Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife (16744 Views)

Yorubas Have No Ancestral Link With Igbo, Olugbo Tells Ooni / We Are More Than Just Egyptians, Moors, Igbos, Hausas And Yorubas. / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by dachiwater: 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
The Ooni of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi, who spoke last weekend at his Ile-Oodua palace in Ile-Ife while receiving the Lagos State president of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Solomon Ogbonna, who had as a member accompanied the delegation of African Farmers And Cultural Organisation on a courtesy visit to the palace, stated that the Igbos and the Yorubas have historical ties.According to the Ooni of Ife, the historical ties between the Igbos and Yorubas makes them inseparable members of the same family. He said at the meeting;

“I am so happy to have the President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Lagos State President here as part of this empowerment initiative. Lagos is part of Yoruba land, we are all one, we are all the same. The history is there, the facts are there, and we should actually put this facts out. Why are we fighting?”

“This is your root. I said it recently, some of our Yoruba kinsmen with ignorance of our history came out with nugatory beratement of my position on the family ties between Yoruba and Igbo people. We have to say the truth and the truth must set us all free, we are blood brothers. We should be inseparable. Please feel at home in Yorubaland and respect your Yoruba brothers and sisters too.”

"We still have House of Igbo right in this palace till date. We call it Ile Igbo up till now. Our ancestors are buried and transfigured there. That is where kolanut was first discovered and nurtured. The Igbos are still the biggest consumers and users of kolanut which is only planted in Yorubaland till date. Can the Igbos do without kolanut? ”“The ancient Igbo house is one of the most sacred places in this palace till date. One of my brother kings – Aka Arogundabi from Iremo quarters saw the mysteries of house of Igbo (Aka-ri-Igbo). Till date, Akarigbo of Remoland still sees house of Igbo as a common heritage of his forebears,” the Ooni explained.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/22/igbos-and-yorubas-have-historical-ties-ooni-of-ife/

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by johnemeka(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
I see...
Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by delugajackson: 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
The Ooni may think he's right.

But the tribal war-lords on Nairaland beg to differ.

Truth is, most of all these tribal-banters end online. In reality, they are best of friends. At the end of the day, Tunde will always patronize Emeka at Alaba Int'l market, Amaka will still get married to Segun. Very funny set of people.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Aboks(m): 2:39am On Apr 23, 2019
if so why so much hatred between them

5 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2019
Yes and thier enmity for each other no be here, they just pretend to coexist.

Before you know now, one of them will start bragging on top nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by TheAngry1: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by nairavsdollars(f): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2019
Truth...Igbos are the leaders when it comes to business deals. Yorubas are learning a lot from them

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by soberdrunk(m): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2019
I always knew this, whenever I see Amaka walking down the road I see a bit of my great granny in her...........

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by mercenary: 7:26am On Apr 23, 2019
On nairaland abi?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by MobilityExpress: 7:26am On Apr 23, 2019
shocked

lipsrsealed
Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by zeromeridian: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2019
This Oni is exhibiting every symptoms of 2023 Tinubu presidential ambition. But we are too wise for Oni.

"Abokki go rule you, you go tire"

We do not have anything in common with Afonja.
God forbid! Saying Igbos have somethings in common with Afonja is an aberration.

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by rawpadgin(m): 7:27am On Apr 23, 2019
shocked sad shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by nonxo007(m): 7:27am On Apr 23, 2019
Truth be told, I see no reason as to why Igbo's and Yoruba's should consistently keep abusing themselves online. Let me tell you about myself, i met this beautiful and wonderful lady during my nysc camp in Ogun state. She is a Yoruba Muslim and I am an Igbo Christian. This didn't stop us from falling in love, she was my joy and I was same to her. We prayed, discussed and did almost everything together. A day hardly passes by without us talking...we shared everything which bothered us and never hid anything from each other. She is a seamstress and I am into ICT... After service and all I asked her why wait let's get married... But then there was the issue of religion and tribe, our stumbling block. For heavens sake why should a thing like religion or even tribe stop two adults who are in love from being together. We nearly took a crazy measure but then we reconsidered.
Look be you Igbo or Yoruba for your own best interest stop being tribal and drop every tribal sentiment. Forget what our parents or the society have told us about the other tribe, it isn't true. There isn't any tribe that is all good, none. Few weeks ago I made a comment on a post about stopping tribalism especially on this platform nairaland where it seems to be the heaven for tribalist..and this fellow from no where came and started insulting me and calling me name and all. I hold no grudge with the guy I only believe that if he had something tangible doing he won't have time for such comments.
I pray God heals us all of all tribalism... Racism and xenophobia is enough for us. Let's not add our own self hate to it...
BTW I and Balqis are still lovers and hopefully one day things would change and we'll be with each other.

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by nagastat: 7:27am On Apr 23, 2019
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Christafarian(m): 7:27am On Apr 23, 2019
Mutual suspicion and antagonism by one ethnic group against the other is a world phenomenon.

Here in Africa, we have seen and heard of the Akan ethnic group against the Asantes in Ghana; the Zulu against the Xhosa in South Africa; the Hutus against the Tutsis in Rwanda, amongst others.

What is however exciting is the fact that most of the animosities amongst the ethic groups highlighted above have been laid to rest and they have decided to work together in love and mutual respect. Other stratified societies in African societies are now forging common grounds for progress.

But here in my country, hmmm (sighs).

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by FreemanUYB(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2019
smiles�������
Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Phace(m): 7:28am On Apr 23, 2019
WhoBannedMyBro:
Yorubas and piggiyyyeasstterners have no ties... angry

PS: I haven't mentioned anybody or tribe. Whoever tampers with this post will die of cancer... angry

Oh. Don't play innocent bro
Your type is the worst.

16 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Nebuchadnezar: 7:28am On Apr 23, 2019
grin

inasmuch as i like this ooni for not being a bigot

i no gree for this one

God bless you ooni for not being a bigot like Tinubu the bastard drug dealing vagabond and
Osibanjo the vagabond puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pastor

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 23, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Elemosho478: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2019
The only ties we have is that we live in the same country, i am so sick of all these

IGBO AND YORUBA are so different and we have nothing in common in everything

Our culture and way of life is different, we don't even think alike. It is even glaring to the dead that we can never be the same and we are different

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by wakes: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2019
True
Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Buzoman: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2019
Only if our ancestors had written a history book for us to refer to when we grow.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by Kinterez(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2019
A common Yoruba will not like this ..Hating for no just cause..

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by TeamSimple(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2019
No matter how bad they rant online , they are still the best of friends on the street. My best friend is Aba boy , my Mum business mates are Igbo .

8 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by anambraamaka: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2019
True
Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by nagastat: 7:30am On Apr 23, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Truth...Igbos are the leaders when it comes to business deals. Yorubas are learning a lot from them

Here we go angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by chinavs9ja(m): 7:30am On Apr 23, 2019
Na so

You can get your website today...check your signature
Re: Igbos And Yorubas Have Historical Ties – Ooni Of Ife by elotajohn1(m): 7:30am On Apr 23, 2019
Only if my People will wake up One Day and discover that Political system of Nigeria is ripping us the joy we would've shared together as
Different tribes under one umbrella,
Different Religions under one umbrella,
Different cultures under one umbrella.

We should've been joyous and happy learning from ourselves differently as we work together in Building a Big Nation but our politicians are happy we are burning down our bridges and yet we don't have boats to cross the Seas but they have Jets and SeaJets

Imagine Hausas, Yorubas, Igbos sitting together working on technologies, building wonders, amidst of learning our cultures and heritage.

Imagine how beautiful Inter-cultural marriages will be without Religious interception

We have all it takes to be the Most Developed Nation in Africa but Politicians we have today won't have that envisioned!

I wish we can unite as ONE!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin / Oba Gbadewolu Ogedengbe Fagbohun Is Dead: Father Of LASU VC Dies / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.