Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

A Church Playlet Titled Awaiting Room - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Church Playlet Titled Awaiting Room (530 Views)

ITOHAN: THE BEAUTY GODDESS (A Playlet By Jessica Duru) / A Playlet Titled The Visitation / Story Titled: Married To The Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Church Playlet Titled Awaiting Room by PenofGod(m): 7:04am On Dec 15, 2019
AWAITING ROOM

BAYO ONUWAJE

DEDICATION
In honour of the faithful departures.

CHARACTERS
1ST MAN
1ST COORDINATOR
2ND MAN
3RD MAN
4TH MAN
5TH MAN
6TH MAN
2ND COORDINATOR
7TH MAN
8TH MAN
THE MASTER
TWO OFFICERS
THREE MEN ON BLACK MASK
OTHERS

THE ABSTRACT
A single scene significant story that depicts how believers await the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

THE SCENE
A large room with long wooden chairs and tables. People sit and chat. 1st Man goes out as he presses his cell phone. 1st Coordinator comes in to give an announcement.
1ST COORDINATOR: Please, we want you to exercise more patient. We are very sorry for the delay. Perhaps, if we can recall, the Master has in several cases enlightened us that there may be a delay on his coming.
2ND MAN: (In a loud voice) Coordinator, please, help us tell him that he should come on time. Else, I have something meaningful to do at home with my family. (The 1st Man comes in and sit. He is trying to listen to the 1st Coordinator) So once again, please bear with us. The conclusion is that he will come as promised. (The 1st Coordinator leaves the scene)
1st MAN: (To the person sitting beside him) Sorry bro, what did he say about the Master?
3RD MAN: Where were you when he entered? The rule stated that we should be indoor till the Master comes.
1ST MAN: Don't mind me bro, I quickly go out to make some important calls.
3RD MAN: But you can make those calls inside. Definitely, you don't know the essence of this meeting.
1ST MAN: Uhm, the essence of the meeting. That's a very good remark.
3RD MAN: See my friend. To everything in life there is a scale of preference to measure the degree of importance or the essence of things. And it is advisable that we give more respect and concentration to things that are most essential. What I'm saying in extent is that the reason why we are inside this room is more important than the calls you went out to answered.
1ST MAN: Bro, I must confess; you are indeed a good mentor. I must make sure I remain diligently with you here till the Master comes.
3RD MAN: Just let us be patient, ok? (The 1st man nods his head to agree)
4TH MAN: (To the person sitting behind him) it seems this Master is going to take much time to come. Let me quickly go and bring my stuffs so I can start selling it here.
5TH MAN: What do you sell?
4TH MAN: I sells wears of different kinds and sizes for male and female. If you see them you will be tempted to buy.
5TH MAN: If that is the case, go and bring them. I think I need leg thing. we don't know yet the place where Master is taking us. I want to change this one (He is looking at his leg)
4TH MAN: Good. I'll be right back soon. (The 4th man exits)
6TH MAN: (He stands and goes to sit with a lady) Fine girl, how are you doing? Hope this place is not too boring?
1ST WOMAN: Not at all. The reason to endure is greater than anything.
6TH MAN: Wow! You speak as if you really need to see the Master.
1ST WOMAN: I'm not here only to see the Master but to follow him to wherever he is taking us. And that is what every one of us should be clamouring for.
6TH MAN: Well for now I have something else in mind. I'm thinking if you can join me in my seat. Let us have some fun together. I have enough food and entertainment to ease your heart. We will just enjoy ourselves before Master comes in.
1ST WOMAN: That is not why I'm here. And perhaps, no one knows when he'll enter. Not even the coordinators who always come to give announcement. (2nd Coordinator comes to address the people. The 6th man quickly goes back to his seat)
2ND COORDINATOR: (The people were making noise) Silent please! The Master ask me to tell you all that he will be here shortly. So you need to be silent and calm before his arrival. (The 2nd Coordinator exits)
7TH MAN: If the Master like let him wait there till tomorrow. I will not leave here. Whatever that is worth doing is worth doing well.
2ND WOMAN: (Comes to sit with the 1st Woman) Sister, tell me, what was that man feeding you with?
1ST WOMAN: Why did you want to know?
2ND WOMAN: It's not a big deal. I'm just kind of curious. He is my good friend back home.
1ST WOMAN: If that is the case you better advice him to place the coming of our Master on top of everything he want to do. So that he will not loose the grace.
2ND WOMAN: So he is telling you other things aside what we are here for?
1ST WOMAN: Yes. He said I should come and join him to have fun. I told him I'm ok with the position I am. (The 2nd Woman nods her head to agree. She goes to meet the 6th Man and sits with him. The 1st Woman is surprise seeing them) I pity the two of you.
4TH MAN: (He comes in with his stuffs and sits) Bro, any latest news about the Master?
5TH MAN: Another man came here with his bad face to announce that Master said he will soon be here. The man is not even like the first one. He is aggressive.
4TH MAN: See let me gist you; I don't think Master is coming today. The point is if we just wait here for the whole day and he didn't come, it is going to be a waist of time and energy to people like us who have something important to do.
5TH MAN: If he did not come today, bet me, I will have nothing to do with neither the Master nor the coordinators again. (He pauses) Let me buy what I want to buy first before other customers come here. (He begin to select the stuffs)
4TH MAN: (In a loud voice as he begin to advertise his products) Come and pick your own o! (Some people come closer and they are checking the stuffs)
8TH MAN: (He stands to address the people) My people. I want to say that these coordinators cannot be trusted any longer. They may be given us wrong information about the Master. So I'll suggest that we get another means to connect to the Master. So that we can get reliable information. (Some people accept while others ignore him) I'll make sure I get the contact so that we can call Master directly from this room to know when he is coming. But it's going to cost us some money. So if you are interest, please contribute your money. (He is going round to collect money from some people. After he finishes collecting the money, he wants to go out)
6TH MAN: Bro, where are you going with our money?
8TH MAN: I'm still on the plan; I want to go and get help. (The 6th Man nods his head to agree. The 8th Man exits)
3RD WOMAN: (Her phone rings. She carries her bag and want to go out to answer it)
4TH WOMAN: My sister, answer that your call here. The Master may be here any moment from now.
3RD WOMAN: My friend, get away! Master ko teacher ni! (She drags her hand from that of the 4th Woman) Is that your new portfolio? Most superintendent adviser. (She hisses and exits)
4TH WOMAN: (To the 1st Woman) I'm just trying to save her but she misunderstood me.
1ST WOMAN : You have done your part. Leave her with her fate. (Few hours later, it's already getting dark and the people get tired. The 2nd Man, 4th Man and 5th Man leave the scene at once. The Master suddenly comes in with the two coordinators and two other people who are like police officers. The officers quickly fetch out the people who are on seat diligently waiting for the Master. They were the 1st man, the 3rd man, the 7th man,1st Woman, 4th woman and two others. The remaining people begin to cry and give excuses.
8TH MAN: (Comes in with the 2nd Man, 4th Man, 5th Man and 3rd Woman) Master, welcome. We have been waiting for you for so long. I quickly go and get something outside.
THE MASTER: This people (Pointing at the people at the right side whom the officers have selected) are those who have been waiting for me so diligently. I have come only to save them from all their troubles and take them with me to wherever I'm going. So next time, you should learn to wait like a responsible person. (The selected people were very happy while the others are crying so heavily. The Master leaves the scene with the selected people and the officers use a long rope to tie the other people. Three men on black mask come to torment them. Light fades off)

THE END
Re: A Church Playlet Titled Awaiting Room by ProfKhaycee(m): 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nice one....I think I'm going to suggest dis playlet for drama presentation in church

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Is The Most Successful And Most Globally Decorated Nigerian / The Boy Who Loved Big Words - A Story / 3 Financially Important Things You Must Do After The Pandemic Is Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.