Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity (40900 Views)

Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Donates Medical Equipments To Hospitals / Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More / Adeboye Donates N10m To University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by prof2007: 6:05am On Dec 15, 2019
Stephen Rathod, the senior pastor of The Covenant Family Church in Oklahoma, USA, says Enoch Adeboye, the general overseer of The Redeemed Christian of God, donates 60% of his income to charity.

Rathod was speaking on Thursday which marked the fourth day of the 2019 annual Holy Ghost Congress at the Redemption Camp.

“I have served for 40 years! I am Daddy GO’s host; I was his bag boy; I picked his bags and put them in his car. I was his driver, his dry cleaner, and his secretary – calling people, setting up meetings,” he said on Thursday night.

Rathod was in the hotel room of Josiah Akindayomi, Redeemed’s founder, in Tulsa, where he announced Adeboye as his successor.

“In the early 1980s, all the children who hang around the camp, they were rich kids. They all schooled in England, but my children stayed at home,” Rathod said, explaining the challenges Adeboye faced.

“Every morning when we had family meetings – Mummy GO, Daddy GO, myself and the children, we cried and prayed.

“And this is what the Lord said: Let us continue to live holy, let us continue to serve God for a day will come, my children will not only go to England they will go to all over the world! Look now, what the Lord has done!”

Addressing the congregation, Adeboye spoke on the need for prayer.

“There is casual prayer; the kind of prayer we pray when we are tired or when we are in a hurry,” he said.

“There is regular prayer, called the Lord’s prayer in Mathew 6: 6- 13. That is the prayer most Christians pray.

“Desperate prayer is the one used by people in desperate need for help. It doesn’t follow the protocol; it is urgent and intense.

“Desperate prayer is forceful, violent and it is answered quickly. It arrests the attention of heaven; the attention of the one who never fails.”

He narrated how he prayed for his life to be taken if he would be an ordinary pastor.

“One night – I remember that night like yesterday – I prayed: “Father, I surrender all; it is only you now; that is all I want. I don’t want to be an ordinary pastor.

“Please, I am not seeking anything else. Not seeking for gold, not seeking for clothes, not seeking for fame; I want you to empower me so I can do this work. And if you are not going to do it, take me away.

“That day, He answered, and there was a tremor in the Camp. The tremor went as far as Ijebu Ode where pictures that hung on the walls were dropping.”

Other guest ministers at the congress included Mercy Ezekiel, Felix Omobude, leader of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, S.K. Abiara and Wale Oke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/adeboye-donates-60-of-his-income-to-charity-says-visiting-us-pastor/amp

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 15, 2019
If he truly does that, then it's indeed a very good thing no doubt, and God would surely reward him for that.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by damble: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2019
I CHALLENGE ANY ONE TO TRY THESE: (GIVE 60%, STAY AWAY FROM EVERY FORM OF SIN, GIVE CHARITY AND BE READY TO GIVE HIM (GOD) ALL, SERVE HIM WITH ALL UR HEART) AND SEE IF GOD WON'T STEP IN TO PROSPER YOU. SOME CHRISTAINS HAVE FULL UNDERSTANDING OF HOW GOD WORKS AND ARE SWIMING IN PROSPERITY. FEW GIVE 99% OF INCOME AS TITHE AND CHARITY ARE HAVING RESULTS. CHECK THOSE THAT ARE ATTACKING THE GREAT MEN OF GOD FOR BEING RICH AND U WILL SEE ENVY WRITTEN BODLY ON THEM

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by MadCow1: 9:02am On Dec 15, 2019
Liars..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by mrvitalis(m): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2019
Lamo his income u mean official salary or total donation he receives

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by Slawormir: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2019
Damnnnnn niggarrr

I don't believe that shit

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2019
Quality pastor

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by VanPOLICE: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2019
Please where

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2019
Nice gesture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by solmusdesigns: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2019
cool

he has being donating to hospitals accross nigeria although silently he was at UCH just last month and he was also in the north early this year

43 Likes

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by Homers123(m): 9:04am On Dec 15, 2019
Source of income is?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by Conceptman: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2019
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by mimilogs: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2019
Daddy kiss

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by bamburh: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2019
Smile
Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by AntiChristian: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2019
How much is 60%?

Let's calculate the 40%?
Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by beewhy009(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2019
Glory be to God!

1 Like

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by soberdrunk(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2019
angry
Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by tiredoflife(m): 9:06am On Dec 15, 2019
Magic wand scammer grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by sylve11: 9:06am On Dec 15, 2019
Good for his personal advancement, good for the masses!. cool
Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by kelvxyn: 9:06am On Dec 15, 2019
He is blessed already

5 Likes

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by kiddoiLL(m): 9:08am On Dec 15, 2019
Why do these guys make it feel as though nothing in Christianity is ever straightforward?
I only know about Prayers, and the Lord asking us to call on him anytime, any day and anywhere which one be
Casual prayers...
Regular prayers...
Desperate prayers...

Christians don suffer

13 Likes

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by Mayorid(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2019
MadCow1:
Liars..

Shioor.. People are too toxic in this life.. Even if God should come down and say this, you won't still want to believe.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by solmusdesigns: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2019
AdrickDayquan:
[s][/s]
shatap

I see you have moved a step forward from just cancelling peoples comment , to posting people's old private pictures

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by dataking: 9:12am On Dec 15, 2019
Mayorid:

Shioor.. People are too toxic in this life.. Even if God should come down and say this, you won't still want to believe.

Sharrap. It’s a lie

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 15, 2019
All I kept reading was Daddy GO mummy GO.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2019
damble:
I CHALLENGE ANY ONE TO TRY THESE: (GIVE 60%, STAY AWAY FROM EVERY FORM OF SIN, GIVE CHARITY AND BE READY TO GIVE HIM (GOD) ALL, SERVE HIM WITH ALL UR HEART) AND SEE IF GOD WON'T STEP IN TO PROSPER YOU. SOME CHRISTAINS HAVE FULL UNDERSTANDING OF HOW GOD WORKS AND ARE SWIMING IN PROSPERITY. FEW GIVE 99% OF INCOME AS TITHE AND ARE HAVING RESULTS
All na Scam!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor) / If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? / Apostle Chinyere Builds 18 Free Estates For The Poor In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.