Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: (556 Views)

Oriki - Is There Anything Historical In It For Us? / Sa’ad Abubakar: Nigerian Masses In Difficult Times / Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by nlPoster: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2019

getting into the full discussion of the composition of the Yoruba ethnic is little bit complex because the Yoruba's today came from different migration waves - and not just one. However, the people and language have evolved overtime to what we call Yoruba today.

A quote from a previous topic on Yoruba/subsaharan African history.
Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by nlPoster: 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2019
A debate between nlers:

I

Yes these are just theories. Yes I agree, you shouldn't dwell on history, however you should learn about it. History helps one understand the world we live in.

II

History can only help you understand the past. Not the present.
Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by nlPoster: 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2019
I

grin

The thread is not about what story you claim or dont claim. Its finding out whether your ancestors were indigenous to the land or came from elsewhere by examining their antiquities in arts, worship, philosophy and so on...

II

Why try to find out what we already know?

III

Who is the "we"?
Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by nlPoster: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
I
We are on a quest . . . for places where Yoruba had footprints.

II

claims that Yoruba has footprints in AfroAsia, disprove these claims with substantial evidence

1 Like

Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by nlPoster: 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2019
I

Who are these Yorubas

II

Why do you wan't to know/ask ?

III

PLEASE IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TELL ME, IT IS FOR PERSONAL REASON
Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by OJODEL10(m): 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
since you mention me i am here
Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by nlPoster: 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
I intentionally did not mention your moniker, but as you're on the thread, did you get answers to your questions?
Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
Cc mrcork onila is at it again
Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by MrCork: 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
nlPoster:

angry
Re: Difficult To Revisit Unedited Historical Threads, But I Want To Drop This Here: by MrCork: 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2019
nlPoster:

ONILA..instead of posting thread every 3 second on nairaland...Cant u use that energy to find man??(loads of single homeless nice guys ready to mingle & romance u).. STOP THE POSTING PLEASE!! angry

(1) (Reply)

Significance Of Egungun In Yoruba Cultural History / Oluwo Of Iwo Announces His Wedding Date To Kano Princess / Erin-Ile In Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.