knew how Mike Tyson ended

246 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Muhammad2468(m): 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
vanity upon vanity

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by DearDealz: 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
Kolode
Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by thundafire: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2019
He wouldn't listen dey popsy dey advice am him dey form boss

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2019
OneCorner:
Vanity!!!
remember poverty too is vanity

263 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Topccy007z: 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
Spend it if you gat it

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Rilley(m): 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Olalan:
From grace to grass

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Rilley(m): 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Andy should better spend wisely

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Forward77(m): 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
I’d rather have a lot of money to purchase all the things i love than be broke and be shouting vanity.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by YungMillionaire: 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin grin grin Some Nigerians think because they are poor they are going to heaven...hell will be jam packed with many poor people. grin grin grin

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by tillaman(m): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2019
He just dey cash out dey go!! Shey he just earned £10 million again!! Money still dey him purse now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by boss1310(m): 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
you can now imagine how much AJ is sitting on being a champion yet the guy remains humble

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by drips8(m): 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2019
I told him ‘Andy, this is your last car, don’t buy any more,'”

“I said, if anything, buy a Rolls Royce and rent it out, make money. You can make $30,000 a month on it.”

“Like a father, I told him to stay humble – don’t spend the money, invest it in houses,”

Wise Father.

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by ValCon888: 11:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
Most poor people find it hard to manage finances especially when they come into sudden riches.
Four cars when one is enough. By this time next year those cars would have lost half their value.

Splashing money on liabilities instead of investments that guarantee future wealth.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by crackhouse(m): 3:53am On Dec 15, 2019
What's this guy's name again?
Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Rilley(m): 4:49am On Dec 15, 2019
OneCorner:
Vanity!!!
Poor man with poor thinking

10 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by segebase(m): 5:33am On Dec 15, 2019
hmmm

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by livebyday(m): 5:53am On Dec 15, 2019
His father Is trully wise .. I foresee this guy going bankrupt as he isn't the champion again, no more endorsement no more paid interviews etc

So he will be spending more than he is making if he keeps this up

He ain't wise at all . No wonder he didn't train for his fight , he just gets carried away easily

Stupid guy

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Roon9(m): 6:43am On Dec 15, 2019
Seems this guy talks alot

4 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Kingluqman(m): 6:58am On Dec 15, 2019
No loser in a boxing game... it’s a win-win game I swear

cry

4 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by jayson87: 8:29am On Dec 15, 2019
Olalan:
even if he ends up like Mike Tyson, he's better with his money and touched more lives than Anthony Joshua. Hope you heard he built houses for all the homeless people from his community in Mexico

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by tck2000(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2019
YungMillionaire:
grin grin grin Some Nigerians think because they are poor they are going to heaven...hell will be jam packed with many poor people. grin grin grin
lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by 400billionman: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2019
ValCon888:
Most poor people find it hard to manage finances especially when they come into sudden riches.
Four cars when one is enough. By this time next year those cars would have lost half their value.

Splashing money on liabilities instead of investments that guarantee future wealth.

Immediately you buy a brand new car and drive it off the dealership, the value has already gone down half if you want to resell it same day.

Though not same with depreciation value.

10 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by Kendumazy(m): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2019
OK
Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by solmusdesigns: 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
cool

Andy ruiz seem like a gentle nice guy.. and he is very greatfull for the match even if he wins or loss

see as the guy they beg for a third rematch because he knows win or lose he stands to gain millions

3 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by inyarinyaZibya: 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Andy ruiz seem like a gentle nice guy.. and he is very greatfull for the match even if he wins or loss
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Splashed $1m On 4 Luxury Cars During His 6-month Reign As Boxing Champ by GeneralPula: 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
[s]
OneCorner:
Vanity!!!
[/s]

That word is a scam! You’ve been scammed!

Abi if nah you get that company wey them dey purchase cars from, you go talk Vanity so...??

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Gives Woman 250,000 In ASABA. Was Looking For Menial Job In Stadium / Nigerians Drag Seria A For Sharing This Poster / A Lady To Suck On Ahmed Musa's Ball Everyday, See People Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.